PDA

View Full Version : Men and the recent shooting

Abbey Marie
11-09-2018, 08:31 AM
A quote from women in a video about the California shooting:

God bless ‘toxic masculinity’ like this: “There were multiple men that got on their knees and pretty much blocked all of us...ready to take a bullet for any single one of us."

Also very applicable to our military.

Any feminists/liberals reading this care to comment on how you continually trash men, yet they are (incredibly), still willing to protect us?

Noir
11-09-2018, 08:55 AM
If a woman protected a man from being shot would you think less of it?

jimnyc
11-09-2018, 09:03 AM

God bless ‘toxic masculinity’ like this: “There were multiple men that got on their knees and pretty much blocked all of us...ready to take a bullet for any single one of us."

Any feminists/liberals reading this care to comment on how you continually trash men, yet they are (incredibly), still willing to protect us?

99 out of 100 of those "men" sure as F ain't liberal weenies, that's for damn sure!

jimnyc
11-09-2018, 09:07 AM

What a fucking retarded statement. So since Abbey thinks highly of men that are still willing to stand up and defend women - that somehow means that she would think less of women who did the same?

2+2= 19 *gobble gobble* :rolleyes:

Noir
11-09-2018, 09:19 AM
What a fucking retarded statement. So since Abbey thinks highly of men that are still willing to stand up and defend women - that somehow means that she would think less of women who did the same?

2+2= 19 *gobble gobble* :rolleyes:

If A is greater than B then it follows that B is less than A.
If A and B are equal, then in what way would it matter in what order A and B are in?

jimnyc
11-09-2018, 09:25 AM
If A and B are equal, then in what way would it matter in what order A and B are in?

A and B bullshit. What the hell does any of that have to do with what Abbey posted to begin with? What is the point of your question and how does it apply to what she stated? Is there a relation somehow? Because she applauded the mens actions you instantly want to point at her as if she doesn't think a woman can do this or that, or that she would look at them differently somehow?

Seems to ME like she got to you a few thousand times in the past with proving you wrong - and ever since it's been your mission to :poke: at Abbey and everything she posts somehow. I get it, but...

Don't bother, you're not even in the same universe as her.

Gunny
11-09-2018, 09:28 AM
If A and B are equal, then in what way would it matter in what order A and B are in?YOUR POINT is that because you are more than willing to hide behind a skirt you think all men should do the same so as not to make you feel the inadequacy you rightly feel?

Wimp.

Noir
11-09-2018, 09:31 AM
A and B bullshit. What the hell does any of that have to do with what Abbey posted to begin with? What is the point of your question and how does it apply to what she stated? Is there a relation somehow? Because she applauded the mens actions you instantly want to point at her as if she doesn't think a woman can do this or that, or that she would look at them differently somehow?

Seems to ME like she got to you a few thousand times in the past with proving you wrong - and ever since it's been your mission to :poke: at Abbey and everything she posts somehow. I get it, but...

Don't bother, you're not even in the same universe as her.

The "A and B bullshit" is a simple logical concept, that i thought was appropriate given your "2+2=19" comment.

The point of my question is to understand why Abbey thinks the story from the OP is remarkable.

Gunny
11-09-2018, 09:34 AM
The "A and B bullshit" is a simple logical concept, that i thought was appropriate given your "2+2=19" comment.

The point of my question is to understand why Abbey thinks the story from the OP is remarkable.

Wait for it ..... because of people like YOU :lmao:

High_Plains_Drifter
11-09-2018, 09:35 AM

And there is your EVER present, inane, moronic, irrelevant leftist liberal psychobabble.

A, B, B^ A< A B> A A B.... sheeeeezuz... just STFU.

Abbey Marie
11-09-2018, 10:28 AM
Wait for it ..... because of people like YOU :lmao:

Damn, Gunny. Laser-intelligence and wit.

Abbey Marie
11-09-2018, 10:30 AM

How’s about you just answer the question, deflector-in-chief?

Noir
11-09-2018, 10:36 AM
How’s about you just answer the question, deflector-in-chief?

I think the question implies loading that I don't view as important.
People protected other people, variables like age, sex, religion, race etc may be applied afterwards for narrative, but i think the narrative is unnecessary.

If you want the narrative to be important, or at the very least think it is, then fair enough.

Though there is a good argument to be made by narrative for the motivations of a mass murderer - assuming they have made it clear.

jimnyc
11-09-2018, 10:41 AM
deflector-in-chief?

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!! :beer:

High_Plains_Drifter
11-09-2018, 10:47 AM
People protected other people, variables like age, sex, religion, race etc may be applied afterwards for narrative, but i think the narrative is unnecessary.

If you want the narrative to be important, or at the very least think it is, then fair enough.

Though there is a good argument to be made by narrative for the motivations of a mass murderer - assuming they have made it clear.
------------------ http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

Gunny
11-09-2018, 11:02 AM

:smoke:

Abbey Marie
11-09-2018, 02:18 PM

What narrative?

Simple facts, of which you are quite aware, using your A and B symbols:

A. In this country, especially very recently, liberals/ feminists have started a whole movement to make people aware that men are vicious predators. Including dragging an innocent man’s reputation through the mud based on virtually nothing. He deserved it, because, wait for it, he’s a man.
B. Yet, even in this awful climate where they are despised, these men in CA protected women when it could likely mean losing their own life. As do the military.

Now, I am wondering what your world is like that you *seem* to not understand why it is remarkable that any man these days would be willing to protect women he doesn’t even know.
Even to the point of self-sacrifice.

And why wouldn’t a woman protect men if they are capable? Women today aren’t being stereotyped and blamed and despised and publicly ridiculed like men are.

Noir
11-09-2018, 03:58 PM
Now, I am wondering what your world is like that you *seem* to not understand why it is remarkable that any man these days would be willing to protect women he doesn’t even know.
Even to the point of self-sacrifice.

Interesting that it’s not remarkable to me, but it is to you. Which would imply my expectation of reality is better than yours, at least when applied to this case.

Abbey Marie
11-09-2018, 04:02 PM
Interesting that it’s not remarkable to me, but it is to you. Which would imply my expectation of reality is better than yours, at least when applied to this case.

What is an “expectation of reality? It’s either reality, or it’s not.

Noir
11-09-2018, 05:12 PM
What is an “expectation of reality? It’s either reality, or it’s not.

...like, we both have expectations, and reality either verifies or refutes these expectations.

You apparently find the OP remarkable because it is not what you expect, for whatever reason. When I do not find it remarkable.

aboutime
11-09-2018, 05:26 PM

Noir. Your statement above is very telling. It appears to me. You and those who live where you do, are complacent, and willing to turn a blind eye to such REMARKABLE happenings. Truth is. That is exactly what is going wrong around the World.

It is easier to just accept the abnormal as just another hurdle to cross. But here in the U.S. We have higher expectations of other human beings. Call it naive if you like, but our Freedoms, and Liberties have higher expectations that ALL HUMANS Do Not have to accept what you call UNREMARKABLE. That is the Reality we enjoy, expect, and hope to see from all people.

Our last president, and our present day liberal politicians thrive on appeasement, looking the other way...as to not hurt anyone's feelings, or insult them if they HATE, and want to KILL us.
You can have that kind of life. As for ME, and I suspect, other Americans. We do not want life to be that way.

Gunny
11-09-2018, 06:24 PM
...like, we both have expectations, and reality either verifies or refutes these expectations.

You apparently find the OP remarkable because it is not what you expect, for whatever reason. When I do not find it remarkable.Reality is that it's a damned crying shame that ANYONE find anything remarkable about men acting like men. You are only correct in that it should not be noteworthy because it shouldn't even be a question.

YOU are on the wrong side of this and should have just kept your wrong opinion to yourself. Best I can tell, you probably have a 3 page recipe for boiling that contains neither water nor source of heat as ingredient and means, respectively.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-09-2018, 07:49 PM
Yep... all that wonderful psychoanalysis and psychobabble of what is actually an incredibly basic concept. "MEN ACT LIKE MEN AND PROTECT WOMEN."

It takes a rather robust state of mental dysfunction and chaos to think that simple premise is such that it requires voluminous dissection to understand.

Liberals... pfft... morons. Pretending to be such intellectuals when in reality all they're doing is looking like imbeciles.

Elessar
11-09-2018, 08:04 PM

Must you always be so damn obtuse and contrary to the theme of a thread?

Gawd Boy, you need to get out of the basement once and a while!

tailfins
11-10-2018, 08:05 PM

I would think more of it because unicorn sightings are so unusual.

http://www.animatedimages.org/data/media/477/animated-unicorn-image-0006.gif

aboutime
11-11-2018, 02:27 PM

Why would you ask such a dumb question in the first place? Guess you've never seen a woman wearing a military uniform in Afghanistan, or Iraq. Or...how bout Women Police Officers who would WASTE their time...Protecting someone like you??

SassyLady
11-12-2018, 07:55 PM

Abbey ... C&W bar.....God bless toxic masculinity.

SassyLady
11-12-2018, 07:57 PM

No. Anyone willing to step in front of a bullet for another is extraordinary. However, I for one, am happy to be surrounded by toxic masculinity so I don't have to worry I'm the only one looking out for others.

darin
11-13-2018, 02:47 AM
Men protect women because women are more vulnerable, as a whole, and more valuable. It's genetic, innate behaviour stemming from thousands and thousands of years of societal evolution and as a practice represents some of the best characteristics of men and women.

For men it shows their regard for the importance of their mates; of women. Men shielding women from harm is testament to mens' trust and value and importance placed upon women - it's not because women are weak that Men shield women, its because the man is attempting to allow her to live-on, to care for children; to care for the household. It's an act of ultimate humility and by that, becomes about the most-macho, manly thing a man could do. If a man could do such things because vast swaths of modern western society emasculates men to the point women are sometimes confused and try to do it all...managing societal households AND protecting the sniveling cry-baby man-child.

Abbey Marie
11-13-2018, 10:59 AM
Corollary question: Imagine that we had a modern-day version of the sinking Titanic, with the same exact issues (no help coming in time, limited # lifeboats, etc.
Would the men still willingly give the women and children the seats on the lifeboats? Not their wives, but women they do not know at all?
Or would they shove those women aside, and take an “every man for himself” attitude?
Same goes for a food shortage, or any life and death emergency.

SassyLady
11-19-2018, 06:42 AM
Corollary question: Imagine that we had a modern-day version of the sinking Titanic, with the same exact issues (no help coming in time, limited # lifeboats, etc.
Would the men still willingly give the women and children the seats on the lifeboats? Not their wives, but women they do not know at all?
Or would they shove those women aside, and take an “every man for himself” attitude?

A good man will.

Noir
11-19-2018, 07:54 AM

Some people would willingly sacrifice themselves, others would do everything they could to survive, the hindsight arbitration of ‘you should of done X’ because of their sex, age, dependents, etc. is something the survivors can argue over afterwards.