PDA

View Full Version : Attorney General Gonzales just resigned

08-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Thats what the news is saying.

I guess he couldnt take the witch hunt for his head anymore.

08-27-2007, 09:03 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/gonzales_resigns

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 10:04 AM
someday you will be very embarassed you backed this man.

You see they can not keep all the secrets burried for ever and when the papers are realeased on this year from now it will be glaringly apparrent what these people did with the offices they inhabited.

The crimes will flow like red hot lava and you will know why the book worse than watergate was named that.

Nukeman
08-27-2007, 10:08 AM

You see they can not keep all the secrets burried for ever and when the papers are realeased on this year from now it will be glaringly apparrent what these people did with the offices they inhabited.

The crimes will flow like red hot lava and you will know why the book worse than watergate was named that.Much like the Clintons cleaning house of ALL federal atorneys!!!!

I guess if he had fired every one of them than that would have been ok....:lame2:

08-27-2007, 10:10 AM

The crimes will flow like red hot lava and you will know why the book worse than watergate was named that.

yeah. so illegal to follow the constitution and fire people who are at will employees to the President.

it will be obvious and you will look dumb.

darin
08-27-2007, 10:20 AM

Your Rhetoric and hyperbole is NAUSEATING.

:barf:

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Much like the Clintons cleaning house of ALL federal atorneys!!!!

I guess if he had fired every one of them than that would have been ok....:lame2:

Nope you are wrong ,they can not fire them for illegal reasons say like obstruction of Justice which is at the heart of this case.

They have attorney after attorney whcih were fired because they refused to persue trumped up charges against Democratic opponents in elections OR they were fired for persueing Rs who were dirty.

Now think about that These attorneys were not Democratic appointments they were put there by this admin and if they would not persue who and what the admin told them to persue they got canned.

This means if we accept this behavior from this admin we would have to accept it from the next democratic admin.

How would you like it if you republican senator could have charges trumped up against him and have him mired down in them for the entire time he was trying to get reelected.

Then that Dem representative you hate from your state could get protected from any corruption charges tried to take his dirty ass down because your DOJ attorneys were in his camp and would refuse to press any charges against him.

YOu see you accept this idea ONLY because it helps your party.

I would fight this shit if it was a Dem admin doing it.

darin
08-27-2007, 10:45 AM
Nope you are wrong ,they can not fire them for illegal reasons say like obstruction of Justice which is at the heart of this case.

They have attorney after attorney whcih were fired because they refused to persue trumped up charges against Democratic opponents in elections OR they were fired for persueing Rs who were dirty.

Now think about that These attorneys were not Democratic appointments they were put there by this admin and if they would not persue who and what the admin told them to persue they got canned.

This means if we accept this behavior from this admin we would have to accept it from the next democratic admin.

How would you like it if you republican senator could have charges trumped up against him and have him mired down in them for the entire time he was trying to get reelected.

Then that Dem representative you hate from your state could get protected from any corruption charges tried to take his dirty ass down because your DOJ attorneys were in his camp and would refuse to press any charges against him.

YOu see you accept this idea ONLY because it helps your party.

I would fight this shit if it was a Dem admin doing it.

You're either Lying, or ignorant. I think it's a little bit of BOTH.

EVERY TIME a president from a different party takes over, the 'vast majority' of US attorneys are replaced with members who are more-closely aligned with the ideals of the incoming Party. Happens every time. And what about the allegations that at least some of the fired attorneys were fired for not investigating things like VOTER FRAUD? Does that bother you? Do you REALLY believe they were doing GREAT in their jobs, and simply fired for fun?
While I don't recall another president removing Attorneys they had appointed, your claims that it's illegal or unethical or 'bad' are silly at best.

You are so full of crap- you LOVE buying-into conspiracy theory and you use 'editorials' from left-wing moonbats as 'proof'.

Here's a test for you - I want you to pick out the 'fact'

a) Ice cream is good
b) February has 28 days - sometimes 29.

Which is fact? Seriously? I believe you would pick 'a' if it were written or said by Nancy Pelosi, if 'b' was written or said by George W. Bush.

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Go throught the list of attorneys and explain to me how each one is fired for the reasons submitted and not what I say?

This is what is being investigated.

Your so sure iit was not what I say then prove it?

darin
08-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Go throught the list of attorneys and explain to me how each one is fired for the reasons submitted and not what I say?

Here's the FACT part of my reply:

How about YOU proving YOUR lies? These folk were fired for, among other things, NOT PROPERLY (or at all?) Investigating things like VOTER FRAUD. That's when people CHEAT at elections.

Here's the OPINION part of my reply:

Democrats live and die by voter fraud (Opinion based on facts below). See "Presidential Election of 2000" as an example (fact). See Washington State Governor's Election of 2004 for another (fact).

08-27-2007, 11:00 AM

They are at will employees. they serve at the pleasure of the President.

The President could look at one of the attorneys and not like the tie they are wearing and fire him/her for it.

The Constitution is pretty clear on the matter.

What's funny about this is these attorneys were fired for not investigating questions of election fraud. I thought Democrats wanted all the votes to be counted.. I guess that only is the case when Republicans win.

KarlMarx
08-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Attorneys serve at the pleasure of the President.. get over it....

frankly, I'm sick and tired of the Democrat Gestapo Storm Trooper tactics and mass brainwashing... you libs, you all should have either been sheep or parrots...

better yet, ventriloquist dummies, your heads are filled with sawdust, you're off to a good start:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

truthmatters
http://tinyurl.com/37hrp7

This is one attorney Carol Lamm and we can go thtough them one at a time if you like and I will show you it is not a witch hunt but a very serious case.

stephanie

Yeah right...
We'll be as embarrassed with backing Gonzales, as you all were embarrassed with backing Clinton.....:laugh2:

I for one don't care that he has resigned..
The only thing I was embarrassed about him for, was he was too wishy-washy...

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 11:04 AM
DO THIS AGAIN AND YOU'LL GET BANNED. LAST WARNING - Admin

darin
08-27-2007, 11:07 AM
http://tinyurl.com/37hrp7

This is one attorney Carol Lamm and we can go thtough them one at a time if you like and I will show you it is not a witch hunt but a very serious case.

so....where is the problem? SOMEBODY was not satisfied with how that Attorney Performed, as a whole. That timeline is NOT complete and does NOT tell the whole story.

Hagbard Celine
08-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Much like the Clintons cleaning house of ALL federal atorneys!!!!

Most presidents come in and clean house and set up their own staffs. What Bushco did was fire members of their own staff halfway through the term, Republican lawyers no less, because, get this, because they weren't loyal enough to the Bush administration. The Bush admin didn't want lawyers, they wanted yes men.

08-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Most presidents come in and clean house and set up their own staffs. What Bushco did was fire members of their own staff halfway through the term, Republican lawyers no less, because, get this, because they weren't loyal enough to the Bush administration. The Bush admin didn't want lawyers, they wanted yes men.

Let's assume everything you say is true: So what?

The administration is still free to fire anyone they want. The President still didn't do anything illegal.

So why the heck should we spend money investigating it? So just argue its unethical. use it in the next election. wasting tax payer money to investigate something we all know is perfectly legal is stupid.

Nukeman
08-27-2007, 11:12 AM

And this differ from the other administrations how???? who really gives a rats ass if some self important lawyers get canned we have more than we need already in the US. If more were actually held accountable than maybe a lot more would be fired......

Nukeman
08-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Let's assume everything you say is true: So what?

The administration is still free to fire anyone they want. The President still didn't do anything illegal.

So why the heck should we spend money investigating it? So just argue its unethical. use it in the next election. wasting tax payer money to investigate something we all know is perfectly legal is stupid.EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
08-27-2007, 11:14 AM
because, get this, because they weren't loyal enough to the Bush administration. The Bush admin didn't want lawyers, they wanted yes men.

And what President, doesn't....
You made me laugh with that one....:laugh2:

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 11:16 AM
so....where is the problem? SOMEBODY was not satisfied with how that Attorney Performed, as a whole. That timeline is NOT complete and does NOT tell the whole story.

She had just outed a high ranking republican senator for frraud and was about to try him, she was ot done yet and they knew others were coming down Like Foggio.

They then fired her ,one of the Top ranked DOJs in the country for what?

Now Please people lets get things straight.

The president can fire these people at will for legal reasons HE CAN NOT FIRE THEM TO OBSTRUCT JUSTICE !

That my friends is illegal for even a president.

darin
08-27-2007, 11:29 AM
She had just outed a high ranking republican senator for frraud and was about to try him, she was ot done yet and they knew others were coming down Like Foggio.

They then fired her ,one of the Top ranked DOJs in the country for what?

Statistics compiled by Lam's office corroborate the assertion that total prosecutions in border crossing cases have declined over Lam's tenure.

Now Please people lets get things straight.

The president can fire these people at will for legal reasons HE CAN NOT FIRE THEM TO OBSTRUCT JUSTICE !

Prove he did so.

That my friends is illegal for even a president.

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Statistics compiled by Lam's office corroborate the assertion that total prosecutions in border crossing cases have declined over Lam's tenure.

Are you aware that the illegals are going elswhere to cross the border now?

Prove he did so.

THIS IS WHY THE INVESTIGATION IS NOT A WITCH HUNT!

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Ok do you want to talk about the other attorneys now that was just one of them?

Dilloduck
08-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Ok do you want to talk about the other attorneys now that was just one of them?

We know We know----bush is bad etc etc. Cut to the chase--what is it that you want to happen here.

glockmail
08-27-2007, 12:44 PM

The crimes will flow like red hot lava and you will know why the book worse than watergate was named that. More unsubstantiated bullshit. The Democrats have been wildly sucessful with their new technique of "pilling a Libby" on republican appointees. The GOP has too much class and just won't go there so it looks like this new tactic will be around for a long time.

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Please talk in something beside genralities and be spacific as to why it is unsubstantiated?

Like tell us why these individual claims are unfounded?

can you?

glockmail
08-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Please talk in something beside genralities and be spacific as to why it is unsubstantiated?

Like tell us why these individual claims are unfounded?

can you? It is customary in these parts for the accuser to provide evidence of the indictment. That would be you.

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 01:38 PM
I have with providing you with the carol lamm story now I will go get some of the other attorneys stories.

Will you prove anything except generalities on them too?

nevadamedic
08-27-2007, 01:41 PM

Go through the list and explain to me why Bill Clinton fired every Republican US Attorney, I really want to know your logic on this matter eventhough I can guess what your going to say.

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 01:42 PM
http://tinyurl.com/2mqboh

here you go this is the David Iglesias story

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 01:43 PM
In October 2006 (prior to the 2006 midterm election) Senator Pete Domenici called to ask about the progress of an investigation, New Mexico U.S. attorney Iglesias said he felt this inquiry was trying to "pressure" him to speed up indictments in a federal corruption investigation that involved at least one former Democratic state senator. When Iglesias said an indictment wouldn't be handed down until at least December, "the line went dead." Iglesias was fired one month after the election by the Bush Administration as part of the Dismissal of U.S. attorneys controversy. Also in October, Representative Heather Wilson called about the indictments in a federal corruption investigation that involved at least one former Democratic state Senator."[5]

Allen Weh, chairman of the New Mexico Republican Party, said said he complained in 2005 about then-U.S. Attorney David Iglesias to a White House aid for Rove, asking that Iglesias be removed.[6] Then in 2006 Rove personally told Weh “He’s gone,” Rove said.[6]

Indeed, one of the stated reasons for Iglesias' dismissal, by Administration officials, was dissatisfaction in his prosecution of voter-fraud cases. Nevertheless, Iglesias "had been heralded for his expertise in that area by the Justice Department, which twice selected him to train other federal prosecutors to pursue election crimes" and was "one of two chief federal prosecutors invited to teach at a 'voting integrity symposium' in October 2005… sponsored by Justice's public integrity and civil rights sections."[7]

Iglesias alleged that in October 2006 he received inquiries regarding the timing of a federal probe of a kickback scheme involving local Democrats from two congressmen whom Iglesias refused to name for fear of retribution. He said that they appeared eager for there to be an indictment in time to assist the Republicans in the upcoming November election, and believed that he was ultimately fired for refusing to expedite matters.[8] In comments to the Albuquerque Journal he described them as "two members of the New Mexico delegation".[9]

The Justice Department also stated that part of the reason for Iglesias's dismissal was his frequent absences. In response to this charge, Iglesias stated that the reason for these absences was his mandatory 40-day per year service as part of the Navy Reserve, in which he still serves as a commander. [10] This represents a possible violation of USERRA.

http://tinyurl.com/2mqboh

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 01:49 PM
This guy is the attorney the movie was based on about military attorney case Tom Cruise played him.

This guy is considered a TOP ranking attorney by all respects.

He refused to prosicute a case which turned out to be a total hunk of bullshit and was fired for it.

He was appointed by Bush and is not a Democrat folks!

Senator Pete Domenici called him and threatened him to persue the case and he refused to do it while an elelction was pending, they fired him right after the call.

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Well are you ready to discuss the facts yet?

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 02:28 PM
This hap[pens every time the details of this case are delved.

The facts are just too strong for ay of you to refute.

I submitt you will make the claim again that this is not a worthy investigation and once the details are brought up you will bail.

stephanie
08-27-2007, 02:35 PM
I submitt you will make the claim again that this is not a worthy investigation

Bingo!

I do hope the Democrats keep it up...We want more useless investigations, spend more and more of the taxpayers money, on useless investigations....

People ARE WATCHING...

Republican President in 08.....:cheers2:

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Can you address any of the facts of the case to proove your point?

Dilloduck
08-27-2007, 03:17 PM
This hap[pens every time the details of this case are delved.

The facts are just too strong for ay of you to refute.

I submitt you will make the claim again that this is not a worthy investigation and once the details are brought up you will bail.

I would like to hear the details of your transformation from Loosecannon to Truthmatters too !! I bet its a doozy. :laugh2:

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 03:18 PM
I have never been any posteer anywhere under that name.

Can you adress the facts in this thread?

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 03:39 PM
See how they run?

darin
08-27-2007, 03:42 PM
See how they run?

See how you're banned from this thread for whoring up your post count - AFTER my warning to stop?

glockmail
08-27-2007, 03:43 PM
See how they run? You're the runner. You've always failed to address direct questions. We're all simply tired of playing your game, Lucy. :pee:

stephanie
08-27-2007, 04:16 PM
I would like to hear the details of your transformation from Loosecannon to Truthmatters too !! I bet its a doozy. :laugh2:

Now that you mention that, sure sounds like the same...

No wonder...:laugh2:

08-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Obstruction huh?

So Clinton firing all the attorneys to cover up investigations into him is not obstruction. But firing a few attorneys, because they are failing to investigate voting fraud is?

Yurt
08-27-2007, 07:42 PM

I'm already embrassed you post here....

theHawk
08-27-2007, 07:44 PM
OK so Gonzo is Gone. The Dems got what they want.

And now Bush will just appoint someone to replace him.

Is this all the Dems got on their "agenda"?

08-27-2007, 08:33 PM

no. the second they approve the new guy they will be trying to force him to resign too.

nevadamedic
08-27-2007, 08:54 PM
He should appoint Rove :laugh2: Then the Dem's would feel like the idiots they are and beg for Gonzales to come back. :laugh2:

KarlMarx
08-28-2007, 03:23 AM
The Dems won't be satisfied, they will continue to smear people in the Administration right down to the lowest official. If I were a janitor in the White House, I'd be worried.

If the Dems put half as much energy into governing this country as they do into embarrassing this Administration, we'd have Nirvana on Earth. Apparently, like the color pink or plaids, shame is unfashionable for today's Democrat. Stan Lee of Marvel Comics can't come up with the story lines that the Democrat Leadership have these past 8 years.

Senator Joe McCarthy and the Taliban didn't hold a candle to these vigilantes. I'll wager that, in Washington these days, fear of being called to appear before a kangaroo court Senate committee headed up by a Democrat runs through a lot of people's minds .

In addition, their legions of wooden headed, conspiracy theory believing robots (who fancy themselves as "independent thinkers", go figure that one out!) will repeat the required catch phrases they've been taught and think the required thoughts. This is group think in action, folks, just listen to those independent thinkers bleat in unison!

I wish my laundry detergent could do as good a job on my clothes as the Democrat propaganda machine has done on millions of brains.

Well, we've only ourselves to blame. This is the result of too much TV, too little reading and a failed education system (run by the Teachers Unions, paid for by you and I). A democracy requires an educated populace, not a mob demanding bread and circuses.

Frankly, I think we're doomed unless we get the same crop of Republicans we did in 1994. Ones dedicated to reducing government and actually serving the people. More than likely though, this country is headed for the dust bin of history on the fast track with clowns like Harry Reid, Ted Kennedy and Nancy Pelosi at the helm.

glockmail
08-28-2007, 08:57 AM

Its the politics of personal destruction that the Dems have been complaining about.

bullypulpit
08-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Poor little Alberto. No body loves him...Everybody hates him...He's gonna go eat woolly-worms.

He signed off on the memo which green flagged the abuses at Abu Ghraib and GITMO...He signed off on an illegal domestic wire-tapping operation...He oversaw the purely political firings of REPUBLICAN prosecutors who were more loyal to the Constitution than the President. And Chimpy McPresident has the temerity to blame Democratic persecution for his stepping down?

After that "Brokeback Mountain" moment between Bush and Rove at Turdblossom's departure speech, I thought sure he would give Alberto a big hug and a wet, sloppy kiss yesterday. But such was not the case. He was pissed off, Likely at the prospect of increasing isolation and the ever decreasing pool of willing syncophants to serve at his beck and call. Sounds like the air is getting a little stale in his bubble.

OCA
08-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Poor little Alberto. No body loves him...Everybody hates him...He's gonna go eat woolly-worms.

He signed off on the memo which green flagged the abuses at Abu Ghraib and GITMO...He signed off on an illegal domestic wire-tapping operation...He oversaw the purely political firings of REPUBLICAN prosecutors who were more loyal to the Constitution than the President. And Chimpy McPresident has the temerity to blame Democratic persecution for his stepping down?

After that "Brokeback Mountain" moment between Bush and Rove at Turdblossom's departure speech, I thought sure he would give Alberto a big hug and a wet, sloppy kiss yesterday. But such was not the case. He was pissed off, Likely at the prospect of increasing isolation and the ever decreasing pool of willing syncophants to serve at his beck and call. Sounds like the air is getting a little stale in his bubble.

There were no abuses at Abu Ghraib or Gitmo and you falsely label the terrorist communications program as "domestic wiretapping".......sounds good but all is rooted in fantasy.

But after 3.5 years why do I expect more?

bullypulpit
08-28-2007, 06:09 PM
There were no abuses at Abu Ghraib or Gitmo and you falsely label the terrorist communications program as "domestic wiretapping".......sounds good but all is rooted in fantasy.

But after 3.5 years why do I expect more?

Care to provide any documentation to support your claims? Didn't think so. Dismissed.

OCA
08-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Care to provide any documentation to support your claims? Didn't think so. Dismissed.

Name me one American who had a wire tapped that was not communicating with possible terrorist suspects.

Abu Ghraib was humiliation, there is no evidence of traditional torture methods used.

Gitmo prisoners were all terrorist and insurgent suspects and not qualified to receive the priveliges of the American legal system nor really the protections of the Geneva Convention which covers only formal armies and combatants.

Oh and BTW how is that impeachment coming along? Couldn't be there are no impeachable offenses, could it? I mean you got your wish, the rubberstamp Congress is gone and still...........nothing, nada.

glockmail
08-28-2007, 06:43 PM
You were dismissed long ago by any serious debater.

bullypulpit
08-29-2007, 03:47 AM
Let's address your points one at a time, shall we

Name me one American who had a wire tapped that was not communicating with possible terrorist suspects.

Given that Bush and Co have stonewalled Congress at every turn with spurious claims of "executive privilege" and the barrier of secrecy erected by claims of "national security", we'll never know until they are removed from office and some of those veils of secrecy can be lifted.

Abu Ghraib was humiliation, there is no evidence of traditional torture methods used.

Let me quote you the definition of torture from the UN Convention Against Torture which, incidentally the US is signatory to.
<blockquote>Article 1

1. For the purposes of this Convention, torture means any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or a third person information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity. It does not include pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in or incidental to lawful sanctions.</blockquote>

Gitmo prisoners were all terrorist and insurgent suspects and not qualified to receive the priveliges of the American legal system nor really the protections of the Geneva Convention which covers only formal armies and combatants.

Many at GITMO were simply civilians who were in the wrong place at the wrong time, while others were no more than cooks or house-keepers for members of the Taliban or Al Qaeda, and were determined to have no intel value, but wound up at GITMO anyways.

<blockquote>The United States is holding dozens of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay who have no meaningful connection to Al Qaeda or the Taliban, and were sent to the maximum-security facility over the objections of intelligence officers in Afghanistan who had recommended them for release, according to military sources with direct knowledge of the matter.

At least 59 detainees -- nearly 10% of the prison population at the U.S. Navy base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba -- were deemed to be of no intelligence value after repeated interrogations in Afghanistan. All were placed on "recommended for repatriation" lists well before they were transferred to Guantanamo Bay, a facility intended to hold the most hardened terrorists and Taliban suspects. - <a href=http://www.latimes.com/la-na-gitmo22dec22,0,2294365.story>LA Times</a></blockquote>

Oh and BTW how is that impeachment coming along? Couldn't be there are no impeachable offenses, could it? I mean you got your wish, the rubberstamp Congress is gone and still...........nothing, nada.

And this has exactly what to do with Abu Ghraib or GITMO? Oh...NOTHING. Just trying to change the subject because you can't debate the issues honestly. But I'll address it anyways. Neither the Democratic nor Republican leadership in Congress have shown any interest in anything beyond the furtherance of their own political fortunes. Thus they have forsworn their oaths of office and, IMO, share equal culpability in the high crimes, misdemeanors and malfeasance of Bush and his Administration. Dismissed.

bullypulpit
08-29-2007, 03:48 AM
You were dismissed long ago by any serious debater.

You wouldn't know a debate if it bit you on the ass, got lock-jaw and died. :D

gabosaurus
08-29-2007, 10:01 PM
For a final wrap-up off this sordid affair, let's go to the Rude Pundit:

10:31: Why did Gonzales do it now? What confluence of evidence, expediency, and soul-sickness led him to either be released from his blood oath or to tell Bush to "fuck off" at last? Was it the loss of the musk of Karl Rove around the Oval Office? Such manly moments are to be missed in these dank end days of the swampy DC summer.

10:32: He's got a quite the prissy little demi-man gait to his walk up to the podium. That is not a happy man, not the usual skipping cocky stride of the dude who's gotten his jollies sending people to death and torture.

10:34: Gonzales says life in a suit is better than picking fruit in a field, he gives Bush a gentle kiss on the balls, and, whoa, he's outta there. That is someone who just did something he was ordered to do, but in the most "kiss my ass, motherfuckers" way possible.

Let's see what's up at Fox "news": This Jim Angle fucker thinks that Republicans are upset that Gonzales didn't "defend" himself more in hearings. He says that there's no "proof" that Gonzales lied to the Senate Judiciary Committee, disparaging Democrats, giving a thumb to the walnut-like prostate of Orrin Hatch for the Utah Senator's wisdom in defending Gonzales.

Boo-yah- it's 10:37 and Fox is off to Michael Vick.

theHawk
08-30-2007, 08:43 AM
He signed off on the memo which green flagged the abuses at Abu Ghraib and GITMO..
Well, if the 'abuses' at Abu Ghraib and Gitmo have been "signed off on", then why isn't it policy? Why did the U.S. Army itself break the story about Abu Ghraib to the media when no one knew of it? Why was the U.S. Army, under the Bush administration mind you, investigating and on the road to prosecuting the individuals that broke the law when no one else was interested in the story? It wasn't until the photos came out that anyone cared. If its Bush's policy to commit abuses and then to cover it up then why was the Army investigating this?

He signed off on an illegal domestic wire-tapping operation...He oversaw the purely political firings of REPUBLICAN prosecutors who were more loyal to the Constitution than the President. And Chimpy McPresident has the temerity to blame Democratic persecution for his stepping down?

Most people in this country, are willing to let our law enforcement and anti-terror agencies do so. And just to appease you liberals who care more about the rights of terrorists that want to blow us up, they are passing more legislation through Congress to make it easier to wiretap them.

Please try to keep your inner most fantasies to yourself. No one here wants to read about your wet dreams about the Bush administration.