PDA

View Full Version : Boy gets dress-coded for worn jeans with an 'emerging hole'

jimnyc
11-01-2018, 01:30 PM
How effing retarded is this. I grew up in a household of 4 kids, 3 of us boys, and I was the youngest, the bottom of the barrel - the last in line for hand me downs! So yeah, I very often had clothing with some smudges, smears or "emerging holes" in them.

---

Boy gets dress-coded for worn jeans with an 'emerging hole,' mom forced to bring him home

Laurens Middle School was performing a dress-code inspection on Monday when a teacher took 11-year-old Ethan Orr to the principal’s office for what the school called an “emerging hole” in his jeans — meaning a frayed spot that would soon become an actual hole, according to WCNC in South Carolina.

There, his mother, Lisa Orr, was called and told that she needed to either bring her son a new pair of pants or bring him home. That’s when Orr became outraged. Money is tight, she told WCNC, and she can’t afford to buy Ethan new clothes at the moment, so he has to stick with his lightly worn wardrobe. A lot of his clothes have holes in them, she said, and it’s even a source of bullying for the child, so being punished by the school was an added stressor. “As a mother, that broke my heart,” she said.

“I was like, ‘Is this really a reason for him to have to be sent to the office?’ And she was like, ‘Well, we realize it’s not a hole. It’s what we call an emerging hole,’” Orr said in a Facebook video, noting that she was then forced to pick the boy up. “He missed an entire day of education for that,” she said while pointing to a worn spot on Ethan’s pant leg.

(all over this)

https://i.imgur.com/zIHvkEg.png

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/boy-gets-dress-coded-worn-jeans-emerging-hole-mom-forced-bring-home-182759396.html

Elessar
11-01-2018, 05:44 PM
Both sides of this argument are being stupid.

The school acting so zealous, and not understanding the family
might be struggling.

The mother of the kid not being smart enough to use iron-on patches to
help compliance.

I could not wear my brother's hand-me-downs. He was much chunkier
than I. So when mine had a spot like that, Mom would use an iron-on
patch on the inside, covering the blemish. All it takes is a piece of wax paper
to cover the outside and a dish towel over that during the ironing. We could
not afford a lot while was going through school, either.