PDA

View Full Version : No More FROSTY The SNOWMAN For Me...

High_Plains_Drifter
10-24-2018, 06:26 PM
Never seemed to matter that if it was still or there was a breeze, when I went out to snowblow the driveway, by the time I was done I'd be covered with snow from head to foot from the snow mist that would drift back at me, and most of the tractor too, couldn't even see the dash. I'd be wet and cold, glasses so covered I couldn't see, it was a total pain in the posterior... I'd look like FROSTY THE SNOWMAN. When you have a huge L shaped driveway and you're snow blowing up and back, at some point you're going to be getting a FACE FULL of blow back. Well NOT ANY MORE! The cab came for the John Deere today so I got in gear and got it installed. It's not of the highest quality but I'm not going to complain. It's certainly not cheap and it'll sure keep me high and dry this year... I'm pretty happy with it, and I'm afraid it's permanent too. Course the doors come off easy so it won't be hot for summer, and I actually won't have to worry about ticks falling on me from tree branches overhead so, going to be good for year round...

https://image.ibb.co/eYUQDA/20181024-173533.jpg

Elessar
10-24-2018, 06:37 PM
That really looks good!

Send Jim one! He pushes a snowblower!:laugh:

Abbey Marie
10-24-2018, 11:15 PM
Nice, Tom!

darin
10-25-2018, 01:52 AM
Whats it look like? :( Can't see. Sorry. :( But new things are cool. Does your tractor have a heater? That'd be cool. Er..I mean warm.

jimnyc
10-25-2018, 11:28 AM
That really looks good!

Send Jim one! He pushes a snowblower!:laugh:

Yea, believe that crap? No one should have to push!! :)

High_Plains_Drifter
10-25-2018, 11:53 AM
Yea, believe that crap? No one should have to push!! :)
Your snowblower doesn't have forward and reverse assist?

They make shields for snowblowers too. I had one on my Ariens.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-25-2018, 11:59 AM
Whats it look like? :( Can't see. Sorry. :( But new things are cool. Does your tractor have a heater? That'd be cool. Er..I mean warm.
Well, I tried to use the board's file attach but the pic just showed up as a question mark. I don't know any other way to show you, bro. Can't imagine what sort of blocker there is in place there in Germany that's filtering out .jpeg images hosted online.

OH WAIT... I think it showed UP!

Abbey Marie
10-25-2018, 03:02 PM
Well, I tried to use the board's file attach but the pic just showed up as a question mark. I don't know any other way to show you, bro. Can't imagine what sort of blocker there is in place there in Germany that's filtering out .jpeg images hosted online.

OH WAIT... I think it showed UP!
darin look up the model number, I guess. It looks like a Deere x720?
Is that enough info, Tom?

High_Plains_Drifter
10-25-2018, 03:05 PM
@darin (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=19) look up the model number, I guess. It looks like a Deere x720?
Is that enough info, Tom?
It is, a John Deere X720 Ultimate, a 2012. But he won't see the new cab. I do think he can see it now though, it does appear to have uploaded as an attachment.

darin
10-26-2018, 02:48 AM
The hosting service Tom uses doesn't pass my filters at work. :( Thanks Tom for the attached pic :D