PDA

View Full Version : CNN and Jim Acosta file lawsuit against Trump administration

jimnyc
11-12-2018, 08:13 AM
Here's a tissue, Ms. Acosta http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/sad/smiley-face-crying.gif

---

Report: CNN and Jim Acosta file lawsuit against Trump administration

CNN and Jim Acosta are allegedly suing the Trump administration for removing the press credentials of the controversial reporter following a tense incident Wednesday during a news conference at the White House.

According to ABC’s former White House correspondent Sam Donaldson, Acosta and his employer filed a lawsuit and are expecting a court hearing in the upcoming week.

The news came during an episode of CNN’s “Reliable Sources,” when Donaldson told host Brian Stelter that he had been asked by the network to give an affidavit in support of Acosta.

Yet a CNN spokesperson would not say that it was going ahead with any legal action against the Trump administration, telling The Hill that “no decisions have been made.”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/11/report-cnn-jim-acosta-lawsuit-trump/

Elessar
11-12-2018, 11:10 AM
This is typical of some liberals. Behave like a spoiled or violent brat,
get admonished or penalized for the behavior.

Then turn around and sue. How weak can they be?

Abbey Marie
11-12-2018, 03:18 PM
Let them waste their money.

aboutime
11-12-2018, 03:24 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dh_1hQrUEAA0m7v.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_thumb/1053410756526596096/pu/img/PaJ9mGLUw58c811S.jpg

https://truthfeed.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/JIM-ACOSTA-TANTRUM-009-01-800x416.jpg

Black Diamond
11-12-2018, 04:08 PM
The aide should file assault charges against Acosta in retaliation.

Noir
11-14-2018, 07:10 PM
It would appear that the media/news companies and a number of journalists are supporting Acosta’s suit, comments like "Secret Service passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized" seems to be the spirit of his support.

Black Diamond
11-14-2018, 07:56 PM
It would appear that the media/news companies and a number of journalists are supporting Acosta’s suit, comments like "Secret Service passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized" seems to be the spirit of his support.
They support him because he is anti trump.

Abbey Marie
11-14-2018, 08:13 PM
FWIW, Bob Woodward thinks the suit is dumb.

Noir
11-15-2018, 12:37 AM
They support him because he is anti trump.

Including Fox News?

Black Diamond
11-15-2018, 12:51 AM
Including Fox News?

I don't know what you're talking about but fox News is full of actors and shows.

Elessar
11-15-2018, 12:56 AM
Including Fox News?

Have you fixed the U.K. Yet?

Figure not. Too woosie to try that there.

Media sometimes sticks together, for the wrong means.

Being a harsh, demanding 'reporter' does not give one leave to disrupt a press
conference and deny other reporters their stage time. When one demands to stand
over the others, they should be closed down. It gives none of the others a chance to
give their planned questions.

Acosta thinks he stands on a golden pedestal. He is a cowardly, conniving piece of
shit that is used to people caving into his abuse.

He found the WRONG opponent in Pres Trump.

Noir
11-15-2018, 06:02 AM
I don't know what you're talking about but fox News is full of actors and shows.

Fox News (among others) are supporting Acosta’s legal suit. Do you think they are doing so because he’s ‘anti-trump’?

Media sometimes sticks together, for the wrong means.

Being a harsh, demanding 'reporter' does not give one leave to disrupt a press
conference and deny other reporters their stage time. When one demands to stand
over the others, they should be closed down. It gives none of the others a chance to
give their planned questions.

Which begs more the question of why so many media outlets are siding with Acosta when they (and their reporters) would of been the ones who were losing out to his actions.

Elessar
11-15-2018, 10:11 AM
Fox News (among others) are supporting Acosta’s legal suit. Do you think they are doing so because he’s ‘anti-trump’?

Which begs more the question of why so many media outlets are siding with Acosta when they (and their reporters) would of been the ones who were losing out to his actions.

Why don't you ask them?

Noir
11-15-2018, 10:23 AM
Why don't you ask them?

I don’t think any of them post here.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-15-2018, 10:23 AM

In America, "media," aka, "mainstream media," of which fox news, owned by the Fox "ENTERTAINMENT" Group, is increasingly becoming a part of, is nothing more than the DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING.

When 95%+ of all reporting on our president is NEGATIVE, you've answered your own question.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-15-2018, 10:25 AM
I don’t think any of them post here.
So if Elessar had suggested you go upstairs and ask your mommy a question, you couldn't have asked her a question either, because she doesn't post here?

Dumbass.

Black Diamond
11-15-2018, 02:38 PM

So everyone at fox News is defending him? Sean Hannity? Laura Ingraham? Tucker Carlson?

jimnyc
11-15-2018, 02:42 PM
So everyone at fox News is defending him? Sean Hannity? Laura Ingraham? Tucker Carlson?

They, as in the agency, as in those in charge who have something to lose... aka $$$

Black Diamond
11-15-2018, 02:59 PM
They, as in the agency, as in those in charge who have something to lose... aka $$$
I just thought of this. I remember Rupert Murdoch donating to hillarys campaign

Noir
11-15-2018, 03:21 PM

Not what I said, no.

What do Fox have to lose from Acosta having his pass removed?

jimnyc
11-15-2018, 03:26 PM
Not what I said, no.

What do Fox have to lose from Acosta having his pass removed?

Easy - precedent.

Black Diamond
11-15-2018, 03:36 PM
Easy - precedent.

Good point. Next time a Democrat is in the white house even it's 20 years from now they will quote this incident.

jimnyc
11-15-2018, 03:38 PM
Good point. Next time a Democrat is in the white house even it's 20 years from now they will quote this incident.

Absolutely, and that's why any agency will support CNN, 'just in case'.

If you recall, Obama considered Fox "the enemy" and also saw a few others with passes as not legit agencies. It's likely best to not allow such a precedent is what they're thinking, as then another Obama may in fact then do the same to them in return.

Noir
11-15-2018, 05:01 PM
So this event if unchallenged can be used as a precedent to stifle press freedoms. Huh.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-15-2018, 05:14 PM
Absolutely, and that's why any agency will support CNN, 'just in case'.

Not any... https://truepundit.com/conservative-outlet-one-america-news-slams-cnn-activist-acosta-sides-with-white-house-in-press-legal-battle/

aboutime
11-15-2018, 05:56 PM
So this event if unchallenged can be used as a precedent to stifle press freedoms. Huh.

No precedent for anything, challenged, or unchallenged. The WHITE HOUSE is the President's temporary Home, provided by "The PEOPLE". He has the power. Just as You do. To keep anyone he wants OUT OF HIS TEMPORARY HOME.

Acosta, and CNN are just blowing smoke up one-another's ass at this point.

No Rights, according to the U.S. Constitution, have been threatened, or taken away..merely because Acosta, the CNN Crybaby, who needs to get all the attention...Said so..

I dare you to show ALL OF US. Exactly WHICH RIGHTS Acosta, and CNN have lost, or been denied.

Let us know, since you obviously want us to believe ONLY YOU have the answer. Okay?

High_Plains_Drifter
11-15-2018, 06:30 PM
These White House sponsored press briefings IN the White House weren't even around until...

-------------------------------------

1969-1970
The Creation of the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room by the General Services Administration (GSA), the White House, and the Vosbeck, Vosbeck, Kendrick, and Redinger Firm in Alexandria, Virginia. Now referred to as the ‘Press Briefing Room’, it is still used for press conferences, workspace, and broadcasting.

-------------------------------------

... and if President Trump had shut down the whole show and canceled all press briefings going forward, I could understand the all the cry baby bull shit coming from the different propaganda wings, but all he did was remove ONE BAD APPLE that DESERVED to be removed IN SPADES. He should have been BITCHED SLAPPED on his way out the door. The guy is an arrogant, disrespectful, loud mouthed, leftist shit stain.

Noir
11-15-2018, 07:37 PM
No precedent for anything, challenged, or unchallenged. The WHITE HOUSE is the President's temporary Home, provided by "The PEOPLE". He has the power. Just as You do. To keep anyone he wants OUT OF HIS TEMPORARY HOME.

Acosta, and CNN are just blowing smoke up one-another's ass at this point.

No Rights, according to the U.S. Constitution, have been threatened, or taken away..merely because Acosta, the CNN Crybaby, who needs to get all the attention...Said so..

I dare you to show ALL OF US. Exactly WHICH RIGHTS Acosta, and CNN have lost, or been denied.

Let us know, since you obviously want us to believe ONLY YOU have the answer. Okay?

Take it up with Jim and Black Diamond, they brought up the ‘precedent’ reasoning as to why Fox would be supporting Acosta’s case, not me.

Do you have a different reason as to why fox would support Acosta?

aboutime
11-15-2018, 08:16 PM
Take it up with Jim and Black Diamond, they brought up the ‘precedent’ reasoning as to why Fox would be supporting Acosta’s case, not me.

Do you have a different reason as to why fox would support Acosta?

Protect yourself by avoiding having to actually answer the question? That's exactly how ACOSTA and the CNN Lawyers would be doing it too!

Your ability to sidestep, deflect, and resort to nearly blaming others...merely to avoid being held responsible, or accountable for actually answering a question, or presenting a logical thought is TELLING...Liberally, Progressively, and Almost American, Radically Democrat.

If you can't honestly present any kind of answer...OF YOUR OWN. Why bother pretending to be as smart as you want us to believe you are?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1o0KG9AXQ8Qi6wCuNEClyfqDHhaMNs thY6qvmWbhLCaMbjrmnjA

Gunny
11-15-2018, 09:15 PM
You come to MY party as a guest and disrupt it, then continue disrupting it after being told to stop, you're ass is getting kicked out on the sidewalk and you won't be asked back.

Pretty simple damned rule.

Now, if our great, crooked judiciary rules against Trump, all I can say is I would just ignore the f*ck like he didn't exist. The President is not required to call on anyone specifically.

Acosta is not the first to be told he can't come back. That is not the same as saying CNN can't come back. As long as Trump allows CNN the same access as every other media outlet has, f*ck Acosta.

And f*ck Fox News.

BTW, anyone know of any law that says the President is required to hold press conferences? I don't.

Noir
11-16-2018, 07:27 AM
Protect yourself by avoiding having to actually answer the question? That's exactly how ACOSTA and the CNN Lawyers would be doing it too!

Your ability to sidestep, deflect, and resort to nearly blaming others...merely to avoid being held responsible, or accountable for actually answering a question, or presenting a logical thought is TELLING...Liberally, Progressively, and Almost American, Radically Democrat.

If you can't honestly present any kind of answer...OF YOUR OWN. Why bother pretending to be as smart as you want us to believe you are?

Your post was how a precedent would not be set. I was not the one who said it was. - Jim and Black Diamond said it could, in response to my question about why Fox are doing what they’re doing.

So if you contention is with whether or not a precedent can be set, it only makes sense to direct that to the people in the thread who have said so.

jimnyc
11-16-2018, 09:02 AM
It's quite EASY, Noir...

If the president tosses someone - and it's now being decided by a court - and if they allow it - then obviously the precedent set is that it is obviously allowable under certain circumstances. That is not good for any station no matter who you may support.

Clear?

Or will you deflect and say "ask AT" or whatever. It's truly that simple, it's about precedent and the law and not about who supports who over an incident.

pete311
11-16-2018, 10:33 AM
Judge orders Acosta to get back pass due to lack of proper process by admin
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/16/judge-orders-trump-administration-to-restore-cnn-reporter-jim-acostas-white-house-press-pass.html

Gunny
11-16-2018, 10:57 AM
Judge orders Acosta to get back pass due to lack of proper process by admin
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/16/judge-orders-trump-administration-to-restore-cnn-reporter-jim-acostas-white-house-press-pass.htmlFuck the judge, fuck Acosta, and fuck YOU for supporting such shit. Proper admin my ass.

"HOLD THE LINE CEASE FIRE! The bullets are flying right fucking now but we need to check and make sure we can shoot backand our bullets have all the proper paperwork before we do":rolleyes: Go fuck yourself, pussy.

pete311
11-16-2018, 10:59 AM
Fuck the judge, fuck Acosta, and fuck YOU for supporting such shit. Proper admin my ass.

"HOLD THE LINE CEASE FIRE! The bullets are flying right fucking now but we need to check and make sure we can shoot backand our bullets have all the proper paperwork before we do":rolleyes: Go fuck yourself, pussy.

take your pills gunny, you got triggered hard

Gunny
11-16-2018, 11:06 AM
take your pills gunny, you got triggered hardAddressing me personally again, loser? I'd throw his ass out again in a heartbeat. Or cancel all press conferences. As we all know, Trump has Twitter.

Triggered? I'm fed up with your evil little empire ruining MY country. Leave or die. I'll be fine.

jimnyc
11-16-2018, 11:16 AM
So Acosta got his timeout, and now he's back. And I hope they do the same thing if he continues to act up. One does not have a constitutional right to be a disruption, even if they do have that right to be there as press and ask questions.

Either that, or I simply will have a TON of questions to answer from other folks. :)

Gunny
11-16-2018, 11:19 AM
So Acosta got his timeout, and now he's back. And I hope they do the same thing if he continues to act up. One does not have a constitutional right to be a disruption, even if they do have that right to be there as press and ask questions.

Either that, or I simply will have a TON of questions to answer from other folks. :)Yep. If Acosta was alone in the room I'd have the aide run the microphone over to the spider in the corner.

jimnyc
11-16-2018, 12:34 PM
Yep. If Acosta was alone in the room I'd have the aide run the microphone over to the spider in the corner.

I think Trump has purposely let the loudmouth get the mic over and over, and maybe to even fight a little himself. But I just wouldn't call on him as much anymore, if at all. There are plenty of others that very rarely get called upon, and for the next 6 years it'll simply be a little more for them, and a little less for CNN.

jimnyc
11-16-2018, 12:44 PM
Yups....

---

Federal judge sides with CNN, orders White House to restore Jim Acosta's press pass

In a preliminary ruling, a federal judge in Washington, D.C., sided with CNN on Friday in its lawsuit against President Trump, ordering the White House to immediately reinstate correspondent Jim Acosta’s press credentials.

U.S. District Court Judge Timothy J. Kelly, who was appointed by Trump, said the White House failed to provide Acosta due process in revoking his access, and he granted a temporary restraining order restoring it. Kelly noted that it was a “very limited” ruling, based on due-process considerations.

The judge said that Trump does not have to call on Acosta ever again but that the CNN chief White House correspondent is owed due process before the administration can revoke his “hard,” or permanent, press pass.

“Whatever process occurred within the government is still so shrouded in mystery that the government could not tell me at oral argument who made the initial decision to revoke Mr. Acosta’s press pass,” Kelly said.

CNN had been seeking to restore Acosta’s credentials as the network’s First Amendment case against the White House goes forward.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/federal-judge-sides-cnn-orders-white-house-restore-jim-acostas-press-pass-164619698.html

jimnyc
11-16-2018, 01:01 PM
As I was saying, precedent is what a lot care about.

---

Judge: White House has to reinstate Jim Acosta's press pass

A judge issued an injunction on Friday morning ordering the White House to reinstate CNN’s Jim Acosta’s press pass, arguing that Acosta’s First Amendment rights trump the White House’s right to an orderly press room.

Judge Timothy J. Kelly was initially expected to make an announcement in the case on Thursday at 3 p.m. EST, but the announcement was delayed until Friday morning.

Kelly agreed with the White House that there is no First Amendment right to be on the White House grounds, but added that Acosta did not receive due process before his pass was revoked.

https://i.imgur.com/SVkAXvI.png

Judge Kelly, who was nominated by Trump in 2017, further explained that the president is not required to call on Acosta at press events but that Acosta’s First Amendment rights are more important than the White House being able to have orderly press conferences.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/16/cnn-judge-rules-trump-administration-lawsuit/

Black Diamond
11-16-2018, 01:03 PM
As I was saying, precedent is what a lot care about.

---

Judge: White House has to reinstate Jim Acosta's press pass

A judge issued an injunction on Friday morning ordering the White House to reinstate CNN’s Jim Acosta’s press pass, arguing that Acosta’s First Amendment rights trump the White House’s right to an orderly press room.

Judge Timothy J. Kelly was initially expected to make an announcement in the case on Thursday at 3 p.m. EST, but the announcement was delayed until Friday morning.

Kelly agreed with the White House that there is no First Amendment right to be on the White House grounds, but added that Acosta did not receive due process before his pass was revoked.

https://i.imgur.com/SVkAXvI.png

Judge Kelly, who was nominated by Trump in 2017, further explained that the president is not required to call on Acosta at press events but that Acosta’s First Amendment rights are more important than the White House being able to have orderly press conferences.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/16/cnn-judge-rules-trump-administration-lawsuit/

Sounds good. Be interesting to see what happens at next press conference.

jimnyc
11-16-2018, 01:04 PM
Cool. Acosta will be back. And rules will change and hopefully he will ultimately regret being the biggest pain in the ass ever as a reporter, and regret touching and preventing this intern from doing her job.

---

White House reacts to Jim Acosta court ruling

The White House will reinstate CNN reporter Jim Acosta’s press credentials Friday in response to a court ruling but said they would make changes to the way they run press conferences, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement.

“Today, the court made clear that there is no absolute First Amendment right to access the White House. In response to the court, we will temporarily reinstate the reporter’s hard pass,” Sanders said. “We will also further develop rules and processes to ensure fair and orderly press conferences in the future. There must be decorum at the White House.”

Judge Timothy J. Kelly issued an injunction Friday morning ordering the White House to reinstate Acosta’s credentials, saying his Fifth Amendment right to due process was violated. The judge made clear, however, that he made no ruling on whether the First Amendment right applies for any reporter to be at the White House.

Sanders statement is unclear on whether the White House will continue to contest the lawsuit to have a ruling made on First Amendment grounds. The White House revoked Acosta’s credentials last week claiming that he laid hands on an intern after refusing to surrender the microphone during a press conference.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/16/white-house-reacts-jim-acosta-court-ruling-press-pass/

Gunny
11-16-2018, 01:08 PM
Sounds good. Be interesting to see what happens at next press conference.That is a bullshit ruling. Screw his "precedent" if it is not lawful. WHAT First Amendment Right does Acosta have to be at a Presidential press conference? None.

I'd appeal the ruling. Everyone else has to follow the rules but some crybaby-ass CNN Dem who abuses the legal system doesn't. Fuck THAT. The Dems need to start getting their ases slapped hard, and so do justices ruling outside the law.

In th emeatime, I'd pretend the fucker wasn't there.

Gunny
11-16-2018, 01:28 PM
So you have the right to due process even if your behavior requires immediate action? Really. So how does this apply to all the losers the Dem's send into Congress to disrupt? What about THEIR due process?

The ruling is bullshit and it isn't about Acosta nor Trump. It should be appealed because it is a stupid ruling.

Black Diamond
11-16-2018, 01:32 PM
That is a bullshit ruling. Screw his "precedent" if it is not lawful. WHAT First Amendment Right does Acosta have to be at a Presidential press conference? None.

I'd appeal the ruling. Everyone else has to follow the rules but some crybaby-ass CNN Dem who abuses the legal system doesn't. Fuck THAT. The Dems need to start getting their ases slapped hard, and so do justices ruling outside the law.

In th emeatime, I'd pretend the fucker wasn't there.

I would ignore him too but I doubt trump will. There will be some confrontation

Gunny
11-16-2018, 01:36 PM
I would ignore him too but I doubt trump will. There will be some confrontationI don't care if he goads him into something then kicks him out again.

It annoys the piss out of me that when I WANT Trump to be a dick, he isn't. He's got to be one about shit that doesn't matter.

Elessar
11-16-2018, 02:12 PM
So you have the right to due process even if your behavior requires immediate action? Really. So how does this apply to all the losers the Dem's send into Congress to disrupt? What about THEIR due process?

The ruling is bullshit and it isn't about Acosta nor Trump. It should be appealed because it is a stupid ruling.

I was wondering about that as well. What about all of the disrupters at the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings?

They were removed by Capitol Police. That should happen to Acosta as well, should he step out of line again.

Gunny
11-16-2018, 03:14 PM
I was wondering about that as well. What about all of the disrupters at the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings?

They were removed by Capitol Police. That should happen to Acosta as well, should he step out of line again.The ruling is wrong. Trump needs to appeal it just to have it shot down for the rest of the world.

I realize just jerking the rules to screw Acosta will handle it, but that ruling will remain on the books. If I start shooting up a school do I have a Right to due process or can the police stop me? Should be some damned common sense going on here.

aboutime
11-16-2018, 04:37 PM
Have a meeting of all 50 Badge holders who attend the Press briefings.

Tell them. If ACOSTA, or anyone else tries what HE DID again.

THE PRESS BRIEFING IS OVER. PERIOD...CAPUT'S, DONE, AND Everybody listen to FERRIS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1XgFsitnQw

Gunny
11-16-2018, 07:47 PM
Have a meeting of all 50 Badge holders who attend the Press briefings.

Tell them. If ACOSTA, or anyone else tries what HE DID again.

THE PRESS BRIEFING IS OVER. PERIOD...CAPUT'S, DONE, AND Everybody listen to FERRIS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1XgFsitnQwExactly my point, but I got waylaid by a bot looking for bots that said my IP had suspicious activity? I forgot what I was posting :laugh:

There are X number of badges and getting one is a privilege earned, not a Right. CNN itself does not have a "Right" to a badge and I have zero idea what due process has to do with it. THAT is a ridiculous assertion.

I agree with Sanders in that there should be and WILL BE decorum. The left thinks no rules apply to them. Fuck 'em. I'd TAILOR the rules specifically against the left. That isn't hard to do AND be fair. Just has to include the phrase "will behave or be removed". That screws the left right there.

In the meantime, I STILL would challenge the ruling legally. There is absolutely no common sense nor logic to it.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-16-2018, 08:28 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1o0KG9AXQ8Qi6wCuNEClyfqDHhaMNs thY6qvmWbhLCaMbjrmnjA

Or the little piss ant will just totally ignore you like he does me. I guess my brand of straight forward talk isn't something this little liberal snowflake can handle.

He runs to his safe space when I post. He's a little pussy... looks like one too.

Noir
11-17-2018, 03:23 AM
It's quite EASY, Noir...

If the president tosses someone - and it's now being decided by a court - and if they allow it - then obviously the precedent set is that it is obviously allowable under certain circumstances. That is not good for any station no matter who you may support.

Clear?

Or will you deflect and say "ask AT" or whatever. It's truly that simple, it's about precedent and the law and not about who supports who over an incident.

It might be obvious to you and me that it’s a precedent, but it is wasn’t to AT, c’est la vie.

Any roads the court agreed that the action taken was unreasonable so the story rolls on to the next press conference.

jimnyc
11-17-2018, 11:05 AM
It might be obvious to you and me that it’s a precedent, but it is wasn’t to AT, c’est la vie.

Any roads the court agreed that the action taken was unreasonable so the story rolls on to the next press conference.

The only thing they said that was unreasonable was the due process part, they never said that tossing him was wrong as of yet. The case will be continued It's still possible he gets tossed. And of course, him and others being a disruption can still be tossed on their ears if they continue.

jimnyc
11-17-2018, 11:39 AM
As it should be.

---

PRESIDENT TRUMP Responds to Court Ruling on Acosta: “If He Misbehaves, We’ll Throw Him Out”

President Trump put liberal hack reporters on Friday on notice.

Trump told Chris Wallace if Jim Acosta misbehaves in the future that –“We’ll throw him out.”

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/11/president-trump-responds-to-court-ruling-on-acosta-if-he-misbehaves-well-throw-him-out-video/

jimnyc
11-17-2018, 01:35 PM
Major Garrett Throws Shade on Jim Acosta: When President Says it’s Not Your Turn, You Give Up the Mic

CBS White House correspondent Major Garrett says he disagrees with how CNN’s Jim Acosta conducted himself in last week’s explosive tete-a-tete with President Trump.

Garrett spoke to Mediaite alum Larry O’Connor for his radio show on Friday, where he lamented the situation over CNN’s lawsuit against the Trump Administration for their revocation of Acosta’s press credentials. Garrett said he isn’t sure the White House will succeed in court with the legal argument they’re making against Acosta, though the lawsuit is “uncharted territory” in many ways and presents the judiciary with many new questions about press freedom.

The court has since ruled in favor of CNN and said Acosta’s press pass must be restored.

As Garrett talked about how he doesn’t make a habit of critiquing the journalistic styles of other reporters, O’Connor eventually asked him if there’s a “standard of conduct” that’s expected from the White House press pool. Garrett answered in the affirmative, and he recalled how he gave up the microphone at Trump’s latest presser after mistakenly thinking the president called upon him.

“Some of my colleagues might say ‘what did you do that for,'” Garrett said. “Some might say you laid down and were too deferential, I don’t feel that way…I deferred hoping he might call on me again, he didn’t, that’s how I orient myself to the institution…and I respect the institution and the country’s choice.”

In terms of whether Acosta’s actions were a breach of the code of conduct O’Connor asked about, Garrett said there was a point there, adding “I do my level best to not make myself part of story, and I think the best journalists operate that way.”

https://www.mediaite.com/online/major-garrett-throws-shade-on-jim-acosta-when-president-says-its-not-your-turn-you-give-up-the-mic/

Abbey Marie
11-18-2018, 06:40 AM
Courts favor injunctions as they allow the aggrieved party to continue or stopmwhatever it was they were doing while the court sorts it all out.

If I was in charge of this at the WH, as part of their new rules, I’d create a soft (temporary) pass, sort of a trial pass, which only renews after a period of acceptable behavior.

Next time Accost-her or anyone gets mouthy, throw him out and instead of revoking, suspend his pass pending further review. And really take your sweet time reviewing. Eventually they will all get the message.