PDA

View Full Version : Copycat avatar bastards!

jimnyc
08-28-2007, 06:10 AM
I'm very loyal to my avatar. Although I tested a few over the years, I found it too hard to do away with my usual "3 Rivers Stadium" commemoration avatar. I decided to try a new Steelers avatar for the new season that's about to start.

I noticed a few others have now updated theirs as well recognizing their favorite teams. Just as in the NFL, some will try and be like the Steelers in hope of reaching glory! :)

At least OCA is smart enough not to show off the gay niners logo! :laugh2:

diuretic
08-28-2007, 06:31 AM
You could always use a Terrible Towel :D

Pale Rider
08-28-2007, 09:02 AM
Yeah well... first comment I got about mine was, "it's vulgar,".... :laugh:

darin
08-28-2007, 09:08 AM
Only liberals would root for a team clearly guilty of paying-off NFL officials. :)

Green bay? Im a fan of Brett Favre. Still - BOTH y'alls avatars bow down to mine.

Jimmay - Seattle visits Pitt this year...we'll HAVE to wager. :)

Pale Rider
08-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Only liberals would root for a team clearly guilty of paying-off NFL officials. :)

Green bay? Im a fan of Brett Favre. Still - BOTH y'alls avatars bow down to mine.

I'd venture a guess that "you" created your avatar. Took a picture of a mug you have possilby?

darin
08-28-2007, 10:00 AM
Photo of a mug I found online, just cropped :)

Pale Rider
08-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Photo of a mug I found online, just cropped :)

Nice... too bad it's of a Sea Hawk mug... :laugh2:

darin
08-28-2007, 10:13 AM
The worst part about the seahawks is the vile, nasty, freedom-hating, white-christian-hetero-male-hating city which with the team is associated. :(

Pale Rider
08-28-2007, 10:17 AM
The worst part about the seahawks is the vile, nasty, freedom-hating, white-christian-hetero-male-hating city which with the team is associated. :(

I hear ya. I think it's horrible that MESSED UP PEOPLE have to inhabit such beautiful country and screw it up.

gabosaurus
08-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Though I have no interest whatsoever in football, I do own an authentic, original Terrible Towel. One of my best friends was born in Washington, Pennsylvania (just outside Pittsburgh). Her dad had several such items and gave me one of them.
Sort of neat to have an item that carries such history with it.

Abbey Marie
08-28-2007, 10:57 AM
I never change my avi, but if I did, in honor of the retired Tikster:

http://www.edgenewyork.com/images/uploads/feature_1431.jpg

jimnyc
08-28-2007, 02:26 PM
You could always use a Terrible Towel :D

I'm very superstitious! Terrible Towels can only be used on gameday! I have 3 of them in assorted variations, but only one gets the job on gameday. Towel gets waved when they're on defense and I have a Steelers football for when their on O!

How does an Aussie know about the towel?

jimnyc
08-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Yeah well... first comment I got about mine was, "it's vulgar,".... :laugh:

It is, and his too! When I see both I want to puke! :)

jimnyc
08-28-2007, 02:27 PM

What shall the wager be? I'm kinda broke, so it's gotta be something less interesting than money!

jimnyc
08-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Though I have no interest whatsoever in football, I do own an authentic, original Terrible Towel. One of my best friends was born in Washington, Pennsylvania (just outside Pittsburgh). Her dad had several such items and gave me one of them.
Sort of neat to have an item that carries such history with it.

Invented by "Myron Cope", the voice of the Steelers in the Super 70's!

jimnyc
08-28-2007, 02:29 PM
I never change my avi, but if I did, in honor of the retired Tikster:

Jackass is gonna be mad that you're using his lover as your avatar! :laugh2:

dan
08-28-2007, 02:50 PM
On the topic of avatars, is there any way to make the max. size bigger? I've been wanting to change mine for a while, but I can't find one that this board'll take. And I'm stealing them all from other boards!

A lot of boards I go to shrink avatars down, which I guess saves space, but it seems kind of pointless to have a pic of anything if it's the size of a Chicklet.

gabosaurus
08-28-2007, 02:51 PM
From what I have heard, Towels are very sacred items to Steeler fans and can only be used for certain things at certain times.

As for avatars, I prefer mine. Saluting a REAL championship team.

Abbey Marie
08-28-2007, 02:51 PM

I had no idea! :laugh2:

jackass
08-28-2007, 02:54 PM

I tried to give her reps but have to spread it around. Didnt realize we had a fellow G-men fan!!

I wouldnt use Tiki though. Kinda disappointed in his ousting of Eli. Brings him down a notch in my book. :(

darin
08-28-2007, 02:55 PM
What shall the wager be? I'm kinda broke, so it's gotta be something less interesting than money!

You changing your avatar to a seahawks logo of MY choosing until the end of the season? :)

Abbey Marie
08-28-2007, 02:56 PM
I tried to give her reps but have to spread it around. Didnt realize we had a fellow G-men fan!!

I wouldnt use Tiki though. Kinda disappointed in his ousting of Eli. Brings him down a notch in my book. :(

I was going to use LT, but I figured some people here wouldn't even know who he was. You know, the ones we want to join the pool. :laugh2:

jackass
08-28-2007, 02:58 PM
From what I have heard, Towels are very sacred items to Steeler fans and can only be used for certain things at certain times.

I use my terrible towel to clean my toilet.

OCA
08-28-2007, 03:01 PM
At least OCA is smart enough not to show off the gay niners logo! :laugh2:

Yeah bitch! Check out the new avatar douchebag!

1st to 5 baby! On the road to 6!:dance:

Abbey Marie
08-28-2007, 03:03 PM
God, I love sports pools. Woohoo!

jimnyc
08-28-2007, 03:07 PM
On the topic of avatars, is there any way to make the max. size bigger? I've been wanting to change mine for a while, but I can't find one that this board'll take. And I'm stealing them all from other boards!

A lot of boards I go to shrink avatars down, which I guess saves space, but it seems kind of pointless to have a pic of anything if it's the size of a Chicklet.

Currently we allow avatars up to 200x200, which is increased from the default size and much larger than most boards allow!

jimnyc
08-28-2007, 03:08 PM

Gameday should be the only time you bring out the towel. Even on Sunday night against the Eagles, a pre-season game, they were out in the thousands!

jimnyc
08-28-2007, 03:10 PM
You changing your avatar to a seahawks logo of MY choosing until the end of the season? :)

Steelers win - you use my avatar until end of the regular season.
Seahawks win - I use your avatar until the end of the regular season.

Deal?

jimnyc
08-28-2007, 03:11 PM
I use my terrible towel to clean my toilet.

I hope a transvestite breaks into your home tonight and sodomizes you! :laugh2:

jimnyc
08-28-2007, 03:11 PM

Great, from a shit taco to a shit team! LOL

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Here's an Avatar just for you Jimmy! :laugh2:

darin
08-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Steelers win - you use my avatar until end of the regular season.
Seahawks win - I use your avatar until the end of the regular season.

Deal?

Steelers win - you use my avatar until the end of the season.
Seahawks win - you use my avatar until the end of the season.

Deal?

jimnyc
08-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Here's an Avatar just for you Jimmy! :laugh2:

That's not funny. Now I'll break out my voodoo doll and poke you in your fucking eyes!

jimnyc
08-28-2007, 03:15 PM

Deal?

Nice try ya dirty bastard!

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 03:42 PM

Deal?

I think if you win Jimmy should have to use MY avatar. :laugh2:

diuretic
08-28-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm very superstitious! Terrible Towels can only be used on gameday! I have 3 of them in assorted variations, but only one gets the job on gameday. Towel gets waved when they're on defense and I have a Steelers football for when their on O!

How does an Aussie know about the towel?

Terry Bradshaw told me :coffee:

In truth I was watching a Steelers game many years ago on tv here and was intrigued to see the crowd waving the towels. I thought it was a hoot, luckily the commentator took a few minute to discuss the TT phenomenon.

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Terry Bradshaw told me :coffee:

In truth I was watching a Steelers game many years ago on tv here and was intrigued to see the crowd waving the towels. I thought it was a hoot, luckily the commentator took a few minute to discuss the TT phenomenon.

You actually watched a Squeelers game?!?

Pale Rider
08-28-2007, 04:12 PM

WHAT - IN - THE - FUCK???!!! You're using an avatar for a team representing the largest FAGGOT town in America?

What the fuck is wrong with you? :eek:

typomaniac
08-28-2007, 04:35 PM
WHAT - IN - THE - FUCK???!!! You're using an avatar for a team representing the largest FAGGOT town in America?

Well, if someone can use an avatar for the Fudge Packers... :laugh2:

OCA
08-28-2007, 04:46 PM

San Francisco is a beautiful city, one of the top 5 in the world, every city has a shitload of queers, actually NYC has more queers but is a larger area so S.F. has more queers per square mile.

Anyway S.F. has so much more to offer than lib political views and queers............it has.......5 Super Bowl victories.

Pale Rider
08-28-2007, 05:29 PM
San Francisco is a beautiful city, one of the top 5 in the world, every city has a shitload of queers, actually NYC has more queers but is a larger area so S.F. has more queers per square mile.

Anyway S.F. has so much more to offer than lib political views and queers............it has.......5 Super Bowl victories.

Just like Darin was saying... too bad the Seattle Sea Hawks have to be from Seattle. I said too bad fucked up people have to move into such beautiful places and mess it up.

How did you get to rooting for the 49'ers when you live on the opposite end the country?

I got no reason to hang my head as a Packer fan....

The Green Bay Packers have won more championships -- 12 -- than any other team in National Football League history.

They won their first three by league standing (1929, 1930 and 1931), and nine since the NFL's playoff system was established in 1933 (1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967 and 1996).

Green Bay also is the only NFL team to win three straight titles, having done it twice (1929-30-31 and 1965-66-67).

In addition, the Packers won the first two Super Bowls (over Kansas City in 1966, 35-10, and over Oakland in 1967, 33-14), as well as a more recent one (over New England in 1996, 35-21).

Since the league implemented a playoff system in 1933, the Packers have played in the NFL's deciding game 12 times (10 NFL title appearances from 1936-67, two Super Bowls after the 1970 merger). Only the Giants (17) have played for more titles.

Most NFL Championships: Green Bay Packers 12, Chicago Bears 9, New York Giants 6, Dallas Cowboys 5, Pittsburgh Steelers 5, San Francisco 49ers 5, Washington Redskins 5, Cleveland Browns 4, Detroit Lions 4, Indianapolis/Baltimore Colts 4.

http://www.packers.com/history/super_bowls_and_championships/

Pale Rider
08-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Well, if someone can use an avatar for the Fudge Packers... :laugh2:

Take some friendly advice typo... you gotta get anal sex off your mind man... :finger3:

diuretic
08-28-2007, 05:36 PM
You actually watched a Squeelers game?!?

Of course - among others. You get one game a week on free to air you learn to put aside your own favourite just to watch the game....but I have to say that being at work for Superbowl XXXIV was a bit rough....

Pale Rider
08-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Of course - among others. You get one game a week on free to air you learn to put aside your own favourite just to watch the game....but I have to say that being at work for Superbowl XXXIV was a bit rough....

Why don't you just move to America diuretic? It sounds like you're a whole lot more interested in this country than Australia, and you already know, we have a shit load less FLIES here... :D

OCA
08-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Just like Darin was saying... too bad the Seattle Sea Hawks have to be from Seattle. I said too bad fucked up people have to move into such beautiful places and mess it up.

How did you get to rooting for the 49'ers when you live on the opposite end the country?

I got no reason to hang my head as a Packer fan....

http://www.packers.com/history/super_bowls_and_championships/

When I first got to the states and I was two we settled in Frisco before moving to Sacramento. I've only been on the East Coast since 2001.

All of Northern California is evenly split between the Niners and Raider nation.

No doubt, the Packers are a class act. How in the hell can you not admire an organization that has the likes of Bart Starr and Vince Lombardi in its history?

jackass
08-28-2007, 05:54 PM

Pssst! Hey Pale....he's GREEK!! :gay:

typomaniac
08-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Take some friendly advice typo... you gotta get anal sex off your mind man... :finger3:

All I can say is that the Packers have probably seen a lot more turnovers than any other team I follow...
:thewave:

OCA
08-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Pssst! Hey Pale....he's GREEK!! :gay:

But I always play the part of Roger Clemens, never Jorge Posada.:laugh2:

typomaniac
08-28-2007, 06:00 PM
But I always play the part of Roger Clemens, never Jorge Posada.:laugh2:

I just assumed you liked the niners because of their tight ends.

OCA
08-28-2007, 06:03 PM
I just assumed you liked the niners because of their tight ends.

:finger3:

I was a fan before the Montana era.

Question for everybody: who was the starting QB before Montana took over?

Pale Rider
08-28-2007, 06:05 PM
All I can say is that the Packers have probably seen a lot more turnovers than any other team I follow...
:thewave:

All bull shit aside, as much as I like ole Bret, and he's probably one of the greatest quarter backs that's ever lived, he needs to retire. He should have retired already. He is prone to throwing interceptions.

OCA
08-28-2007, 06:07 PM
All bull shit aside, as much as I like ole Bret, and he's probably one of the greatest quarter backs that's ever lived, he needs to retire. He should have retired already. He is prone to throwing interceptions.

Its kind of sad to watch, his best years are behind him and to top that he doesn't have much of a team around him to help him out. Will probably be another long year for the Pack again this year although in the NFC hell 7-9 might get you a wildcard.

diuretic
08-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Why don't you just move to America diuretic? It sounds like you're a whole lot more interested in this country than Australia, and you already know, we have a shit load less FLIES here... :D

Can I bring my pet flies with me? :D

Pale Rider
08-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Its kind of sad to watch, his best years are behind him and to top that he doesn't have much of a team around him to help him out. Will probably be another long year for the Pack again this year although in the NFC hell 7-9 might get you a wildcard.

It is sad to watch. I think the reason they let him keep in is he inspires the rest of them. If Bret wasn't there, they might as well forfeit the season.

No matter. Packer fans are some of the most loyal in all of football. Sure it's great to win, but just be there and support your team is what it's about... :salute:

Pale Rider
08-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Can I bring my pet flies with me? :D

No sir.

diuretic
08-28-2007, 06:56 PM
No sir.

Pet maggots then? :D

Pale Rider
08-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Pet maggots then? :D

Gotta admire your persistence.

diuretic
08-28-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm a pest :laugh2:

I'm only afraid of "the man with the can of Mortein" :laugh2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortein

Ah sorry about the thread drift. Can I get it back on track? I always get a big kick out of the nicknames NFL fans use for "other teams". Viqueens is clever. But when the Rams were still in LA I was wandering through the LAX terminal (this was in the 1990s before the big new extensions, come to think of it I think they were building the extensions when this happened). Anyway I was toddling along in one of my LA Rams jackets and one of those airport touters asked me if I wanted to contribute something to his charity. Me being me I was polite and told him no, didn't tell him to piss of or anything. He asked about my accent and we got talking about football and he said, "You know here in LA we call them the ' L.A. Lambs'". Well one thing I can't stand is disloyalty to your team :laugh2: If I was going to hand over money that would have stopped me :coffee:

Oh and Pale, that cracking noise you can hear under your feet? Not an earthquake, just icebergs in Hades :D

Pale Rider
08-28-2007, 11:32 PM
I'm a pest :laugh2:

I'm only afraid of "the man with the can of Mortein" :laugh2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortein

Ah sorry about the thread drift. Can I get it back on track? I always get a big kick out of the nicknames NFL fans use for "other teams". Viqueens is clever. But when the Rams were still in LA I was wandering through the LAX terminal (this was in the 1990s before the big new extensions, come to think of it I think they were building the extensions when this happened). Anyway I was toddling along in one of my LA Rams jackets and one of those airport touters asked me if I wanted to contribute something to his charity. Me being me I was polite and told him no, didn't tell him to piss of or anything. He asked about my accent and we got talking about football and he said, "You know here in LA we call them the ' L.A. Lambs'". Well one thing I can't stand is disloyalty to your team :laugh2: If I was going to hand over money that would have stopped me :coffee:

Oh and Pale, that cracking noise you can hear under your feet? Not an earthquake, just icebergs in Hades :D

Hey... I'm a "cheese head".... :laugh2:

And to comment about TV again, one of my favorite things to watch has been the series, "Ice Road Truckers." I used to drive OTR semi. Talk about tired. Long haul trucking sucks! But "that cracking noise?" I can only imagine, what kind of MASOCHIST adds DRIVING ON A FROZEN LAKE THAT YOU CAN POSSIBLY FALL THROUGH to BEING DEAD TIRED and IT'S 40 BELOW OUTSIDE???!!!

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Hey... I'm a "cheese head".... :laugh2:

And to comment about TV again, one of my favorite things to watch has been the series, "Ice Road Truckers." I used to drive OTR semi. Talk about tired. Long haul trucking sucks! But "that cracking noise?" I can only imagine, what kind of MASOCHIST adds DRIVING ON A FROZEN LAKE THAT YOU CAN POSSIBLY FALL THROUGH to BEING DEAD TIRED and IT'S 40 BELOW OUTSIDE???!!!

Ice Road Truckers? Isn't that a reality show about truck drivers? Sounds kinda boring.

Pale Rider
08-29-2007, 01:13 AM
Ice Road Truckers? Isn't that a reality show about truck drivers? Sounds kinda boring.

Don't tell me with all the TV you watch you never saw it... :uhoh:

manu1959
08-29-2007, 01:27 AM
:finger3:

I was a fan before the Montana era.

Question for everybody: who was the starting QB before Montana took over?

steve deberg....and before that?....

nevadamedic
08-29-2007, 01:36 AM
Don't tell me with all the TV you watch you never saw it... :uhoh:

Nope I mostly watch movies.

Angel Heart
08-29-2007, 05:22 AM
Figured I'd join in.

Go Ducks!!!

diuretic
08-29-2007, 06:52 AM
Figured I'd join in.