PDA

View Full Version : Megyn Kelly Makes Tearful On-Air Apology for Blackface Comments

jimnyc
10-24-2018, 11:59 AM
Now I truly have no love for Megyn, but I'm just tired of all the PC crap still, and forced apologies like this over bullshit. She was correct to begin with.

When I was a kid we had millions of costumes, between what I wore, brothers and sisters, and then all my friends and everyone else you see around town while out having some fun. No one was out there trying to be a racist or start trouble or have fights - it was simply about dressing up, having fun and getting loads of candy!

And my Dad was the coach of our football teams growing up, for both me and my brothers. So we had TONS of equipment, and same went for baseball too! Anyway, I think I dressed up as a football player more than once. And, folks may have tossed on an O.J. Simpson jersey with a little make up. Big effing deal. And if you say it, like I just did, and defend it - then one needs to apologize for it? BS.

---

Megyn Kelly Makes Tearful On-Air Apology for Blackface Comments

An emotional Megyn Kelly began her program Wednesday morning by reading a prepared apology for her comments the previous day defending blackface Halloween costumes.

“I’m Megyn Kelly. And I want to begin with two words — I’m sorry,” the Megyn Kelly Today host said as she
fought back tears. “You may have heard that yesterday we had a discussion here about political correctness and Halloween costumes, and that conversation turned to whether it is ever okay for a person of one race to dress up as another — a black person making their face lighter or a white person making theirs darker… I defended the idea.”

She added: “I was wrong and I am sorry. One of the great parts of sitting in this chair each day is getting to discuss different points of view. Sometimes I talk and sometimes I listen, and yesterday I learned. I learned given the history of blackface being used in awful ways by racists in this country, it is not OK for that to be part of any costume, Halloween or otherwise.”

Kelly then repeated the statement she made a day earlier in an apology email sent to her NBC colleagues.

“I have never been a PC kind of person, but I do understand the value in being sensitive to our history, particularly on race and ethnicity,” she said Wednesday morning. “This past year has been so painful for many people of color. The country feels so divided. And I have no wish to add to that pain and offense.”

https://i.imgur.com/t27mzkU.png

Her comments came after she sparked criticism for defending Halloween costumes using blackface.

“But what is racist?” the journalist asked her guest panelists during Tuesday’s broadcast. “You truly do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface at Halloween or a black person who puts on whiteface for Halloween.”

“Back when I was a kid, that was OK, as long as you were dressing up as like a character,” she added.

Critics noted the lack of diversity on her show during the black face discussion, when Kelly was joined by guest panelists Jenna Bush Hager, NBC correspondent Jacob Soboroff and television personality Melissa Rivers.

A day later, the dynamic of the show changed as Kelly sat down for a discussion on race with African-American panelists Roland Martin and Amy Holmes, co-host of PBS’ In Principle.

Earlier in the day, Kelly’s NBC colleague, Al Roker, also addressed the controversy.

“The fact is, while she apologized to the staff, she owes a bigger apology to folks of color around the country because this is our history, going back to the 1830s,” Roker stated during a segment on the Today show.

On Tuesday evening, NBC Nightly News also ran a story on the controversy.

https://urbanhollywood411.com/2018/10/24/emotional-megyn-kelly-apologizes-again-for-blackface-comments/

Elessar
10-24-2018, 12:20 PM
I have mixed feelings about this.

It is OK and PC for a black person to use make-up to depict a
white person, as part of a costume.

Yet it is wrong for a white person to use make-up to depict
a black person?

Something is wrong with this picture, seriously wrong.

jimnyc
10-24-2018, 12:28 PM

a black person?

Personally, I couldn't care less which group uses which make-up for whatever reason, but especially so if using the make-up for a halloween costume. It's ALWAYS special words and make-up or whatever that blacks can say or have, but whites will be condemned should they do the same.

Look, I'm not saying for anyone to be purposely racist or degrading... but like I said, like a football player, or maybe any other current player. Or maybe someone dressing as Obama?

And it's bad enough if someone condemns - but then force such folks to apologize? It's not the first time. :(

Abbey Marie
10-24-2018, 02:14 PM
It’s exhausting keeping up with all the things that people find offensive.

aboutime
10-24-2018, 02:18 PM
Anybody who claims they are insulted, offended, or causing racist incidents should....

View the listings of the Satellite, and Cable company TV show names.

There are more references in TITLES of shows to BLACKS, and strangely. If one of them pointed out WHITE...they would be shut down instantly.

This country has enough problems, and people keep making more because their Feelings get hurt?
Wonder how they would feel if they had to speak JAPANESE, RUSSIAN, or GERMAN, if Harry Truman didn't know about the MANHATTAN PROJECT???

We have become a nation of whiners, crybabies, snowflakes, wussies, cowards, and idiots.

Just wait till after NOVEMBER 6th. We haven't seen anything yet!

Elessar
10-24-2018, 05:49 PM
It’s exhausting keeping up with all the things that people find offensive.

Never more accurate words have been spoken. It is also slightly
maddening, and disappointing it has come to this.

Gunny
10-25-2018, 12:38 PM
She was right the first time. SHes' stuck because she burned her bridges with the right. She does what the psycho leftwingnut media says or looks for a job overseas.

jimnyc
10-25-2018, 12:42 PM
And now news reports are stating that she has been shitcanned at her position - they're just working out what they need to give her in her $70 million contract. That's what happens when you have an opinion that differs!

jimnyc
10-25-2018, 01:01 PM
NBC Takes Megyn Kelly Off Air, Reportedly Ready to Cancel Show

NBC took Megyn Kelly off the air on Thursday, the day after she apologized for her blackface remarks, as the network is reportedly on the verge of canceling her morning show.

Megyn Kelly Today viewers on Thursday morning were shown a “previously recorded” episode in which Kelly greeted the 9 a.m. audience in the opening moments by saying, “Happy Friday.”

CNN reported on Thursday morning that “Kelly’s show will be ending” and she is “unlikely” to return because “negotiations about the end date and other details are still underway.” Variety reported that Kelly and NBC had been discussing other roles for her at the network.

Kelly’s blackface comments earlier in the week that even her co-workers publicly declared were “ignorant” and “indefensible” seem to have been the last straw.

On her Tuesday show, Kelly wondered “what is racist” about putting on blackface for Halloween.

“But what is racist?” Kelly asked. “Because you do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface on Halloween, or a black person who puts on whiteface for Halloween. Back when I was a kid that was OK, as long as you were dressing up as, like, a character.”

Kelly also wondered why some people were upset that Luann de Lesseps of The Real Housewives of New York “made her skin darker than it really is” to dress up as Diana Ross.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2018/10/25/nbc-takes-megyn-kelly-off-air-reportedly-ready-to-cancel-show/

High_Plains_Drifter
10-25-2018, 01:28 PM

a black person?

That is correct. It's the double standard. Blacks can say nigger over and over in a song even though they say they don't like the word, and they call each other nigger but don't you try it. It's called a double standard... a HUGE double standard.

She was right the first time. SHes' stuck because she burned her bridges with the right. She does what the psycho leftwingnut media says or looks for a job overseas.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

And now news reports are stating that she has been shitcanned at her position - they're just working out what they need to give her in her $70 million contract. That's what happens when you have an opinion that differs!
Her show was in the toilet anyway. I think they're just jumping on the best reason that's come along to can her ass.

Abbey Marie
10-25-2018, 03:07 PM
She’s a woman without a country now, so to speak.