PDA

View Full Version : Owen Wilson- suicide attempt?

Abbey Marie
08-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Though this article doesn't say it, I heard earlier on the radio that he tried to committ suicide.

Wilson in good condition, hospital says
2 hours, 41 minutes ago

Associated Press

SANTA MONICA, Calif. - Owen Wilson was reported in good condition Monday, a day after he was taken from his home by ambulance, a hospital spokeswoman said.

"I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time," the 38-year-old actor said in a statement released through publicist Ina Treciokas.

No further comments were expected, she said.

Wilson was at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, said hospital spokeswoman Cynthia Harding. He was initially taken to St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica.

He "is here in good condition," Harding said.

It wasn't known why Wilson was hospitalized, but a neighbor said a police car, fire truck and ambulance were outside the actor's gated house around noon Sunday.

http://omg.yahoo.com/owen-wilson-hospitalized-in-calif./news/1991

nevadamedic
08-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Though this article doesn't say it, I heard earlier on the radio that he tried to committ suicide.

Wilson in good condition, hospital says
2 hours, 41 minutes ago

Associated Press

SANTA MONICA, Calif. - Owen Wilson was reported in good condition Monday, a day after he was taken from his home by ambulance, a hospital spokeswoman said.

"I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time," the 38-year-old actor said in a statement released through publicist Ina Treciokas.

No further comments were expected, she said.

Wilson was at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, said hospital spokeswoman Cynthia Harding. He was initially taken to St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica.

He "is here in good condition," Harding said.

It wasn't known why Wilson was hospitalized, but a neighbor said a police car, fire truck and ambulance were outside the actor's gated house around noon Sunday.

http://omg.yahoo.com/owen-wilson-hospitalized-in-calif./news/1991

Dunno, but I doub't it.

-Cp
08-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Regardless if its the attempted suicide thing is true or not - one thing seems to be clear and that is Owen really needs to feel God's Grace and forgiveness...

He'll be in my prayers...

jimnyc
08-27-2007, 04:36 PM
I read that it was a suicide attempt on the tabloid websites, so it must be true!

I hope he gets well too. I like Owen.

Abbey Marie
08-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Regardless if its the attempted suicide thing is true or not - one thing seems to be clear and that is Owen really needs to feel God's Grace and forgiveness...

He'll be in my prayers...

True dat.

dan
08-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Guess he finally got around to seeing Shanghai Knights.

I told that joke at work yesterday and it bombed. Too soon, I guess.

But, yeah, I like Owen Wilson, hate to see this. I guess it's always the funny guys who have the biggest issues. Has it even been confirmed that it was a suicide attempt? At this point, I refuse to believe anything I'm ever told by the Internet.

PostmodernProphet
08-28-2007, 09:39 AM
I hope he gets help if it's true.....

I have to say though, I think he is a terrible actor.....he is exactly the same in every movie.....he isn't acting, he's getting parts written for his real life character......

Mr. P
08-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Am I the only one that has know idea who this guy is?

Hagbard Celine
08-28-2007, 09:49 AM

Yes. Seen Armageddon? He's the ditzy geologist who dies before the spaceships even get to the meteor. He's the blonde guy from Wedding Crashers. He's Dupree from You, Me & Dupree.

hjmick
08-28-2007, 09:51 AM

http://www.hitparade.ch/actorimages/owen_wilson.jpg

PostmodernProphet
08-28-2007, 09:53 AM

nope, I looked him up on Google images before I posted.....:)

Pale Rider
08-28-2007, 10:13 AM
I guess life is just too rough being filthy rich and famous.

Mr. P
08-28-2007, 10:40 AM
http://www.hitparade.ch/actorimages/owen_wilson.jpg

OK, thanks hjmick. I recognize him, he did Shanghai noon, right?

hjmick
08-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Yes he did, and Shangai Knights, The Wedding Crashers, You, Me and Dupree, Starsky and Hutch, Night at the Museum, Meet the Fockers, Meet the Parents, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Zoolander, Armageddon, I Spy, and many others.

dan
08-28-2007, 10:59 AM
I have to say though, I think he is a terrible actor.....he is exactly the same in every movie.....he isn't acting, he's getting parts written for his real life character......

I agree with the last sentiment, but I don't think that makes him a terrible actor. Matthew McCaughnahey (I know I butchered the spelling there) plays himself in every movie, but I like him, too. If you have a likable, "big" personality, it can get you by as an actor. Other examples: John Wayne, Burt Reynolds, Vince Vaughn.

Abbey Marie
08-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Seriously, no one plays himself more than Jack Nicholson, and he's practically revered in Hollywood.

dan
08-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Seriously, no one plays himself more than Jack Nicholson, and he's practically revered in Hollywood.

How could I forget Jack? Last movie where he wasn't "Jack Nicholson" was probably Easy Rider.

-Cp
08-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Well yeah..he's certianly been paid well:

Movie salaries
Shanghai Noon (2000) $4,000,000
Behind Enemy Lines (2001) $3,000,000
Zoolander (2001) $2,000,000
Starsky & Hutch (2004) $10,000,000
Wedding Crashers (2005) $10,000,000
You, Me and Dupree (2006) $15,000,000
Cars (2006) $4,000,000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_wilson#Movie_salaries

Mr. P
08-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Well yeah..he's certianly been paid well:

Movie salaries
Shanghai Noon (2000) $4,000,000
Behind Enemy Lines (2001) $3,000,000
Zoolander (2001) $2,000,000
Starsky & Hutch (2004) $10,000,000
Wedding Crashers (2005) $10,000,000
You, Me and Dupree (2006) $15,000,000
Cars (2006) $4,000,000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_wilson#Movie_salaries

Wow! I guess it pays to be yourself.

dan
08-28-2007, 12:20 PM
I like Owen Wilson for a few reasons. First, I think he's a pretty good actor (he has some legitimately dramatic scenes in The Royal Tenenbaums and Bottle Rocket that he plays very well), and I also like the fact that he stills goes back and makes smaller, independent movies that probably won't make a lot of money. Plus, he's a really good writer (he cowrote Bottle Rocket, Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore; he was an English major at UT). I definitely hope he comes through this okay.

PostmodernProphet
08-28-2007, 12:28 PM
but I don't think that makes him a terrible actor

it might make him a good entertainer, but not a good actor.....compare him with Johnny Depp....

Jack Sparrow, Willy Wonka, Hunter Thompson, and the lead in Blow.....who would expect it was even the same guy.....not only that, but when I looked him up on wiki, I see he had the lead roles in Edward Scissorshand and CryBaby....I didn't even realize it WAS the same guy till I looked him up.....now that is acting......

dan
08-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Agreed, I'm just saying that throughout the years, there's been many performers who made their living performing the same role over the years.

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 03:22 PM

He was in The Wedding Crashers, Shanghi Noon, Shanghi Knights, You Me and Dupree and many more.

jackass
08-28-2007, 03:25 PM
He was in The Wedding Crashers, Shanghi Noon, Shanghi Knights, You Me and Dupree and many more.

:poke:

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 03:29 PM
I guess life is just too rough being filthy rich and famous.

It was probably because of the break up of him and Kate Hudson (Goldie Hawn's daughter). They met during the making of You, Me and Dupree. I thought they were a perfect match and couple for eachother.

jackass
08-28-2007, 03:40 PM
It was probably because of the break up of him and Kate Hudson (Goldie Hawn's daughter). They met during the making of You, Me and Dupree. I thought they were a perfect match and couple for eachother.

He denies that its over any relationship.

typomaniac
08-28-2007, 05:08 PM
He denies that its over any relationship.

Depression is a medical problem. Bad relationships can make it worse, but they can't cause clinical depression.

If that's his problem, I hope he gets qualified help for it and makes a recovery.

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Depression is a medical problem. Bad relationships can make it worse, but they can't cause clinical depression.

If that's his problem, I hope he gets qualified help for it and makes a recovery.

It can drive someone to attempt suicide.

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Story Highlights
NEW: Police log indicates Owen Wilson tried to commit suicide
Wilson was hospitalized Sunday; he's in good condition, according to officials
Some Wilson film projects now uncertain
Wilson has one movie due for release at end of September

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/28/people.owen.wilson.ap/index.html

typomaniac
08-28-2007, 07:25 PM
It can drive someone to attempt suicide.

Not everyone who attempts suicide is clinically depressed, that's true enough. But depression does count for a large majority of suicides and attempts.

nevadamedic
08-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Not everyone who attempts suicide is clinically depressed, that's true enough. But depression does count for a large majority of suicides and attempts.

So does drugs................