PDA

View Full Version : **Exchange between President Trump and Radical leftist CNN's Jim Acosta ....

LongTermGuy
11-07-2018, 05:06 PM
`Jim Acosta is the type of person who skips to the front of the lunch line, acting like an asshat only for him to turn around and cry victim when he's called out on it.....100% truth bombs by President Trump!! :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=4BZ8ck_7cqk

del
11-07-2018, 05:16 PM
cool story, bro

:laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
11-07-2018, 05:24 PM
This is what needs to happen to that little cocky twit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl57wPIejPU

LongTermGuy
11-07-2018, 05:49 PM
cool story, bro

No story "bro"...The hate and Ignorance of Liberalism is real....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dra0v9xXcAEGfQR.jpg

aboutime
11-07-2018, 06:08 PM
cool story, bro

After seeing your avatar that looks like a GOONY bird's head. At least we won't forget your face, or the empty brain you have.

Noir
11-08-2018, 07:39 AM
This story is taking some weird twists - Acosta press permissions have been revoked, and Sanders tweeted a weird doctored video of the incident as a proof, when the undoctored video is in wide circulation :/

High_Plains_Drifter
11-08-2018, 08:24 AM
That disrespectful little leftist shyster earned his ban ten times over. Had I been president he'd have been gone a long time ago.

Whoever runs that White House press room better get a damn grip on it, and tell those in attendance that they'll show the president of the United States the proper respect, or they too will lose their pass. Enough is enough.

Imagine the magic negro getting constantly badgered and disrespected like President Trump has been... ya... the democrat propaganda wing would have been full blown melt down.

darin
11-08-2018, 08:38 AM
This story is taking some weird twists - Acosta press permissions have been revoked, and Sanders tweeted a weird doctored video of the incident as a proof, when the undoctored video is in wide circulation :/

Define 'doctored'? Was Sanders' video deliberately misleading?

jimnyc
11-08-2018, 09:25 AM

Sanders shared a video making the rounds on Twitter from a rightie site, and they apparently sped up the point where Acosta put hands on the intern, making it look "rougher" I guess? After Sanders retweeted it, then some folks made a claim of it being altered - but from the original source, not Sarah. No footage change, a speed change. Why I don't understand, as the hands on the poor girl is obvious in regular speed - not to mention all of his shitty antics. So SHE didn't doctor a video, she stupidly shared one making the rounds. And Acosta rightfully had his credentials revoked, for touching this woman in any manner, and his antics for interrupting just over and over and over at the conference.

jimnyc
11-08-2018, 09:45 AM
Watching the left make light of this is pathetic. "He barely touched her" - "He has free press rights and just prevented her from taking the mic" and other bullshit like that. Bottom line - he layed hands on her. This would NEVER EVER be accepted by the left if done by a righty, and should be no different in this manner. In fact, in no manner in society should it be allowable - not even by a CNN reporter.

---

Sarah Sanders: ‘White House Is Suspending the Hard Pass’ of CNN’s Acosta

The press “hard pass” of CNN White House Correspondent Jim Acosta has been suspended, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders announced in a statement Wednesday evening.

The announcement came after a contentious exchange earlier in the day during a press conference where Acosta repeatedly interrupted and badgered President Donald Trump and refused to give up the microphone when a female White House aide tried to obtain it to pass it on to another reporter.

In her statement, Sanders stated the White House will “never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young women just trying to do her job as a White House intern.” Sanders called Acosta’s behavior “absolutely unacceptable” and disrespectful to other reporters he refused to allow to ask their questions.

The full statement from White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders follows:

Statement from the Press Secretary:

“President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his Administration. We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern. This conduct is absolutely unacceptable. It is also completely disrespectful to the reporter’s colleagues not to allow them an opportunity to ask a question. President Trump has given the press more access than any President in history. Contrary to CNN’s assertions, there is no greater demonstration of the President’s support for a free press than the event he held today. Only they would attack the President for not being supportive of a free press in the midst of him taking 68 questions from 35 different reporters over the course of an hour and a half – including several from the reporter in question. The fact that CNN is proud of the way their employee behaved is not only disgusting, it is an example of their outrageous disregard for everyone, including young women, who work in this Administration. As a result of today’s incident, the White House is suspending the hard pass of the reporter involved until further notice.” - Sarah Sanders

Rest - https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/sarah-sanders-white-house-suspending-hard-pass-cnns-acosta

pete311
11-08-2018, 10:07 AM
I thought Acosta should have grabbed her by the pussy. Then you guys won't care so much. This is a nothing burger. I've seen the video angles.

jimnyc
11-08-2018, 10:12 AM
I thought Acosta should have grabbed her by the pussy. Then you guys won't care so much. This is a nothing burger. I've seen the video angles.

Interesting.

My take is that NO hands should be touched. And he DID push her arm away when she tried to get the mic, which is HER JOB. He PUSHED her arm away.

But your take, I can see how you can take a comment - and repeat it over and over and over - not only to try and somehow push it on us as if that's how we all feel - but quite frankly, the way you have used the word yourself so freely and so many times, says more about you than anyone else here on the board.

jimnyc
11-08-2018, 10:15 AM
Fwiw, I believe that the inappropriate pushing away of this intern was only part of it - but this schmuck's continued antagonizing ways and interrupting of conferences was the main reason.

Adios, Acosta, peeking in from the outside. :)

LongTermGuy
11-08-2018, 10:22 AM

Are all "you" Leftist like you?

jimnyc
11-08-2018, 11:07 AM
Jim Acosta violated one of the oldest rules of journalism

By producing a split decision, the election that was supposed to end all elections turned out to be fairly predictable. But it’s the day after that was unlike any other.

The Republican president, the likely speaker of the Democrat-controlled House and the Senate’s Republican majority leader each started Wednesday by talking about working together to get things done. They talked to each other privately and talked separately in public about what they thought they could accomplish for the country.

For most Americans, that would make for a very good day. Given the overheated environment leading up to the midterms and the fear among many that we are drifting toward an era of disunion and spreading political violence, bipartisan pledges to work together for the common good were like the sudden emergence of a bright candle flickering in the wind.

Alas, it was the last thing some members of the White House press corps wanted, so they tried to snuff it out.

The conduct of a handful of so-called reporters during President Trump’s news conference was disgraceful beyond measure. This is not journalism, this is narcissism.

Naturally, the boorish Jim Acosta of CNN was the instigator. As is his habit, Acosta doesn’t ask questions — he makes accusations and argues. Almost daily, he does it with the press secretary; Wednesday, he did it with the president.

“I want to challenge you,” Acosta began after Trump called on him. Trump realized he’d made a mistake, murmuring, “Here we go,” and Acosta didn’t disappoint.

He insisted that despite the president’s use of the word “invasion,” the caravan of Central American migrants “is not an invasion.”

He adopted a lecturing, I-know-best tone to declare that “they’re hundreds and hundreds of miles away; that’s not an invasion.”
Trump’s response should not have been necessary: “Honestly, I think you should let me run the country, you run CNN.”

After more back-and-forth, he called Acosta “a rude, terrible person” and said “CNN should be ashamed of itself.”

That should have been enough — Acosta got the attention he wanted and got Trump’s goat, giving his network video it could make hay out of for days. Besides, there were scores of other reporters raising their hands to be called on.

But Acosta wouldn’t give up the microphone and kept talking over Trump, trying to lob another grenade.

The president, clearly angry now and stepping away from the podium as if he might bolt the room, pointed at him and said forcefully, “That’s enough, that’s enough. Put down the mic.”

Finally, Acosta sat down, then stood up to argue again, interrupting another reporter. That reporter, from NBC, praised Acosta and picked up the baton by making his own accusation disguised as a question. He mentioned Trump’s attacks on Democrats and “asked” the president: Why are “you are pitting Americans against one another?”

Trump, to his credit, actually answered in a substantive way, but that didn’t satisfy because the reporter didn’t really ask a question. He too just wanted to make an accusation and argue. On camera.

Rest - https://nypost.com/2018/11/07/jim-acosta-violated-one-of-the-oldest-rules-of-journalism/

Noir
11-08-2018, 11:22 AM

The video was deliberately edited at two points to change the speed of real time events.

Overlying a mostly transparent original over the one Sanders has posted shows clearly where the edits are.

jimnyc
11-08-2018, 11:29 AM
The video was deliberately edited at two points to change the speed of real time events.

Overlying a mostly transparent original over the one Sanders has posted shows clearly where the edits are.

Understood - but the FACT is, with or without the speed change, he put his hands on this intern and shoved her arm away. This would not be acceptable from the left, and again, should not be acceptable now - from anyone.

There should be no such non-stop interrupting during a conference. And certainly no pushing away of interns when the president says 'next' and to move on - which is the queue for her to move the mic to the next reporter, and for him to STFU.

Noir
11-08-2018, 11:38 AM
Understood - but the FACT is, with or without the speed change, he put his hands on this intern and shoved her arm away. This would not be acceptable from the left, and again, should not be acceptable now - from anyone.

There should be no such non-stop interrupting during a conference. And certainly no pushing away of interns when the president says 'next' and to move on - which is the queue for her to move the mic to the next reporter, and for him to STFU.

People will have there own concerns/cares regarding what aspects of the story they are more interested by. Personally I think the most interesting element is that the US press secretary posted a doctored video, and that they have yet to respond to the fact that everyone knows it’s been manipulated.

Will Sanders mention it at all? Ignore it? Apologise? Delete it? Say it doesn’t matter? We’ll see.

pete311
11-08-2018, 11:40 AM

Shove is an extreme exaggeration of the action.

jimnyc
11-08-2018, 11:41 AM

Call it whatever you will - he layed hands on her and that cannot be disputed. His anger got to him. He shouldn't be touching anyone, let alone an intern doing her job.

pete311
11-08-2018, 11:50 AM
Call it whatever you will - he layed hands on her and that cannot be disputed. His anger got to him. He shouldn't be touching anyone, let alone an intern doing her job.

From looking at the video I don't see his hands on her. It's his forearm/wrist against her forearm/wrist.

jimnyc
11-08-2018, 11:54 AM
From looking at the video I don't see his hands on her. It's his forearm/wrist against her forearm/wrist.

She went to take the mic, he pushed against her forearm to stop her. That's her job and she didn't lay hands on him. That is not his job, and he did lay hands on her.

When the president says next, or stop, you let go of the mic and it goes to the next person, and you wait your turn again. He NEVER wants to do this and expects endless answers all for himself instead if allowing for anyone else to go "next".

What would you say, if one of the black reporters were talking to him, and he gently touched/pushed her arm and took the mic away? Ill likely say ahead of time - yeah, sure!

Black Diamond
11-08-2018, 01:57 PM
Leftists are fine with interns being treated as human humidors as long as the one inserting the cigar protects their right to murder babies.

Black Diamond
11-08-2018, 02:51 PM
So if trump had done the same to April Ryan, this would be a nothing burger.

Right.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-08-2018, 03:55 PM
My favorite two hashtags...

#DemocratsAreThePartyofTrash, and #DemocratPropagandaWing. But I have been including #DemocratsAreThePartyofHate and #DemocratsAreThePartyofFascism lately, and ice that cake with #AngryDemocratMob.

These mongrel democrats simply are the FILTH of the WORLD, not just America... the WORLD.

aboutime
11-08-2018, 05:34 PM

Legally speaking, and an explanation to the Pre-schooler, petey. Touching is Assault. Doesn't matter whether it was a hand, or an arm. Assault is touching. Acosta is a member of your family, right? Both suffering from extreme...Trump Derangement Syndrome. But for you petey. Will only go away when you finally graduate to human, adult.

Drummond
11-08-2018, 06:56 PM

You realise, of course, that this suggestion comes from YOUR mind, and (so far as I'm aware) nobody else's ? H'm ?

This is an important item, though (the UK Press thought so ... it was THE major story of the evening). What latitude should any one journalist have to try and hog as much airtime as he can, even through disreputable means, at a Presidential Press Conference ?

He, and the outfit he works for, deserve all they have coming to them.

Gunny
11-08-2018, 07:34 PM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: fucking :rolleyes:

Elessar
11-08-2018, 08:01 PM

Assault is assault, period. It does not mean hands-on only. It means pushing, spitting, shoving, kicking,
confrontational, and even verbal.

Try looking up the definition of assault in the CFR.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/25/11.400

You can be really dumb.

Gunny
11-08-2018, 08:03 PM
Assault is assault, period. It does not mean hands-on only. It means pushing, spitting, shoving, kicking,
confrontational, and even verbal.

Try looking up the definition of assault in the CFR.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/25/11.400

You can be really dumb.See my comment above yours. He knows that. He's doing his Jim Acosta routine.

aboutime
11-08-2018, 09:20 PM
You realise, of course, that this suggestion comes from YOUR mind, and (so far as I'm aware) nobody else's ? H'm ?

This is an important item, though (the UK Press thought so ... it was THE major story of the evening). What latitude should any one journalist have to try and hog as much airtime as he can, even through disreputable means, at a Presidential Press Conference ?

He, and the outfit he works for, deserve all they have coming to them.

I heard petey had a colonoscopy, and they discovered his brain cells, ready to drop.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Elessar
11-09-2018, 12:05 AM
See my comment above yours. He knows that. He's doing his Jim Acosta routine.

Pete can be an idiot....often.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-09-2018, 07:06 AM

Weird twist you say-- hmmmm...
Hell man, he should be fired from his job , and Trump should have banned him from Presidential press engagements for the rest of his term.
That piece of shit was so egregiously rude that he truly deserved to have the hell slapped out of him, IMHO.
And what he did to the lady - well hell dude, you guys would have went totally off the wall ballistic over that were he a reporter from any right-wing paper.
Yet you log on and make that comment about how twisted it was that the ffing worm/scumbag was punished!--Tyr

Noir
11-09-2018, 07:16 AM
Weird twist you say-- hmmmm...
Hell man, he should be fired from his job , and Trump should have banned him from Presidential press engagements for the rest of his term.
That piece of shit was so egregiously rude that he truly deserved to have the hell slapped out of him, IMHO.
And what he did to the lady - well hell dude, you guys would have went totally off the wall ballistic over that were he a reporter from any right-wing paper.
Yet you log on and make that comment about how twisted it was that the ffing worm/scumbag was punished!--Tyr

What do you think of the fact that press secretary Sanders posted an obviously edited video of the event?

Abbey Marie
11-09-2018, 07:29 AM
What do you think of the fact that press secretary Sanders posted an obviously edited video of the event?

I think you must have missed the fact that CNN edited the video to omit the part where Acosta touched that intern.

jimnyc
11-09-2018, 07:42 AM

Why do you support women being touched and having hands layed upon them, for doing their jobs? You're more worried about the editing of a video, the speed, rather than the touching itself.

So you're all for women being touched when they wish not to. I'll recall that for later.

jimnyc
11-09-2018, 07:45 AM

And even if - what is wrong with an edited video sped up to SHOW the touching - when the contents and actual touching - weren't edited at all? Fact is he DID touch her and that's ALL that matters.

Some suddenly think that unwanted touching is Aok.

jimnyc
11-09-2018, 07:47 AM

Lasly - she SHARED a video from a media site - she did not "post" it as if they made and doctored anything. Also a huge difference.

Abbey Marie
11-09-2018, 08:15 AM
https://www.dailywire.com/news/38155/cnns-claim-sarah-sanders-pushed-actual-fake-news-james-barrett

Here you go Noir

jimnyc
11-09-2018, 08:19 AM
https://www.dailywire.com/news/38155/cnns-claim-sarah-sanders-pushed-actual-fake-news-james-barrett

Here you go Noir

One would think based on past postings, that the concern would start with the touching of a woman, then maybe off to a video.... but while some claim to be against such things, suddenly forget they are when it's a righty involved! :laugh:

Abbey Marie
11-09-2018, 08:23 AM
One would think based on past postings, that the concern would start with the touching of a woman, then maybe off to a video.... but while some claim to be against such things, suddenly forget they are when it's a righty involved! :laugh:

Why, I think you’re right, Jim.
I responded about this in your hypocrisy thread. Seems connected...

:coffee:

Noir
11-09-2018, 08:52 AM

Here you go @Noir (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=517)

A mostly transparent and colour shifted overlay of the original over the Sanders clip shows two speed changes, gif compression would only account for one.

jimnyc
11-09-2018, 09:10 AM
Still no defense of this woman from anyone on the left that I can see, and I made many rounds through many media sites, and of course read all the comments that I can. While the fruity left had PLENTY to say when a man on the right barely touched a woman on the left.... now when similar happens, the left goes silent and/or thinks it's just OK for a man to lay hands on a woman, so long as it's "not much" or that it's in a slow motion of some sorts. :thumb::lol:

All the defense goes to the trouble making Acosta and his ways.

Some folks will go as far as to defend a woman touched in some sort of unwanted fashion from 80 years ago or so - but can't fathom doing so today, because the woman is from the right. Pathetic fuckers!

jimnyc
11-09-2018, 09:12 AM

Here you go Noir

No explanation is even needed. The WH did not make the video. And the intern WAS touched in an unwanted manner.

I wonder if going forward we are going to allow for the unwanted touching/grabbing/pushing of women - and who will be the one to draw the conclusions on whether it was lightly enough or quick enough? Will it be OK for Trump and others to do the same, so long as it's gentle enough, and/or fast/slow enough?

jimnyc
11-09-2018, 09:17 AM
Lost in this exchange, and the back and forth tussle between the left and the right - is the fact that Acosta will indefinitely be out of the WH with his antics.

:coffee:

Noir
11-09-2018, 09:17 AM
No explanation is even needed. The WH did not make the video.

Who made the video?

jimnyc
11-09-2018, 09:21 AM
Who made the video?

No one knows the original source to begin with, but it was making rounds all over the internet. I know Infowars had long posted it prior to Sanders, and then thousands of shares. And even if the speed was altered to make the hitting of her arm more quickly/forcefully - it DOES NOT change the FACT that he layed his hands upon her. You can and want to argue the sped up video - and completely ignore him putting his hands on this woman to prevent her from doing her job, and then she had to look back at Trump for an appeal when Acosta pushed her arm away and prevented her from doing her job.

Gunny
11-09-2018, 09:23 AM
A mostly transparent and colour shifted overlay of the original over the Sanders clip shows two speed changes, gif compression would only account for one.TRANSPARENT: The media edits everything all the time. CNN is notorious for editing the truth out of any topic to put a leftwing spin on it.

The same as YOU are editing this thread by addressing some issue on your point that is NOT the point of the thread. NOBODY CARES about you NOTHING EDITED POINT to the topic.

Clear it up for you?

Noir
11-09-2018, 09:27 AM
No one knows the original source to begin with

Well that's reassuring.

The same as YOU are editing this thread by addressing some issue on your point that is NOT the point of the thread. NOBODY CARES about you NOTHING EDITED POINT to the topic.

Clear it up for you?

If nobody cares about my points they're welcome to not reply to my posts.
Clear it up for you?

jimnyc
11-09-2018, 09:27 AM
TRANSPARENT: The media edits everything all the time. CNN is notorious for editing the truth out of any topic to put a leftwing spin on it.

Clear it up for you?

He thinks that since someone out there altered the video to speed up the area where he pushed down upon her arm - somehow makes his pushing down upon her arm OK. Coming from the one who yammered on about an "assault" that took place 8 decades ago, he can't stand up for a woman today, but would rather concentrate on a video, that DOES prove he touched her, sped up or not, altered or not.

jimnyc
11-09-2018, 09:31 AM
Well that's reassuring.

I don't need reassurance, I saw it live time when he placed his hands on her and pushed her away. I'm not the one being a weenie trying to find ways to avoid holding Acosta accountable for his disrupting ways and his ways of placing his hands on this woman. That would be YOU. Since he did, and it's obvious in live time, I don't see the point in giving a shit about a video that was sped up to clarify his actions. Unless you want to say she did the altering, which would also be incorrect. At worst, she was dumb in reposting a video that was altered by someone else to have his touching stand out.

"But allow me to use this time as obfuscation to ignore the touching, when I stand against such actions at other times. Allow me to be that hypocrite."

Sure thing.

Gunny
11-09-2018, 09:31 AM
Well that's reassuring.

If nobody cares about my points they're welcome to not reply to my posts.
Clear it up for you?Don't post them and I won't reply. Otherwise, STFU and don't be telling me what to do. I addressed the topic itself previously. You have yet to do so; rather, choose to address some inane and irrelevant non-issue. You're so sad at this you're making Acosta look good. Hope you got a day job.

jimnyc
11-09-2018, 09:34 AM
Don't post them and I won't reply. Otherwise, STFU and don't be telling me what to do. I addressed the topic itself previously. You have yet to do so; rather, choose to address some inane and irrelevant non-issue. You're so sad at this you're making Acosta look good. Hope you got a day job.

"I will act like your post doesn't exist. Maybe I'll get to it another day. Until I get my exact questions answered about this video that means nothing at the end of the day, I will ignore the touching of this woman 100% and change the subject or ignore what you say. I will act completely different as I have defended in the past. And why? You tell me..."

Not a riddle really, just pointing out the more than obvious, and the hypocrisy. :)

Noir
11-09-2018, 09:42 AM
"I will act like your post doesn't exist. Maybe I'll get to it another day. Until I get my exact questions answered about this video that means nothing at the end of the day, I will ignore the touching of this woman 100% and change the subject or ignore what you say. I will act completely different as I have defended in the past. And why? You tell me..."

Not a riddle really, just pointing out the more than obvious, and the hypocrisy. :)

That's a reasonable statement given the conversation of the thread.
My interest is in the defence of the video Sanders posted, and not a general agreement that Acosta should of given the microphone over to the intern. If you want to requote with and agree about that part of the story you have plenty to chose from. I don't think that kind of "discussion" is interesting, but fairplay if you do.

jimnyc
11-09-2018, 09:52 AM
That's a reasonable statement given the conversation of the thread.
My interest is in the defence of the video Sanders posted, and not a general agreement that Acosta should of given the microphone over to the intern. If you want to requote with and agree about that part of the story you have plenty to chose from. I don't think that kind of "discussion" is interesting, but fairplay if you do.

In other words - you are more interested in the video - than you are of the live events and the fact that a man layed his hands upon a young intern.

Gotcha, fair enough.

Noir
11-09-2018, 09:57 AM
In other words - you are more interested in the video - than you are of the live events and the fact that a man layed his hands upon a young intern.

Gotcha, fair enough.

I am more interested in discussion than agreement.

Gunny
11-09-2018, 10:00 AM
I am more interested in discussion than agreement.Then address the topic. Should be pretty clear to you by now your deflection is irrelevant.

Move on.