PDA

View Full Version : Official DP NFL pool rules and guidelines

jimnyc
08-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Official Entry Form: http://www.debatepolicy.com/picks.htm

I have hand coded the entire page as I couldn't find a suitable on-line program to utilize. This page will allow you to make your picks, and the results will be emailed directly to me. Once all submissions are complete and entries are closed I will post everyone's picks for the week for all to keep track.

1- "Name" submitted must be the same as you use on the board
2- Picks must be submitted by time specified on page - no exceptions (Time specified is in EST)
3- No point spread utilized - straight up picks
4- Corresponding IP addresses are recorded. Anyone found trying to "sabotage" another entrant will be banned for the rest of the season - In other words, don't try submitting picks that suck with someone else's name!
5- If for some reason the page is unavailable, or not functioning correctly, your picks must be submitted directly to admin - at - debatepolicy - dot - com

The seasons first entries are not due until Sept. 6th at 7pm. Don't feel the need to submit right away. A lot of things can change between now and kickoff!

Weekly statistics will be posted on the Tuesday after all the games.

If anyone has any questions, ask them here. If you want to see something different about the picks page, or the contest in general, post your comments in here. We'll work out the kinks before the season starts...

Any updates and/or changes made will be posted here for all participants to see.

jimnyc
08-26-2007, 03:43 PM
*reminder*

You MUST enter your name when submitting the form. Someone sent in their form at 4:25 EST today and didn't enter a name!

jimnyc
08-27-2007, 06:31 AM
Someone sent me a message asking what exactly is a "football pool" and how does it work.

It's really simple. Each week all entrants pick the teams they feel will win, without any point spreads. After the week is completed I will update everyone with the winner for that week and the full results. As weeks go on, I will also be posting the season results in addition to the weekly results. Whoever has the most wins at the end of the season wins the "pool"!

Abbey Marie
08-27-2007, 09:09 AM

I have hand coded the entire page as I couldn't find a suitable on-line program to utilize.

Thanks for doing all this work, Jim.

Abbey Marie
08-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Someone sent me a message asking what exactly is a "football pool" and how does it work.

It's really simple. Each week all entrants pick the teams they feel will win, without any point spreads. After the week is completed I will update everyone with the winner for that week and the full results. As weeks go on, I will also be posting the season results in addition to the weekly results. Whoever has the most wins at the end of the season wins the "pool"!

Ooh, please convince this person to play! :laugh2:

Pale Rider
08-29-2007, 06:19 PM

I have hand coded the entire page as I couldn't find a suitable on-line program to utilize. This page will allow you to make your picks, and the results will be emailed directly to me. Once all submissions are complete and entries are closed I will post everyone's picks for the week for all to keep track.

1- "Name" submitted must be the same as you use on the board
2- Picks must be submitted by time specified on page - no exceptions (Time specified is in EST)
3- No point spread utilized - straight up picks
4- Corresponding IP addresses are recorded. Anyone found trying to "sabotage" another entrant will be banned for the rest of the season - In other words, don't try submitting picks that suck with someone else's name!
5- If for some reason the page is unavailable, or not functioning correctly, your picks must be submitted directly to admin - at - debatepolicy - dot - com

The seasons first entries are not due until Sept. 6th at 7pm. Don't feel the need to submit right away. A lot of things can change between now and kickoff!

Weekly statistics will be posted on the Tuesday after all the games.

If anyone has any questions, ask them here. If you want to see something different about the picks page, or the contest in general, post your comments in here. We'll work out the kinks before the season starts...

Any updates and/or changes made will be posted here for all participants to see.

Hey that's freakin' cool bro! Thanks!

Yurt
08-31-2007, 08:33 PM
Ok, so I like made my picks. How do I know when somebody hits a homerun?

:gs:

actsnoblemartin
09-03-2007, 09:48 PM
your mean screen name right?

I entered!. Thanks :)

actsnoblemartin
09-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Im gonna be out of town, with no access to a computer, can i enter week 2 and 3, early?

im out of town 9/9-9/25

nevadamedic
09-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Im gonna be out of town, with no access to a computer, can i enter week 2 and 3, early?

im out of town 9/9-9/25

Maybe Jimmy will let someone enter for you...........

OCA
09-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Jimmy put up the week 2 form scumbag!:finger3:

I've got solid gold locks this week baby!

OCA
09-12-2007, 05:11 AM
Jimmy put up the week 2 form scumbag!:finger3:

I've got solid gold locks this week baby!

Jimmy! Wake the fuck up!

jimnyc
09-12-2007, 05:25 AM
Jimmy! Wake the fuck up!

Read this thread at 3:30 this morning while I still had a migraine, and put them up then just for you, ya filthy greek bastard!

I'll post an announcement later...

OCA
09-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Read this thread at 3:30 this morning while I still had a migraine, and put them up then just for you, ya filthy greek bastard!

I'll post an announcement later...

You put em up? Where? Can't find em slick.

jimnyc
09-12-2007, 03:06 PM
You put em up? Where? Can't find em slick.

Ummmm... Pssss... Read the first post in this thread, then click on the link! :laugh2:

OCA
09-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Ummmm... Pssss... Read the first post in this thread, then click on the link! :laugh2:

Why you got to be a smartass?:finger3:

Tell the truth, you were hoping I wouldn't find it and i'd go 0-16 this week and you could be a few games up on me.:laugh2:

jimnyc
09-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Why you got to be a smartass?:finger3:

Tell the truth, you were hoping I wouldn't find it and i'd go 0-16 this week and you could be a few games up on me.:laugh2:

Can't say I wouldn't have laughed my ass off if you missed out!

OCA
09-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Can't say I wouldn't have laughed my ass off if you missed out!

Shit! I would've called you every minute on the minute Saturday night, bombarded the old......admin@debatepolicy.com email.

You can't get away that easy! You are gonna take your ass kicking like man this season!:coffee:

Mr. P
09-12-2007, 03:37 PM

Says week 1..due 9/6. No?:dunno:

OCA
09-12-2007, 03:42 PM

Yeah it does P. Jimmy was too lazy to change the wording but if you click the link it gives you the schedule for week 2.

jimnyc
09-12-2007, 03:48 PM

I started a new thread for week 2 after I wrote that. If you mean you see that on the picks page, do a refresh and you'll see the new picks!

Mr. P
09-12-2007, 03:59 PM
I started a new thread for week 2 after I wrote that. If you mean you see that on the picks page, do a refresh and you'll see the new picks!

Got it thanks!