PDA

View Full Version : National Emergency Act

KarlMarx
01-08-2019, 09:18 PM
The National Emergency Act of 1976 gives the President the authority to declare a National Emergency, then direct the military to undertake construction without the Approval of Congress

[URL]https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/2808 [\URL]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NightTrain
01-09-2019, 12:19 AM
It needs to be done.

I think Trump is setting things up to do just that.

KarlMarx
01-09-2019, 05:45 AM
It needs to be done.

I think Trump is setting things up to do just that.

Agreed. I just wish I could see the looks on the faces of the Geriatric Duo Chuck and Nancy when President Trump pulls it off

High_Plains_Drifter
01-09-2019, 07:32 AM
Agreed. I just wish I could see the looks on the faces of the Geriatric Duo Chuck and Nancy when President Trump pulls it off

Who I would like to just point out, are TWO OLD WHITE PEOPLE.

Well GEEEE... how did that happen? I thought by the way the demtrash talks, the republican party is the only one ruled by the overlord hands of OLD WHITE PEOPLE.

Yes, I want the president to use whatever power he has to get this wall.

The democrats do NOT want their TIDAL WAVE of UNDOCUMENTED DEMOCRAT VOTERS TO END. That is THE, BOTTOM LINE, to ALL of this, but you don't hear any of these DUMBASS talking heads on TV EVER mention it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=389&v=O9QS9gnd3gU

pete311
01-09-2019, 10:02 AM
It would be immediately taken to the courts. Trump would only use it as a cover of last resort. He is trapped. There is no "crisis" and everyone knows it. If passing tax cuts that ended up adding 2 trillion to the national debt was more important then there is no crisis.

LongTermGuy
01-09-2019, 10:18 AM
It would be immediately taken to the courts. Trump would only use it as a cover of last resort. He is trapped. There is no "crisis" and everyone knows it. If passing tax cuts that ended up adding 2 trillion to the national debt was more important then there is no crisis.

Only one`s "trapped" is the Democrats..."Trapped" in their own deceit...lies and Trump-hate butt-hurt Ignorance...Dem`s Know its a "crisis" and everyone knows it...Dem`s were for the border wall...now all of a sudden they are not....Because Trump won... dem`s have to please their butt-hurt (low-info) anti-Trump base....

pete311
01-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Only one`s "trapped" is the Democrats..."Trapped" in their own deceit...lies and Trump-hate butt-hurt Ignorance...Dem`s Know its a "crisis" and everyone knows it...Dem`s were for the border wall...now all of a sudden they are not....Because Trump won... dem`s have to please their butt-hurt (low-info) anti-Trump base....

Funny Trump didn't say a peep about the caravan or terrorists last night. Played the drug card because that is all he got left and even that is shaky at best.

Drummond
01-09-2019, 10:28 AM

As I see it, there's a developing crisis.

It'll get a lot worse if it becomes obvious that inaction rules the day.

Let's say nothing of any real substance comes of all this ... that squabbles over that wall just carry on, without real action taken. What disincentive does that give to further migrants ? They'd be trying to cross the border in multiples of their current numbers.

This is all, surely, painfully obvious ??

The Dems - IF they have America's interests at heart !! - need to wake up to all that, and to understand that if they don't cooperate with Trump, they'll be provably acting AGAINST your country's interests.

pete311
01-09-2019, 10:57 AM
As I see it, there's a developing crisis.

It'll get a lot worse if it becomes obvious that inaction rules the day.

Let's say nothing of any real substance comes of all this ... that squabbles over that wall just carry on, without real action taken. What disincentive does that give to further migrants ? They'd be trying to cross the border in multiples of their current numbers.

This is all, surely, painfully obvious ??

The Dems - IF they have America's interests at heart !! - need to wake up to all that, and to understand that if they don't cooperate with Trump, they'll be provably acting AGAINST your country's interests.

Developing crisis? Look at this chart. 2018 was likely at a 1970 level.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-09-2019, 11:34 AM
It would be immediately taken to the courts.
And it would immediately be overturned by the Supreme Court. The president CLEARLY has the power to declare a national emergency. It's been done before, many times.

Trump would only use it as a cover of last resort. He is trapped.
I don't know what planet he's "trapped" on, but it's not EARTH. Right now he holds all the cards. The democrats are the ones scurrying around like cockroaches in a sewer trying to figure out how they can keep this one from totally biting them in the ass, again.

There is no "crisis" and everyone knows it.
Of course, once again, you're talking out your ass, which at this point, since you do it so often, I'm assuming your mouth looks identical to your anus.

Illegal immigrant families exploit 'catch-and-release' loopholes, surge over border at record levels

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/12/illegal-immigration-soars-families-spot-holes/

Illegal Immigration Last Month Hit Highest Level in Over a Decade

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/10/iillegal-immigration-last-month-hit-highest-level-in-over-a-decade/

If passing tax cuts that ended up adding 2 trillion to the national debt was more important then there is no crisis.

Your little kenyan muslim dog turd messiah DOUBLED the national debt. I don't recall you crying about that.

pete311
01-09-2019, 11:47 AM
And it would immediately be overturned by the Supreme Court. The president CLEARLY has the power to declare a national emergency. It's been done before, many times.

I don't know what planet he's "trapped" on, but it's not EARTH. Right now he holds all the cards. The democrats are the ones scurrying around like cockroaches in a sewer trying to figure out how they can keep this one from totally biting them in the ass, again.

Of course, once again, you're talking out your ass, which at this point, since you do it so often, I'm assuming your mouth looks identical to your anus.

Illegal immigrant families exploit 'catch-and-release' loopholes, surge over border at record levels

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/12/illegal-immigration-soars-families-spot-holes/

Illegal Immigration Last Month Hit Highest Level in Over a Decade

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/10/iillegal-immigration-last-month-hit-highest-level-in-over-a-decade/

Your little kenyan muslim dog turd messiah DOUBLED the national debt. I don't recall you crying about that.

One month is not statistically relevant. No sources for their data. 2018 is not on https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/media-resources/stats

High_Plains_Drifter
01-09-2019, 11:52 AM
One month is not statistically relevant. No sources for their data. 2018 is not on https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/media-resources/stats
Ignoring the other link, along with your opinion of the latest historic surge is what's irrelevant.

There's a crisis on the border. There is a crisis with illegal aliens in America, period, no matter what flavor leftist bull shit you try and spread here... sorry.

Elessar
01-09-2019, 07:39 PM
I read a report in the paper, obscurely hidden in the back pages of the liberal rag,
of another group of 15,000 massing in Honduras and intending to come North.

No 'crisis'?

My Ass!

Gunny
01-09-2019, 08:16 PM
It would be immediately taken to the courts. Trump would only use it as a cover of last resort. He is trapped. There is no "crisis" and everyone knows it. If passing tax cuts that ended up adding 2 trillion to the national debt was more important then there is no crisis.How many trillion in debt were we already? You seem concerned with the economy and/or the law when it suits your warped arguments.

The purpose of the National Emergency Act is to circumvent Congress and the Courts. Good luck.

Elessar
01-09-2019, 08:52 PM
I read a report in the paper, obscurely hidden in the back pages of the liberal rag,
of another group of 15,000 massing in Honduras and intending to come North.

No 'crisis'?

My Ass!

I found the article finally. It states they intend to go into Southern Mexico,
but how many might keep on truckin' North if we do not take a stand NOW,
and block the border?

Elessar
01-09-2019, 08:55 PM
Developing crisis? Look at this chart. 2018 was likely at a 1970 level.

1984, the Mariel 'boat lift' from Cuba.

1999, the Haitian Migration.

Drummond
01-09-2019, 09:19 PM

Your point is a useless one, for two reasons:

1. If there was a massive influx of illegals one month, but this tapered off in successive months, should you conclude that the massive influx deserved to be ignored ?

2. Should everyone, by this reckoning, ignore what happens, no matter how bad it gets, for AN ENTIRE YEAR, just so long as your statistical graph-building model is preserved ?

Better to address crises, 'real-time', rather than wait around for a year before concluding there's a problem !!

Kathianne
01-09-2019, 09:47 PM
Just curious. Should we get rid of Congress and just have a President? Seems the new normal is to go with EOs regardless of whether Congress is of the same party or split.

i guess that would be mostly a dictatorship, but if it changes every 8 years, guess everyone has a shot.

Keep the lower courts, but no need for SCOTUs, no constitution questions.

LongTermGuy
01-09-2019, 09:58 PM
There is no "crisis" and everyone knows it.

​"Atta-boy pete you tell `em"
https://www.glocktalk.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.4cdn.org%2Fpol%2F15 47069379888.png&hash=96f1f07862210c31827f66883440b446

pete311
01-09-2019, 11:21 PM
Your point is a useless one, for two reasons:

1. If there was a massive influx of illegals one month, but this tapered off in successive months, should you conclude that the massive influx deserved to be ignored ?

2. Should everyone, by this reckoning, ignore what happens, no matter how bad it gets, for AN ENTIRE YEAR, just so long as your statistical graph-building model is preserved ?

Better to address crises, 'real-time', rather than wait around for a year before concluding there's a problem !!

You think the wall is gonna be built in a few weeks? It will take years... so... yeah... we got the time to take a better perspective.

pete311
01-09-2019, 11:22 PM
Just curious. Should we get rid of Congress and just have a President? Seems the new normal is to go with EOs regardless of whether Congress is of the same party or split.

i guess that would be mostly a dictatorship, but if it changes every 8 years, guess everyone has a shot.

Until it doesn't change every 8 years... fuck me... now alt right want dictatorships. What would Reagan think...

Elessar
01-09-2019, 11:55 PM
Until it doesn't change every 8 years... fuck me... now alt right want dictatorships. What would Reagan think...

Kind of a broad brush comment for a Chat board. As if it means all on the right.
Typical liberal whining. TISSUE?

Kathianne
01-10-2019, 08:11 AM

It seems my query went right over your head. :rolleyes:

pete311
01-10-2019, 09:42 AM
Kind of a broad brush comment for a Chat board. As if it means all on the right.
Typical liberal whining. TISSUE?

yeah hand me the box, you've been using it for too long

pete311
01-10-2019, 09:43 AM
It seems my query went right over your head. :rolleyes:

trying to equate obama with using EOs to a dictator, yeah I got it and it's not even close, next.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-10-2019, 09:49 AM
trying to equate obama with using EOs to a dictator, yeah I got it and it's not even close, next.
You are, so warped, in your brain washed opinions and extreme hyperbole, I don't think you have a rational bone in your body.

You ARE, a JOKE. People might as well as speak to the DUMP they just took before they flush it, it would be about the same as talking to you.

STTAB
01-10-2019, 12:02 PM

I mean what?

In this instance, Trump would be doing what Congress authorized the POTUS to do.

Unlike , for example, DACA where Obama was not authorized to make such a deal.

But the reality seems to be that Trump isn't going to do it anyway.

Drummond
01-10-2019, 12:27 PM
You think the wall is gonna be built in a few weeks? It will take years... so... yeah... we got the time to take a better perspective.

Well, if you need years to build it .. the sooner the Dems stop their opposition, the better. Seems to me, then, that ANY delay is damaging !!

It also seems to me that your statistical models are rendered meaningless. You can't have a situation where annual dithering results in decisions to see a threat one year, then cease to see it the next, stop and then restart building efforts. Such dithering would have to cause long-term chaos, with nothing achieved. Better to act in defence against a threat, than to periodically dither about whether statistics are showing you one.

Your Left wing has an enormous amount to be ashamed of .. preferring to fight Trump, rather than consider the national interest.

No surprise there, of course ....

High_Plains_Drifter
01-10-2019, 12:46 PM
https://i.ibb.co/H2gVRGM/pelosi-dumbass-bitch.jpg

STTAB
01-10-2019, 01:38 PM

What are you talking about? Years LOL

We're talking about 1100 miles of "wll" here. You pick the worst spots for illegal immigration and start there and build until you're out of funds for the year.

KarlMarx
01-11-2019, 04:16 PM
I don’t recall Congress objecting to the cost of arming our forces after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.

Despite the fact that many thought we should not get involved in the war in Europe, The attack on Pearl Harbor settled the argument.

Thank goodness that Nancy Pelosi wasn’t Speaker of the House and Chuck Schumer wasn’t Senate Minority Leader in December of 1941 or we would all be speaking German or Japanese.

aboutime
01-11-2019, 04:29 PM
I know, it will set a precedent for future Democrat Presidents, and Majority Congress'.

Look at it this way. What's to stop a future Democrat President from using Trump's example, as they declare A NATIONAL EMERGENCY on the 2nd Amendment, and take ALL GUNS from ALL Americans?
THE RESULT WILL BE ANOTHER "CIVIL WAR".

That's only one example. What would stop Dems from DECLARING A National Emergency over Business Owners...telling them they MUST PAY their employee's X Amount. Or RAISING TAXES in order to PAY FOR THE 40 TRILLION to give everybody MEDICARE, and MEDICAID, FREE HOUSING, FREE EDUCATION, FREE FOOD, FREE TRANSPORTATION...."Ya know...Spreading The Wealth?"

Think about it. Please?

pete311
01-11-2019, 04:47 PM
I don’t recall Congress objecting to the cost of arming our forces after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.

Despite the fact that many thought we should not get involved in the war in Europe, The attack on Pearl Harbor settled the argument.

Thank goodness that Nancy Pelosi wasn’t Speaker of the House and Chuck Schumer wasn’t Senate Minority Leader in December of 1941 or we would all be speaking German or Japanese.

Are you comparing the border situation to WW2? Really?

aboutime
01-11-2019, 04:50 PM

YES....REALLY! Of course, being the pretend smart person you claim to be...as liberal ideology seems to run in your veins. You only compare the President to Hitler, and Nazi's, but ILLEGALS coming for you to pay their way...IS JUST FINE WITH YOU?

REALLY?

Drummond
01-11-2019, 07:15 PM

Seems reasonable. An illegal invasion coming from a foreign source is a violation of home territory, of law, of citizens' rights. Harm results.

You think that the Japanese attack didn't qualify accordingly, then, in its own way ?

Should it be expected that American laws and rights MUST be bent, eroded, circumvented, according to mere whim ?

Who else but the Left would politically work to such an end ?