PDA

View Full Version : Texas governor wants more immigration

gabosaurus
08-28-2007, 10:02 PM
You guys should just LOVE this. The fabulous governor of Texas, Rick Perry, is in Mexico. Where he proceeded to slam the U.S. government for not making it easier for illegal aliens to enter the country.
Not too long ago, while running for re-election, Perry vowed to toughen immigration laws. He is one of proponents of the border fence.
And no, I am not making this post because Perry is a Republican. I am making this post because Perry is a two-faced idiot, typical of why it is so tough to get immigration reform in this country.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5090944.html

MEXICO CITY — Leading a large delegation of Texas executives trying to drum up business in Mexico, Gov. Rick Perry on Tuesday criticized the U.S. Congress for failing to pass an immigration bill that would legalize millions of workers.

"I don't think this is that difficult an issue if Congress would have the maturity to sit down and really discuss it and cut out all the mean rhetoric," Perry said during a break in the third day of meetings with Mexican officials and business executives.

"We need those individuals to continue to grow our economy," he said of Texas' undocumented workers, most of whom hail from Mexico. "The vast, vast majority of those individuals want to come and work and take care of their families."

Perry made the remarks in Mexico City, where immigration is nearly as big a hot-button issue as it is in Washington. He spoke at a press conference shortly before meeting with President Felipe Calderon who, like past Mexican presidents, has lobbied for changes in U.S. immigration law that would include a guest-worker program.

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 10:03 PM
You guys should just LOVE this. The fabulous governor of Texas, Rick Perry, is in Mexico. Where he proceeded to slam the U.S. government for not making it easier for illegal aliens to enter the country.
Not too long ago, while running for re-election, Perry vowed to toughen immigration laws. He is one of proponents of the border fence.
And no, I am not making this post because Perry is a Republican. I am making this post because Perry is a two-faced idiot, typical of why it is so tough to get immigration reform in this country.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5090944.html

MEXICO CITY — Leading a large delegation of Texas executives trying to drum up business in Mexico, Gov. Rick Perry on Tuesday criticized the U.S. Congress for failing to pass an immigration bill that would legalize millions of workers.

"I don't think this is that difficult an issue if Congress would have the maturity to sit down and really discuss it and cut out all the mean rhetoric," Perry said during a break in the third day of meetings with Mexican officials and business executives.

"We need those individuals to continue to grow our economy," he said of Texas' undocumented workers, most of whom hail from Mexico. "The vast, vast majority of those individuals want to come and work and take care of their families."

Perry made the remarks in Mexico City, where immigration is nearly as big a hot-button issue as it is in Washington. He spoke at a press conference shortly before meeting with President Felipe Calderon who, like past Mexican presidents, has lobbied for changes in U.S. immigration law that would include a guest-worker program.

Governor Perry is a tool.

08-28-2007, 10:09 PM
if we legally let them in they arent illegal.

PostmodernProphet
08-28-2007, 10:14 PM

omigorsh, what's this....do I detect a voice of reason in the immigration debate?.....

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 10:26 PM

It's still not the right way to do it, these people are criminals and should be treated as such.

Pale Rider
08-28-2007, 11:19 PM
So... another "elected" official doing his damnedest to sell America out to illegal mexicans. What's new?

I don't have much faith left in this country. I just want to move as far back in the sticks away from people as possible and try to not see the disintegration of this country. If it comes to my door, I'll blow it away.

I "WISH" this shoe was on the other foot. I "WISH" it was twenty million Americans invading mexico DEMANDING mexico DO THEIR BIDDING. I wonder how well that scenario would be playing out?

stephanie
08-28-2007, 11:48 PM
So... another "elected" official doing his damnedest to sell America out to illegal mexicans. What's new?

I don't have much faith left in this country. I just want to move as far back in the sticks away from people as possible and try to not see the disintegration of this country. If it comes to my door, I'll blow it away.

I "WISH" this shoe was on the other foot. I "WISH" it was twenty million Americans invading mexico DEMANDING mexico DO THEIR BIDDING. I wonder how well that scenario would be playing out?

Multiculturalism is what is killing this country...
Not asking people to assimilate...and become AN AMERICAN..

As I've said before....
It was nice while it lasted..:salute:

nevadamedic
08-28-2007, 11:54 PM
Perry should be impeached.

Pale Rider
08-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Multiculturalism is what is killing this country...
Not asking people to assimilate...and become AN AMERICAN..

As I've said before....
It was nice while it lasted..:salute:

You got it Steph... only problem is, by the time the apathetics come out of their comas, the country will be gone. I want to be dead. I don't want to see it.

nevadamedic
08-29-2007, 12:06 AM
You got it Steph... only problem is, by the time the apathetics come out of their comas, the country will be gone. I want to be dead. I don't want to see it.

Look at that thread about a business that got hit this week and like 160 Illegals arrested!