PDA

View Full Version : Quail hunting

Mr. P
01-07-2007, 11:48 PM
So, does anyone here hunt Quail? Do you have your own dog or go with someone that does?
How about without a dog? I’ve done that it’s fun.

Dilloduck
01-08-2007, 08:28 AM
So, does anyone here hunt Quail? Do you have your own dog or go with someone that does?

I do. They'll stick to cover and run some but they'll also flush without a dog. If you have a good place to hunt and the birds are there, you'll love it. !!

Pale Rider
01-08-2007, 10:29 AM

Hunted Quail quite a few years ago. Pheasant, Duck. But the ones that scared the hell out of me were Grouse. They make a sound like a Blackhawk helicoptor taking off when they flush, in an otherwise quite woods. Startles the shit out of ya.

Mr. P
01-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Hunted Quail quite a few years ago. Pheasant, Duck. But the ones that scared the hell out of me were Grouse. They make sound like a Blackhawk helicoptor taking off when they flush, in an otherwise quite woods. Startles the shit out of ya.

I've flushed quial myself w/o a dog and even though you know they're there and will flush it startles me every time. :laugh:

Pale Rider
01-08-2007, 12:10 PM
I've flushed quial myself w/o a dog and even though you know they're there and will flush it startles me every time. :laugh:

I miss all the hunting I used to do with my dad. We hunted pretty much everything that was legal to hunt. We ate everything we hunted. What I'd do right now for some Pheasant.

Dilloduck
01-08-2007, 12:19 PM
I miss all the hunting I used to do with my dad. We hunted pretty much everything that was legal to hunt. We ate everything we hunted. What I'd do right now for some Pheasant.

I was the hunting dog for my Dad and uncles in South Dakota----pheasant would scare the crap out me as did hearing bird shot whiz by. Damn things can run pretty fast if they just get winged.

Mr. P
01-08-2007, 12:54 PM
I was the hunting dog for my Dad and uncles in South Dakota----pheasant would scare the crap out me as did hearing bird shot whiz by. Damn things can run pretty fast if they just get winged.

I never thought of using a person as a dog other than myself..I bet I could pick-up a few illegals for the job.:lmao:

Dilloduck
01-08-2007, 01:26 PM
I never thought of using a person as a dog other than myself..I bet I could pick-up a few illegals for the job.:lmao:

You laugh----they do it down here all the time !!!

Mr. P
01-08-2007, 04:17 PM
You laugh----they do it down here all the time !!!

Well then you guys need to shoot straighter, cuz they're still making it out of the state.:laugh:

Dilloduck
01-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Well then you guys need to shoot straighter, cuz they're still making it out of the state.:laugh:

HEY--we're law abiding folks and waiting for them to issue a daily bag limit

Pale Rider
01-08-2007, 10:23 PM
HEY--we're law abiding folks and waiting for them to issue a daily bag limit

Let us know. We'll be down for the hunting party... :2up:

Mr. P
01-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Let us know. We'll be down for the hunting party... :2up:

Ya know those border cameras we can watch now on the net? It would be neat to mount a couple M-60s under em. If you see an illegal just hold down the ‘Delete’ button and presto! :2up:

Pale Rider
01-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Ya know those border cameras we can watch now on the net? It would be neat to mount a couple M-60s under em. If you see an illegal just hold down the ‘Delete’ button and presto! :2up:

How about something that wouldn't need reloading? Like a high powered, military grade lazer? :D

Mr. P
01-20-2007, 09:35 PM
How about something that wouldn't need reloading? Like a high powered, military grade lazer? :D

Ahhh come on, the border patrol has to have something to do. They can reload em. :dev:

Doniston
03-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Me/// I don't like Guns and haven't hunted since I was 14- (A couple of years ago)

LOki
05-21-2007, 10:38 AM
The results from last Xmas.
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2599/scan0001ai3.jpg

Mr. P
05-21-2007, 10:44 AM
The results from last Xmas.
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2599/scan0001ai3.jpg

Damn you never invited me! :slap:

Nice gun, good shooting!