PDA

View Full Version : 'Protestors' Who Confronted Flake Over Kavanaugh Vote May Have Ulterior Motives

jimnyc
09-30-2018, 12:43 PM
Oh yea, YA THINK??? That's like the understatement of the year. Activist here, activist there, liar here, liar there...

---

'Protestors' Who Confronted Flake Over Kavanaugh Vote May Have Ulterior Motives

Two sexual assault survivors on Friday confronted Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) over his plan to vote to confirm Judge Brett Kavanaugh. The two women stormed Flake as he was attempting to get into an elevator to make him listen to their story.

"I told the story of my sexual assault. I told it because I recognize–" Ana Maria Marchilla screamed at Flake.

"I need to go," Flake said.

"–that she's telling the truth. What you are doing is allowing someone who actually violated a woman to sit in the Supreme Court," Marchila said tearfully. "This is horrible. You have children in your family. Think about them! I have two children and cannot imagine that for the next 50 years they will have to have someone in the Supreme Court who has been accused of violating a young girl. What are you doing, sir?"

Another woman chimes in.

"I was sexually assaulted and no one believed me!" a voice from behind the camera screamed. "I didn't tell anyone and you're telling all women that they don't matter, that they should just stay quiet because if they tell you what happened to them, you're going to ignore them. That's what happened to me and that's what you're telling all women in America, that they don't matter, that they should just keep it to themselves because if they had told the truth you're just going to help that man to power anyway. That's what you're telling all of these women. That's what you're telling me right now."

Flake was looking at the elevator floor while the two women berated him.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" the woman behind the camera cried. "You're telling me that my assault doesn't matter, that what happened to me doesn't matter and you're going to elect people who do these things into power."

Here's the problem: The first woman, Ana Maria Marchila, is the co-executive director of the Center for Popular Democracy Action, a progressive organization who works in "partnership with high-impact base-building organizations, organizing alliances, and progressive unions." The group touts their desire to "win an innovative pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda."

She took to Twitter to

http://www.dpimagehosting.com/images/2018/09/30/YYvqgVF.png

http://www.dpimagehosting.com/images/2018/09/30/CvIe87F.png

http://www.dpimagehosting.com/images/2018/09/30/GBonKbz.png

http://www.dpimagehosting.com/images/2018/09/30/Cih4jNS.png

http://www.dpimagehosting.com/images/2018/09/30/ODUei1I.png

Of course, she also used the opportunity to promote her progressive organization.

http://www.dpimagehosting.com/images/2018/09/30/tByRpaH.png

She even used her connections to write an opinion piece in USA Today entitled, "I confronted Jeff Flake over Brett Kavanaugh. Survivors like me won't stand for injustice."

In the middle of her OpEd she admitted the real reason she opposes Kavanaugh's confirmation — and guess what? It has pretty much everything to do with Roe v. Wade and a "woman's right to choose."

On Monday, I was with the organization that I co-lead, the Center for Popular Democracy Action, and hundreds of people from across the country who came to D.C. to urge their senators to vote no on the Kavanaugh nomination.

Much of his record on civil rights, worker protections, health care and reproductive justice is an abomination. So, too, is his personal history of treating women as less deserving of respect and control over our lives, as these accusations against him have shown.

For weeks people have traveled to D.C. to tell their stories trying to secure and save their health care, exercise their right to vote and, more recently, survive. People came to tell their survivor stories, discuss how Kavanaugh’s judicial record would harm working people and to urge their senators to vote against the nomination.

I believe that the history of our country is one of constant struggle for more of us to be included in the promise of freedom and democracy. From the struggle to end slavery, to the fight to secure health care for all, people fighting for their lives and their dignity, together, gets us closer to bringing into existence the country where we can all be free. Let’s continue this struggle.

Now the million dollar question: what were Ana Maria Archila's real motivations behind this publicity stunt? Was it to get Flake to flip his vote? Was it to promote her progressive organization (especially since she says they don't get big funding)? Was it to "stand in solidarity with Dr. Ford" and Kavanaugh's other accusers?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2018/09/30/protestors-who-confronted-flake-over-kavanaugh-vote-may-have-ulterior-motives-n2524094

Gunny
09-30-2018, 04:55 PM
Attention whoring.

aboutime
09-30-2018, 05:02 PM
Liberal Hatred, and Stupidity have no REASON. The louder they get. The Dumber they look, and sound. Let them vent. FLAKE is a Lame Duck, and a Wussy who is still doing John McCain's talking. Out of his BUTT.

Gunny
09-30-2018, 05:20 PM
Liberal Hatred, and Stupidity have no REASON. The louder they get. The Dumber they look, and sound. Let them vent. FLAKE is a Lame Duck, and a Wussy who is still doing John McCain's talking. Out of his BUTT.I'm not sure which is more important to them. Screwing up the process or "being somebody" for 10 seconds. And remember, stupidity doesn't matter to these chuckleheads. BAD attention is STILL attention. Ask Pete.

Gunny
09-30-2018, 07:54 PM
One thing we can be sure of is this: Jeff Flake took an oath to do what's best for this country and its citizens, and to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States. Whatever his motive(s), it's neither of them.

jimnyc
10-01-2018, 12:25 PM
Why anyone at all would have believed that they weren't activists of some sort is beyond me. Nothing surprising about anyone and any news coming out about the left, and their shenanigans in trying to prevent Kavanaugh from reaching the SC.

---

Woman Who Ambushed Flake in Elevator Is Director of Soros-Funded Group

At least one of the women who cornered Arizona senator Jeff Flake in an elevator last Friday, screaming in his face for several excruciating minutes, works for the Soros-funded Center for Popular Democracy, the left-wing organization spearheading the effort to stop Kavanaugh.

Ana Maria Archila and 23-year-old Maria Gallagher are the two women who confronted Flake in the elevator.

Flake had just announced that he was going to vote yes on moving Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination out of the Judiciary Committee and onto the Senate floor for a full debate when the activists trapped him in the elevator.

CNN's Suzanne Malveaux met the pair while waiting outside Flake's office earlier that morning. According to Malveaux, they ran after Flake when they caught sight of him and some staffers walking down the hall.

"We caught up with him just as he was getting into the elevator. The doors were closing, and Archila literally and figuratively put her foot down — causing the doors to open," Malveaux wrote.

"You have children in your family. Think about them. I have two children. I cannot imagine that for the next 50 years they will have to have someone in the Supreme Court who has been accused of violating a young girl," Archila shouted. "What are you doing, sir?"
Gallagher hollered: "I was sexually assaulted and nobody believed me! I didn't tell anyone, and you're telling all women that they don't matter, that they should just stay quiet because if they tell you what happened to them you are going to ignore them. That's what happened to me, and that's what you are telling all women in America, that they don't matter!"
According to National Review's John Fund, both of the women work for the far-left Soros group.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/one-of-the-women-who-ambushed-flake-in-elevator-is-director-of-soros-funded-group/

Elessar
10-01-2018, 06:14 PM
These freaks pull no stops!

How about the hundreds that were 'ushered' from the hearing chambers the first few days?

Think this is not an overall concerted pattern to delay and obstruct the process?

Gunny
10-01-2018, 08:35 PM
Why anyone at all would have believed that they weren't activists of some sort is beyond me. Nothing surprising about anyone and any news coming out about the left, and their shenanigans in trying to prevent Kavanaugh from reaching the SC.

---

Woman Who Ambushed Flake in Elevator Is Director of Soros-Funded Group

At least one of the women who cornered Arizona senator Jeff Flake in an elevator last Friday, screaming in his face for several excruciating minutes, works for the Soros-funded Center for Popular Democracy, the left-wing organization spearheading the effort to stop Kavanaugh.

Ana Maria Archila and 23-year-old Maria Gallagher are the two women who confronted Flake in the elevator.

Flake had just announced that he was going to vote yes on moving Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination out of the Judiciary Committee and onto the Senate floor for a full debate when the activists trapped him in the elevator.

CNN's Suzanne Malveaux met the pair while waiting outside Flake's office earlier that morning. According to Malveaux, they ran after Flake when they caught sight of him and some staffers walking down the hall.

"We caught up with him just as he was getting into the elevator. The doors were closing, and Archila literally and figuratively put her foot down — causing the doors to open," Malveaux wrote.

"You have children in your family. Think about them. I have two children. I cannot imagine that for the next 50 years they will have to have someone in the Supreme Court who has been accused of violating a young girl," Archila shouted. "What are you doing, sir?"
Gallagher hollered: "I was sexually assaulted and nobody believed me! I didn't tell anyone, and you're telling all women that they don't matter, that they should just stay quiet because if they tell you what happened to them you are going to ignore them. That's what happened to me, and that's what you are telling all women in America, that they don't matter!"
According to National Review's John Fund, both of the women work for the far-left Soros group.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/one-of-the-women-who-ambushed-flake-in-elevator-is-director-of-soros-funded-group/The people that don't see the obvious are just willfully refusing too. Their minds operate on emotion/hate and zero logic, common sense, and/or evidence/fact. They're raised just like little ragheads ..." Class, repeat after me ... the right is wrong and we hate them because they exist. No questions will be answered followed this period of instruction".

THAT is the mindset. Nothing is going to change it. It's just like trying to negotiate with ragheads or snakes. The right needs to quit wasting its time.

I'm as pissed at the Republicans for playing into this Democrap quagmire as I am the moron Democraps for actually thinking what they are doing is okay.