PDA

View Full Version : Number of Witches in U.S. on the Rise, May Surpass 1.5 Million

jimnyc
11-17-2018, 05:42 PM
I wonder how our "Wiccan" member is? Hopefully all well.

I would not have guessed this many witches. To each their own I suppose.

---

Number of Witches in U.S. on the Rise, May Surpass 1.5 Million

A report in the Christian Post contends that the number of witches (and Wiccans) has dramatically increased since the 1990s, to the degree that there may be at least 1.5 million witches in the United States, which is higher than the 1.4 million mainline Presbyterians.

"[T]he practice of witchcraft has grown significantly in recent decades; those who identify as witches has risen concurrently with the rise of the 'witch aesthetic,'" reported the Christian Post in October, citing data from Quartz, a Trinity College study, and the Pew Research Center.

Between 1990 and 2008, the number of Wiccans in the United States grew from 8,000 to 340,000, according to three religious surveys conducted by Trinity College in Connecticut. In addition, the Pew Research Center reported in 2014 that 0.4% of the population -- 1 to 1.5 million Americans -- "identify as Wicca or Pagan."

Rest - https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/number-witches-us-rise-may-outnumber-presbyterians

High_Plains_Drifter
11-17-2018, 06:08 PM
I know a witch called Hermione. She's a good witch... :rolleyes:

Elessar
11-17-2018, 06:57 PM
I know a witch called Hermione. She's a good witch... :rolleyes:

That is amazing! I love the Harry Potter series!

High_Plains_Drifter
11-17-2018, 07:05 PM
That is amazing! I love the Harry Potter series!
Me too... right up there with my all time favorites. Got them all on bluray. I think the last one is probably the best, but that's not taking anything away from any of the others. Great movies.

Black Diamond
11-17-2018, 07:39 PM
Hexes have been leveled against trump and Kavanaugh

Abbey Marie
11-18-2018, 07:09 AM
Sign of the times. I don’t take this lightly.

Black Diamond
11-18-2018, 09:39 AM
Sign of the times. I don’t take this lightly.
You shouldn't.