PDA

View Full Version : Netflix

dan
08-29-2007, 03:19 PM
I forgot to mention this, but a few weeks ago I signed up with Netflix, which was a great move. They have a few plans, I went for the plan in which you get three movies at a time. It's only about $17 per month, and when you figure that in two weeks, I've already watched 12 movies, it's already payed for itself many times over (well, they give you the first month free, but you know what I mean).

Amazing selection, too. For an indie movie snob like me, it's heaven. Last night, I watched a super-violent Japanese movie, a slow-moving French movie, and Toxic Avenger Part 3!:laugh2:

typomaniac
08-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Problem is that their quality control is shitty. I always got lots of scratched disks. Blockbuster has turned out to be much better about that.

dan
08-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I guess with a system like that, it's probably hard to keep track of what kinda shape every disk is in. Oh, well, I haven't had a problem yet, I'm enjoying it.

I do wonder how these things make it, though. Having worked at the UPS Store and seen firsthand how mail gets treated by postal employees, it's a wonder the discs aren't in a million pieces when they get there, especially considering there's really no kind of protection there at all.

dan
08-29-2007, 03:48 PM
For the record, I'm staunchly anti-Blockbuster, but I won't bore you with the nerdy details.

-Cp
08-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Problem is that their quality control is shitty. I always got lots of scratched disks. Blockbuster has turned out to be much better about that.

Over the years we've had far more scratchy movies renting from the local Hollywood Video stores than we have with Netflix...