PDA

View Full Version : Unsportsmanlike Like Conduct and Insulting an Opponent.

Elessar
12-09-2018, 07:47 PM
Redskins and Giants today.

I make no excuses, but fact is the 'Skin's lost both roster QB's the past two weeks
and had to sign two others. One being Mark Sanchez and the other Josh Johnson.
'Skin's offensive line has been decimated with injury. Both starting guards are out (one an All Pro)
for the season and both tackles and the center are playing while injured. Backup guards
on the depth chart are out in IR as well. Today Sanchez could not hit his ass with both hands.

Giants led 31-0 in the closing seconds of the first half. They had the ball at the 'Skin's 2 yard line
with 9 seconds left. Instead of taking a knee or letting the clock run down to end the half,
Giants kicked a field goal.

That is pretty insulting to an opponent when the sportsman like conduct would be to let
the damn clock run out, take a knee and end the half.

darin
12-10-2018, 04:58 AM
it's sportsmanlike to a team who hasn't barely won anything. The giants are hungry and they need all the points they can possibly get. It's up to the Redskins to stop it if they don't like it.

pete311
12-10-2018, 11:16 AM
These are grown men making millions. Let them do their job which is to perform on every play, not take knees.

Elessar
12-10-2018, 06:32 PM
it's sportsmanlike to a team who hasn't barely won anything. The giants are hungry and they need all the points they can possibly get. It's up to the Redskins to stop it if they don't like it.

These are grown men making millions. Let them do their job which is to perform on every play, not take knees.

I do not disagree with either comment.

However, as background to my opinion, I will relate what my high school coaches did
and what my college coaches did as well.

High school we were in the hunt for Conference Champions 3 times, wining twice and tying once.
We were also in the running twice for State Champs twice, winning once, falling short the second time.
We destroyed teams, but when it looked out of hand early, Coach Clark substituted freely, telling us
it was not sportsmanlike to rub it in an opponent's face. He was admired by his peers for that.

College, two years of Conference Champs. Again we tore up the opposition, but Coach Duvall began
substituting early - also saying "I want the win, but will not embarrass the other team".

Giants did not do that. They could have spiked the ball, thrown it out of the end zone, or taken
a knee to let the clock tick off. They did not, but rubbed the Redskin's face into the rout. That is likely
to not be forgotten.

pete311
12-10-2018, 11:30 PM

However, as background to my opinion, I will relate what my high school coaches did

High school we were in the hunt for Conference Champions 3 times, wining twice and tying once.
We were also in the running twice for State Champs twice, winning once, falling short the second time.
We destroyed teams, but when it looked out of hand early, Coach Clark substituted freely, telling us
it was not sportsmanlike to rub it in an opponent's face. He was admired by his peers for that.

College, two years of Conference Champs. Again we tore up the opposition, but Coach Duvall began
substituting early - also saying "I want the win, but will not embarrass the other team".

Giants did not do that. They could have spiked the ball, thrown it out of the end zone, or taken
a knee to let the clock tick off. They did not, but rubbed the Redskin's face into the rout. That is likely
to not be forgotten.

High school and college totally different, they are kids not making money. I coached girls soccer for a few years at an inner city high school. For most girls it was their first time playing and we were in a conference with private schools stacked with college bound girls. We'd get smacked 20-0 a game and after 8 or so I'd be pissed at the other coach because all that was happening was my girls got demoralized.

Noir
12-11-2018, 02:18 AM

a knee to let the clock tick off. They did not, but rubbed the Redskin's face into the rout.

Meh, can see that argument, but if anything I think it’s less sporting to be condescending enough to get to the point of ‘let’s not really try against them anymore’

That is likely
to not be forgotten.

Good, that should lead to better sports games in the future.

Abbey Marie
12-11-2018, 07:23 AM
El, you said this was at the half? That’s a whole lot of time left for Washington to catch up. I’m cool with the field goal.
If there were seconds to go at the end of the 4th quarter, I might agree with you.

Gunny
12-11-2018, 04:10 PM
Redskins and Giants today.

I make no excuses, but fact is the 'Skin's lost both roster QB's the past two weeks
and had to sign two others. One being Mark Sanchez and the other Josh Johnson.
'Skin's offensive line has been decimated with injury. Both starting guards are out (one an All Pro)
for the season and both tackles and the center are playing while injured. Backup guards
on the depth chart are out in IR as well. Today Sanchez could not hit his ass with both hands.

Giants led 31-0 in the closing seconds of the first half. They had the ball at the 'Skin's 2 yard line
with 9 seconds left. Instead of taking a knee or letting the clock run down to end the half,
Giants kicked a field goal.

That is pretty insulting to an opponent when the sportsman like conduct would be to let
the damn clock run out, take a knee and end the half.You're talking about a Giants-Redskins game :smoke: