PDA

View Full Version : Theresa May signs "worst deal in history"

jimnyc
11-25-2018, 02:51 PM
Theresa May Writes ‘Letter to the Nation’ Begging Support for ‘Worst Deal in History’

Theresa May has written a “letter to the nation” begging the public to support her Brexit deal, which has been signed off by EU leaders but could be voted down in Parliament by Tory Brexiteers and Northern Ireland’s Democratic Unionist Party (DUP).

The Prime Minister has agreed to pay a £39 billion+ divorce settlement to the EU and submitted to a lengthy “transition” period after Brexit in which Britain will remain subject to all EU rules and regulations, without any representation in EU institutions, during which a future relationship can be negotiated.

If one cannot be struck in time, the “transition” can be extended for up to two years, or the United Kingdom and European Union will enter into “backstop” arrangements which the UK cannot leave without permission, and which would involve the UK continuing adopting EU regulations on goods, competition, state aid, and more, as interpreted by EU judges, and establish a “single customs territory” which largely duplicates the EU Customs Union.

Theresa May does not enjoy an outright majority in Parliament, having to rely on Northern Ireland’s Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) to pass legislation — and the Brexit-supporting party has vowed to vote against the deal, over additional provision in the backstop which would leave their Province subject to additional EU obligations in order to keep the border with the Irish Republic open.

Dozens of Brexiteer Tories have also vowed to vote against the deal, all but guaranteeing that it will not be ratified — and compelling the Prime Minister to go over politicians’ head to appeal directly to the public for support in this letter to the nation: (https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46333338)

“When I became your prime minister, the United Kingdom had just voted to leave the European Union.

“From my first day in the job, I knew I had a clear mission before me – a duty to fulfil on your behalf: to honour the result of the referendum and secure a brighter future for our country by negotiating a good Brexit deal with the EU.

“Throughout the long and complex negotiations that have taken place over the last year and a half, I have never lost sight of that duty.

“Today, I am in Brussels with the firm intention of agreeing a Brexit deal with the leaders of the other 27 EU nations.

“It will be a deal that is in our national interest – one that works for our whole country and all of our people, whether you voted ‘Leave’ or ‘Remain’.

“It will honour the result of the referendum.

“We will take back control of our borders, by putting an end to the free movement of people once and for all.

“Instead of an immigration system based on where a person comes from, we will build one based on the skills and talents a person has to offer.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/11/25/theresa-may-writes-letter-to-the-nation-begging-support-for-worst-deal-in-history/

High_Plains_Drifter
11-25-2018, 05:47 PM
Why is it that it "seems" as though some of the most UNFIT, UNWORTHY, UNINTELLIGENT, UNQUALIFIED TRASH are the ones that are always the POWER HUNGRY scum that wants to RULE OVER everyone?

Did they grow up being picked on and vowed to have POWER over people?

Gunny
11-25-2018, 06:06 PM
I would not support her and I hope Parliament does vote it down. Then just maybe come up with a better plan. One that doesn't give away the farm in the process.

Elessar
11-25-2018, 06:26 PM
I do not exactly understand how the U.K. got so tied up in something like
this that has virtually handcuffed them and taken away their sovereignty.

Now it would appear that is hard to drop it and back out of it.

Perhaps Drummond can explain it better.

Gunny
11-25-2018, 07:08 PM
I do not exactly understand how the U.K. got so tied up in something like
this that has virtually handcuffed them and taken away their sovereignty.

Now it would appear that is hard to drop it and back out of it.

Perhaps @Drummond (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2287) can explain it better.SUre you get it. It's called buying a shiny new car that turns out to be a lemon.