PDA

View Full Version : Costco or Sam's Club?

-Cp
08-28-2007, 08:35 PM
To those who've been to both - what's your favorite?

For me, I prefer Costco - it's not teaming with the Wal-Mart mouth-breathers like Sam's Club...

JohnDoe
08-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Costco is a better company for the American worker and a great example that others should follow imho.

glockmail
08-28-2007, 08:56 PM

For me, I prefer Costco - it's not teaming with the Wal-Mart mouth-breathers like Sam's Club...

Better food selection at Costco. Plus the walmart thing. Why pay for a membership when you can get the same thing next door?

When I lived in Sorry-Excuse, NY we had the choice of BJ's Wholesale or Sam's, and made the same decision there as well.

glockmail
08-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Costco is a better company for the American worker and a great example that others should follow imho. Gotta bring te commie thing in here.

They do have great bathrooms though. I've designed bathrooms myself using their concepts. Plus its a great place to get a cheap hot dog with kraut, not an ez thing to do here in The South.

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Gotta bring te commie thing in here.

They do have great bathrooms though. I've designed bathrooms myself using their concepts. Plus its a great place to get a cheap hot dog with kraut, not an ez thing to do here in The South.

I knew it, you like wieners! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Guernicaa
08-28-2007, 09:20 PM
All I know is that Sams Club has dirt cheap food and its mad good.

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Whatever happened to Price Club? I miss that place, does anyone else remember that?

Pale Rider
08-28-2007, 11:37 PM
I was talked into getting a Costco membership. I shopped that day and then one other. For the fifty bucks it cost to join, it wasn't even worth it. Never again.

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 11:40 PM
I was talked into getting a Costco membership. I shopped that day and then one other. For the fifty bucks it cost to join, it wasn't even worth it. Never again.

It's well worth it! Ive taken items back and exchanged them after two years! They have the best Return/Exchange Policy in retail!

hjmick
08-28-2007, 11:44 PM
Whatever happened to Price Club? I miss that place, does anyone else remember that?

Price Club and Costco merged in 1993.

-Cp
08-29-2007, 12:09 AM
A great article as to why Costco Rocks... :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/17/business/yourmoney/17costco.html?ei=5088&en=8b31033c5b6a6d68&ex=1279252800&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&pagewanted=all

nevadamedic
08-29-2007, 12:27 AM
Price Club and Costco merged in 1993.

Yea but the looks inside seem to have changed.............

Pale Rider
08-29-2007, 12:46 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/17/business/yourmoney/17costco.html?ei=5088&en=8b31033c5b6a6d68&ex=1279252800&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&pagewanted=all

I just didn't see where the big advantage was. I can get the same shit at Wal Mart for practically the same price, MINUS the fifty dollar membership fee.

82Marine89
08-29-2007, 12:59 AM

Bathrooms. Hot dogs with kraut. Doing things in "The South". You have something you want to tell us?

Jon
08-29-2007, 03:55 AM
I voted Sam's Club because there wasn't a "both" option.

Having shopped at both for the past several years, I can't find much difference between them. There are just as many "mouth breathers" at both places, and they each have their minor strengths and weaknesses.

Jon
08-29-2007, 04:06 AM

Looks like a great place to work - if you have to work retail. :2up:

glockmail
08-29-2007, 05:48 AM
Bathrooms. Hot dogs with kraut. Doing things in "The South". You have something you want to tell us?
I thought I just did, big boy... :laugh2:

glockmail
08-29-2007, 05:50 AM
I knew it, you like wieners! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Bread, meat and veggies all in one shot. Its the perfect food, for a buck. :cool:

remie
08-29-2007, 07:52 AM

Costco has more stuff and better stuff especially on the bigger ticket items like electronics etc. I wish we had one close by.

Abbey Marie
08-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Never been to either one. Am I missing something?

-Cp
08-29-2007, 10:00 AM
I voted Sam's Club because there wasn't a "both" option.

Having shopped at both for the past several years, I can't find much difference between them. There are just as many "mouth breathers" at both places, and they each have their minor strengths and weaknesses.

I highly disagree as I have a built in "mouth-breather detector" and it goes off left and right inside a Sam's Club - sorta the same way it does whenever I've had the misfortune of going into a Wal-Mart....:P

If you want to see a HUGE difference, just try taking something back to sam's.. they're return policy blows... additionally, their produce is junk (not near as fresh as Costco's) as is their meat selection...

Costco has a better selection of quality wines as well... Costco also bakes their own breads and cakes etc in each store fresh dailly...

Sams is basically a Wal-Martz with a $50 dollar entry fee..

PostmodernProphet
08-29-2007, 10:08 AM

yeah, saving some money....

for example, I buy bottled water and other beverages there by the case and save about 50% over grocery store prices....

we have a big freezer and I stock up on items like chicken breasts, meat balls, and other items I can grab a handful of to use in cooking up quick meals.....

every fall I buy a few full pork tenderloins, cut them into sections large enough to feed one meal to the family and freeze them......end up with a couple of dozen pork roasts at a cost of about $2.29 a pound....

I have also purchased a lot of electronic equipment at Sam's.....I like to go around the last week of the month before they close out items.....sometimes you can pick up the last computer in inventory at 50% off or more.....look for items with a price card ending in something other than 99 cents......for example a computer offered for $599.91.....that is the signal to staff that they are allowed to negotiate on price......

Jon
08-29-2007, 10:29 AM
I highly disagree as I have a built in "mouth-breather detector" and it goes off left and right inside a Sam's Club - sorta the same way it does whenever I've had the misfortune of going into a Wal-Mart....:P

If you want to see a HUGE difference, just try taking something back to sam's.. they're return policy blows... additionally, their produce is junk (not near as fresh as Costco's) as is their meat selection...

Costco has a better selection of quality wines as well... Costco also bakes their own breads and cakes etc in each store fresh dailly...

Sams is basically a Wal-Martz with a $50 dollar entry fee..

I shop at both weekly. I buy the best products at both.

Costco's return policy isn't as good as it used to be. Try taking a computer or digital camera back now. Either way, I don't generally return items. Just lucky I guess.

darin
08-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Costco - no Sam's near my house.

retiredman
08-29-2007, 10:51 AM

maybe glock can tell us about foot tapping!

retiredman
08-29-2007, 10:57 AM
having seen "the high cost of low prices", my wife and I don't do walmart/sam's, and there are no costco's in the area... I have been to costco's in the past and they were far superior to Sam's.....

JohnDoe
08-29-2007, 11:20 AM

IF it is the TRUTH, why not bring it up on this thread about the two companies?

Are you a fascist?

or is it that hotdogs and kraut and bathroom design, are the only thing important to you regarding this? (though I can understand the need for good dogs and kraut) :poke: jd

-Cp
08-29-2007, 11:41 AM
I shop at both weekly. I buy the best products at both.

Costco's return policy isn't as good as it used to be. Try taking a computer or digital camera back now. Either way, I don't generally return items. Just lucky I guess.

You can thank the folks out there who were LIBERALly taking advantage of the return policy in order to get upgrades to the newest electronics everytime a new model would come out...

I knew a bastard who would do that every year with his DVD player so he'd always have the latest and greatest...

So yeah.. I guess Costco must have had - at one time - enough mouth-breathers in there to make it change its policy on the return of certain electronics...

So in turn, Costco was forced to change in order to send the mouth-breathers back to Wal-Martz and Sam's Club where they belong... :)

-Cp
08-29-2007, 11:50 AM

Which State do you live in Abbey?

Abbey Marie
08-29-2007, 02:10 PM
At various times, NYC, NJ, and now Delaware. I'm slowly moving south, lol.

hjmick
08-29-2007, 02:28 PM

Next stop: Key West...Margaritaville.

Abbey Marie
08-29-2007, 02:32 PM

I was there a long time ago. It was great! Much more built up now, I've heard.

JohnDoe
08-29-2007, 03:05 PM
I was there a long time ago. It was great! Much more built up now, I've heard. The only thing that I don't have in common with your travels is the Delaware thing!!

I lived in NYC and New Jersey a few times in my life and I too have been to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville in Key West on vacay, but my visit was over a decade ago....

I did not live in Manhatten, I lived in various regions of Brooklyn.

I worked in Manhatten though, several weeks a year, up until 2001.

Graduated High School in Jersey...and began college in the State...., also lived there as a child, for a short period. jd

jackass
08-29-2007, 04:15 PM
The only thing that I don't have in common with your travels is the Delaware thing!!

I lived in NYC and New Jersey a few times in my life and I too have been to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville in Key West on vacay, but my visit was over a decade ago....

I did not live in Manhatten, I lived in various regions of Brooklyn.

I worked in Manhatten though, several weeks a year, up until 2001.

Graduated High School in Jersey...and began college in the State...., also lived there as a child, for a short period. jd

What school in NJ did you graduate from?

jackass
08-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Costco is FAR superior to Sams. When you walk into Sams..look up in the steel. Their pallets are crooked and leaning up against each other. Next really look at the specs of the electronics they sell. They sell the cheaper version of items that Costco sells. Example the 32 Vizio kcd at Sams sells for a little less than at Costco. The difference? The Sams one has less contrast ratio and less inputs in the back. Next...Costco..as far as I know...has NEVER had its meat department closed. Has happened many times at Sams!
Costco had to change the return policy because of the people taking advantage if it, It is still the best in the business and gives you a free 2 year warranty on almost all electronics.

P.S.
I am a little biases as I work at Costco but the facts are the facts.

-Cp
08-29-2007, 04:24 PM

Perhaps this one is close to ya?

http://www.costco.com/Warehouse/LocationTemplate.aspx?Warehouse=246&lang=en-US

glockmail
08-29-2007, 08:05 PM
maybe glock can tell us about foot tapping!
WTF?:pee:

glockmail
08-29-2007, 08:08 PM
IF it is the TRUTH, why not bring it up on this thread about the two companies?

Are you a fascist?

or is it that hotdogs and kraut and bathroom design, are the only thing important to you regarding this? (though I can understand the need for good dogs and kraut) :poke: jd

No, I'm a conservative. Fascists are liberals. :poke:

Costco sells those things mentioned, plus their bathrooms are first-rate. Aren't we talking about the store?

Kathianne
08-29-2007, 08:27 PM
I agree with Glock about the restrooms, I think too that Costco has better lighting, other than that, they both have their positives and negatives. Both have choice meats. Both have lots of low priced canned goods, you just need the room to store large quantities. I think Sam's has a better selection on bakery and better quality too. Costco does better on wines and vegetables. Both have a good selection of electronics, furniture and appliances.

retiredman
08-29-2007, 08:37 PM
No, I'm a conservative. Fascists are liberals. :poke:

Costco sells those things mentioned, plus their bathrooms are first-rate. Aren't we talking about the store?

but glock...are they as "toe-tappin' good" as the ones in the minneapolis airport?

lol

JohnDoe
08-29-2007, 08:38 PM
What school in NJ did you graduate from?

check your pm, sending it now!

Pale Rider
08-29-2007, 08:40 PM

You don't want to go there. It's faggotville, not margaritaville.

glockmail
08-29-2007, 10:42 PM
but glock...are they as "toe-tappin' good" as the ones in the minneapolis airport?

lol

But this, asshole. :pee:

Why do Liberals always use "gay" as an insult?

glockmail
08-29-2007, 10:59 PM
I agree with Glock about the restrooms, .....

The bathrooms have a seamless epoxy floor with an integral cove base that minimizes surface area of the wall to floor area. Together with the floor drains(female) or floor-pit urinals (male), this makes it very easy to clean, basically with a hose.

Only the queers on this board would think of toe-tapping.