PDA

View Full Version : For our military guys

Abbey Marie
10-23-2018, 05:07 PM
https://youtu.be/mnP_z3qXDCQ

aboutime
10-23-2018, 05:33 PM
I appreciate your thoughts. Had to laugh when I heard the Sub Sailors doing the MARINE hooaaah. If that was just the trailer....I can just imagine how civilians will continue to live in a pretend, dreamy world of fictional entertainment.

Thanks anyhow. Sorry to sound negative. If you want to see a movie about Sub Life. My favorite two are "Hunt for Red October", and Crimson Tide. Densel Washington,and Sean Conery.
They are much more realistic for me.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-23-2018, 05:36 PM
I just commented a few days ago about how I liked subs. This looks good. Might be the first new movie I buy in months and months.

Elessar
10-23-2018, 05:54 PM
I appreciate your thoughts. Had to laugh when I heard the Sub Sailors doing the MARINE hooaaah. If that was just the trailer....I can just imagine how civilians will continue to live in a pretend, dreamy world of fictional entertainment.

Thanks anyhow. Sorry to sound negative. If you want to see a movie about Sub Life. My favorite two are "Hunt for Red October", and Crimson Tide. Densel Washington,and Sean Conery.
They are much more realistic for me.

That one was good. They had the mock-up sub on our pier in ISC San Pedro CA (LA Harbor).
One of the production crew came into the Master-at-Arms complaining about seagulls crapping on the sub.
I told him to keep a watch there and chase them away with a broom, but scrub the damn thing down
instead of complain. He said they could not afford security and it was OUR problem. XO and I said NO, we
had shore side security, not on the vessel.

I told him to go to a hardware store and get a fake owl or two. He did and the seagulls vanished,
not liking owls one bit!

One morning I found one of the owls tilted over, and did a CG-9710, booking the owl for
sleeping on watch. The XO howled in laughter on that. All in good fun!:laugh:

Abbey Marie
10-23-2018, 08:53 PM
I just commented a few days ago about how I liked subs. This looks good. Might be the first new movie I buy in months and months.

Yeah, I think we will go see it.