PDA

View Full Version : Apparent ‘Live Explosive Device’ Targets CNN At Time Warner Center;

jimnyc
10-24-2018, 02:04 PM
Still not sure what to make of all this craziness today.

---

‘Clearly An Act Of Terror’: Apparent ‘Live Explosive Device’ Targets CNN At Time Warner Center; Others Target Clintons, Obamas, More

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Mayor Bill de Blasio said a potentially live explosive device targeting CNN’s offices at the Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle was “clearly an act of terror.”

The building was evacuated Wednesday morning after the device was found in the mail room.

Other suspicious packages with possible explosive devices were found near the Clinton family home in Westchester County and near the Obama home in Washington, D.C., and Rep. Debbie Wasserman Shultz, authorities said.

The return address on the suspicious package containing the device sent to CNN was listed as belonging to Schultz, who currently serves in the House as U.S. representative for Florida’s 23rd congressional district and is the former chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee.

Rep. Maxine Waters, a Democrat from California, was also targeted with a similar package, CBS News reported.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo said his office had also received a suspicious device and “is being handled.” The NYPD was looking into the device received at Cuomo’s office but it does not appear to be related to the others, CBS News reported.

Rest - https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/10/24/clintons-suspicious-package/

Capitol Police Investigating Suspicious Package Addressed to Maxine Waters

U.S. Capitol Police are investigating at least one suspicious package intercepted Wednesday at a Maryland mail sorting facility. A bomb squad is on scene inspecting the possible device, according to ABC News.

Three sources told ABC’s Tara Palmeri that the package was addressed to Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA). The California lawmaker’s office has not issued a statement regarding the matter at this time.

The report comes after the Secret Service said Wednesday that agency personnel intercepted possible explosive decides sent to the homes of former presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton. In addition, CNN evacuated its New York City headquarters after receiving a suspicious package addressed to former CIA director and MSNBC contributor John Brennan. On Monday, law enforcement officials confirmed an explosive device was delivered to the Westchester County compound of progressive billionaire George Soros.

Multiple news outlets report a south Florida office of Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) is listed as the return address on the packages.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/10/24/capitol-police-probing-suspicious-package-intercepted-at-md-facility/

Russ
10-24-2018, 05:06 PM
It may not matter a lot, but I'm not sure why some people are calling this "clearly an act of terror". Terrorism refers to acts of violence intended to create a widespread atmosphere of terror, confusion, and chaos. These bombs, if they are even real bombs, were targeted at political individuals, so they wouldn't really make the average person fear for his life. These bomb packages are more like an 'assassination' attempt, if they are real bombs. Or just a political stunt, if they aren't real bombs.

KarlMarx
10-24-2018, 05:42 PM
I wonder.... is this just a set up?

This close to the election. I am wondering if they did this in order to counter the “mob” image that now have...

And look, it’s a who’s who of the Left. Soros, the Clintons, Maxine Waters

I would not put it past them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elessar
10-24-2018, 06:03 PM

This close to the election. I am wondering if they did this in order to counter the “mob” image that now have...

I see your point and it is one well made.

Personally, I am not into the 'Conspiracy Theory' crap, but this just seems a bit
odd and too convenient on the edge of the mid-terms.

I dislike all the above mentioned people, but would never go so
far as to project a threat to any. Let them boil in their own hateful juices.

If someone is found to blame, hammer them hard, as hard as the law allows.

Agree with an above statement by Russ. It is not terrorism, it is a personal threat only,
or so it might seem.

Russ
10-24-2018, 06:47 PM
Agreed, it is not impossible that this was a set up. This doesn't really appear like they actually wanted to kill the targets - after all, the package to Hillary was sent when she was clearly out of state.

I'm not saying that Dems sent the "bombs", I'm just saying that if they didn't send them, it's not because they wouldn't stoop to doing it.

Elessar
10-24-2018, 09:14 PM
I saw this coming. If the FACTS are in it, so be:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/10/24/prominent-conservatives-conspiracy-theory-democrats-sent-explosive-devices-to-clinton-obama-soros/23570838/