PDA

View Full Version : Shocker! I sold a piece of artwork!

SassyLady
12-07-2018, 01:42 AM
I'm over the moon!

Had a Christmas party at my house last night and some of my artwork was out to show friends my new hobby. About 3 hours into the party I was approached by a lady asking if I would consider selling any of them. I told her I wasn't sure but maybe someday. She said she really wanted to buy a piece for her husband's Christmas present. I told her I didn't even know how to price them yet. She said name a price. I asked a couple of other people there what they thought the piece could sell for. I ended up selling it for $50.00 which was less than the consensus (after all, she was a friend of a friend). The lady jumped on it and I later found out she told someone she thought I would ask between $150.00-$175.00.

Anyway, it's my first sale! Granddaughter is going to set up an Etsy account to see if I get any offers for my other pieces. Might call it Miss Sassy's Art ... still mulling it over.

I didn't even have chance to get some good photos of it. I did sign and date the back .... haha ... just in case I become famous someday. She will have the very first piece sold.

darin
12-07-2018, 02:18 AM
Great job! :)

Kathianne
12-07-2018, 04:42 AM
As I told you on FB, this has a very nice Southwest feel to it. I bet there's plenty of Mexidona buyers that would love it!

CSM
12-07-2018, 06:41 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! and great work too.

High_Plains_Drifter
12-07-2018, 07:30 AM
Outstanding... and I must say, from what I've seen of your art, it's very intriguing, and sophisticated.

I'd say the lady that got the first piece for $50 got a deal.

EVERYTHING starts out at $99.95... ;)

Elessar
12-07-2018, 08:22 AM
Excellent!

If memory serves me right, you are in Sedonia which is known as somewhat
of an 'artist's colony'.

Perhaps you can get someone to appraise your work.

Abbey Marie
12-07-2018, 10:05 AM
Told you!
Congrats, Sassy- and now you have a new accomplishment on your lovely resume. :thumb:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-07-2018, 10:25 AM
Congratulations my very artistic and great friend! My baby sister was over the moon excited the first painting she sold. It had be offered at $85.00 for four months with no takers. I advised her what to add to the painting, as in color, additional small trees and a lady wading the stream and to ask $ 375.00.-within 4 days of presenting it again for sale, she was offered and sold it it for 245.00... I am no painter myself but have a keen eye for art.
After that I helped here make additions to 5 other paintings that quickly sold.
Always wished I could paint but such is not a gift given to me. I try to write and hope for the best.
You my friend are gifted at both , painting and poetry.
Ive seen your fine art before, my friend. I bet you can sell more paintings and at higher prices too!-Tyr

Gunny
12-07-2018, 10:49 AM
I'm over the moon!

Had a Christmas party at my house last night and some of my artwork was out to show friends my new hobby. About 3 hours into the party I was approached by a lady asking if I would consider selling any of them. I told her I wasn't sure but maybe someday. She said she really wanted to buy a piece for her husband's Christmas present. I told her I didn't even know how to price them yet. She said name a price. I asked a couple of other people there what they thought the piece could sell for. I ended up selling it for $50.00 which was less than the consensus (after all, she was a friend of a friend). The lady jumped on it and I later found out she told someone she thought I would ask between $150.00-$175.00.

Anyway, it's my first sale! Granddaughter is going to set up an Etsy account to see if I get any offers for my other pieces. Might call it Miss Sassy's Art ... still mulling it over.

I didn't even have chance to get some good photos of it. I did sign and date the back .... haha ... just in case I become famous someday. She will have the very first piece sold.

I'm impressed. Congrats :)

High_Plains_Drifter
12-07-2018, 08:14 PM
@SassyLady (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=83) ... hey, maybe you could start a thread when you get an Etsy page. I'd love to see all your work, and I might buy one myself.

Get one of your first pieces before you're famous and the price goes through the roof... ;)

SassyLady
12-08-2018, 03:57 PM
High_Plains_Drifter

This is on a 12x12 porcelain tile. How much would you offer?

Remember, this is resin art not acrylic paint on canvas.

SassyLady
12-08-2018, 04:00 PM
Or this one? 16x16 porcelain tile.

High_Plains_Drifter
12-08-2018, 05:05 PM
They are amazing, beautiful pieces, but tell ya what... you should make a photographic inventory of what you have. I'd love to see that, 'cause I can be kinda picky.

Gunny
12-08-2018, 07:51 PM
Or this one? 16x16 porcelain tile.

11835I like that one. The other one too for that matter. Don't ask ME questions though. You could put what I know about art in a thimble with room left over for your pinky :laugh: I used to build model airplanes :halo9:

I can however appreciate the obvious work you put into it. It must make you happy and that's all anyone really needs to know.

LongTermGuy
12-08-2018, 10:31 PM
Congrats Sassy!....also...on that first sale you learned a lot....:cool:

SassyLady
12-08-2018, 11:53 PM
Congrats Sassy!....also...on that first sale you learned a lot....:cool:

Thank you .... and I did learn something. I learned that other people put more value on my time and effort than I do. I also learned that even though this is a hobby for me it really made me feel good to know that someone liked my art enough to buy it as a gift for someone else.

SassyLady
12-09-2018, 12:00 AM
More good news!

Two people have asked me if I'll have time to do a piece for them before Christmas. Not sure I want to do custom orders yet. Would rather do what flows out and if someone likes and wants it I'll consider selling.

Now comes the pressure .... was afraid of this. Once I raised my hand to the universe for direction and assistance the abundance would flow down whether I was ready or not.

It's been a good six months. Losing weight, getting off meds, eating healthy, releasing my creative juices .... and maybe starting another business.

I'm a sassy, happy lady right now.

Abbey Marie
12-09-2018, 12:03 AM
More good news!

Two people have asked me if I'll have time to do a piece for them before Christmas. Not sure I want to do custom orders yet. Would rather do what flows out and if someone likes and wants it I'll consider selling.

Now comes the pressure .... was afraid of this. Once I raised my hand to the universe for direction and assistance the abundance would flow down whether I was ready or not.

It's been a good six months. Losing weight, getting off meds, eating healthy, releasing my creative juices .... and maybe starting another business.

:dance:

Conservative women are awesome...

SassyLady
12-09-2018, 12:12 AM
:dance:

Conservative women are awesome...

In too many ways to count! :cheers2:

High_Plains_Drifter
12-09-2018, 07:06 AM
More good news!

I have to agree with you about custom orders. It's not like painting someone's portrait. What you do just... happens. That's why I suggested take a picture of all your pieces, make a photo catalog. I remember some pics on here you posted of earlier pieces you've done that resembled the cosmos. I liked those. I'd like to see them all... ;)

I'm losing weight and in the middle of a total diet make over myself. Out with the bad, in with the good. A total war on sugar, processed foods, fat, chemicals, etc, and counting the calories now. I've lost 7 pounds so far.

SassyLady
12-10-2018, 06:57 PM
I have to agree with you about custom orders. It's not like painting someone's portrait. What you do just... happens. That's why I suggested take a picture of all your pieces, make a photo catalog. I remember some pics on here you posted of earlier pieces you've done that resembled the cosmos. I liked those. I'd like to see them all... ;)

I'm losing weight and in the middle of a total diet make over myself. Out with the bad, in with the good. A total war on sugar, processed foods, fat, chemicals, etc, and counting the calories now. I've lost 7 pounds so far.

I've lost 35 lbs since July using Keto Diet and FMD (Fasting Mimicking Diet). Never felt better. Also did a 90 Day detox.

CSM
12-10-2018, 07:11 PM
I've lost 35 lbs since July using Keto Diet and FMD (Fasting Mimicking Diet). Never felt better. Also did a 90 Day detox.

pics or it didn't happen ..... just kidding

SassyLady
12-11-2018, 01:17 AM
pics or it didn't happen ..... just kidding

No pics :slap:

Will consider in person observation if you want to verify .... weather here is pleasant this time of year. :cheers2:

CSM
12-11-2018, 08:05 AM
No pics :slap:

Will consider in person observation if you want to verify .... weather here is pleasant this time of year. :cheers2:

You will be awful surprised when I take you up on that someday... just sayin

Abbey Marie
12-11-2018, 09:01 AM

SassyLady
12-11-2018, 01:25 PM

:panicsmiley:
:shakegift:

aboutime
12-11-2018, 03:38 PM
You are DP's fem "BOB ROSS" when it comes to that type of art. WELL DONE!

Congrats too!
https://www.dailydot.com/wp-content/uploads/813/e4/zcDezqG.jpg

What a future you are looking at???