PDA

View Full Version : Amnesty for illegals would bankrupt Social Security system, says analyst

Pale Rider
08-29-2007, 12:58 AM
Amnesty for illegals would bankrupt Social Security system, says analyst

Chad Groening
OneNewsNow.com
May 30, 2007

A domestic policy scholar says the U.S. Social Security system will surely go bankrupt if President Bush and members of Congress who are pushing amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants have their way.

Robert Rector says the so-called "comprehensive immigration reform plan" making its way through Congress would add millions of additional workers to the Social Security rolls. Rector, a senior research fellow in domestic policy at the Heritage Foundation in Washington, DC, says with $18,000 in annual Social Security benefits over a 20-year retirement period, each new amnestied worker would receive over $300,000 in retirement benefits.

According to Rector, if an estimated nine million adults join the system, that would result in a total cost of $2.5 trillion for all the new beneficiaries. "And that cost is going to come crashing into the Social Security System at exactly the time that Social Security is already going bankrupt," he emphasizes.

Social Security, he asserts, would crumble under those staggering costs. "It's just an absolutely disastrous deal," he says in reference to the pending legislation. "It's ruinous to the taxpayer. It will bankrupt Social Security, not make it better."

The Heritage Foundation spokesman contends the president and members of Congress really do not care because those costs will not hit for another 10 to 15 years.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/05/amnesty_for_illegals_would_ban.php

Pale Rider
08-29-2007, 03:26 AM
You all KNOW this TOO... and I will NOT let ANYONE forget it during the upcoming Presidential campaign...

Angel Heart
08-29-2007, 05:19 AM
:lol: It's going to be even without them. I know there will be nothing by the time I'm old enough to apply. Who cares if it's a few years earlier.

Pale Rider
08-29-2007, 05:23 AM
:lol: It's going to be even without them. I know there will be nothing by the time I'm old enough to apply. Who cares if it's a few years earlier.

What does that mean?

PostmodernProphet
08-29-2007, 06:16 AM
Amnesty for illegals would bankrupt Social Security system, says analyst

??...why include them in Social Security?......create a work visa system that permits people who want a job to come in to work......require the employer to pay in the employer's share of SS, do not require the non-citizen work visa employee to pay into SS, and exclude them from benefits.....

quite simple......

Trigg
08-29-2007, 10:58 AM
??...why include them in Social Security?......create a work visa system that permits people who want a job to come in to work......require the employer to pay in the employer's share of SS, do not require the non-citizen work visa employee to pay into SS, and exclude them from benefits.....

quite simple......

There is already a work visa system in place in the US it's called HB1 visa. Right now non-resident workers do not pay into SS or Medicare.

http://www.workpermit.com/us/us_h1b.htm

The US H1B visa is a non-immigrant visa, which allows a US company to employ a foreign individual for up to six years. As applying for a non-immigration visa is generally quicker than applying for a US Green Card, staff required on long-term assignment in the US are often initially brought in using a non-immigrant visa such as the H1B visa.

PostmodernProphet
08-29-2007, 11:04 AM
H1B visas are for highly skilled workers.....HB2 visas which are not for highly skilled workers are limited to 66,000 per year.....

not enough.....

Trigg
08-29-2007, 11:08 AM
H1B visas are for highly skilled workers.....HB2 visas which are not for highly skilled workers are limited to 66,000 per year.....

not enough.....

From ski resort workers in Colorado to amusement park employees in Florida, 66,000 temporary workers come to the US on an H2B visa. In 2005, all of these visas had been granted by 4 January. Due to the high demand, in May 2005 the US government decided that foreign employees returning to a previous job would be exempt from the visa cap.

Monkeybone
08-29-2007, 12:09 PM
so if they were made legal and had to start paying taxes, all of the money that they would be putting into it wouldn't be enough to stabilize the new load? why not?

waterrescuedude2000
08-29-2007, 10:37 PM
That it will probably be gone when I am old enough but still I know its not enough to live on so thats why I can't rely on our government for that you got to save up enough on your own..

Pale Rider
08-30-2007, 11:37 AM
so if they were made legal and had to start paying taxes, all of the money that they would be putting into it wouldn't be enough to stabilize the new load? why not?

Because there's not enough money in the fund to pay the ones that have been paying into it all their life already.

Psychoblues
08-30-2007, 11:20 PM
Some of you jerks can't read the writing on the walls. Mexicans are not the problem. Republicans are.

Pale Rider
08-30-2007, 11:44 PM
Some of you jerks can't read the writing on the walls. Mexicans are not the problem. Republicans are.

Well, that might have been worth reading, if you had ANYTHING to back it up.

Just spewing trash like a liberal won't get you very far. I know that's what you liberals like to do, but that's why us conservatives beat the hell out of you in debates. We use facts... you bull shit.

nevadamedic
08-31-2007, 01:39 AM
Well, that might have been worth reading, if you had ANYTHING to back it up.

Just spewing trash like a liberal won't get you very far. I know that's what you liberals like to do, but that's why us conservatives beat the hell out of you in debates. We use facts... you bull shit.

Drinking and mental retardation is a bad combination, Psycho is living proof of that.

Don't insult him to much or he will break out his homo hipocritical insults.

PostmodernProphet
08-31-2007, 05:47 AM
foreign employees returning to a previous job would be exempt from the visa cap.

link, please......