PDA

View Full Version : Should Turkey Support Russia's Putin?

tailfins
12-16-2018, 08:32 PM
One topic I haven't seen covered is how Putin plays into Turkey's plans. Does anyone have an informed guess on that topic?

Gunny
12-16-2018, 08:47 PM
One topic I haven't seen covered is how Putin plays into Turkey's plans. Does anyone have an informed guess on that topic?Because you don't read. I've gone quite in depth on the topic. Guess threads need to jump out and say "here I am!" before you see them :rolleyes:

tailfins
12-17-2018, 01:37 PM
I was hoping for this to turn into a discussion of whether all US troops and aid should be withdrawn from Turkey. The USA has a budget deficit after all. Why spend money on an ungrateful/unhelpful country?

Drummond
12-17-2018, 10:06 PM
I was hoping for this to turn into a discussion of whether all US troops and aid should be withdrawn from Turkey. The USA has a budget deficit after all. Why spend money on an ungrateful/unhelpful country?

We've seen, with Farah, what 'standard' of citizen Turkey produces. Since Turkey is a Muslim majority nation, buying into a creed strongly opposed to America's values and standard of decency ... and since the likes of Farah is happy to bite the hand that helps to feed her ... I fail to see why troops and all aid hasn't already been withdrawn. It's an overdue policy revision, in my view.

This is an interesting site, and its wider summary falls well outside of having anything in common with Farah's ravings. Partial quote, anyway:

https://www.foreignassistance.gov/explore/country/Turkey

.... Turkey also remains a transit point of interest to traffickers of nuclear materials and weapons-of-mass-destruction (WMD)-related items, underscoring the need for training in the detection of illicit weapons, improved licensing procedures, and enhanced border controls.

'Strange' that Farah neglects to give any hint of this aspect of her 'utopia'.

No doubt she'll deny it.

Perhaps it could be an item in any 'The Criminal East' thread she'll rush to create here ... ? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

P.S. So very far from 'aiding' Turkey, it seems to me that the US and others of us in the West would be better employed in treating that country much as President Trump treats Iran (to be consistent with Farah's delusional characterisations, it seems Iran is, ahem, a 'Western' nation ?).

aboutime
12-17-2018, 10:19 PM

Funny how you never mentioned any of this while your buddy, Obama was in office, kissing butts, and playing the apology games. The USA has had a budget deficit since...
Modern Deficit Spending
Since 1970, the federal government has run deficits during every fiscal year for all but four years, from 1998 to 2001. The effect of these cumulative budget shortfalls is debated by political analysts and economists, but their origins are much less controversial.

At least, have the courtesy to verify your own FALSE claims that you make here.

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/021115/how-long-has-us-run-fiscal-deficits.asp