PDA

View Full Version : Senators that wanted FBI investigation - now leaning Kavanaugh

jimnyc
10-04-2018, 02:02 PM
Yup, little 'ol liberals, the clock has struck midnight and the Supreme Court of the United States has just went that much further to the right, which of course is a great thing for the entire nation. 7 times the man was investigated and they found him to be squeaky clean. And now the little liberals are in a frenzy today, saying it wasn't enough. What a shock that is!

So if Ginsberg lasts another 6 years, then things will likely be as-is, and the right has the appropriate edge in the highest court. But should she meet her maker, then put millions on suicide watch, and comedy watch.

The folks that were nervous about him are now approving of him, and the game from the left is over.

And in addition to the game being over, the right getting another judge on the SC bench - I believe I heard on 1010 Wins earlier while driving that Trump numbers have reached the 50% support plateau.

I expect Pete will be screaming at the skies first sight of the moon this evening. :laugh:

---

Make-or-break GOP senators signal support for Kavanaugh after FBI report

A pair of GOP senators who had been on the fence about Brett Kavanaugh indicated Thursday they were satisfied with the FBI’s updated background check on the Supreme Court nominee — an apparent signal of support of his confirmation.

“We’ve seen no additional corroborating information,” said Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake, referring to the allegations of sexual misconduct lodged against President Trump’s nominee by a California college professor and a former classmate at Yale.

Kavanaugh has vigorously denied the accusations.

Maine Sen. Susan Collins, another Republican who, like Flake, has not announced a position, said “it appears to be a very thorough investigation,” countering claims by Democrats that it was a rush job micromanaged by the White House.

Flake and Collins — along with Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski — are key GOP votes in the bitterly divided Senate, where Republicans hold a 51-49 majority and can’t afford to lose more than two votes, assuming all Democrats vote to deny the nomination.

Rest - https://nypost.com/2018/10/04/make-or-break-gop-senators-signal-support-for-kavanaugh-after-fbi-report/

White House Finds No Support in FBI Report for Claims Against Kavanaugh

Senators are set to review the FBI’s findings Thursday

WASHINGTON—The White House has found no corroboration of the allegations of sexual misconduct against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh after examining interview reports from the FBI’s latest probe into the judge’s background, according to people familiar with the matter.

It was unclear whether the White House, which for weeks has raised doubts about the allegations, had completed its review of the FBI interview reports.

Still, the White House’s conclusions from the report aren’t definitive at this point in the confirmation process. Senators who will decide Mr. Kavanaugh’s fate are set to review the findings on Thursday, and some of them may draw different conclusions.

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R., Iowa), the Senate Judiciary Committee’s chairman, said on Twitter early Thursday that the committee had received the report.

The result could leave senators in much the same position as last week—faced with two witnesses providing mutually exclusive accounts and forced to decide between them. The investigation, which concluded two days before its Friday deadline, has faced mounting criticism in recent days from Democrats who have said the probe wasn’t appropriately comprehensive. Investigators spoke to one of the three women who made accusations of sexual misconduct against Judge Kavanaugh.

Raj Shah, spokesman for the White House, said in a statement early Thursday morning: “The White House has received the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s supplemental background investigation into Judge Kavanaugh, and it is being transmitted to the Senate.”

Rest - https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-finds-no-corroboration-of-sexual-misconduct-allegations-against-kavanaugh-in-fbi-report-1538625927

Republican enthusiasm surges amid Supreme Court battle

WASHINGTON
They are getting outraised. They are struggling in suburbia. And their top guy is dividing America. But suddenly, five weeks from Election Day, Republicans are seeing tangible evidence of a spike in GOP enthusiasm that has eluded them all cycle.

“It’s got to be Kavanaugh,” said Republican pollster Robert Blizzard, coming to the same conclusion as GOP operatives nationwide: the Democrats’ efforts to block President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee are backfiring with Republicans who were previously apathetic about the midterms but are now angry—and engaged.

Conversations with pollsters, strategists and party officials reveal that Republican voters are circling the wagons around Brett Kavanaugh, Trump’s Supreme Court nominee who has been accused of sexual assault, allegations he strongly denies. And now, there are concrete signs that the drama over his confirmation, complete with emotional Senate hearings and an FBI supplemental investigation, is helping Republicans close an enthusiasm gap with Democrats, which has been one of the GOP’s biggest challenges of the last two years.

“It’s the difference between victory and defeat in a close race,” said veteran GOP pollster Whit Ayres, who said he’s seeing a bump in Republican enthusiasm. “They’re pretty upset about how Kavanaugh has been treated.”

Rest - https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/midterms/article219488090.html

jimnyc
10-04-2018, 02:14 PM
---

Kavanaugh chances rise after Republicans react to FBI report

Washington (CNN)Brett Kavanaugh's chances of reaching the Supreme Court appeared to get a significant boost Thursday as key Republican senators reacted positively to the results of a new FBI investigation into sexual assault allegations against him.

The White House and Senate Republican leaders swiftly moved to build momentum behind President Donald Trump's pick after senators got the chance to view the supplemental FBI background check. The inquiry was re-opened after a contentious Judiciary Committee hearing last week in which Christine Blasey Ford publicly alleged Kavanaugh assaulted her when they were high schoolers in the 1980s.

There were early indications that the results of the inquiry could provide several wavering Republicans senators with the political cover they need to support Kavanaugh, even though they faced intense pressure in the shifting politics of the #MeToo era to lend Ford's allegation more credibility. Kavanaugh has denied all allegations against him.

Maine Sen. Susan Collins, who Kavanaugh's critics hope could be persuaded to break with her party, did not say how she would vote. But she said: "It appears to be a very thorough investigation." Collins is torn between backing the nominee of her own party and siding with voters who see Ford as an emblem for women who have long fought for allegations they made against powerful men to be heard.

Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake, who worked last week to force the FBI probe, told CNN that "we've seen no additional corroborating information" regarding the allegations. Another key Republican, Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, has yet to comment -- though she has an independent streak and is not a guaranteed vote for her party.

Rest - https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/04/politics/senate-receives-fbi-kavanaugh-file/index.html

High_Plains_Drifter
10-04-2018, 02:18 PM
I listened to Rush Limbaugh today for the first time in awhile, and he had a caller that said they never voted before. It was a 30 something person but after witnessing what the mongrel demdogs did to Kavanaugh, he said he was so disgusted that he went out and IMMEDIATELY registered to vote, and he did NOT register democrat. He registered republican so he could vote AGAINST the mongrels.

I don't think this is unique to just this one guy. Fox News has been doing their walkabout interviews with people and it does appear that the vast majority of people are saying that they're just APPALLED and DISGUSTED with the behavior and smear tactics of the democrats, and that NO ONE, EVER, should be GUILTY by ACCUSATION ALONE, and on top of that, accusations that can NOT be CORROBORATED. People are thinking, what if someone did this to my Dad, my son, my brother, husband, whatever, some loony bitch from THIRTY SIX YEARS AGO that has some VAGUE REPRESSED MEMORY, but can't remember HOW SHE GOT THERE, WHERE IT WAS, WHAT TIME IT WAS, HOW SHE GOT HOME, ETC... and then the people that she said were there all DENY they were or have NO IDEA what she's talking about. There's not a COP IN AMERICA that would even BOTHER with some BS story like that, and people see what's going on.

People KNOW this is ALLL about DESTROYING Kavanaugh and DELAY, DELAY, DELAY, PERIOD. It's all about POWER to the mongrels, AT... ANY... COST... and yes, it IS going to cost them. They're not going to WIN a MAJORITY in ANYTHING. The NATION is REJECTING the mongrel democrats, because they're REALLY getting a first hand look at just what kind of filthy, low life TRASH the democrats are.

Democrats are the party of trash.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-04-2018, 02:43 PM
I listened to Rush Limbaugh today for the first time in awhile, and he had a caller that said they never voted before. It was a 30 something person but after witnessing what the mongrel demdogs did to Kavanaugh, he said he was so disgusted that he went out and IMMEDIATELY registered to vote, and he did NOT register democrat. He registered republican so he could vote AGAINST the mongrels.

I don't think this is unique to just this one guy. Fox News has been doing their walkabout interviews with people and it does appear that vast majority of people are saying that they're just APPALLED and DISGUSTED with the behavior and smear tactics of the democrats, and that NO ONE, EVER, should be GUILTY by ACCUSATION ALONE, and top of that, accusations that can NOT be CORROBORATED. People are thinking, what if someone did this to my Dad, my son, my brother, husband, whatever, some loony bitch from THIRTY SIX YEARS AGO that has some VAGUE REPRESSED MEMORY, but can't remember HOW SHE GOT THERE, WHERE IT WAS, WHAT TIME IT WAS, HOW SHE GOT HOME, ETC... and then the people that she said were there all DENY they were or have NO MEMORY of what she's talking about. There's not a COP IN AMERICA that would even BOTHER with some BS story like that, and people see what's going on.

People KNOW this is ALLL about DESTROYING Kavanaugh and DELAY, DELAY, DELAY, PERIOD. It's all about POWER to the mongrels, AT... ANY... COST... and yes, it IS going to cost them. They're not going to win a MAJORITY in ANYTHING. The NATION is REJECTING the mongrel democrats, because they're REALLY getting a first hand look at just what kind of filthy, low life TRASH the democrats are.

Democrats are the party of trash.

Gunny
10-04-2018, 07:21 PM
I've had enough. I'll be there bright and early with my cha-ching for Cruz. He doesn't always make me real happy with some of his crap, but after this crap? I see it as a war.

Now if Cruz would just NOT "debate" that gun control moron Beto ....:rolleyes: Seriously. WHY do Republicans agree to this shit? It's a word-twisting game for the Dems. Nothing more. I'd tell Beto O'Rourke to go debate his gun control bullshit with one of the Mexican Mafia members in SE San Antonio.