PDA

View Full Version : 'The President Does Not Have the Power to Erase Parts of the Constitution'

jimnyc
10-31-2018, 05:32 PM
Someone mark this down, the words and the date and the context.

I do think he needs to go the supreme court route to ensure it passes muster and lasts to protect our nation - this is speaking of fixing the issue of anchor babies.

Well now, the Democrats and Pelosi don't like this idea, so she whines of course. Claims that Trump is going to "erase" parts of the constitution.

The reason I say to mark this - is to whether or not the Democrats should get the House majority, or whenever down the line they try to make a play on grabbing guns, and trying to "erase" a portion of the COTUS and the 2nd amendment.

For now, on this, perhaps make the order and have a suit reach the SC for a decision.

---

Pelosi: ‘The President Does Not Have the Power to Erase Parts of the Constitution’

(CNSNews.com) - House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi released a statement on Monday that referenced President Donald Trump’s intention to issues an executive order terminating birthright citizenship for the children of illegal aliens and declared that “the president does not have the power to erase parts of the Constitution.”

The first section of the Fourteenth Amendment (which Congress approved in 1866 and was ratified by the states 1868) says: “All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.”

On May 30, 1866, Sen. Jacob Howard, the author of this language, gave a speech on the Senate floor explaining what it means.

“The first amendment to section one, declaring that ‘all persons born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the States wherein they reside,’” Howard said.

“I do not propose to say anything on that subject except that the question of citizenship has been so fully discussed in this body as not to need any further elucidation, in my opinion,” Howard said.

“This amendment which I have offered is simply declaratory of what I regard as the law of the land already, that every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States,” he said. “This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States.”

Rest - https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/pelosi-president-does-not-have-power-erase-parts-constitution

Elessar
10-31-2018, 06:24 PM
Someone mark this down, the words and the date and the context.

I do think he needs to go the supreme court route to ensure it passes muster and lasts to protect our nation - this is speaking of fixing the issue of anchor babies.

Well now, the Democrats and Pelosi don't like this idea, so she whines of course. Claims that Trump is going to "erase" parts of the constitution.

The reason I say to mark this - is to whether or not the Democrats should get the House majority, or whenever down the line they try to make a play on grabbing guns, and trying to "erase" a portion of the COTUS and the 2nd amendment.

For now, on this, perhaps make the order and have a suit reach the SC for a decision.

---

Pelosi: ‘The President Does Not Have the Power to Erase Parts of the Constitution’

“The first amendment to section one, declaring that ‘all persons born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the States wherein they reside,’” Howard said.

“I do not propose to say anything on that subject except that the question of citizenship has been so fully discussed in this body as not to need any further elucidation, in my opinion,” Howard said.

“This amendment which I have offered is simply declaratory of what I regard as the law of the land already, that every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States,” he said. “This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States.”

Rest - https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/pelosi-president-does-not-have-power-erase-parts-constitution

The bolded part, I think, is significant. That shows part of the Intent of the Amendment.

A Supreme Court Opinion and/or review might be appropriate.