PDA

View Full Version : Credit given, then taken away

jimnyc
12-26-2018, 11:47 AM
So I personally gave Trump kudos and credit for many a thing thus far, and it's time to bash him a bit. I do like his thinking that government stays shut until the wall funding is made.

But the past month has been horrible. Now I know a lot of the blame goes to folks on both sides trying to obstruct his agendas, but his own hands play a part as well, I believe.

The stock market has taken a dive the past month. There are always a ton of factors that involve both increases and decreases, and I do believe that the uncertainty as of let has led to some of the decrease.

I have mixed feelings about the James Mattis situation, but that might be for the amount of respect and admiration I had for the mad dog! But I've always believed the CiC should listen to the generals, who are hopefully getting information directly from the ground. Mattis made his point clear in his resignation letter.

He kind of bombed in his live debate with Schumer and Pelosi - even though his agenda is correct. Just a speakers loss. Not prepared. Schumer has voted on funding for a wall in the past, and now suddenly he's against it?

Cohen and his sentencing? I'm just not sure what that means. "Individual 1" is apparently Trump in the paperwork. Could he be in for a serious shit ride when out of office? Will they try to impeach when the Mueller report is released? Who knows what crap they drug up after years of "Russian collusion". And others have been brought down, on things that had nothing at all to do with Trump. But does show he was littered with criminals helping him.

So it was a horrid month for Trump, and it's time for the New Year to make a reset, start with a few new employees in key positions and move on...

"IF" he can get the funding, which isn't a ton on the grand scale of things, and get this wall fully funded & built - then he can lose in 2020 and I'd be a happy man. I DO NOT WANT THIS to happen, but I would still consider it a monster success. 2 SC justices. Perhaps the wall. Conservative federal judges out the wazoo. Moving The American Embassy To Jerusalem, Obamacare gutted, tax reform, deregulation, - and many, many, many, many other promises of his kept.

But again, it's been bad as of late, and he needs to fix things - and I believe he will.

pete311
12-26-2018, 12:18 PM
Trump now is without any respected generals for grounding and the acting defense sec was a business exec with no military experience. I am most worried about Mattis leaving. You might like Trump's policies but it's now well known he makes rash decisions and without consulting his advisers which is why Mattis left. That is dangerous no matter the policy.

Since you are being fair with your post which I give you credit Jim, I will as well. I think the market slide is overblown and will rebound in 2019. Amazon just announced record holiday sales and now we see a bit of a bounce. The economy is still pretty good.

I predict Trump will settle for about half of what he wants giving both sides enough to claim victory and the shutdown will end in a week or so.

2019 will be a hell of a ride though with dems in the house and mueller finishing up.

jimnyc
12-26-2018, 12:32 PM
Trump now is without any respected generals for grounding and the acting defense sec was a business exec with no military experience. I am most worried about Mattis leaving. You might like Trump's policies but it's now well known he makes rash decisions and without consulting his advisers which is why Mattis left. That is dangerous no matter the policy.

I believe he'll have someone in FT sooner than later. My hope is that it's a respected general to put us right back on the path to decency. Not everyone working underneath Trump must 100% agree with him, but will need to work in a manner that goes with Trump's agenda, which is their job to begin with. Hopefully, whomever he chooses, and other advisers he works with, will put him back on a path, and on a path that will settle things down, and also settle things down internationally.

Since you are being fair with your post which I give you credit Jim, I will as well. I think the market slide is overblown and will rebound in 2019. Amazon just announced record holiday sales and now we see a bit of a bounce. The economy is still pretty good.

Yes and no. I said a long time back that a lot of forces go into what controls the ups and downs of the market, and it's not the prez who snaps his finger and makes changes. But in the respect of international discussions and international trade, then yes, that alone can affect the market. But I also think that such things also get brought right back up/down with other changes, if that makes sense, which it doesn't as I write it - but does in my head! LOL

I predict Trump will settle for about half of what he wants giving both sides enough to claim victory and the shutdown will end in a week or so.

2019 will be a hell of a ride though with dems in the house and mueller finishing up.

I've read hundreds of articles over the past few weeks, and that's what I believe too, that it settles somewhere in between for the funding. But they need to understand - that there is no point in initial funding, unless there is a plan to continue funding down the road. The length I was never sure about. But hopefully over time (sooner than later in my head) they get the wall built in some fashion. And via tariffs and trade and other methods with Mexico, we get a lot of that funding made up over time, which is also what I said from the beginning.

But my God, they need to get a grasp on things and get us into the new year! And then the democrats come into control, and I'm truly not sure what happens at that point. Full on obstruction? Maybe just house vs senate? And then as we both pointed out - the report from Mueller - which if course some will say it's full of lies, others will dissect it and say it's nothing, and of course the other side will say he needs to be in jail. So it'll be a longer ride than you think, IMO!

High_Plains_Drifter
12-26-2018, 01:09 PM
IDK... as far as the stock market goes, I think that's reacting to the FEDS, who hate President Trump. They don't want him to have a smoking economy because that makes him look good, so they're jacking up interest rates when they really should leave it alone. They bent over backwards for the kenyan and even pumped $85,000,000,000 a month into the stock market and kept interest rates down to prop that sons a bitch up. By the way, where did that $85B a month come from? The FEDS just PRINT MORE MONEY for the kenyan? The government sure could come up with FAST CASH when it came to the kenyan, but President Trump, they fight him tooth and nail every stinking step of the way. If people would stop fighting Trump, I can only imagine how much better it could get.

Mad Dog Mattis, I think any CIC has the right to have a S.O.D. that agrees with him, and Trump ran on getting us out of these perpetual middle east entanglements, and I think most Americans agree with him, Americans have war fatigue, not to mention the trillions of dollars it's cost us. Think if we'd have spent that money on America and our own security. We're not the worlds police, and if we are to spend indefinite lengths of time in these never ending wars with no end in sight, then ALL of NATO needs to have a presence, not just America.

But one last thought... what's stopping us from going full bore to WIN a war? Are we not at war? If we're not, then what are we doing there? And if we are, why aren't we trying to WIN, as in going ALL OUT and kicking ass TOTALLY? Throw EVERYTHING at them. IDK... I just think that any military engagement needs a clear mission, a beginning and an end. Engagements without end just don't seem right to me. Do we LIKE war? Is it that these engagements are just proving grounds for new weapons? To sharpen our war skills? Kinda expensive, not to mention the human lives it costs.

LongTermGuy
12-30-2018, 01:37 PM

pete gets happy with anything negative concerning Mr Trump who works for free....with leftist..."Dug in"Rhinos and never Trumpers against him....all the while not commenting on FAILED obama and loser ...deceitful hillary...