PDA

View Full Version : Trump has needlessly pissed off Latinos

tailfins
12-22-2018, 11:24 PM
The wall is actually a benefit to Mexico. The big elephant in the room is drug cartels. They make their money by cross-border drug and human trafficking. Anything that impedes the operation of the drug cartels makes Mexico safer. If Trump hadn't approached Mexico on an adversarial basis and instead talked about building a wall against the cartels and how honest, hard working Mexicans deserve a safe place to live and work, he might have actually convinced Mexico to help pay for the wall. Law abiding people by definition don't cross the border illegally, they stay in Mexico and make the best of the hand they have been dealt. Violence from the drug cartels represents a failure of the USA to control it's drug problem. Mexico deserves assistance from the USA to help reduce violence that is aggravated by failures on part of the US.

Drug cartels are every bit as destructive as Islamic terrorists.

Gunny
12-22-2018, 11:32 PM
The wall is actually a benefit to Mexico. The big elephant in the room is drug cartels. They make their money by cross-border drug and human trafficking. Anything that impedes the operation of the drug cartels makes Mexico safer. If Trump hadn't approached Mexico on an adversarial basis and instead talked about building a wall against the cartels and how honest, hard working Mexicans deserve a safe place to live and work, he might have actually convinced Mexico to help pay for the wall. Law abiding people by definition don't cross the border illegally, they stay in Mexico and make the best of the hand they have been dealt. Violence from the drug cartels represents a failure of the USA to control it's drug problem. Mexico deserves assistance from the USA to help reduce violence that is aggravated by failures on part of the US.

Drug cartels are every bit as destructive as Islamic terrorists.Brilliant. Did you come to this conclusion staring into a bowl of spaghetti, or what?

Who cares which criminals you piss off when enforcing the law? The drugs are here illegally. The people are here illegally. There's a common denominator in that for your epiphany to consider.

tailfins
12-22-2018, 11:39 PM
Brilliant. Did you come to this conclusion staring into a bowl of spaghetti, or what?

Who cares which criminals you piss off when enforcing the law? The drugs are here illegally. The people are here illegally. There's a common denominator in that for your epiphany to consider.

I came to that conclusion conversing with Mexicans and Mexican-Americans (some refer to them "Texicans").

So it's your position that every Latino in the USA is here illegally? That's good to know. Does that mean that you want the GOP to write off all of the Latino vote?

Gunny
12-23-2018, 11:51 AM
I came to that conclusion conversing with Mexicans and Mexican-Americans (some refer to them "Texicans").

So it's your position that every Latino in the USA is here illegally? That's good to know. Does that mean that you want the GOP to write off all of the Latino vote?And you chose to blame Trump specifically WHY? The law, on both illegal aliens and illegal drugs were written LONG before he became President.

This is one instance where I wholly support the President. This issue existed long before him, and has been an issue with me as far back as I can remember. We have illegal immigration laws and we have illegal drug laws. Enforce them. The ignoring of both has been a pain in MY ass both personally and professionally since the 80s. Both issues are REAL problems.

If he pisses off self-interested jerk-offs for wanting to enforce the law? Who gives a shit?

And just to add this: I worked with mostly Mexican-Americans in the construction trade for years. MOST of the Tejanos HATE wetbacks. In the Marine Corps, half my troops were Mexican-Americans, mostly from Texas and California. THEY hated wetbacks. So just who is it you supposedly represent? A bunch of jerks in Brazil casting judgment without a dog in the fight? Because their opinions matter :rolleyes:

tailfins
12-23-2018, 11:56 AM
I blame Trump because he could have "sold" the idea of the wall properly, but didn't. He has a serious problem with Latinos and suburbanites. Trump likely cost the GOP about 4 Senate seats and control of the House.

NightTrain
12-23-2018, 12:11 PM
I blame Trump because he could have "sold" the idea of the wall properly, but didn't. He has a serious problem with Latinos and suburbanites. Trump likely cost the GOP about 4 Senate seats and control of the House.

News flash, Einstein : GOP increased the Senate majority by 3.

The House historically switches. Review history.

Who gives a shit who you blame? Your opinion is irrelevant and has been for many years.

Move to that 3rd world country and spew your bile down there.

tailfins
12-23-2018, 12:15 PM
News flash, Einstein : GOP increased the Senate majority by 3.

The House historically switches. Review history.

Who gives a shit who you blame? Your opinion is irrelevant and has been for many years.

Move to that 3rd world country and spew your bile down there.

53-51=2. That's a two seat increase with a once-in-a-generation favorable political map. NV, AZ, MI, WV and possibly NJ would have GOP Senators if the party had not tanked in the suburbs.

Gunny
12-23-2018, 12:21 PM

SO this is just a blame Trump thread. Read much? I'm hardly his biggest fan AS A PERSON. When he has made decisions I don't agree with I have been quite vocal, not to mention pissing off all his loyal to death followers. He was my LAST choice in the primaries. But once he became the candidate, he was STILL a choice above the Clinton Criminal Foundation.

As President, I just don't have a whole lot to bitch about. I'm not going to sit here and bitch about him doing something I want done/agree with just because he's Trump. The Dems and Trump-haters have done nothing BUT that. Doesn't matter what it is nor what it accomplishes. Kill it because it's Trump.

You're blaming him for bullshit. He's tried to sell this wall in just about every fashion conceivable and it took strong-arming to get even one thing done. The left has misused the law at every turn to block his every attempt to ENFORCE EXISTING LAW.

You want to blame someone? Blame the idiots like Soros and whatever other groups funded these Guatemalans. Blame Mexico for what has been a problem for a couple of centuries reacting to nothing BUT being coerced. Blame the Democratic party and leftwingers for forcing him into the position he is in instead of acting like mature adults and doing what they are paid for which is protect the best interest of the US and its citizens.

Trump has actually done more to facilitate LEGAL immigration and speed up the process than any other President I know of.

So if the criminals and their supporters get their fucking little feelings hurt? Wah.

High_Plains_Drifter
12-23-2018, 12:34 PM
You wouldn't know it if you listen to the mongrel democrat propaganda wing, but President Trump has the BACKING of the VAST MAJORITY of Americans in this WALL fight, and that is a FACT. He RAN on securing the border, that's why he was ELECTED, by the MAJORITY of Americans, and they're expecting it to get done.

This pathetic shut down is a temper tantrum, that's for sure, but it's CHUCKIE CHEESE'S shut down, not President Trump's, because it was just a few MONTHS AGO that Chuckie Cheese was FOR securing the border. Democrats SUCK. Their HATE for Trump is so unhinged that it overrides NATIONAL SECURITY. It's turned them into TWO FACED, HYPOCRITICAL LIARS and DING BATS, and that's what most Americans see.

This is great for 2020, because it will come back to bite the dems in the ass, along with whatever other DUMBASS things they have planned to just FUCK THINGS UP because of their TDS.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-23-2018, 12:35 PM

Drug cartels are every bit as destructive as Islamic terrorists.

Trump has been pissing people off since he first tossed his hat into the ring and look where that pissing people off got him.
Surely you have not missed that, or have you?
As President those that put him in that place want him to continue to piss off those worthless, corrupt, dishonorable, traitorous, sorry-ass liberal dems and their equally worthless,corrupt, dishonorable sorry-ass allies.
The more he pisses off by destroying the lying worthless scum maggot obama's ffing traitorous shit the better, IMHO.
Do you ever open your eyes?? -- Tyr

NightTrain
12-23-2018, 09:06 PM
53-51=2. That's a two seat increase with a once-in-a-generation favorable political map. NV, AZ, MI, WV and possibly NJ would have GOP Senators if the party had not tanked in the suburbs.

You are correct.

I was wrong.

Thank you for setting me straight!