PDA

View Full Version : immigration raid

Trigg
08-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Pale, You'll like this, the ICE agent used the terminology you like.

But of course later in the article they were saying
"Stop the attack on immigrant families."

CINCINNATI (Reuters) - Hundreds of U.S. immigration agents raided the Koch Foods Inc. chicken plant in Fairfield, Ohio, and arrested more than 160 employees as part of a criminal operation against illegal immigrants, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) said on Tuesday.

"As of 2:45 p.m. (EDT) more than 180 Koch employees have been identified for further questioning and more than 160 have been administratively arrested for immigration violations," ICE special agent in charge Brian Moskowitz told a news conference in Cincinnati.

Moskowitz said employees faced a range of charges including illegal reentry to the United States, identity theft, document fraud, social security fraud and forgery. Koch Foods was being investigated for federal crimes including encouraging, inducing or harboring illegal aliens.

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 06:45 PM

CINCINNATI (Reuters) - Hundreds of U.S. immigration agents raided the Koch Foods Inc. chicken plant in Fairfield, Ohio, and arrested more than 160 employees as part of a criminal operation against illegal immigrants, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) said on Tuesday.

"As of 2:45 p.m. (EDT) more than 180 Koch employees have been identified for further questioning and more than 160 have been administratively arrested for immigration violations," ICE special agent in charge Brian Moskowitz told a news conference in Cincinnati.

Moskowitz said employees faced a range of charges including illegal reentry to the United States, identity theft, document fraud, social security fraud and forgery. Koch Foods was being investigated for federal crimes including encouraging, inducing or harboring illegal aliens.

Why the hell wasn't action taken against the employer?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Trigg
08-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Why the hell wasn't action taken against the employer?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Read farther in the article. They are targeting the employer.

Gaffer
08-28-2007, 07:17 PM
All those illegals live in neighboring Hamilton. Now affectionately known as Hamxico. Should be some houses coming available for rent soon. Some major bust have been going on here in Ohio. especially Butler county where this one took place.

Trinity
08-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Now if they would go and hit up Brewske's on a Sunday night around 1:30am they would probably get about 500 more!

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 08:25 PM
All those illegals live in neighboring Hamilton. Now affectionately known as Hamxico. Should be some houses coming available for rent soon. Some major bust have been going on here in Ohio. especially Butler county where this one took place.

It's amazing how you dont hear about them resisting or running and you know some of them did as they are cowards by nature.

Gaffer
08-28-2007, 08:51 PM
It's amazing how you dont hear about them resisting or running and you know some of them did as they are cowards by nature.

That's why they hit them in work places. They block all the doors and then move in. Those that run, run right into the arms of the officers at the exits.

This size bust will send most into hiding now. Give it another week and they will be back out. And a bust on Brewski's will definitely net a ton of them. Same with the mexican motel next door to it.

waterrescuedude2000
08-28-2007, 09:59 PM

Now I want to hear about these kind of raids more often. Good Job ICE and thanks for the job you do :clap:

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 10:10 PM
That's why they hit them in work places. They block all the doors and then move in. Those that run, run right into the arms of the officers at the exits.

This size bust will send most into hiding now. Give it another week and they will be back out. And a bust on Brewski's will definitely net a ton of them. Same with the mexican motel next door to it.

I dont think it will send anyone into hiding. Raids like this are rare. It happens once every couple of years. The last time it happened here in in my town of Carson City. They arrested over one hundred illegals at one business. It almost put them out of business as it was 95% of their employees.

What I cant get is the company right next door hires hundreds of illegals, im sure most of you have heard of it, it's called Basalite and they make concrete mix and cement blocks as well as bricks. They ship nationwide and are the biggest supplier of Masonry products. For the life of me I can not understand why they haven't to this day raided the place. A bunch of us have boycotted their products as we wont support a company that hires illegals and breaks the law. I strongly encourage everyone here to do the same thing.

Gaffer
08-28-2007, 10:19 PM
In this area most of them will go into hiding for about a week and then it will be business as usual. Where they work and where they live is common knowledge around here. This is the second big bust in 3 months with a number of smaller busts in between. There was a big bust over in Kentucky not long ago as well.

Butler county where this bust took place is really starting to crack down. I think the sheriff there is pushing ICE to clean out the area.

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 10:21 PM
In this area most of them will go into hiding for about a week and then it will be business as usual. Where they work and where they live is common knowledge around here. This is the second big bust in 3 months with a number of smaller busts in between. There was a big bust over in Kentucky not long ago as well.

Butler county where this bust took place is really starting to crack down. I think the sheriff there is pushing ICE to clean out the area.

I wonder why it hasn't been on the news?!? Wait I retract my previous statement as we know the Liberals control the media.

Gaffer
08-28-2007, 10:25 PM
I wonder why it hasn't been on the news?!? Wait I retract my previous statement as we know the Liberals control the media.

It was on the news locally. It made the radio news anyway.

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 10:30 PM
It was on the news locally. It made the radio news anyway.

Not national though. It should be, it would show American's that our Government is doing something to actively combat this growing problem.

Pale Rider
08-29-2007, 12:15 AM
This is the way to do it. Just start small and keep it quite. No need to alarm the PC, liberal, moronic, illegal coddling, sell America down the road, shit bags.

I love it. Stories like this renew my hope that America can do the right thing.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Trigg again.

nevadamedic
08-29-2007, 12:21 AM
This is the way to do it. Just start small and keep it quite. No need to alarm the PC, liberal, moronic, illegal coddling, sell America down the road, shit bags.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

Trinity
08-29-2007, 05:56 AM
I dont think it will send anyone into hiding. Raids like this are rare. It happens once every couple of years. The last time it happened here in in my town of Carson City. They arrested over one hundred illegals at one business. It almost put them out of business as it was 95% of their employees.

What I cant get is the company right next door hires hundreds of illegals, im sure most of you have heard of it, it's called Basalite and they make concrete mix and cement blocks as well as bricks. They ship nationwide and are the biggest supplier of Masonry products. For the life of me I can not understand why they haven't to this day raided the place. A bunch of us have boycotted their products as we wont support a company that hires illegals and breaks the law. I strongly encourage everyone here to do the same thing.

Actually yes it will.....When I was working at Brewske's there were several raids and the next couple of weekends after the raids where we would normally do 1500 a night we were down to like 400 to 500 a night. It usually took about a month to get numbers back up to where they were before the raids.

Trigg
08-29-2007, 10:46 AM

Well thanks for trying to rep me. I knew you'd like the story especially since they were calling them illegal aliens.

I completely agree, small raids all over the US will keep them hopping and with the laws going into affect in Okla. and Arkansas, maybe they will start going home.

Gaffer
08-29-2007, 01:58 PM
About 20 of those arrested have been charged with state crimes now. probably ID theft. They are not giving specific charges.

Pale Rider
08-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Well thanks for trying to rep me. I knew you'd like the story especially since they were calling them illegal aliens.

I completely agree, small raids all over the US will keep them hopping and with the laws going into affect in Okla. and Arkansas, maybe they will start going home.

That's the idea. Dry up the tit they're here for, and they'll have no more reason to be here.

waterrescuedude2000
08-29-2007, 10:30 PM
I will rep him for you pale

manu1959
08-29-2007, 10:57 PM

illegal aliens ? ! ... they are imigration criminals ....

nevadamedic
08-29-2007, 11:07 PM
I will rep him for you pale

You have a bunch of brown stuff on your nose you need to wipe off............

Trinity
08-30-2007, 02:12 PM
About 20 of those arrested have been charged with state crimes now. probably ID theft. They are not giving specific charges.

Probably....... I know for a fact that out of the 1500 Mexicans that walked through the doors of Brewske's on any given night 75% to 85% of the ID's were fake. My husband got real good at picking out fake Id's. It was so bad at one point him not allowing them in because of the fake ID's the manager finally told him just let them in. Cause we had no customers.

Trinity
08-31-2007, 07:07 AM
How Suspected Illegal Aliens Escaped Immigration Raid
Last Update: 8/30 6:29 am

We are gaining new insight into the immigration raid at a Fairfield poultry plant.

Federal agents pulled 161 suspected illegal aliens from Koch Foods Tuesday, but did not find all of them.

Family members of workers say those workers were able to hide from immigration agents inside Koch Foods during that raid.

Family members of several workers say illegal plant employees hid from immigration agents inside the plant for 12 hours during the raid.

The husband of Maria Mendez Gonzales was one of the workers hiding. She didn't know if he was in jail or being deported.

"That's what I thought all night, I didn't sleep," said Maria Mendez Gonzales, husband works at Koch Foods. "I just prayed, hoping God would help me."

Agents failed to find her husband and he's still in hiding, fearing he'll eventually be sent back home.

Maria and her husband are from Guatemala. With no job at home, she admits she snuck into the U.S., actually walking across the Arizona border.

She paid $2,000 for a ride to Cincinnati. Her husband was already here, and knew to go to the "chicken company" for work, Koch Foods.

There she says her husband presented an Ohio ID card and a fake social security card he bought for $150.

He's now been an employee at Koch for three years. He works for $8 an hour, with no health benefits.

Like many of the workers detained Tuesday, the risk of living here illegally is worth it for Maria, her husband and their young son.

In Guatemala, she lived in a mud hut. Here, they make enough to rent an apartment in North Fairmount.

"We don't feel anything," said Gonzales. "It's just God who takes us where we need to go."

Maria says her husband won't come back to Koch Foods, but will find another local company ready to hire him in a few days.

20 of the workers detained Tuesday are charged with forging documents.

Koch Foods says it has a strict policy regarding illegal immigrants, and has even asked the government to check its records, but the government did not act on the offer.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=ce407bc2-f575-4f11-a53e-741b00f373d8

Trinity
08-31-2007, 07:12 AM
Restaurant Owner Arrested In Immigration Raid
12 People Detained

UPDATED: 6:10 pm EDT June 5, 2006

Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials detained a total of 12 people during their sweep -- 10 at a home in a quiet neighborhood and two at Bee's Buffet on Nilles Road.

All are suspected of being in the U.S. illegally.

Authorities also seized evidence from both the home and restaurant, including cash, records, receipts and a new SUV.

Officials told News 5 that the owner of Bee's was asked to leave the country years ago but failed to comply with the order.

Fairfield City Councilman Steve Miller, who lives next door to the restaurant owner's home, said he was shocked by the roundup.

"I had no clue whatsoever there were that many people living in that home and that they were illegal," he said. "They took real good care of the property. You never heard anything or saw anything."

So far, no one has been charged, but authorities said the investigation has being going on for months.

ICE would not release the names of the detainees because their investigation is still open, but the 12 suspects -- nine men and three women -- could be charged as soon as Wednesday.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/9322577/detail.html

Restaurant Owner Sentenced For Harboring Illegal Worker

POSTED: 8:26 am EDT August 29, 2007
UPDATED: 8:41 am EDT August 29, 2007

FAIRFIELD, Ohio -- A Chinese restaurant owner must spend one year in prison and pay $100,000 in fines for harboring an illegal immigrant employee.

A federal judge also has ordered that Jing Fei Jiang forfeit his Fairfield restaurant and the property it's on if he does not pay the fines in 30 days. Jiang, who is not a U.S. citizen, also will face deportation after serving his sentence.

The owner of Bee's Buffet was arrested last year after federal prosecutors accused him of "inducing, transporting and harboring" illegal workers at his restaurant. He pleaded guilty to a harboring count in January.

His attorney has described him as a hard-working businessman who spends about 70 hours a week at his restaurant. Jiang has unsuccessfully sought political asylum, claiming he was a pro-democracy protester in China.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/14001020/detail.html