PDA

View Full Version : Nanny sues the mother who fired her after sending a racist text

jimnyc
10-01-2018, 04:06 PM
How do you look for a nanny, have a black woman show up, and then accidentally send her a text message, meant for her husband, stating "NOOOOOOOOOOO ANOTHER BLACK PERSON”?

You have to be a complete idiot to send it to the wrong person, do you not LOOK at what you're doing? And that's no excuse anyway, nor is the lame excuse about firing her, not because of race, but rather because it would now be uncomfortable.

I don't know exactly how the monetary things work out. I DO KNOW that you cannot hire/fire anyone based on their race, which is obviously what they want to avoid now.

I cannot believe the husband would come out and say she isn't racist, we aren't racist people. Yeah SURE buddy! I mean, I guess he kinda has to say that, but IMO would have been better served in simply apologizing and shut the F up. I hope they first get some sort of massive fines or complaints via the state, as landlords. And then I hope this woman is successful in her claim. Some would instantly go for millions. She is being reasonable and looking for 6 months of salary, and I hope she gets it easily.

---

Nanny sues the mother who fired her after sending a racist text

Lynsey Plasco-Flaxman reportedly thought she was texting her husband about the new nanny she had hired to look after the couple’s two children. Instead, she mistakenly texted the message — which read, “NOOOOOOOOOOO ANOTHER BLACK PERSON” — to Giselle Maurice, the new nanny in question.

In a new discrimination lawsuit, Maurice, who is a black woman, alleges that Plasco-Flaxman fired her after she realized that she and not her husband had received the racist text. Maurice believes she’s owed the six months’ worth of pay she was promised when Plasco-Flaxman hired her.

“[I want] to show them, look, you don’t do stuff like that,” Maurice told the New York Post. “I know it’s discrimination.”

According to Maurice, Plasco-Flaxman explained the text by noting that her last nanny was African-American. The Manhattan-based mom claimed to have had a bad experience with the previous nanny, hence her reaction to Maurice’s race.

The Plasco family has claimed that Maurice was dismissed not because of her race, but because of any potential conflict the text situation might have caused.

Plasco-Flaxman reportedly said she felt “uncomfortable” employing Maurice after the accidental text.

“[My wife] had sent her something that she didn’t mean to say,” Joel Plasco, the woman’s husband, told the Post. “She’s not a racist. We’re not racist people. But would you put your children in the hands of someone you’ve been rude to, even if it was by mistake? Your newborn baby? Come on.”

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/nanny-sues-mother-fired-sending-racist-text-152132774.html

Noir
10-01-2018, 04:58 PM
“[My wife] had sent her something that she didn’t mean to say”

I would love to know what she meant to say that accidentally came out as

“NOOOOOOOOOOO ANOTHER BLACK PERSON”

Elessar
10-01-2018, 05:38 PM
“[My wife] had sent her something that she didn’t mean to say”

I would love to know what she meant to say that accidentally came out as

“NOOOOOOOOOOO ANOTHER BLACK PERSON”

Why don't you text her and ask?

Lesson learned, though....Texting is dangerous and not at all considered private.
I never use it. If my phone is not good enough, or places like this, screw all those
texting idiots.