PDA

View Full Version : Chicago - 2,530 Shot, 469 Killed So Far This Year

jimnyc
10-31-2018, 12:14 PM
It sounds like a war zone. It IS a war zone if you go over the numbers, the locations, the weapons...

I've been pointing this out and calling for help there for years now. I still don't know the answer. Perhaps bring in the guard, but the place won't be rebuilt overnight. They need new buildings, new jobs and a little bit of everything - but most important of all - is getting rid of the gangs and the gang violence - which I believe accounts for probably almost all of the violence and shootings there.

---

Chicago: 43 Shot, 5 Killed Over Weekend -- 2,530 Shot, 469 Killed So Far This Year

Over the weekend, 43 people were shot in Chicago and 5 of the victims died, making it one of the most violent weekends in the Windy City this year. Since the beginning of the year, 2,530 people have been shot in Chicago, according to the shooting and homicide data maintained by the Chicago Tribune.

Further data, collected by the Chicago Sun-Times, shows there have been 469 homicides in Chicago so far this year -- 408 of those deaths resulted from shootings. Another 30 homicides were caused by stabbing and another 31 deaths were caused by "another type" of violence.

For the 408 shooting deaths so far this year, 340 of the victims were black, 19 were white, and 46 were Hispanic, according to the Sun-Times.

For the 30 stabbing deaths, 20 of the victims were black, 4 were white, and 6 were Hispanic.

In the other 31-- "another type of" -- homicides, 16 of the victims were black, 5 were white and 8 were Hispanic.

For the 340 blacks that were killed in a shooting, 312 of the victims were men.

Overall, for the shooting deaths in Chicago this year, 83.3% of the victims were black. Among the stabbing victims 66.6% were black. Among the other types of homicide, 51.6% of the victims were black.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/chicago-43-shot-5-killed-over-weekend-2530-shot-469-killed-so-far-year