PDA

View Full Version : Winter Is Coming

NightTrain
10-22-2018, 03:48 PM
Here's your proof, taken a few minutes ago by yours truly.

Barrow, AK. Furthest north town in America.

Bilgerat
10-22-2018, 05:04 PM
Winter is NOT coming

At least, not here :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

We be still mowing the lawn

aboutime
10-22-2018, 05:25 PM
First Frost this morning for us....here in Virginia Is For Lovers, and other Strange people.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
10-23-2018, 05:34 AM
We've had a few good frosts and it's snowed twice already here in SW Wisconsin, and the second time it snowed the other day, it came down heavy with huge fat snowflakes. It was beginning to accumulate but it let up after about 15 minutes.

I'm hittin' a good auction here in town this morning, lots of guns and tools, (yes we auction off guns here in Wisconsin, without background checks), but after that, I better get my snowblower and weights and tire chains on the John Deere. Here's a link to the auction. It'll be gone after today. These auctioneers and realestate folks are my cousins. My grandmother on my mother's side was a Wilkinson... https://wilkinsonauctions.com/auctions/guns-tools-antique-logging-equipment-auction-tom-iverson-darold-rux/

I know both the guys that the auction is for. Have known them for a long time. The auction is actually right here in town, so I'll probably know half the people that show up. That is one of the things I enjoy so much about living in a small town. You know so many people. Yes, small towns usually are very close knit. It's nice to have so many people to say howdy to and have a chat, and have known them for a considerable amount of time... I like that. I know every one of my neighbors too, for 3, 4, 5 houses away in every direction, even the next block. We keep an eye on each other's property. If something out of the ordinary was going on, someone would report it. That's why crime is virtually non existent around here. Most of the crime we do have is usually alcohol related. Someone got drunk and disorderly, driving drunk, or drugs, and they're usually the young crowd.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-23-2018, 05:42 AM
Here's your proof, taken a few minutes ago by yours truly.

Barrow, AK. Furthest north town in America.

Interesting... a parking railing with electrical cords all along it so people can plug their block/engine heaters in while parked.

Be very interesting to visit there, but no way in HELL could I live there.

Elessar
10-23-2018, 10:34 AM
We are getting into our winter rainy season, which means
the grass and wild strawberries will start up again!

It rarely snows much along this part of the coast but wind
and rain can be severe and heavy. Winds can be lower hurricane
force, 75 mph. The most rain I measured 2 years ago was 4 inches
in 24 hours.

Inland mountains can get up to over 7 feet of snowpack during this season.
Crater Lake National Park averages 254 inches of snow a year.

jimnyc
10-23-2018, 11:53 AM
Woke up at 5am. Put on my pajama bottoms. They ain't exactly very thick. Went out in the yard, as the dang dog won't leave the back porch without a friend.

Yup, my little buddies down there screamed very loud and said "Rick is right, winter is coming!"