PDA

View Full Version : WSJ: Trump to Sign EO This Week to Revamp Asylum Process

jimnyc
11-08-2018, 10:59 AM
I have ZERO ISSUE with this. If you are an illegal, then you get the bogus treatment of a criminal, well, because you broke the law. And if you want to seek asylum, that's cool, simply come to a point of entry and come through legally, that's all we ask and not too difficult a request.

---

WSJ: Trump to Sign EO This Week to Revamp Asylum Process

President Donald Trump is going to sign an executive order this week to revamp the asylum system, The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

The executive order will call for the detention of illegal immigration violators and require asylum seekers to go through a point of entry, according to the Journal.

Administration officials told the paper the president's order will be signed before he leaves Friday for Paris, France.

"We need the wall," President Trump said during Wednesday's news conference. "Many Democrats know we need the wall. And we're just going to have to see what happens. I mean, I will be fighting for it."

The current asylum system allows those in the United States up to a year to request asylum, so the order demanding they go through to a port of entry will bar those who cross the border illegally from applying to asylum, per the report.

Rest - https://www.newsmax.com/politics/executiveorder-asylum-migrants-illegals/2018/11/07/id/889868/

pete311
11-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Now you guys love EOs

jimnyc
11-08-2018, 11:05 AM
Now you guys love EOs

Where and who said that? Can you please quote their posts for me?

As for me, I'm not a fan of them (not as much against as bully!), but in some cases it's necessary for a variety of reasons. In this case, with endless folks trying to enter the country, the majority of them illegally, and many then claiming asylum - a process should be clarified to protect our country.

Outside of that, I do in fact prefer things to go the 'long' route, as then I believe it will be around longer as well, as in not turned over by the next prez.

But at any rate, before we discuss further, I'll await the quotes from your accusation...

pete311
11-08-2018, 11:35 AM
Where and who said that? Can you please quote their posts for me?

As for me, I'm not a fan of them (not as much against as bully!), but in some cases it's necessary for a variety of reasons. In this case, with endless folks trying to enter the country, the majority of them illegally, and many then claiming asylum - a process should be clarified to protect our country.

Outside of that, I do in fact prefer things to go the 'long' route, as then I believe it will be around longer as well, as in not turned over by the next prez.

But at any rate, before we discuss further, I'll await the quotes from your accusation...

It's just amazingly convenient that the EOs that you deem proper are the ones you support.

jimnyc
11-08-2018, 11:37 AM
It's just amazingly convenient that the EOs that you deem proper are the ones you support.

Whatever. Go away like a little gnat if you can't discuss subjects and your intent is always to troll. Want to come back and discuss? I'm here if that's your chosen option.

Elessar
11-08-2018, 12:06 PM

What part of an EO in SUPPORT of FEDERAL LAW do you fail to understand?

Obama's EO to open the floodgates to the 'Dreamers' was in defiance of Federal Law, thus illegal.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-08-2018, 04:21 PM
The president has far reaching powers over immigration, and with the mongrel democrats in congress, it will NEVER get fixed, so an EO is the president only recourse. So just do it and let the supreme court decide if it's constitutional... which they will.

So sorry the democrats flooding of America with undocumented democrat voters will cease... just breaks my heart.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Just found this on twitter. Looks like the flood gates on undocumented democrat voters have just been slammed shut...

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/doj-and-dhs-issue-new-asylum-rule

Elessar
11-08-2018, 05:48 PM
Just found this on twitter. Looks like the flood gates on undocumented democrat voters have just been slammed shut...

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/doj-and-dhs-issue-new-asylum-rule

That is dynamite!

Bye-bye whiners supporting lawbreakers.

Gunny
11-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Now you guys love EOsActually, Einstein, I was just thinking it was rather redundant to write an EO that reiterates what the law already states.

But thanks for playing :rolleyes: