PDA

View Full Version : Can Geelong make the Grand Final?

gabosaurus
08-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Or is their regular season success just a fluke?

diuretic, what do you think?

diuretic
08-29-2007, 05:51 PM
I think they have the goods gab. They've been very consistent all season and Ablett has been giving the some strong drive from the centre. Their skills are very good, their teamwork is excellent and they're being coached very well. Sure enough Port Power (one of my local teams, I'm not a supporter though) beat them last week but I think it was that Port was better on the day (it was a grand final type of game). Geelong aren't infallible, we've seen that, but I find it difficult to nominate any other team that will give them a hard time in the Grand Final (assuming they make it of course). I think there are a few that have strong claims to getting into the GF (picky any in the top eight) but I do believe whoever is up against the Cats is going to have to be very, very good to beat them on the day.

gabosaurus
08-29-2007, 09:43 PM
I have been an AFL fan since my freshman year of college, when I was invited to watch the Grand Final in the middle of the night (here) with a pack of drunken Aussie students.
Port has impressed me with their consistent good play, but I like the daring play of West Coast as well. I feel for my Aussie pen pal, who continues to support hapless Melbourne. Another of our mutual friends is a diehard Kangaroos supporter.
Geelong has put up some impressive wins, but I can't see them beating Port when it counts the most. Perhaps I am wrong.

I enjoy AFL more than American football, but would rather watch the cricket than either. When I went to Melbourne on my honeymoon, I actually got to attend a Boxing Day test match. Got my picture taken with Brett Lee and Shane Warne. Hotties, both of them.

diuretic
08-30-2007, 03:20 AM
I have been an AFL fan since my freshman year of college, when I was invited to watch the Grand Final in the middle of the night (here) with a pack of drunken Aussie students.
Port has impressed me with their consistent good play, but I like the daring play of West Coast as well. I feel for my Aussie pen pal, who continues to support hapless Melbourne. Another of our mutual friends is a diehard Kangaroos supporter.
Geelong has put up some impressive wins, but I can't see them beating Port when it counts the most. Perhaps I am wrong.

I enjoy AFL more than American football, but would rather watch the cricket than either. When I went to Melbourne on my honeymoon, I actually got to attend a Boxing Day test match. Got my picture taken with Brett Lee and Shane Warne. Hotties, both of them.

On the footy - it's coming up to the pointy end of course. And yes, Geelong, Port, Eagles are all potential winners. Poor old Demons, they are rebuilding though, I'd say in a couple of seasons they're going to be back in the eight.

You went to the MCG Boxing Day match? I hope you enjoyed it, never been myself, I'm told the atmosphere is superb. Ah Brett Lee and Shane Warne. Both a couple of characters, Brett Lee has actually been doing music clips in Bollywood lately and Warne of course is playing for Hampshire in England.
Melbourne is a lovely city, very European I always think. I hope you had a lovely time here and you didn't meet any rude bastards :laugh2:

gabosaurus
09-05-2007, 11:02 AM
I am definitely going with Port to make it to the Grand Final. I think they are a dangerous team. I never can figure out how the AFL structures the post season though.

My husband and I got married in August, but we took our honeymoon in December because that is summer in Australia. I got to see the Boxing Day Test against South Africa. It was awesome because there was about 85,000 people there. My Aussie friend Sharon always knows how to get things done, so she found a way to get us in a picture with Brett and Shane.
I love cricket -- very relaxing sport to watch!