PDA

View Full Version : "Romney tosses Craig under the bus"

08-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Needless to say this guy isnt a Romney supporter but I thought Romney's reaction to Craig's activities was very telling. Plus i really like the shot he took on Clinton:) Not sure Id call it throwing him under a bus. But its good to see that Romney wont put up with such behavior.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0807/Romney_throws_Craig_under_bus.html

First Romney Comment:

"Once again, we've found people in Washington have not lived up to the level of respect and dignity that we would expect for somebody that gets elected to a position of high influence," Romney told CNBC's Larry Kudlow in a broadcast to be aired later. "Very disappointing. He's no longer associated with my campaign, as you can imagine. ... I'm sorry to see that he has fallen short."

Second Romney Comment:

"I think it reminds us of Mark Foley and Bill Clinton," Romney told Kudlow, in remarks reported on the network's First Read blog. "I think it reminds us of the fact that people who are elected to public office continue to disappoint, and they somehow think that if they vote the right way on issues of significance or they can speak a good game, that we'll just forgive and forget."

"And the truth of the matter is, the most important thing we expect from... an elected official is a level of dignity and character that we can point to for our kids and our grandkids, and say, `Hey, someday I hope you grow up and you're someone like that person.' And we've seen disappointment in the White House, we've seen it in the Senate, we've seen it in Congress. And frankly, it's disgusting."

hjmick
08-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Not a Romney supporter? Didn't he work on the Romney campaign?

From the article you quoted:

"Craig was one of Romney's top two backers in the Senate and had worked to round up support there for the former governor."

"Craig has been one of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's top Senate supporters, serving as a Senate liaison for the campaign since February. (http://www.startribune.com/587/story/1386023.html)

And Romney's not the only one, the Senate GOP is calling for an ethics probe.

08-28-2007, 04:45 PM
i meant the blogger wasnt a Romney supporter.

typomaniac
08-28-2007, 04:46 PM
I wonder what Romney's said about JFK... :rolleyes:

hjmick
08-28-2007, 04:47 PM
i meant the blogger wasnt a Romney supporter.

Oops, Sorry. LOL

08-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Oops, Sorry. LOL

its cool:)