PDA

View Full Version : Merkel, down and out?

jimnyc
10-29-2018, 01:39 PM
Angela Merkel: Down, and Soon Out

After another disastrous showing in local elections, German chancellor Angela Merkel will step down as the leader of her political party, the Christian Democratic Union, and not seek re-election as chancellor.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel announced on Monday that she would not seek re-election when her term expires in 2021. Merkel, who has been Chancellor since 2005, made the announcement during a news conference today in Berlin. "It is time today for me to start a new chapter," Merkel told reporters in Berlin.

"This fourth term is my last term as Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany. In the next Bundestag election in 2021, I will not run again as Chancellor. I will not run for the German Bundestag any more, and I do not want any other political office." Merkel told reporters that being Chancellor has been a "very challenging and fulfilling task."

Better late than never -- or perhaps not. Merkel's decision to admit upward of a million Muslim "refugees" in 2015, ostensibly in the name of humanitarianism but in reality to combat Germany's anemic birthrate by importing the next generation of "Germans" and hoping against all evidence that they will assimilate into Teutonic society, was the inciting incident in her fall from grace, but its effects will linger long after she is gone.

And gone she needs to be, long before 2021. The fig leaf is that while she's quitting as CDU party leader, she'll stay in office until the next election. The reality is, with her power base gone, she'll be vacating the chancellery long before that. Merkel has been unable to admit her catastrophic error, and has been busily trying to bridge the yawning gulf between bien-pensant thinking about "immigration" and the reality on the ground by cobbling together an ad hoc coalition government with her nominal opposition, the Social Democrats. That coalition has now effectively cratered. So what comes next?

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/michaelwalsh/angela-merkel-down-and-soon-out/

High_Plains_Drifter
10-29-2018, 03:54 PM
Get the power, do the damage, and then bow out when the people turn against you leaving a SHIT STORM of a MESS for someone else to CLEAN UP.

Typical leftist shit stain.