PDA

View Full Version : Prosecutors to seek the death penalty

jimnyc
10-29-2018, 02:55 PM
Like I said, get the needle and the pine box ready. Forget all of those appeals and 20 years on death row, just do it by sundown.

---

Synagogue massacre defendant appears in court in wheelchair

PITTSBURGH (AP) — The man accused in the Pittsburgh synagogue massacre appeared briefly in federal court in a wheelchair and handcuffs Monday to face charges he killed 11 people in what is believed to be the deadliest attack on Jews in U.S. history.

Robert Gregory Bowers, who was wounded in a gun battle with police during the shooting rampage, was released from a hospital in the morning and a few hours later was wheeled into the courtroom, where he was ordered held without bail for a preliminary hearing on Thursday, when prosecutors will outline their case against him.

During the court appearance, Bowers talked with two court-appointed lawyers, went over documents and confirmed his identity to a judge, saying little more than "Yes" in a soft voice a few times. Courtroom deputies freed one of his hands from cuffs so he could sign paperwork. He did not enter a plea.

He was expressionless.

"It was not the face of villainy that I thought we'd see," said Jon Pushinsky, a congregant at Dor Hadash, which lost one of its members to the massacre. Pushinsky was one of two Dor Hadash congregants at the hearing.

Federal prosecutors set in motion plans to seek the death penalty against the 46-year-old truck driver, who authorities say expressed hatred of Jews during the rampage and later told police, "I just want to kill Jews" and "All these Jews need to die."

After the hearing, U.S. Attorney Scott Brady called the shootings "horrific acts of violence" and added: "Rest assured we have a team of prosecutors working hard to ensure that justice is done."

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/harrowing-tales-emerge-synagogue-suspect-due-court-095728208.html

Gunny
10-29-2018, 09:48 PM
Don't know about anyone else, but I'm about sick of all the hate and violence going around nowadays.

And yes, I'm as violent as it gets. As a last resort when all else fails, and there's a REAL reason. But this shit rolling around nowadays is absurd and the answer is always to go out and kill somebody. Then you got the left, fomenting the hate then blaming it on Trump. I'd swear they were taking classes from my little brother except he's so far right he makes most of us look like a bunch of moderates. His tactics are the same though.

I don't even want to turn on the news anymore because I can't get any. Just a bunch of baseless accusations and insults from the part that stands for nothing except it's okay to hate anything right, and on the right.

A couple of us called it. Kavanaugh WHO? That was last month :rolleyes: They've done their best to deflect, accuse, vilify and otherwise blame the right for all their ills. Maybe they need a crystal ball to tell them they just suck?

But all this vile, hatred is just disgusting. Our "fellow man" at his best.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-30-2018, 02:14 AM
Don't know about anyone else, but I'm about sick of all the hate and violence going around nowadays.

And yes, I'm as violent as it gets. As a last resort when all else fails, and there's a REAL reason. But this shit rolling around nowadays is absurd and the answer is always to go out and kill somebody. Then you got the left, fomenting the hate then blaming it on Trump. I'd swear they were taking classes from my little brother except he's so far right he makes most of us look like a bunch of moderates. His tactics are the same though.

I don't even want to turn on the news anymore because I can't get any. Just a bunch of baseless accusations and insults from the part that stands for nothing except it's okay to hate anything right, and on the right.

A couple of us called it. Kavanaugh WHO? That was last month :rolleyes: They've done their best to deflect, accuse, vilify and otherwise blame the right for all their ills. Maybe they need a crystal ball to tell them they just suck?

But all this vile, hatred is just disgusting. Our "fellow man" at his best.
Well if all the leftist hatred has gotten YOU to this point, the guy that from what I've read you say for the last umpteen years, it's got you stirred up to this point then I know it's bad. You usually cut slack when slack is due.

Yes... things are bad... but it's ALL the LEFT. They have been UNHINGED since Trump won. It's been non stop HYSTERIA... and this is just a TINY FRACTION of what we've been witnessing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S87612I2eO8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv_eOMyhtms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f57R6MWQlI

... and then it's all President Trumps fault, and these same unhinged shit stains want to lecture us about CIVILITY. It's mind numbing ABSURD. I'm with you... I'm ready to GET SOME. I'm SICK of this shit. I'll throw down with any of these fuckers any time they want. See how they like dealing with a PISSED OFF, 220 pound, 6' 1" conservative that's seen and heard enough of their SHIT to last a LIFE TIME, and yes, I'm still hittin' the gym EVERY DAY. I'm getting back where I was 30 years ago. Lean, mean and ready to rock.

Gunny
10-30-2018, 08:19 AM
Well if all the leftist hatred has gotten YOU to this point, the guy that from what I've read you say for the last umpteen years, it's got you stirred up to this point then I know it's bad. You usually cut slack when slack is due.

Yes... things are bad... but it's ALL the LEFT. They have been UNHINGED since Trump won. It's been non stop HYSTERIA... and this is just a TINY FRACTION of what we've been witnessing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S87612I2eO8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv_eOMyhtms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f57R6MWQlI

... and then it's all President Trumps fault, and these same unhinged shit stains want to lecture us about CIVILITY. It's mind numbing ABSURD. I'm with you... I'm ready to GET SOME. I'm SICK of this shit. I'll throw down with any of these fuckers any time they want. See how they like dealing with a PISSED OFF, 220 pound, 6' 1" conservative that's seen and heard enough of their SHIT to last a LIFE TIME, and yes, I'm still hittin' the gym EVERY DAY. I'm getting back where I was 30 years ago. Lean, mean and ready to rock.Because teh board is written communication, I have a pretty low threshold for stupidity. In RL, I will go out of my way to avoid it because I know EXACTLY how I will react when it's time for the reckoning and I REALLY detest jail.

There's not a lot to say. For me, talking time's done. There is no civil discourse left. They keep just piling on the lies and false accusations and they aren't budging an inch. All that's left is destroying the enemy by whatever means available. And tough shit for the followers who are stupid enough to believe the leaders. Come game time, I can't tell the difference.

Elessar
10-30-2018, 10:21 AM
Because teh board is written communication, I have a pretty low threshold for stupidity. In RL, I will go out of my way to avoid it because I know EXACTLY how I will react when it's time for the reckoning and I REALLY detest jail.

There's not a lot to say. For me, talking time's done. There is no civil discourse left. They keep just piling on the lies and false accusations and they aren't budging an inch. All that's left is destroying the enemy by whatever means available. And tough shit for the followers who are stupid enough to believe the leaders. Come game time, I can't tell the difference.

Very good points, Gunny.

I have a philosophy that is simple: "Leave Me alone, and I will leave
You alone. However, get in MY face and space, I will mash YOUR face".

These leftist punks do not see how childish they are.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-30-2018, 02:55 PM
Very good points, @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30).

I have a philosophy that is simple: "Leave Me alone, and I will leave
You alone. However, get in MY face and space, I will mash YOUR face".

These leftist punks do not see how childish they are.
Like the Vagos used to say... "I give what I get."