PDA

View Full Version : It’s come to this

Abbey Marie
10-07-2018, 10:16 AM
A group of 2500 lawyers have decided that while Justice Kavanaugh did not sexually assault anyone, he is unfit to serve on the USSC because of the ‘tone’ he had during his testimony. In essence, because he got upset and combative.

So, he is unfit because he vigorously and emotionally defended himself against unfounded scurrilous charges that he attacked women and gang-raped them.

Let that sink in for a minute.

CSM
10-07-2018, 10:19 AM
A group of 2500 lawyers have decided that while Justice Kavanaugh did not sexually assault anyone, he is unfit to serve on the USSC because of the ‘tone’ he had during his testimony. In essence, because he got upset and combative.

So, he is unfit because he vigorously and emotionally defended himself against unfounded scurrilous charges that he attacked women and gang-raped them.

That says a lot about lawyers. No wonder our justice system is so flawed!

Elessar
10-07-2018, 10:25 AM

What?

It takes restraint to hold back on the crap he went through.

But every human has a breaking point.

I propose that he was finally fed up with it, turned the tables, and got
justifiably irate, although in a tempered manner.

That sinks in for me.

Gunny
10-07-2018, 10:52 AM
Think this is rough? Cakewalk compared to if Republicans maintain the Senate and Bader-Ginsburg croaks.

I would have had at Harris, Booker, Feinstein and Durbin, at a minimum. I think Kavanaugh showed great restraint in comparison to the idea of me just flipping a switch and going drill instructor on their lame asses. ESPECIALLY if I had coffee :hyper:

NightTrain
10-07-2018, 11:00 AM
Kavanaugh responded as an innocent man being accused of horrific charges should have responded. If you're being accused of bullshit, call that bullshit out.

What did his accusers expect him to do, smile and wave? Pffft.

And now I'm looking forward to RBG's seat. We're going to see all the stops pulled out for that little rodeo.

I have a feeling it'll be Amy Coney Barrett. They won't be able to push the rape or misogyny narrative, so it'll be racism and abortion center stage.

Gunny
10-07-2018, 11:18 AM
Kavanaugh responded as an innocent man being accused of horrific charges should have responded. If you're being accused of bullshit, call that bullshit out.

What did his accusers expect him to do, smile and wave? Pffft.

And now I'm looking forward to RBG's seat. We're going to see all the stops pulled out for that little rodeo.

I have a feeling it'll be Amy Coney Barrett. They won't be able to push the rape or misogyny narrative, so it'll be racism and abortion center stage.

Evern wonder why psychologists/psychiatrists are so rich? Because you NEVER get "well". :) The left's desperate grabs at "why not's" is funny to me. "He got mad". Really? So Brett Kavanaugh is human and displayed emotion during personal attacks.

So what do you call the 3-years olds, emotional whining and crying and "it wasn't me it was you" wailing from the left? Perfect, unemotional behavior? My 15 months old grandson cries for shit. I expect it of HIM.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-07-2018, 11:39 AM
This isn't surprising... I doubt it would be very hard to dig up 2,500 radical leftist shit stain mongrel democrat lawyers.

My advice to them is go pound sand and STFU, we don't give a flyin' crap what they think.

OAK
10-07-2018, 12:39 PM
My guess is that this will be the last male nominated to the Supreme Court by a Republican President.

:dunno:

Abbey Marie
10-07-2018, 12:53 PM

Lawyers do tend to be liberal, and law school very much so. My Constitutional Law professor was the head of the ACLU in Philly. You get the picture.

NightTrain
10-07-2018, 01:30 PM
My guess is that this will be the last male nominated to the Supreme Court by a Republican President.

:dunno:

I've thought about that quite a bit. Sex of the candidate is going to be a major factor going forward, and of course the safer bet to avoid your nominee being accused of bogus rape / sexual assault / groping / misconduct charges is to pick a woman.

I'd rather our SCOTUS picks were based purely on the basis of their character, talent and ability rather than race, sex or religion.... but look at where we are now. And we're here in this position from liberals, who scream from the mountaintops that they are for all those things. Oh yes, the irony is rich indeed.

aboutime
10-07-2018, 03:18 PM
"DEEPLY, as in SIX FEET DEEP!"

Reminders: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/b5/67/6db567417c9d2548e3383568f0ca889a.jpg
https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/avenatti.jpg?w=640
http://www.capoliticalreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/attorney-general-eric-holder.jpg
https://federalcharges.scdn5.secure.raxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2017/10/8f4b96ae25530668b5e43cb30b915c4e-we-the-people-real-people-340x280.jpg
https://cbsnews3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2017/05/18/72016831-0ac7-4365-a7db-d34bdea3bb9f/thumbnail/1200x630/ba437a28e258f61ee7a001d345a85cc9/gettyimages-170852579.jpg
https://gdb.rferl.org/0B1CEA4B-D304-4EB8-92DD-DEB974C87004_w1023_r1_s.jpg
https://www.sott.net/image/s22/450032/full/Soros_Shiff_862x453.jpg

Gunny
10-07-2018, 05:30 PM
I've thought about that quite a bit. Sex of the candidate is going to be a major factor going forward, and of course the safer bet to avoid your nominee being accused of bogus rape / sexual assault / groping / misconduct charges is to pick a woman.

I'd rather our SCOTUS picks were based purely on the basis of their character, talent and ability rather than race, sex or religion.... but look at where we are now. And we're here in this position from liberals, who scream from the mountaintops that they are for all those things. Oh yes, the irony is rich indeed.I agree with what you say. I think though in the end, the gender of a Republican candidate would be a minor speed bump.

Remember how they treated Palin? I thought the woman was a ditz, myself, but totally not deserving of the trashing she took from the leftards. Her whole family was put on display and under microscope. Can you imagine if the right had gone after those two Satanspawn of Obama's the way they went after Palin's kids? He'd probably be on his third term :rolleyes: And what was the story THEN? HSE (Palin) was a politician and "fair game" according to the left. SHE shouldn't have run if she didn't want her life exposed. Blah, blah, f-ing blah.

You know what ANY of this bullshit amounts to anyway? Luck. The ones that had the misfortune of being caught being stupid and the ones that got away with being stupid. Because teenagers are by and large pretty damned stupid.

LongTermGuy
10-07-2018, 07:43 PM

​They had a segment On Fox earlier "2500 Lawyers"....(Not all Lawyers) But many younger ones that were "Breed" in Particular "schools / Colleges) ...and the Liberal media was glad to give their views...

Were dealing with "Indoctrination" by the left which has been happening for awhile now...

NightTrain
10-07-2018, 08:49 PM
I agree with what you say. I think though in the end, the gender of a Republican candidate would be a minor speed bump.

Remember how they treated Palin? I thought the woman was a ditz, myself, but totally not deserving of the trashing she took from the leftards. Her whole family was put on display and under microscope. Can you imagine if the right had gone after those two Satanspawn of Obama's the way they went after Palin's kids? He'd probably be on his third term :rolleyes: And what was the story THEN? HSE (Palin) was a politician and "fair game" according to the left. SHE shouldn't have run if she didn't want her life exposed. Blah, blah, f-ing blah.

You know what ANY of this bullshit amounts to anyway? Luck. The ones that had the misfortune of being caught being stupid and the ones that got away with being stupid. Because teenagers are by and large pretty damned stupid.

Well, Palin was the first one that they really went after, hammer and tongs, I mean on a national level and very well organized & funded. Complete fabrications, attempted setups, fabricating wild stories about her kids. There were reporters trying to interview my daughter and her friends outside their school when school let out to get dirt on the Palin kids. Bribes were offered for stories and gossip. The kids were scared and cops started monitoring the local schools to keep these scumbags away from our kids.

The US Coast Guard actually put a small Coastie boat anchored in front of the Palin house on Lake Lucille to keep reporters away and from making amphibious landings on their property. All of us with boats were asked not to use the lake for a while because the Coasties were on high alert, and of course we were happy to comply.. lots of other lakes to test out our boats with.

I distinctly remember arguing with some chick on the internet who had it on good authority that Sarah held book burnings at the library in her hometown of Wasilla when she was Mayor. I told her that I live in Wasilla, and that the town library was literally 1 mile from my home - and that what she was claiming was preposterous. The unhinged lunatic called me a liar and a GOP paid troll, and then started talking about the sex orgies that were held regularly down at City Hall in Wasilla. It didn't matter what I said, they were off and running.

I suspect there was some sort of liberal think-tank that was churning out wild lies and sending them around to their internet trolls with orders to spread the word. The sad part was that the chick I was arguing with clearly believed what she was saying. She believed that a small American town actually held book burnings and ritual orgies and a host of other bizarre charges that you'd be hard pressed to believe happen in Somalia or some other backward third world shithole. Of course it was ridiculous, but there were hundreds of trolls all over the internet saying the same things, enough to make a normal person think, "wtf?".

There was no defense like there is today. I think if Kavanaugh had had the same organized takedown launched against him back in '07 like Palin did, it would have been successful. These days there are people on the lookout for such things and are more than willing to step up to the plate and scrap with these animals in their unholy zeal to destroy anyone in the name of political victory.

McCain and the RNC wasn't prepared for what Palin got, and she was definitely the one that the libs were out to destroy. She wasn't prepared, no one was prepared for the fury that was unleashed against her and her family. There wasn't any depth that the left wouldn't have gone to.

Unfortunately, the way they ruined Palin was a success, and they definitely remember it so when strategy is considered as the moonbats are deciding how to eliminate an opponent, that arrow is always looked at in their quiver. Kavanaugh was an all-out assault, but it was defended against - all of us saw it coming and most importantly, the GOP Senate were aware and fighting it as well.

The last few days I spent all day fighting with trolls in the Anchorage paper who were spreading lies and threatening Murkowski & Sullivan (our Senators) with not voting for them - and 90% of those accounts were created that day or the day before. "Likes" racked up on these lies and bullshit, to the point that the casual reader would immediately assume that the entire State was up in arms against Kavanaugh, and nothing could have been further from the truth. I'm sure that Murkowski and Sullivan are savvy enough to recognize paid trolls pretending to be offended Alaskan voters... but one never knows. Many normal people aren't savvy to these games, and your typical voter isn't a news junkie like all of us are and many started to believe the bullshit being spouted about Kavanaugh. So I jumped into the fray and a few local good guys helped me out, and we ended up fending them off... and it was exhausting.

Murkowski ended up voting 'No' anyway, but Sullivan stuck to his guns. The ACLU flew 150 liberal Alaskan women to DC to intimidate Murkowski, and I think that was her tipping point. She is weak and stupid, and that'll be corrected in '22.

Anyway... there's my novella for today!

Gunny
10-07-2018, 09:18 PM
Well, Palin was the first one that they really went after, hammer and tongs, I mean on a national level and very well organized & funded. Complete fabrications, attempted setups, fabricating wild stories about her kids. There were reporters trying to interview my daughter and her friends outside their school when school let out to get dirt on the Palin kids. Bribes were offered for stories and gossip. The kids were scared and cops started monitoring the local schools to keep these scumbags away from our kids.

The US Coast Guard actually put a small Coastie boat anchored in front of the Palin house on Lake Lucille to keep reporters away and from making amphibious landings on their property. All of us with boats were asked not to use the lake for a while because the Coasties were on high alert, and of course we were happy to comply.. lots of other lakes to test out our boats with.

I distinctly remember arguing with some chick on the internet who had it on good authority that Sarah held book burnings at the library in her hometown of Wasilla when she was Mayor. I told her that I live in Wasilla, and that the town library was literally 1 mile from my home - and that what she was claiming was preposterous. The unhinged lunatic called me a liar and a GOP paid troll, and then started talking about the sex orgies that were held regularly down at City Hall in Wasilla. It didn't matter what I said, they were off and running.

I suspect there was some sort of liberal think-tank that was churning out wild lies and sending them around to their internet trolls with orders to spread the word. The sad part was that the chick I was arguing with clearly believed what she was saying. She believed that a small American town actually held book burnings and ritual orgies and a host of other bizarre charges that you'd be hard pressed to believe happen in Somalia or some other backward third world shithole. Of course it was ridiculous, but there were hundreds of trolls all over the internet saying the same things, enough to make a normal person think, "wtf?".

There was no defense like there is today. I think if Kavanaugh had had the same organized takedown launched against him back in '07 like Palin did, it would have been successful. These days there are people on the lookout for such things and are more than willing to step up to the plate and scrap with these animals in their unholy zeal to destroy anyone in the name of political victory.

McCain and the RNC wasn't prepared for what Palin got, and she was definitely the one that the libs were out to destroy. She wasn't prepared, no one was prepared for the fury that was unleashed against her and her family. There wasn't any depth that the left wouldn't have gone to.

Unfortunately, the way they ruined Palin was a success, and they definitely remember it so when strategy is considered as the moonbats are deciding how to eliminate an opponent, that arrow is always looked at in their quiver. Kavanaugh was an all-out assault, but it was defended against - all of us saw it coming and most importantly, the GOP Senate were aware and fighting it as well.

The last few days I spent all day fighting with trolls in the Anchorage paper who were spreading lies and threatening Murkowski & Sullivan (our Senators) with not voting for them - and 90% of those accounts were created that day or the day before. "Likes" racked up on these lies and bullshit, to the point that the casual reader would immediately assume that the entire State was up in arms against Kavanaugh, and nothing could have been further from the truth. I'm sure that Murkowski and Sullivan are savvy enough to recognize paid trolls pretending to be offended Alaskan voters... but one never knows. Many normal people aren't savvy to these games, and your typical voter isn't a news junkie like all of us are and many started to believe the bullshit being spouted about Kavanaugh. So I jumped into the fray and a few local good guys helped me out, and we ended up fending them off... and it was exhausting.

Murkowski ended up voting 'No' anyway, but Sullivan stuck to his guns. The ACLU flew 150 liberal Alaskan women to DC to intimidate Murkowski, and I think that was her tipping point. She is weak and stupid, and that'll be corrected in '22.

Anyway... there's my novella for today!Interesting story. What I remember about 07 is the left with the media behind it 110% are the ones that nominated McCain and Palin FOR the Republicans. Neither were anybody and came from nowhere via the media. Why? The Dems knew they could beat them. Any real threats like Huckabee and Romney were just "not covered".

I didn't like Palin as a choice. I felt she was unqualified and she definitely was NOT ready for the buzzsaw as you described above. I DO like Sarah Palin. I think she's cool. She wasn't too hard on the eyes, either :) She just seemed out of her league to me.

They treated Laura Bush and kids almost as bad. You'd have thought Laura Bush drove around drunk regularly and ran over people in the dark. I still remember them going after Barbara Bush and she lit their asses up. That was a feisty old woman.

Speaking of ... I saw this morning where they went after Trump's wife for wearing an outfit that smacked of "colonial rule" in Africa (it wasn't even close except it was white). her response was along the line of she would prefer to talk about why she was there and not her choice of outfits. I thought it was a nice comeback, myself.

There's just no point to all this crap in general. Even the damned Mafia had a "no families" rule back in the day. It's like nothing is beneath the left anymore.

Elessar
10-07-2018, 09:29 PM
When I was a lifeguard, 20 years worth, I regularly had girls trying to fondle me.
I slapped them away. If a top came off from a bikini, I first tossed a towel, then recovered the top.

Bouncing bars, I was groped by drunken girls - shoved them away.

All males in this shit? I think not!

NightTrain
10-07-2018, 09:31 PM
Interesting story. What I remember about 07 is the left with the media behind it 110% are the ones that nominated McCain and Palin FOR the Republicans. Neither were anybody and came from nowhere via the media. Why? The Dems knew they could beat them. Any real threats like Huckabee and Romney were just "not covered".

I didn't like Palin as a choice. I felt she was unqualified and she definitely was NOT ready for the buzzsaw as you described above. I DO like Sarah Palin. I think she's cool. She wasn't too hard on the eyes, either :) She just seemed out of her league to me.

Yeah, she definitely could have been more prepared. Huge oversight on the part of the campaign - they should have had a crash course in International Affairs for at least a week before letting her start making the circuit.

But that's old history... and I'm pretty sure she's finished in politics now.

I don't ever remember any other politician being gone after like that... sure, there were a few rumbles about kids or wife previously, but that was generally shunned by media and general polite company - that was a no-no and almost everyone adhered to that basic decency. Palin was the first one where there were no ROE. Soros kicked open the door and said, "Go get em, boys."

NightTrain
10-07-2018, 09:46 PM
When I was a lifeguard, 20 years worth, I regularly had girls trying to fondle me.
I slapped them away. If a top came off from a bikini, I first tossed a towel, then recovered the top.

All males in this shit? I think not!

lol, I've been groped countless times. I was never bothered by it.

So a chick grabbed my ass in the bar... so what?

Gunny
10-07-2018, 10:02 PM

All males in this shit? I think not!Before I joined the Marines, I was a bouncer in a biker bar in Miami in the 70s.. We looked to see who was fondling us before we even thought of saying "no" :halo9: I hear ya. It ain't just the guys.

No one likes to hear it, but times have changed and what is acceptable has too. Only "acceptable" now seems to be in what manner the female can use it to her advantage. I never had to deal with that crap. It was yes or no, simple as that. Some chick grabs your ass, so what? It was never okay to just grab theirs.

But the second it comes out 30 years later and just happens to coincide with f-ing over the accused? You got a REAL uphill battle convincing me you want either notoriety or to screw over someone. To do it for political gain to me is lamer than doing it for money.

I keep waiting for the backlash. Which, will be too bad for actual victims. They are the ones that will actually lose. At some point the people themselves are going to get sick of it and say enough. They did with McCarthy.

Gunny
10-08-2018, 08:48 AM
lol, I've been groped countless times. I was never bothered by it.

So a chick grabbed my ass in the bar... so what?Something came to mind this AM. Oxygen gets in my head when I run :laugh: "WE" are the victims. As you just supported. Women can grab a guy's ass on a whim. What's he going to do? Tell? The response would likely be "What the f*ck's wrong whichoo?"

But we have to let THEM initiate contact. If we grab first, we're sexual predators, etc, etc. Picture a guy doing this:

I'm sitting in my ragtop Jeep at a light on Dupont Circle in DC on New Year's Eve, on my way home. This hot young lady flings my door open and plants one full on the lips like she was in love, shut the door and walked back to her friends. It happened so fast I was damned glad she wasn't a raghead :laugh:

Reverse genders. If a guy did that? All Hell would break loose. There'd be no place to hide. And there is nowhere to run to on Dupont Circle in DC on a party night.

Suppose I had reported it? Marine SSgt bitching about being kissed by a hot college student. THAT'd look good :laugh: 1stSgt would have asked why I didn't hit the gas and take her along far enough to get a number.

There's a definite double standard and it's real. It's just that it's in the opposite direction that all these PC, lefty "victims" play it off as. And a agree. SOme chick grabs my ass, who cares?

Drummond
10-08-2018, 09:22 AM
On Palin ... I liked her. A lot. OK, she made mistakes, was 'unpolished' in certain ways. BUT, she had a great political instinct, and was very well intentioned, in the best of ways. Just being a force to galvanise that in others is one hell of a force for good.

Had she achieved high office (higher than her Alaska job, of course !) she'd have had her army of advisers on hand as guides. It wouldn't ultimately have been a problem. Sarah P was a 'rough diamond' .. maybe .. but a gem, nonetheless.

On Kavanaugh .. yes, this story has had prominence in the British news media, frequently being the lead item to report on, on the BBC News channel. I've just this, very obvious, point to make ... if his accuser had been genuine, had her testimony been truthful ... how come it took literally DECADES for her to speak out ??

Honestly ... it takes a certain brand of brain-deadness to want to give her credence, in the face of that very obvious objection. This was always, in my view, just another excuse at a politically-motivated character assassination attempt.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-08-2018, 10:03 AM
I didn't mind Palin either, and she is a pretty good looking lady, but her voice...geepers... like someone stepping on a cats tail... :uhoh:

But without hesitation, if my choice was vote for her or a mongrel democrat, I wouldn't have to think twice.

Abbey Marie
10-08-2018, 10:09 AM
I’m trying to picture the guy who would be so alluring, so sexy, that I couldn’t restrain myself from forcibly groping or kissing him, drunk or not, even though he was a complete stranger to me.

Frankly, I’m drawing a blank.

You guys must have been/are, incredibly hot!

:coffee:

High_Plains_Drifter
10-08-2018, 10:48 AM
I’m trying to picture the guy who would be so alluring, so sexy, that I couldn’t restrain myself from forcibly groping or kissing him, drunk or not, even though he was a complete stranger to me.

Frankly, I’m drawing a blank.

You guys must have been/are, incredibly hot!

:coffee:
No... you're just a LADY, not a bar fly... :thumb:

I was standing at a bar in Tampa around 1986, stationed at MacDill AFB, had one leg propped up on the rail of a bar stool and a girl came up behind me and reached right up under my rear end from the back and grabbed a hand full of the boys. I was probably 32 years old. That's the absolute worst that's ever happened to me, but honestly, I really didn't give a crap. I turned around and looked at her, she was smiling, I smiled back and bought her a drink... :laugh:

Abbey Marie
10-08-2018, 11:46 AM
No... you're just a LADY, not a bar fly... :thumb:

I was standing at a bar in Tampa around 1986, stationed at MacDill AFB, had one leg propped up on the rail of a bar stool and a girl came up behind me and reached right up under my rear end from the back and grabbed a hand full of the boys. I was probably 32 years old. That's the absolute worst that's ever happened to me, but honestly, I really didn't give a crap. I turned around and looked at her, she was smiling, I smiled back and bought her a drink... :laugh:

Thanks, I’ve been to plenty of bars over my lifetime, but I think I do behave in them.

I haven’t even seen this happen, but I do have one story of a sort-of aggressive female.

This happened in Manhattan when I was around 25 yrs old. I was sitting in a bar with my then-fiancé. We were clearly together, talking, laughing, etc. After a while, a woman (also in her 20s I’d guess) came up and said to him, right in front of me, “I saw you across the bar, and I just had to come over and meet you”.
I was astonished that someone could be so brazen.
She didn’t touch him, though. I probably would have had something to say if she’d dared.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-08-2018, 11:49 AM
Thanks, I’ve been to plenty of bars over my lifetime, but I think I do behave in them.

I haven’t even seen this happen, but I do have one story of a sort-of aggressive female.

This happened in Manhattan when I was around 25 yrs old. I was sitting in a bar with my then-fiancé. We were clearly together, talking, laughing, etc. After a while, a woman (also in her 20s I’d guess) came up and said to him, right in front of me, “I saw you across the bar, and I just had to come over and meet you”.
She didn’t touch him, though. I probably would have had something to say if she’d dared.
Now that takes a whole lot of IGNORANCE to do something like that... she must have been a democrat... ;)

NightTrain
10-08-2018, 12:31 PM

LOL! I can just imagine the hackles and eye-daggers as that went down.

Something similar happened to me and my then-girlfriend-first-wife when we were at a party. A very hot redhead that I'd known for a long time (sister of a friend) got a pretty good buzz going, like all of us at that party, and approached me as I was making another drink in the kitchen.

I hadn't noticed her approaching, as all my attention was given to making the perfect drink, and she proceeded to tell me how attracted she was to me and how she wanted to give me the time of my life all night long. I stood there, stupidly, trying to digest this sudden development with a half-built drink in my hand, and suddenly my then-girlfriend appeared at my elbow with absolute fury in her eyes. Yep, every hackle was up and quivering on her. She unloaded brimstone and fire on the redhead on the spot, and for the rest of the party was attached to me like glue. The redhead ignored her, waited for a few moments looking at me with an arched eyebrow, shrugged and swayed out of the kitchen.

It was a pretty brazen attempt at man-stealing. It was pretty funny then, and it's still funny now.

Usually when a man tries some brazen crap like that, it quickly escalates into fisticuffs. We're a lot more physical with our responses to a threat like that.

In retrospect, I suppose that I made the wrong choice all those years ago and should have taken that hottie up on it... it would have saved me a real nasty divorce! :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
10-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Btw, the aggressive woman in my story appeared completely sober.
Beyotch.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-08-2018, 01:12 PM
LOL! I can just imagine the hackles and eye-daggers as that went down.

Something similar happened to me and my then-girlfriend-first-wife when we were at a party. A very hot redhead that I'd known for a long time (sister of a friend) got a pretty good buzz going, like all of us at that party, and approached me as I was making another drink in the kitchen.

I hadn't noticed her approaching, as all my attention was given to making the perfect drink, and she proceeded to tell me how attracted she was to me and how she wanted to give me the time of my life all night long. I stood there, stupidly, trying to digest this sudden development with a half-built drink in my hand, and suddenly my then-girlfriend appeared at my elbow with absolute fury in her eyes. Yep, every hackle was up and quivering on her. She unloaded brimstone and fire on the redhead on the spot, and for the rest of the party was attached to me like glue. The redhead ignored her, waited for a few moments looking at me with an arched eyebrow, shrugged and swayed out of the kitchen.

It was a pretty brazen attempt at man-stealing. It was pretty funny then, and it's still funny now.

Usually when a man tries some brazen crap like that, it quickly escalates into fisticuffs. We're a lot more physical with our responses to a threat like that.

In retrospect, I suppose that I made the wrong choice all those years ago and should have taken that hottie up on it... it would have saved me a real nasty divorce! :laugh2:
I got a real soft spot for redheads... I might have been scheming on how I could take her up on her offer... :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixrje2rXLMA

NightTrain
10-08-2018, 01:13 PM
Btw, the aggressive woman in my story appeared completely sober.
Beyotch.

I think it's hilarious that you're still pissed about her!

Women never forgive nor forget attempted man-rustling. :laugh:

NightTrain
10-08-2018, 01:21 PM
I got a real soft spot for redheads... I might have been scheming on how I could take her up on her offer... :rolleyes:

lol, I was a young buck back then and generally had the morals of your average alley cat... but even I didn't have the heart pull a maneuver like that.

The situation presented itself and made me feel like I was in that old movie scene where the lost dog is put in the middle of two people and forced to choose on the spot which owner it wanted to have.

Abbey Marie
10-08-2018, 01:59 PM
I think it's hilarious that you're still pissed about her!

Women never forgive nor forget attempted man-rustling. :laugh:

Damn straight.

I also think it stinks that there is virtually zero girl code. At least in my experience.
I even had my best friend try to man-rustle, as you aptly termed it.

Russ
10-08-2018, 02:25 PM
It's just like the perjury traps that Mueller like to use in his 'special investigation', where he accuses someone of a crime, interviews the accused, and then doesn't find evidence of the crime but decides to prosecute the guy for not responding the right way to the accusation.

If only people like Mueller, the Senate Dems, and these 2500 'lawyers' got treated the same way they treat other people.

NightTrain
10-08-2018, 02:26 PM
Damn straight.

I also think it stinks that there is virtually zero girl code. At least in my experience.
I even had my best friend try to man-rustle, as you aptly termed it.

Life is so much more enjoyable when you're happily married and that kind of crap doesn't happen anymore.

Sharon's been approached a few times, of course, because most men are pigs.

The funniest one happened a few years ago here in Wasilla.

Sharon and I had been garage-saling all day, it was a beautiful day out and we decided to grill a few steaks & have a Rum & Coke. I dropped her off in front of the liquor store and circled outside.

She got a fifth of Cap'n Morgan Spiced, and was standing in line. Right behind her in line appeared a kid who had just turned 21, and just as Shar was stepping up to the counter, Rico Suave made his move :

Suave : Ahem. Koff, koff. Uh, so you like, Rum, huh?

Shar, turning around : Huh?

Clerk, Sharon's age : *raises hand to forehead and shakes head - this isn't going to work. Wave off, wave off!*

Suave : I see you have Rum there.

Sharon : Yeah.

Suave : I, too, like Rum.

Clerk : Oh, my God.

Sharon : You do?

Suave : Yes. We should party!

Sharon : Emm... no thanks, little guy. My husband wouldn't like that.

Clerk : *Snort!* Sorry about that, Ma'am. *Hands Shar the Rum*

Clerk : Can I see your ID, young man?

Suave : *proudly extends shiny driver's license* It's okay! Today's my 21st birthday!

We had a good laugh about that when she got back in the truck with our booze. I can't blame the little fella for taking a swing at a hot little brunette, but the look of horror that the clerk immediately had and trying to wave him off his attempt to score was hilarious. Wish I could have seen it for myself but Sharon described it pretty well.

To this day I'll use that line on her on whatever she's holding... "So, you like coffee, huh? We should party." Somehow my use of that line is 100% more effective than his use of it.

Russ
10-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Bush and Palin both were given the "mock them no matter what they do" treatment by the media and late night talk show hosts. Neither ever warranted it. In Palin's case, she had never been involved in international politics so she had to take a crash course, but she still was just as qualified as, say, Joe Biden. Regardless, she was one of the prime examples of the left's Mockery Politics game.

Yeah, she definitely could have been more prepared. Huge oversight on the part of the campaign - they should have had a crash course in International Affairs for at least a week before letting her start making the circuit.

But that's old history... and I'm pretty sure she's finished in politics now.

I don't ever remember any other politician being gone after like that... sure, there were a few rumbles about kids or wife previously, but that was generally shunned by media and general polite company - that was a no-no and almost everyone adhered to that basic decency. Palin was the first one where there were no ROE. Soros kicked open the door and said, "Go get em, boys."

Abbey Marie
10-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Life is so much more enjoyable when you're happily married and that kind of crap doesn't happen anymore.

Sharon and I had been garage-saling all day, it was a beautiful day out and we decided to grill a few steaks & have a Rum & Coke. I dropped her off in front of the liquor store and circled outside.

She got a fifth of Cap'n Morgan Spiced, and was standing in line. Right behind her in line appeared a kid who had just turned 21, and just as Shar was stepping up to the counter, Rico Suave made his move :

Clerk, Sharon's age : *raises hand to forehead and shakes head - this isn't going to work. Wave off, wave off!*

Suave : *proudly extends shiny driver's license* It's okay! Today's my 21st birthday!

We had a good laugh about that when she got back in the truck with our booze. I can't blame the little fella for taking a swing at a hot little brunette, but the look of horror that the clerk immediately had and trying to wave him off his attempt to score was hilarious. Wish I could have seen it for myself but Sharon described it pretty well.

To this day I'll use that line on her on whatever she's holding... "So, you like coffee, huh? We should party." Somehow my use of that line is 100% more effective than his use of it.

I assume you would have reacted a little differently if you were right next to Sharon when little guy made his move?

Russ
10-08-2018, 02:37 PM
The old "I, too, like Rum" line. :salute:

I've heard it was first used approximately 5 minutes after the invention of Rum.

NightTrain
10-08-2018, 02:40 PM
I assume you would have reacted a little differently if you were right next to Sharon when little guy made his move?

You know, I'm not in the slightest bit threatened by it. I know she'll shut anyone down and it's probably going to be very funny the way she does it - she's extremely fast thinking and she's got a pretty sharp tongue when she chooses. There's not a snowball's chance in hell someone would make any headway with her.

But I suppose I would have, just because doing something like that with me standing right there is a massive sign of disrespect, so just because of that I would have hammered him.

Abbey Marie
10-08-2018, 02:45 PM
You know, I'm not in the slightest bit threatened by it. I know she'll shut anyone down and it's probably going to be very funny the way she does it - she's extremely fast thinking and she's got a pretty sharp tongue when she chooses. There's not a snowball's chance in hell someone would make any headway with her.

But I suppose I would have, just because doing something like that with me standing right there is a massive sign of disrespect, so just because of that I would have hammered him.

Yup. It’s not about being insecure about your man or woman. It’s just hugely disrespectful.

NightTrain
10-08-2018, 02:52 PM
Yup. It’s not about being insecure about your man or woman. It’s just hugely disrespectful.

For sure. I can't think of anything more insulting than a move like that, and it demands immediate retaliation.

Even though it would be immensely more interesting and hilarious to watch her handle such a move... my instincts would override, I'm sure.

NT'sGirl
10-08-2018, 06:50 PM

Small notable correction... It was Bacardi 151, the line was " Soooooooooooooooo... you like Bacardi??? I too like Bacardi..... we should party..." picture that ever so classic I am cool look on dudes face as he nods at me in self satisfaction for pulling out that perfect line. I felt so bad for the cashier who actually smacked her head on the cash drawer while trying to keep a straight face. The look of shear horror she gave me was priceless.

NT'sGirl
10-08-2018, 07:09 PM

I have a sharp tongue????

Just as a side note MY Best Friend hit me .. hard! and told me under no uncertain term was I to get involved with you, my love, because I am a barracuda who picks on men and chews them up spits them out and leaves the lump of flesh scrapped in a corner crying. She said that you were too nice for me to do that to so just leave him the hell alone!

But the best pick up was with my daughter who is still scarred by it. My brother picked my daughter and I up after a long summer at the lodge, we stopped at Quizno's ordered and I went out side to have a cigarette while we waited, my girl being left inside to finish up the fixings. The dude first asked about my brother cuz he's a pretty big dude. Then said so can I get your sisters number!!!! She freaked out on him yelling THAT"S MY MOM! stomped out still screaming how gross it is that he wanted to hit on her mom. She still gets upset when people call me her sister.

Elessar
10-08-2018, 07:32 PM
Small notable correction... It was Bacardi 151, the line was " Soooooooooooooooo... you like Bacardi??? I too like Bacardi..... we should party..." picture that ever so classic I am cool look on dudes face as he nods at me in self satisfaction for pulling out that perfect line. I felt so bad for the cashier who actually smacked her head on the cash drawer while trying to keep a straight face. The look of shear horror she gave me was priceless.

Bacardi 151? Ohhh, that stuff is lethal!

Brother and a friend were drinking shots one night while in a campsite. Brother said
'this ain't sh**' and turned the bottle upside down, chugging it. He fell backwards into
campfire before I could grab him....but I pulled him out and he still has a burn scar
from the truck ring that was used as a fireplace.!

Gunny
10-08-2018, 08:34 PM
lol, I was a young buck back then and generally had the morals of your average alley cat... but even I didn't have the heart pull a maneuver like that.

The situation presented itself and made me feel like I was in that old movie scene where the lost dog is put in the middle of two people and forced to choose on the spot which owner it wanted to have.Been there once, many moons ago. It rates right up there at the top of "Dumb Decisions by Gunny". I was always tongue-tied around girls. I liked both girls A LOT (long story) and managed to tell neither one. I also managed to go home alone :laugh:

NightTrain
10-08-2018, 08:57 PM
I also managed to go home alone
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

You know, for a crazy second there when I had both of them standing there waiting for my decision, I heard the old "Bow chicka bow wow!" 70s porn music. This was my chance for the almighty threesome! The holy grail of every 20 year old male on earth!

I just had no way to get there... these two kittens were shooting lasers at each other.

It was just a one second lapse of sanity... but still, funny.

I damn near went home by myself that night, too. :thumb:

Gunny
10-08-2018, 09:04 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

You know, for a crazy second there when I had both of them standing there waiting for my decision, I heard the old "Bow chicka bow wow!" 70s porn music. This was my chance for the almighty threesome! The holy grail of every 20 year old male on earth!

I just had no way to get there... these two kittens were shooting lasers at each other.

It was just a one second lapse of sanity... but still, funny.

I damn near went home by myself that night, too. :thumb:Oh I had them both too. TO top it off, was my 18th birthday. I told one no which made her cry which pissed off the other one that I made her cry. I was too brain frozen to tell the her why the other was crying. They were each probably the nicest girls ever interested in me.

But it's not like they are anywhere near the tip of the iceberg when it comes to screwing up with girls. I'm a pro :thumb: Always messing up with the right ones and ending up with the wrong ones. If nothing else, I'm consistent :)

Abbey Marie
10-09-2018, 06:03 PM
To sum it up:

NightTrain
10-09-2018, 06:13 PM
To sum it up:

That's how I feel about the ex wife... the poor bastard she's married to now is experiencing hell down there in SC somewhere.

And he deserves it.

aboutime
10-09-2018, 06:41 PM
To sum it up:

I've heard women on TV say they lost 180 or 170 pounds after hearing other women brag about how much weight they've lost. But then, the woman says...."That 170 or 180 pounds was my Husband...in the divorce!"

Gunny
10-09-2018, 06:43 PM
I've heard women on TV say they lost 180 or 170 pounds after hearing other women brag about how much weight they've lost. But then, the woman says...."That 170 or 180 pounds was my Husband...in the divorce!"That is corny as Hell, AT :laugh:

aboutime
10-09-2018, 08:11 PM
That is corny as Hell, AT :laugh:

But think about it. It could also be said in the OTHER direction...Right?:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Not too corny then, is it?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

But, because we are men, males, not female in today's phony feminist world of "MEN SHUT UP!" We have to be careful.:lol: