PDA

View Full Version : Like Religion, Banning is a tool for eliminating questions.

Psychoblues
08-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Last month, last year, a thousand years ago, shutting up questions has been the prominant religious way. What is your religion? Mine doesn't call for such action.

diuretic
08-26-2007, 11:27 PM
What a great question. And I have to say it takes me straight to your Founding Fathers. Having seen the way religion was used both by secular rulers and by willing senior religious figures, they knew that they had to separate the two to ensure the development of a secular society. "Foresight" is a weak word to use in describing their awareness, "genius" is perhaps too strong, but somewhere in there is a word that describes them.

As for "banning" - can't really comment without an example.

Psychoblues
08-26-2007, 11:59 PM
I know you are an Aussie, doc, but do "Free Speech Zones" or "Rally Teams" or "Presidential Line Of Sight" ring any bells for you?

What a great question. And I have to say it takes me straight to your Founding Fathers. Having seen the way religion was used both by secular rulers and by willing senior religious figures, they knew that they had to separate the two to ensure the development of a secular society. "Foresight" is a weak word to use in describing their awareness, "genius" is perhaps too strong, but somewhere in there is a word that describes them.

As for "banning" - can't really comment without an example.

Maybe it's all relative, but I've been banned from this site many times simply because a few here don't like their breakfast handed back to them from the same platter they served it to me. That's OK with me. I always have more important things like American Veterans, American Voters, American citizens and American families with which I can share my time and other resourses.