PDA

View Full Version : White House Grants Law Enforcement Powers, Use Of Force To Troops At Border

Elessar
11-21-2018, 07:04 PM
Now, just waiting for the liberal 9th Circus Court of Appeals to block this:

https://www.oann.com/white-house-grants-law-enforcement-powers-use-of-force-to-troops-at-border/

jimnyc
11-21-2018, 07:13 PM
It's already been proven, both abroad AND here in the USA, that desperate folks coming across the border will use various weaponry, from guns to rocks, in order not to get caught. Of course, guaranteed, the liberals aren't far off from demanding they NOT be allowed to use arms. :rolleyes:

Elessar
11-21-2018, 08:03 PM
Oaths of Office. I note that the one made by VP Pence was very close to the one made in Oath of Enlistment to the
Armed Forces of the USA.

Looking at the history of Presidential Oaths Sworn over the years,
there has been some added wording at times , yet the bottom line fact is
that they all include "Support and Defend The Constitution of The United States".

The constitution requires the presidential oath of office under Article 2, Section 1, stating that “before he enter on the execution of his office,” the president-elect shall affirm this:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Mike Pence will take the vice presidential oath of office. The Constitution doesn’t lay out a specific oath of office for vice presidents, demanding only that they swear to uphold the Constitution. Since 1884, the slightly lengthier oath for vice presidents has read:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Gunny
11-21-2018, 08:08 PM
We'll see. As I stated in the other thread. It's all fun-n-games until that first round goes down range.

I'm not against it, BTW. I firmly support enforcing our borders and immigration laws. All it's going to take is the left/MSM getting hold of the first casualty and it's going to turn into another media-driven, leftwingnut supported fiasco.