View Full Version : Letter Sent

Elessar
01-21-2019, 12:36 AM
Letter sent from me to the President:

21 January 2019

To: Office of the President
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, D.C.

Mr. President, I am writing to you as a 37 year Coast Guard veteran. I specialized in Search and Rescue
as well as Maritime Law Enforcement. Your stance of the border protection is fully appreciated and quite within your realm as President.

These members of The Congress that oppose you are ignoring the “Oath of Office” they undertook
“ “I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely..”

They are at fault, not you.

The persons hurt most are my comrades in the Coast Guard, especially the junior enlisted members
that still honor THEIR oaths, go to work, manning boat crews, air crews, and vital support functions.
Many have families with kids and spouses. The have rent, utilities, car payments, auto insurance, co-pay for medical expenses, child care and a myriad of other things not seen on the surface.

I worry about them. They are my brothers and sisters, even being remote and retired.

Get with the USCG Commandant. Several members of Congress, both parties, have tried to push a Bill to pay these people.

You are doing well, in my opinion.

I shall send a similar letter to the Congress members in Oregon as well as Sen Joe Manchin of West Virginia (my former home state), who is a Conservative Democrat.

My Regards,

Also going to the Senators and Representatives from Oregon, as well as Sen Joe Manchin
of West Virginia (my former home state). Might drop one off to Pilosi and Schumer, too.:laugh:

KarlMarx
01-21-2019, 03:22 AM
Letter sent from me to the President:

Also going to the Senators and Representatives from Oregon, as well as Sen Joe Manchin
of West Virginia (my former home state). Might drop one off to Pilosi and Schumer, too.:laugh:

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk