PDA

View Full Version : Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Will Retire from the US Supreme Court in January, 2019...

LongTermGuy
11-08-2018, 12:55 AM
https://www.smobserved.com/home/cms_data/dfault/photos/stories/id/5/8/3658/.TEMP/s_topTEMP425x425-9013.jpeg

Because.......

https://www.smobserved.com/story/2018/09/27/politics/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-will-retire-from-the-us-supreme-court-in-january-2019/3658.html

FakeNewsSux
11-08-2018, 01:31 AM
To commemorate the "Year of the Woman" and honor Justice Ginsberg's years of service on the Supreme Court, I can think of no better nominee. Oh, and by the way, if her views on abortion are abhorrent to Senators Collins and Murkowski, (excuse my French) who gives a shit, we don't need their votes anymore with the GOP's expanded majority in the Senate!

https://www.afj.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/barrett_headshot-200x300.jpg

Amy Coney BarrettUnited States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit

LongTermGuy
11-08-2018, 02:07 AM
Don’t know if the story is true but she’s definitely been hinting of retirement waiting

vainly in hopes of a huge blue wave that didn’t happen....With McCain finally gone, and

Flake and Corker leaving, and a few new Senators added to extend the majority, we

won't be held up by some primadonna like Murkowski or Collins thinking she has the

power over us all.

The next confirmations, hopefully in 2019, will be the easiest yet.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/la-en-mn-ruth-bader-ginsburg-rbg-20181106-story.html

Earlier this week, the LA Times had an article about a film about RBG.

They probably never heard of the Santa Monica Observer either.

No clues about any imminent death fake news.

darin
11-08-2018, 03:07 AM
story is two months old and has no traction anywhere else? Hrm.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-08-2018, 06:41 AM
She is worse than a cancer. A solid piece of shit imho.
She is determined to hang on, as only an evil piece of shit would be.
That these ffing leftists were ever placed, shows the rot in this nation.
Not a damn one of the women on the Supreme court deserve the position they hold- yet deserving women were available but were not chosen.
I pray that true justice one day finds Ginsberg and delivers its payload.---- Tyr

LongTermGuy
11-08-2018, 09:17 AM
Breaking now....she is hospitalized....from a fall (3 ribs broken) ..

Interesting how things work...*even with older stories...we were not sure of....

CSM
11-08-2018, 09:21 AM
She fell and broke 3 ribs .... reported just this morning....

LongTermGuy
11-08-2018, 09:25 AM
She fell and broke 3 ribs .... reported just this morning....

`Supreme Court: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 85, hospitalized after fracturing 3 ribs in fall at court`https://finance.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-justice-ginsburg-suffers-142118806.html

jimnyc
11-08-2018, 09:26 AM
I don't think she has any true plans to retire if she can help it. BUT, if she did, or if she croaked, and Trump got to put in a 3rd SC justice? Not only will the lefties heads explodes, I'm afraid you may see some even suicidal. Poor bastards. :laugh2:

LongTermGuy
11-08-2018, 09:34 AM
I don't think she has any true plans to retire if she can help it. BUT, if she did, or if she croaked, and Trump got to put in a 3rd SC justice? Not only will the lefties heads explodes, I'm afraid you may see some even suicidal. Poor bastards. :laugh2:

She is very close to DONE....(working).....But...Liberals have plans to keep her going...:laugh2:RBG To Be Retrofitted With `Bionic Body Parts In Mad Scramble To Keep Her Alive

In wake of Justice Kennedy’s retirement, Democrats are financing a complete overhaul of reliable liberal judge Ruth Bader Ginsburg`

https://medium.com/@allanishac/mad-rush-begins-to-retrofit-ruth-bader-ginsburg-with-bionic-body-parts-5243ca416dec

Elessar
11-08-2018, 09:35 AM

I am really curious as to how the Dems will react to another Trump appointment.
Will they be as vile as the most recent? I think the liars and false accusers should
face justice for their contrived fairy tales during Justice Kavangaugh's oppointment
hearings.

Then proceed onward to let the whining Dems know they cannot bully, whine, or
lie all the time to get their way.

jimnyc
11-08-2018, 09:39 AM
I am really curious as to how the Dems will react to another Trump appointment.
Will they be as vile as the most recent? I think the liars and false accusers should
face justice for their contrived fairy tales during Justice Kavangaugh's oppointment
hearings.

Then proceed onward to let the whining Dems know they cannot bully, whine, or
lie all the time to get their way.

They would go into full craze mode, and any poor bastard nominated will be hit with the worst accusations ever, guaranteed.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-08-2018, 09:42 AM
There comes a time when they ought to be forced out. Just "still breathing" should NOT be a reason for being able to still hold a seat on the S.C.

LongTermGuy
11-08-2018, 09:51 AM
They would go into full craze mode, and any poor bastard nominated will be hit with the worst accusations ever, guaranteed.

Agree and count on it...."They" have learned nothing from the Kavanaugh ordeal....

Abbey Marie
11-08-2018, 10:11 AM
They’ll just threaten to impeach whomever is seated by Trump.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-08-2018, 10:15 AM
They’ll just threaten to impeach whomever is seated by Trump.
Which we know now would just be crazy talk, because even though they could vote to impeach, they can't REMOVE that person without the senate, and that they don't have. So it's all hot air, political posturing, democrat bluster.

Elessar
11-08-2018, 10:34 AM
Look, I never liked Ginsburg's stances and opinions on issues,
but at this point in her life I have no ill will for her.

Why?

I watched my mother succumb to the ravages of Dementia beginning
at 85 years old. It is a terrible thing to observe, the steady downward
swirl from which there is no return. Her last 3 years of her life, she
did not even remember me, my son, or my brother.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-08-2018, 10:53 AM
`Supreme Court: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 85, hospitalized after fracturing 3 ribs in fall at court`https://finance.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-justice-ginsburg-suffers-142118806.html

Wow!! Perhaps I had better pray more often!!! Seems my prayer offered this so early morn in the reply above, got speedy results..
My friend, you can thank me later...- ;) -Tyr

LongTermGuy
11-08-2018, 11:05 AM
Look, I never liked Ginsburg's stances and opinions on issues,
but at this point in her life I have no ill will for her.

Why?

I watched my mother succumb to the ravages of Dementia beginning
at 85 years old. It is a terrible thing to observe, the steady downward
swirl from which there is no return. Her last 3 years of her life, she
did not even remember me, my son, or my brother.

​My friend...watching it happen to my Mother now....it aint easy....

Elessar
11-08-2018, 11:10 AM
​My friend...watching it happen to my Mother now....it aint easy....

My heart goes out to you. Indeed it does.

Be strong. Keep the Love You have and the memories.

Abbey Marie
11-08-2018, 11:49 AM
I never wish actual harm to someone. It’s so not Christian.
But I do wish she would retire and enjoy what quality time she has left.