PDA

View Full Version : Board Fundraiser

jimnyc
08-26-2007, 09:49 AM
I was able to handle the last 3-4 months but am coming up short again. The server fee for the site will soon be due at the cost of $29.97

Additionally, the fee is also due to continue support for our vBulletin license. I own the license, so I can run it forever at no additional cost. But in order to download script updates and modifications, there is a $30 yearly renewal fee. I am attaching photos below of the reminder email and member section of their site in case anyone thinks I would try and pull a fast one!

One way or another the fees will be paid. Please don't think this is in anyway mandatory. The board will remain no matter what. I'm just hoping those that utilize the board and enjoy their time here will assist when and if possible.

If you have contributed before, please don't do so once again. I don't expect members to fully sponsor the board. But sometimes it becomes necessary for me to seek assistance in keeping things afloat.

Again, not mandatory, expected or 100% necessary. I'll get the funds somehow if it can't be from board membership.

If you enjoy the board and feel you would like to assist, click on the Paypal logo at the top of the board to make a donation.

Thanks!

http://www.imagehostingsite.com/images/bhytjmodldy2mfjnmllz.jpg

http://www.imagehostingsite.com/images/nmyvgemzzmzmgymhley4.jpg

Guernicaa
08-26-2007, 11:09 AM
I'd really like too and I would if I could.
The problem is that I don't have a credit card.

Are there any other ways besides using pay pal???

jimnyc
09-01-2007, 06:23 AM
I'd really like too and I would if I could.
The problem is that I don't have a credit card.

Are there any other ways besides using pay pal???

Obama, my apologies for not replying sooner, I honestly didn't even see your reply! I appreciate your desire to donate and it's appreciated. Unfortunately, Paypal was my only option for receiving any type of donations.

I have sold one of my websites that I didn't care too much for, and with this I was able to attain funds to make this months hosting payment.

The vB license has since expired, and while I'm entitled to use it forever as I own the software, I can no longer receive certain software affiliated with it, receive support, or download security updates and latest releases of vB.

I want to extend a very gracious THANK YOU to all of those who have donated to the board to this point. It's been very helpful and has always been to great use in supporting the board and making things better for everyone in the community. With that said, I will no longer be soliciting donations from members. I feel bad when I do so, and even more so when the response is so lackluster. "I" started this board and I'll take the responsibility that comes with owning a website.

Thanks again!

LiberalNation
09-01-2007, 11:06 AM
I'll donate again if I can get my name at the bottoms background in color. Just got another job so should have plenty of cash. Still have nearly all of it from my summer one left in bank.

jimnyc
09-02-2007, 04:27 PM
LN - you need not donate again to have the color changed. Shoot me a PM with what color scheme you would like and I'll see what I can do for you.