PDA

View Full Version : Trump warns: We may close 'the whole border' with Mexico...

jimnyc
11-22-2018, 12:03 PM
This would be my route, until any "caravans" stop coming.

---

Trump warns: We may close 'the whole border' with Mexico if things get 'uncontrollable'

During an extended conversation with the press following a Thanksgiving call with military leadership, President Trump said he might shut down the entire southern border.

Trump said he recently shutdown the border between Tijuana and San Diego and is considering shutting down the entire southern border.

Here’s an excerpt:

REPORTER: “Mr. President, what about the idea that the military may use lethal force against these migrants?”

TRUMP: “If they have to, they’re going to to use lethal force. I’ve given the OK. If they have to, I hope they don’t have to, but you’re dealing with a minimum of 500 serious criminals. So I’m not going to let the military be taken advantage of. I have no choice. Do I want that to happen? Absolutely not, but you’re dealing with rough people. You ask the people in Tijuana, Mexico, they opened up with wide arms, just come in, come in, let me help you, let us take care of you. And within two days, now they’re going crazy to get them out. They want them out. Because things are happening, bad things are happening in Tijuana. And again, it’s not in this country because we’ve closed it up. Actually, two days ago, we closed the border. We actually just closed it. We say nobody is coming in because it was out of control. But you take a look at Tijuana, Mexico. You see what’s happening there. It’s really a bad situation.”

REPORTER: “What do you mean you closed the border and nobody is coming in? What do you mean by that?”

TRUMP: “If we find that it’s uncontrollable, Josh, if we find that it’s — it gets to a level where we are going to lose control or where people are going to start getting hurt, we will close entry into the country for a period of time until we can get it under control.”

REPORTER: “Do you mean the entire border?” [crosstalk]

TRUMP: “The whole border. I mean the whole border. And Mexico will not be able to sell their cars into the United States where they make so many at great benefit to them — not a great benefit to us, by the way. But at least now we have a good new trade deal with Mexico and with Canada. But we will close the border. And that means that Mexico is not going to be able to sell their cars into the United States until it’s open. But we’re going to either have a border or we’re not. And when they lose control of the border on the Mexico side, we just close the border. And we have a very powerful border. We built a very strong border in a very short period of time. And the military has been fantastic, the job they have done. And by the way, Border Patrol and ICE, all of the law enforcement we have involved, and we have local law enforcement, too, they have done an incredible job. And they have wanted this for you know, I’m the first president who’s done to this extent, but they wanted this for years. And some of the presidents, I guess they didn’t care or they wanted open borders. I don’t think they wanted open borders. Because most of them, if you go back to 2006, they all approved essentially a wall, a very powerful fence, which is pretty much the same thing. But in 2006, if you look, Obama, you look at Hillary Clinton, you look at Schumer, all of the people that are standing up protesting, they think it’s good for them politically. See, I think it’s bad for them politically. I think the fact that they’re weak on the border is very, very bad for them politically. But you know, I have only been a politician for three years so maybe they know better than me.”

https://news.grabien.com/story-trump-warns-we-may-close-whole-border-mexico-if-things-get-u

Trump's new plan would force asylum seekers to remain in Mexico as cases are processed

'If you are not determined to have a reasonable fear of remaining in Mexico, you will remain in Mexico'

WASHINGTON – Central Americans who arrive at U.S. border crossings seeking asylum in the United States will have to wait in Mexico while their claims are processed under sweeping new measures the Trump administration is preparing to implement, according to internal planning documents and three Department of Homeland Security officials familiar with the initiative.

According to DHS memos obtained by The Washington Post on Wednesday, Central American asylum seekers who cannot establish a “reasonable fear” of persecution in Mexico will not be allowed to enter the United States and would be turned around at the border.

The plan, called “Remain in Mexico,” amounts to a major break with current screening procedures, which generally allow those who establish a fear of return to their home countries to avoid immediate deportation and remain in the United States until they can get a hearing with an immigration judge. Trump despises this system, which he calls “catch and release,” and has vowed to end it.

Rest - https://nationalpost.com/news/world/trumps-new-plan-would-force-asylum-seekers-to-remain-in-mexico-as-cases-are-processed

AND...

Inside the terrifying Honduran gangs feared to be infiltrating migrant caravans as their bloody violence drives thousands into America

SHOCKING images offer a glimpse inside the terrifying Honduran gangs feared to be infiltrating migrant caravans – and the misery they cause.

Donald Trump controversially insisted the US-bound groups are filled with the merciless mobsters, and sent nearly 6,000 troops to the border to keep them from entering.

But one former cop told how he had no other choice but to join one of the caravans and flee after his sons were held at gunpoint by the brutal killers.

Known only as Ivan, he said he had moved homes so many times to escape the violence in his home of San Pedro Sula, Honduras – but it was impossible to get away.

And when his young sons Yostin, 15 and Julio, 13, were threatened with death if the didn't join a local gang, he decided enough was enough and fled to America.

The terrified family joined the vast group of people travelling from the violence-ridden city after hiding out at friend's houses.

Rest - https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7795061/honduran-gangs-infiltrating-migrant-caravans-bloody-violence-america/

LongTermGuy
11-22-2018, 12:32 PM
When its Time......Good Move!

High_Plains_Drifter
11-23-2018, 08:41 AM
We NEED to get a grip on this, and RIGHT NOW. If we don't, there'll be MORE caravans, and more caravans. The world is watching, and we need to make damn sure these people get the message, we're not screwing around anymore, and you WON'T just walk into America and get to STAY.

I think closing down the entire border is a great idea, and if some little jackoff leftist judge tried to tell the president he couldn't close the border down, I'd have that judge ARRESTED for SEDITION and TREASON, because it will be being closed down for SECURITY reasons, and I wouldn't let ANY judge, for ANY reason, interfere with that. I'd actually be going after any judge that inferred with immigration for ANY reason. If I had their decision overturned, which WILL happen, I'd sue them, have them impeached, fined, disbarred, jailed, whatever, all of the above. I'd send a message to the leftist activist judge community that THEIR shit won't be tolerated anymore either. They'd better make damn sure they had a legal right to MEDDLE in affairs they issues these injunctions on. If they think it WON'T be upheld, and that they really don't have the authority to interfere and it won't be upheld, then they better think damn hard about pulling their crap in the first place, because the price will be high if they lose.

tailfins
11-23-2018, 01:11 PM
That makes no sense whatsoever. It doesn't pass the sanity test. Are they going to tell Tommy Tourist taking the family sedan to Mexico for a week that he and his family can't come back into the USA? Freezing entry to all non-citizens, maybe, but shutting down the border completely is crazy.

Gunny
11-23-2018, 07:12 PM
That makes no sense whatsoever. It doesn't pass the sanity test. Are they going to tell Tommy Tourist taking the family sedan to Mexico for a week that he and his family can't come back into the USA? Freezing entry to all non-citizens, maybe, but shutting down the border completely is crazy.Tell that to the Commanding Generals of MCB Camp Pendleton and/or the Fleet Commander at 32nd Street (NB San Diego). They've been doing it for years for military personnel. Off limits means off limits.

You figure it out, tailfins. It's really complicated math :rolleyes:

Elessar
11-23-2018, 07:56 PM
That makes no sense whatsoever. It doesn't pass the sanity test. Are they going to tell Tommy Tourist taking the family sedan to Mexico for a week that he and his family can't come back into the USA? Freezing entry to all non-citizens, maybe, but shutting down the border completely is crazy.

Do you have an alternative?

I am sure all options have been viewed and discussed.

Don't belong here as illegals - go back.

Tell us....how many liberals that encourage this mass invasion are willing to
sponsor a bunch of disease-ridden and filthy vagabonds in their own homes?

Let them step up to the border and adopt them. Until then, spare us the tears.

Gunny
11-23-2018, 08:06 PM

Don't belong here as illegals - go back.He brings up a point in his usual, backward, TF manner. Can the President of the US put Mexico off limits to ALL US citizens? I'm sure some handy-dandy leftwingnut judge will rule against him if he does. If Trump follows his usual course, he'll back down and try to find a legal way around it.

So I have to ask, again for the millionth time in 2 years, WHO has the final authority? Mexico/refugees are external issues to be dealt with by the Commander in Chief when they threaten the physical security of the US and its citizens. He'll damned-sure be held responsible for it.

So I'd like to see Trump slap on his CinC cover, declare it an external threat to the US and safety of its citizens, and tell the leftwingnut courts to go pound sand. As CinC, HE is the final authority. Not to mention I'm sick and tired of the left using the courts to obstruct him. It's bullshit and we all know it's bullshit.

This is an invasion of the US by a foreign entity. I don't care what color lipstick you want to put on it. It needs to be treated as such.

tailfins
11-23-2018, 08:15 PM

Don't belong here as illegals - go back.

Tell us....how many liberals that encourage this mass invasion are willing to
sponsor a bunch of disease-ridden and filthy vagabonds in their own homes?

Let them step up the the border and adopt them. Until then, spare us the tears.

Go back where? I'm an American national. If I drive down to Monterrey for a couple of weeks and Uncle Sam forces me to leave my vehicle parked in Mexico and fly out of Monterrey, Uncle Sam's going to owe me some money.

Gunny
11-23-2018, 08:22 PM
Go back where? I'm an American national. If I drive down to Monterrey for a couple of weeks and Uncle Sam forces me to leave my vehicle parked in Mexico and fly out of Monterrey, Uncle Sam's going to owe me some money.Nope. Not if Trump places Mexico off limits. Your American national ass will be in violation of US law.

Elessar
11-23-2018, 08:25 PM
Go back where? I'm an American national. If I drive down to Monterrey for a couple of weeks and Uncle Sam forces me to leave my vehicle parked in Mexico and fly out of Monterrey, Uncle Sam's going to owe me some money.

Bullshit! If you take that risk knowingly, then you pay for it.
Uncle Sam does not own you a dime.

Gunny
11-23-2018, 08:51 PM
Bullshit! If you take that risk knowingly, then you pay for it.
Uncle Sam does not own you a dime.Here's the elephant in the room minus the overreaction from Mr American national. This looks to be nothing more than a not so subtle move by Trump to force Mexico to take an active role in helping stop this crap. Shutting down the US-Mexico border hits Mexico FAR harder than it hits us. It'll hurt, but we can outlast Mexico.

Again, all this crap hurts everyone on all sides EXCEPT the idiots stirring up the pot. That is why I previously stated I would go after them with both barrels. Cocked. Regardless how anything else plays out, they get taken down and out. One way or the other.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-24-2018, 07:53 AM
Here's the elephant in the room minus the overreaction from Mr American national. This looks to be nothing more than a not so subtle move by Trump to force Mexico to take an active role in helping stop this crap. Shutting down the US-Mexico border hits Mexico FAR harder than it hits us. It'll hurt, but we can outlast Mexico.

Again, all this crap hurts everyone on all sides EXCEPT the idiots stirring up the pot. That is why I previously stated I would go after them with both barrels. Cocked. Regardless how anything else plays out, they get taken down and out. One way or the other.
True... closing down our border is basically... "ok Mexico, you're going allow these people to waltz across your southern border with some tiny little show of force to stop them for a photo op, then let them on their merry way to head south and give them water and food and rides all the way, then guess what, they're YOUR'S now, DEAL with it."

Doesn't look like the Mexican people like that program much. They're fighting with them and telling them to GO HOME along the border where they're massed, and the more of them show up, the worse it will get. At some point Mexico will HAVE to do something, because it will be CLEAR, they're NOT getting into America. President Trump will have won... again.