PDA

View Full Version : A question for all us Sailors

Bilgerat
10-05-2018, 11:25 AM
Is it just me?

I realize that I'm older, but I'm having some back issues lately.

I remember fondly the racks we all slept in on board ship, with the thin padding and steel foundation. No back issues then.

When we're in our R/V, we sleep on a good mattress, but it's backed up with a thick plywood foundation. No issues for me there either.

Our bed is a firm, but the Lady is concerned that I'm not getting the rest I could be getting.

I ordered one of those "My Pillow Toppers", so I guess we'll see if that helps.

aboutime
10-05-2018, 03:42 PM
I can attest to sleeping in our RACK, on a 3 inch, so-called mattress for so many years. I had two major spinal surgeries while on active duty, and both (I suspect) had something to do with being so tired after long watches...standing up, in Radio, and Quarterdeck Watches as OOD in all kinds of weather. 4 Hours at a time, with CORFAM, shiny dress shoes that were lousy for foot protection.
My first spinal operation took place after our P.T. on the flight deck of the USS Nassau in Dubai, during Operation Desert Storm, aboard the USNS MERCY hospital ship, in the Persian Gulf 1991.

Take care of supporting your Neck, more than your Back. A good pillow works, even if you sleep on a board. After all. The Neck is the top of your SPINE.

Elessar
10-05-2018, 04:49 PM
My knees and back are wrecked....some from athletics, but a lot from standing on metal decks in those horrid
issued boondockers! I went and purchased other steel-toed boots that had some cushioning.

My suggestion for your back is to roll up a beach towel - not tightly - but roll it up and place it
under your lower back of a night, just above the hips. That keeps the natural curvature to your spine intact.
Then use another pillow to elevate your head a bit, relieving the strain even more.

Daytime or when not sleeping, a heating pad helps a lot.

Believe me! I feel your pain!

Gunny
10-05-2018, 06:13 PM
It's the steel deck, and never getting off of it. It has ZERO give. This sounded dumb to me until I thought about it. Why run in the street? Asphalt has more give than cement (sidewalks). Duh. Makes sense. That steel deck doesn't give a "hair". Most career Sailors I've known have back problems, and some Marines.

Falling into the latter group, the majority of us don't have any knees left especially we older ones that had to run in those Vietnam leftover combat boots. My back's okay. I've needed surgery on my right knee for years and I suspect my left doesn't hurt only because I can't feel the pain for the right. Ankles are jacked.

Just for kicks you can throw in our sea time. Seeing how many steps up the ladderwell you could launch from to the next platform down sliding down the rails. Running laps on the deck before flight hours. The Marine in the rack below mine on the Pelleilu (3rd rack up) used to pinball to the deck every night. Don't know how he could roll enough to manage that but he did it regularly. I imagine that didn't feel good. Couldn't have hurt THAT dude's IQ :laugh:

but every fall, every time you slam into the deck or the bulkhead, your body is taking 100% of the impact. There's no give and no mercy in that ship.

Elessar
10-05-2018, 06:56 PM
You're right. Steel and aluminum decks have no 'give and take'.
Fiberglass is not much better. Wooden ones are not bad, but
they are very rare these day - too high maintenance!

CG got away from running in boondockers when I was senior
instructor at the USCG Gym in Cape May. The complaints of knee,
back, and neck pains diminished dramatically.

It looks good, running in boots as a squad/company, but the end result
will be skeletal damage over the long term. Shin splints were also
caused by running in these. That upright 'marching' stance was bad, too because
it made you land on your heels and not allow the weight to be absorbed by
the balls of your feet.

There are some much better ones on the market these days that will
suit uniform regulations.

Gunny
10-05-2018, 07:38 PM
You're right. Steel and aluminum decks have no 'give and take'.
Fiberglass is not much better. Wooden ones are not bad, but
they are very rare these day - too high maintenance!

CG got away from running in boondockers when I was senior
instructor at the USCG Gym in Cape May. The complaints of knee,
back, and neck pains diminished dramatically.

It looks good, running in boots as a squad/company, but the end result
will be skeletal damage over the long term. Shin splints were also
caused by running in these. That upright 'marching' stance was bad, too because
it made you land on your heels and not allow the weight to be absorbed by
the balls of your feet.

There are some much better ones on the market these days that will
suit uniform regulations.We were no allowed to deviate in any way, shape, nor form from the issue combat boot issued during the Vietnam war until the 90s with one exception: Overseas in FMF units you could run down to Saigon Sam's and get some green jungle boots. They weren't allowed back here. Oh yeah, jump qualified Marines could wear the Army style Corcoran "jump boots".

In the early 90s they started letting us wear black jungle boots (same as the green ones) then around 95-ish they went the way of the other services and said we could wear anything that met USMC clothing regulation standards. Had a pair of Danner's the next day. Was too late for those of us in my era though. Damage was done.

Desert boots were organizational issue. If your unit bought them, you had them. I never thought anything about it except we were wearing green jungle boots in Kuwait at first (that's when they first came up with the black jungle boots idea), and half the units were in Army or Air Force chocolate chip cammies and the rest in woodland ones. I hate organizational issue. Once I pinned on SSgt I went and bought my own desert shit. Anyway, the OI boots were just tan versions of black/green jungle boots.

Two slabs of rubber with some canvas to hold them to your feet. I could run 3 miles in 22 minutes in them. We thought we were indestructible and never going to get old :)

Bilgerat
10-11-2018, 10:33 AM
Yesterday we received the "My Pillow" topper for the bed along with two free pillows. It was deployed forthwith.

Got up this A/M with the back not complaining. In fact, the Lady stated that I hardly moved at all during the night.

The experiment will continue.

And thanks all for your opinions.

Gunny
10-11-2018, 11:14 AM
Yesterday we received the "My Pillow" topper for the bed along with two free pillows. It was deployed forthwith.

Got up this A/M with the back not complaining. In fact, the Lady stated that I hardly moved at all during the night.

And thanks all for your opinions.Holy Kee-RAP! Can't wait to see what High_Plains_Drifter thinks of THIS development :laugh2::laugh2:

Elessar
10-11-2018, 04:57 PM

And thanks all for your opinions.

Good for you! My son, the DPT, might be interested in this individual solution!

Bilgerat
10-11-2018, 05:20 PM
Good for you! My son, the DPT, might be interested in this individual solution!

I'm still skeptical, but this was the first morning (in a while) that I did feel like I slept better.

Keep an eye out for the commercials, they do have a code that drops the price 30% and chips in two free pillows.

aboutime said to support my neck with a good pillow. The firm pillow they sent was very nice!

Abbey Marie
10-11-2018, 06:26 PM
I'm still skeptical, but this was the first morning (in a while) that I did feel like I slept better.

Keep an eye out for the commercials, they do have a code that drops the price 30% kand chips in two free pillows.

aboutime said to support my neck with a good pillow. The firm pillow they sent was very nice!

Let us us know if the mattress topper continues to help. I know someone who could use a solution.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-11-2018, 10:56 PM
I realize the My Pillow guy is a US made product, but then again, they are in leftist Minnesota, but the sheer amount of IN YOUR FACE COMMERCIALS I've seen for this shit is enough to make me buy one of those fucking pillows just so I can PISS on it and BURN IT. I don't care if it's GOD'S GIFT TO HUMANS, I just get OVERLOADED watching this clown on TV with his PILLOW COMMERCIALS. He started out holding one pumping it up and down as he talked like he was rocking a fucking BABY. First time you see the commercial, fine, second time, OK, third time, alright, I get it, you're selling a damn pillow, the ZILLIONENTH time I see your commercial, I want to KICK YOU IN THE FACE and STUFF YOUR PILLOW UP YOUR ASS.

I used to sleep ON THE CONCRETE RAMP under an F-16 in the shade at Nellis AFB, I used a T.O. for a PILLOW, (technical order binder). Hell I've slept on more floors than I care to remember. I can sleep in a chair, on the couch, in my bed or in my car, I don't care. When I'm tired I'm out... and I don't need no clowns damn PILLOW. I'll roll up my PANTS and use them as a pillow.

Elessar
10-11-2018, 11:15 PM
I used to sleep ON THE CONCRETE RAMP under an F-16 in the shade at Nellis AFB, I used a T.O. for a PILLOW, (technical order binder). Hell I've slept on more floors than I care to remember. I can sleep in a chair, on the couch, in my bed or in my car, I don't care. When I'm tired I'm out... and I don't need to clowns damn PILLOW. I'll roll up my PANTS and use them as a pillow.

When in the Gulf of Mexico where the water temps were 86F, I used to pull my 3" mattress,
my poncho liner, and sleep on the gun mount, using a rolled up towel as a pillow.

Bilgerat
10-12-2018, 07:38 AM
I realize the My Pillow guy is a US made product, but then again, they are in leftist Minnesota, but the sheer amount of IN YOUR FACE COMMERCIALS I've seen for this shit is enough to make me buy one of those fucking pillows just so I can PISS on it and BURN IT. I don't care if it's GOD'S GIFT TO HUMANS, I just get OVERLOADED watching this clown on TV with his PILLOW COMMERCIALS. He started out holding one pumping it up and down as he talked like he was rocking a fucking BABY. First time you see the commercial, fine, second time, OK, third time, alright, I get it, you're selling a damn pillow, the ZILLIONENTH time I see your commercial, I want to KICK YOU IN THE FACE and STUFF YOUR PILLOW UP YOUR ASS.

I used to sleep ON THE CONCRETE RAMP under an F-16 in the shade at Nellis AFB, I used a T.O. for a PILLOW, (technical order binder). Hell I've slept on more floors than I care to remember. I can sleep in a chair, on the couch, in my bed or in my car, I don't care. When I'm tired I'm out... and I don't need no clowns damn PILLOW. I'll roll up my PANTS and use them as a pillow.

You know, if you keep holding this in you'll get an ulcer :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Bilgerat
10-12-2018, 08:45 AM
With all deference to High Plains, morning two of this grand experiment is also a pleasant experience.

The pains I have been experiencing are greatly reduced with less tossing & turning

High_Plains_Drifter
10-12-2018, 12:55 PM
You know, if you keep holding this in you'll get an ulcer :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
That was a mild rant... :laugh:

Bilgerat
10-12-2018, 03:53 PM
That was a mild rant... :laugh:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Bilgerat
10-17-2018, 02:07 PM
https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/44244086_2126274817423578_6190147204775149568_n.jp g?_nc_cat=107&oh=cc48142174262015403ce1a0566f34eb&oe=5C55AAA5

Abbey Marie
10-17-2018, 02:17 PM

I tend to give him some slack because he prominently shows his cross.
But I get it; voices can drive me crazy, too.

Abbey Marie
10-17-2018, 02:27 PM
Bilgerat

Still liking the topper? Can you tell if it’s the topper or the pillow that helped most?

Gunny
10-17-2018, 02:30 PM
https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/44244086_2126274817423578_6190147204775149568_n.jp g?_nc_cat=107&oh=cc48142174262015403ce1a0566f34eb&oe=5C55AAA5Boy did I EVER love sitting up suddenly in one of those damned racks :( Berthing "space". Yeah, for midgets and little kids.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-17-2018, 05:00 PM
I'll tell ya, it's all those poor AF troops that got it rough... :laugh2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yACLcq3jwig

Bilgerat
10-17-2018, 05:34 PM

aboutime
10-17-2018, 06:14 PM
http://icansayit.com/img/recoveryracks.jpg

Never took a picture of my own. But these are exactly like mine.

Anybody remember what "TRICE UP" means???

Gunny
10-17-2018, 07:01 PM
http://icansayit.com/img/recoveryracks.jpg

Never took a picture of my own. But these are exactly like mine.

Anybody remember what "TRICE UP" means???

I ALWAYS took the top rack/3rd rack up. No one ever argued with me. Wonder why ... :laugh: No one ever stepped on me either :)

Bilgerat
10-18-2018, 08:13 AM
I ALWAYS took the top rack/3rd rack up. No one ever argued with me. Wonder why ... :laugh: No one ever stepped on me either :)

Yeah, I liked the top rack too for the same reasons!

Bilgerat
10-18-2018, 08:18 AM
@Bilgerat (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3372)

Still liking the topper? Can you tell if it’s the topper or the pillow that helped most?

Sorry Abbey, just caught this

The Topper or pillow is doing the job. The back is better, but I'll be fracked if I know which is doing the job.

I know that going sans pillow might decide, but I don't want to start up problems :salute:

Elessar
10-18-2018, 09:08 AM
I had a top rack on the Venturous, but it did not have a safety bar.
Got tossed out of that thing one night when we took a 53 degree roll
in a storm.:laugh:

Gunny
10-18-2018, 05:30 PM
I had a top rack on the Venturous, but it did not have a safety bar.
Got tossed out of that thing one night when we took a 53 degree roll
in a storm.:laugh:You take your combat boots and put them heels first against the lip of the rack so you have to roll completely over them to fall out. I slept to light and never did. Had the top bunk since I was 6-7.

Seen some nasty "pinball" landings though. Or heard them, mostly :laugh:

Usually sounded something like "oomph ... ahhhh.... " *thump* "fuck". :laugh:

Bilgerat
10-18-2018, 09:28 PM
And then, there's this

High_Plains_Drifter
10-18-2018, 10:33 PM
Call me crazy, but had I joined the Navy, I'd have wanted sub duty. I think they're cool. Course I may have lived to regret that but, I think it would have been an experience of a lifetime.

Gunny
10-19-2018, 09:03 AM
Call me crazy, but had I joined the Navy, I'd have wanted sub duty. I think they're cool. Course I may have lived to regret that but, I think it would have been an experience of a lifetime.

:buttkick:

Elessar
10-20-2018, 06:09 PM

I could never have gone to subs. I like fresh air, sun, and seeing the sea on the surface, not below it.

Plus I am fairly claustrophobic. I hate the tube-type MRIs!:laugh:

aboutime
10-20-2018, 06:44 PM
We called SUB sailors...BUBBLE HEADS. And reminded them...They worked in a LONG TUBE full of SEAMEN.
We always respected them for their service. It takes a special kind of person to survive that kind of duty. Most civilians have no idea what the stresses are for them. Much less what all at-sea, sailors need to survive.
Subs have two crews. A Blue, and a Gold. When each crew returns from long deployments, the other crew is on the pier to relieve them.
They earn their pay, and all Sub sailors are the Most Qualified people in the Navy. In order for them to Earn their DOLPHINS. They must be able to operate, and repair everything on the Boat to qualify as a Submariner.
We complained about sleeping in Close quarters all the time, on our ships. But few could handle sleeping next to a torpedo, or other noisy space for three, or six months without going Bonkers.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-20-2018, 07:25 PM
I could never have gone to subs. I like fresh air, sun, and seeing the sea on the surface, not below it.

We called SUB sailors...BUBBLE HEADS. And reminded them...They worked in a LONG TUBE full of SEAMEN.
We always respected them for their service. It takes a special kind of person to survive that kind of duty. Most civilians have no idea what the stresses are for them. Much less what all at-sea, sailors need to survive.
Subs have two crews. A Blue, and a Gold. When each crew returns from long deployments, the other crew is on the pier to relieve them.
They earn their pay, and all Sub sailors are the Most Qualified people in the Navy. In order for them to Earn their DOLPHINS. They must be able to operate, and repair everything on the Boat to qualify as a Submariner.
We complained about sleeping in Close quarters all the time, on our ships. But few could handle sleeping next to a torpedo, or other noisy space for three, or six months without going Bonkers.
I've watched a ton of videos on youtube about subs. IDK, I kinda like cubby hole type enclosures so, I think I'd have been well suited for sub duty. I know they spend most of their time submerged, but that's the appeal to me. Wandering the worlds oceans in secret, mostly undetected, what a trip, and go to the north pole and surface up through the ice and get a chance to see that, wow... not to mention that if a nuclear war ever broke out, you'd survive the attack. Might not be anything to surface to live on afterwards but, you'd witness the destruction. I like the technology of a sub too. I'd have at least given it a shot. I imagine they probably put vitamin D in their food... :thumb:

This is awesome...

https://image.ibb.co/fMsrvf/INS-Arihant-1024x683.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/kCckML/US-Navy-100603-N-0000-X-053-Midshipmen-learn-to-pilot-the-submarine-by-training-in-the-duties-of-the-helm-and-planesman-while-underway-aboard-the-Ohio-class-ballistic-missile-submarine-USS-West-Virginia-SSBN-736.jpg

Bilgerat
10-20-2018, 10:34 PM

A fellow from my home town (a couple of years younger than me) joined the Navy and went into subs. He started out on the fast attacks and ended after 25 years on the boomers.

I visited him once, the crew seemed to like slamming the hatch behind us. I guess they thought I might get a bit claustrophobic, but my pal just laughed and told them I was an old hole snipe. :laugh::laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
10-20-2018, 10:56 PM
A fellow from my home town (a couple of years younger than me) joined the Navy and went into subs. He started out on the fast attacks and ended after 25 years on the boomers.

I visited him once, the crew seemed to like slamming the hatch behind us. I guess they thought I might get a bit claustrophobic, but my pal just laughed and told them I was an old hole snipe. :laugh::laugh:
Alright bro... explain the "fast attacks" and "boomers," and you were on a sub?

Bilgerat
10-20-2018, 11:06 PM
Alright bro... explain the "fast attacks" and "boomers," and you were on a sub?

I'm a Coastie, the ONLY time I was on a sub was to visit. Once helping out the morale Officer back in 1972 swap some movies and another time to visit my friend.

As I understand things, fast attacks are hunter/killers and boomers are the missile launching platforms.

At least, that was the way it was explained to me (he did say it real slow, so he might have been poking fun at me) :laugh2:

High_Plains_Drifter
10-20-2018, 11:44 PM
I'm a Coastie, the ONLY time I was on a sub was to visit. Once helping out the morale Officer back in 1972 swap some movies and another time to visit my friend.

As I understand things, fast attacks are hunter/killers and boomers are the missile launching platforms.

At least, that was the way it was explained to me (he did say it real slow, so he might have been poking fun at me) :laugh2:
Must have been an awesome experience, pard. I've never been on a sub, but I know had I not been a zoomie, Navy submariner would have been my other choice.

Bilgerat
10-21-2018, 09:06 AM
Must have been an awesome experience, pard. I've never been on a sub, but I know had I not been a zoomie, Navy submariner would have been my other choice.

Talk about circumstances. This showed up in my Facebook status, so I guess the Coast Guard "did" have a sub (lol)

Original Fred’s Place Memories... USCGC TAMAROA (WMEC-166) Sinking in Drydock Memories... ”The Tamaroa was jokingly known as the only US Coast Guard Submarine... Of course recollections differ... Here are a few...”
John W. Camp remembers... “I had just got transferred to the 3rd CGD, US Customs House, NYC when she went into drydock, at Bayonne, NJ. If I remember right, and one of the hands [a BM striker] came off liberty and opened the wrong valve [main] and SUNK the DRY DOCK. You might guess, there were big holes cut in the side of the Tam where the motors had been removed and water filled most of the ship... The BM striker got a 'captains mast' over it, with restriction to ship and busted back to seaman.”
Edward J. Nerges remembers... “The actual date of the sinking was March 14, 1963. At approximately 0030, 14 March the port side of Section 3 of Floating Drydock #3 at the Ira. S. Bushey Shipyard, 764 Court Street, Brooklyn, New York, in which the Tamaroa had been since the morning of 8 March 1963, began to sink and list to port due to flooding from a source undetermined as of this date ( 27 March 1963).
At approximately 0040 hours, 43 members of the ship's company onboard at the time safely evacuated the vessel without serious injury.
The Commanding Officer was the last person to leave the vessel and mustered on the pier with his crew at approximately 0047.
The crewman responsible for the incident was 22 year old third class boatswain's mate from Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
The estimated cost of $850,000 for restoration of the Tamaroa was given to Headquarters on August 13, 1963. The crew of the Tamaroa did most of the work restoring her.”
Paul Milligan was stationed on board the Tam and remembers the incident as well: “I was assigned to the Tamaroa when she entered Bushey Shipyard. I had orders to flight training and was relieved of all duties except officer of the day since I was due to depart within a few days of the incident.
I remember the morning after the incident very well. I was home in my apartment on Staten Island the previous night. For some reason My alarm clock did not work that morning, and I overslept about half and hour. I was rushing madly to get dressed when I heard something on a news broadcast about a ship sinking, but paid no closer attention. Shortly after that I received a phone call from one of the other officers on board the Tamaroa who informed me not to hurry to work that morning because the ship sank in the dry-dock! When I got to flight training I spent the next 18 months explaining to the Navy Corpsmen and Yeoman why I had a service jacket that had obviously been immersed in water.
I believe John Camp's story has one minor inaccuracy in it. I remember reading the article in the Navy Times about how the Coast Guard found out who and how the ship sank. The article said the person responsible was court-martialed and was reduced to E-1 and sentenced to 18 months in Leavenworth Prison, because the court could not prove he did it intentionally. Also, the man involved had recently been promoted to BM3 prior to the incident. He worked for me prior to my being relieved to go to flight training. I also remember John Camp, although I can't remember whether he was a SNYN or if he had gotten his crow.”
Phil Porteus who was on the deck force in the late 80's writes: “I served aboard the Tam in 87-89. I also worked at the Governors Island Fire Department afterward. There I heard stories from two different sources about the Tam sinking. This apparently was a different sinking than is mentioned on your website. It was circa 1980 and the Tam was at it's dock at Governors Island.
Apparently two non rates that were disgruntled opened some strategic valves either in the engine room, shaft alley or aft steering. The after part of the Tam flooded and she went to the bottom in her berth. No one was hurt. The incident was reported to GI Security by the Quarterdeck of the Morgantheau which was berthed nearby. GI Security responded and found the OOD and JOOD locked in their staterooms. The Governors Island fire department responded with their pumper which was used to dewater the flooded sections of the ship. The two offenders were caught and court martialed.”

Abbey Marie
10-21-2018, 09:44 AM

I toured a sub docked on the Delaware river in Philly. Maybe there are others like that nearer to you?

Gunny
10-21-2018, 10:49 AM
I toured a sub docked on the Delaware river in Philly. Maybe there are others like that nearer to you?I toured one at NB Key West back in the 60s. That was close enough for me. Hat's off to anyone that can handle that duty. Not me. I don't even like these new "stealth" profile ships because there's no catwalk. I can't imagine 6 months at a pop with no catwalk.

aboutime
10-21-2018, 03:33 PM
I toured a sub docked on the Delaware river in Philly. Maybe there are others like that nearer to you?

Abbey. I've been there, down on the old Delaware Ave, waterfront. Admiral Dewey's Olympia too. And the Sailing ship used in the movie GODFATHER is now a restaurant.

But, that sub is the old class, diesel used during WWII. Our Subs today are larger, and much more room...yet still tighter than a pair of shoes on a huge pair of feet...So to speak!:laugh::laugh:

Abbey Marie
10-21-2018, 07:52 PM
Abbey. I've been there, down on the old Delaware Ave, waterfront. Admiral Dewey's Olympia too. And the Sailing ship used in the movie GODFATHER is now a restaurant.

But, that sub is the old class, diesel used during WWII. Our Subs today are larger, and much more room...yet still tighter than a pair of shoes on a huge pair of feet...So to speak!:laugh::laugh:

Yes, AT, exactly. I toured the Olympia, too. Very cool. So much beautiful woodwork on the Olympia.

I also once toured a visiting British Navy ship docked there. I was in my late 20’s, and they were searching folks on deck before they could do the tour. For firearms, I assume. Anyway, this cute Brit sailor who was about to look through me and my things turned to his buddies and said, “We’ll search this young lady below”. Wink, wink.
I’m sure he used the line many times, but I still loved it.
;)

(I guess I’m a #metoo failure, lol).

aboutime
10-21-2018, 08:17 PM
Yes, AT, exactly. I toured the Olympia, too. Very cool. So much beautiful woodwork on the Olympia.

I also once toured a visiting British Navy ship docked there. I was in my late 20’s, and they were searching folks on deck before they could do the tour. For firearms, I assume. Anyway, this cute Brit sailor who was about to look through me and my things turned to his buddies and said, “We’ll search this young lady below”. Wink, wink.
I’m sure he used the line many times, but I still loved it.
;)

(I guess I’m a #metoo failure, lol).

After spend most of my life with other sailors, from other nations as well. :laugh:
Unless they are today's millennials who have been indoctrinated into the LGBTQ world of Political Correctness...Sailors usually have TWO things in mind...all the time. One of them is BEER, and, as you are well aware....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: They LOVE BOATS?????:laugh::laugh:

Before I met my future wife in 1967. When her cousin introduced us that year. I had to visit her in a local Plymouth Meeting Mall, where she worked at the "Mary Ann" clothing store for teenagers. Imagine the reaction when I showed up in my White Uniform, in July?
I can only compare that day as a sailor to walking into Victoria's Secret...as the only male.

52 years later. I guess I chased her, until she caught me!:laugh:

Abbey Marie
10-21-2018, 09:47 PM
After spend most of my life with other sailors, from other nations as well. :laugh:
Unless they are today's millennials who have been indoctrinated into the LGBTQ world of Political Correctness...Sailors usually have TWO things in mind...all the time. One of them is BEER, and, as you are well aware....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: They LOVE BOATS?????:laugh::laugh:

Before I met my future wife in 1967. When her cousin introduced us that year. I had to visit her in a local Plymouth Meeting Mall, where she worked at the "Mary Ann" clothing store for teenagers. Imagine the reaction when I showed up in my White Uniform, in July?
I can only compare that day as a sailor to walking into Victoria's Secret...as the only male.

52 years later. I guess I chased her, until she caught me!:laugh:

Haha! ! I say that last line to RUSS, too.