PDA

View Full Version : Banned from a thread

Yurt
08-27-2007, 07:47 PM
If someone is banned from a thread, how is it possible to tell? For instance, if the mod bans them and the mods post, (assuming there needs to be one) stating the ban, is not until late in the thread, how can one who sees BS or something they want to reply to early in thread, know that the poster cannot reply?

I admit to not reading the entire thread before I reply to most posts I see at the beginning/middle..... I don't think one should have too.

:cool:

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 07:59 PM
How do you get banned from a thread?

diuretic
08-27-2007, 08:02 PM
It's a good option for a mod, sort of like using a taser rather than a firearm for a cop. If the heat gets to the point where a thread is likely to get derailed then a mod has the ability to ban an individual from that thread but still allow them to contribute in other threads. That's a lot better than banning someone from a forum (unless they're an outright troll).

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 08:05 PM
What would be the infractions one would have to commit to get banned from a thread?

LiberalNation
08-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Beating an admin in a debate, doing anything in a debate a admin doesn't like.

jimnyc
08-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Or generally being outright stupid, as LN displays with every other one of her posts.

If anyone has a question pertaining to the rules or actions of staff, PM me. We will not be discussing staff actions in the forums.