PDA

View Full Version : Maybe it's just you cats don't get out much

Psychoblues
08-27-2007, 12:24 AM
But the races this weekend were enormous!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sprint cars, late models, street stocks and all the rest going head to head and all giving everything they have!!!!!!! It just doesn't get any better than dirt track, 1/4 mile oval stock car racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't get some dirt in your beer, you ain't at a real race track!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go FAST and TURN LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diuretic
08-27-2007, 01:40 AM
Here too - in the even Deeper South :laugh2:

http://www.speedwaycity.com.au/history.asp

Psychoblues
09-10-2007, 01:29 AM
We were rained out this weekend. We're a dirt track nation, not a mud track nation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, we had an Australian 600cc minisprint champion checking us out this weekend. I didn't get his name (bad PA which is common on local dirt tracks) but I did understand that one of our own, Travis Senter, will be visiting your country soon!!!!!!!!!! Your champion bought one of his cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can all get something out of this kind of cooperation!!!!!!!!!

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 05:36 AM
All I know of recent racing is that Jimmie Johnson won his second consecutive race this weekend and now is 20pts ahead going into the start of the Nextel chase next weekend!

And Junior is officially toast with his 99th blown engine this season! LOL I'll have to start rooting for him next year though when he comes to Hendricks!

Psychoblues
09-12-2007, 02:44 AM
Jimmy is doin' good, jimmy!!!!!! I am not a real big Nascar fan as I consider their business tactics as overwhelming in their sportsmanship but I agree with you. Jr. will do better as he transitions to an operation that better appreciates his talent and doesn't hold so much tradition over his head,,,,not to mention the fair distribution of the bucks. Now, that's a topic that should attract attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I know of recent racing is that Jimmie Johnson won his second consecutive race this weekend and now is 20pts ahead going into the start of the Nextel chase next weekend!

And Junior is officially toast with his 99th blown engine this season! LOL I'll have to start rooting for him next year though when he comes to Hendricks!

Nonetheless, I still think that getting dirt in your beer and watching all-out racing is preferable to sitting in a very crowded seat, suffering the unending commercial demands and listening to all the blahblahblah of idiots that don't have a clue as to what truly competitive racing is all about.

We may agree to disagree but you can bet your ass I'll be at a dirt track come next Saturday Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers2: my friend, and enjoy the competition wherever you can find it!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
10-11-2007, 12:42 AM
Race On!!!!!!!!!!!

Racing is permissable for entertainment purposes only. Indescriminate racing will be punished to the full intent of the law!!!!!!!!!! Uhhhhhhh, dig it?