PDA

View Full Version : Jussie Smollett

jimnyc
02-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Not sure who knows and has been following. He's a gay man, and an actor on the hit show "Empire".

He's a SERIOUS Trump hater, and I mean a REAL hater.

He claims a few weeks back that he was attacked while coming home from a Subway getting something to eat. 2 men attacked him and yelled gay stuff at him, put a noose around his neck and whooped his ass. HE WAS ON THE PHONE WITH HIS MANAGER WHEN IT HAPPENED. He claims that they yelled "You're in MAGA country now" as they finished him off.

So he walked back home with the noose still on him, and then called the police.

They found nothing. Nothing on any of the cameras in the Chicago are where he was. Not a single witness. He REFUSES to hand over his phone so they can line things up, and maybe even use the time and other stuff to maybe help. But although they have asked endlessly, he refuses.

Such a high profile crime. All the cameras worked in the area, but nothing. But yet they somehow attacked him - and then did so because it was "MAGA country"?

I'll wait to see if more evidence should come forward. But with all of the aspects and details of the case, they still haven't found out a single thing yet to back up his events of what took place that night.

jimnyc
02-11-2019, 07:19 PM
None Dare Call It a Hoax: The Jussie Smollett Saga Continues

https://i.imgur.com/FdrDRBq.jpg

The bizarre case of Jussie Smollett continues to unfold with the police still investigating what Smollett insists was a "hate crime."

Smollett tells the story of walking down the street in sub-zero temperatures and being attacked by two men wearing MAGA hats and screaming racial and homophobic slurs at him. Was this a hate crime?

Maybe it was. And then, maybe he wasn't attacked at all.

The incident occurred in Chicago, a city torn by racial strife and massive distrust of the police. John Ziegler of Mediaite writes of how the investigation is unfolding:

Among other things, the police have made it very clear they have not yet found any proof of an attack, despite having almost all of Smollett’s movements on surveillance video. They have disclosed that Smollett would not give over his cell phone to verify his timeline of events. They even published photos of “persons of interest” that they had to know were going to be universally mocked for being obviously irrelevant.

In my view, none of those important revelations would have been made public in the way that they were, unless there was extreme suspicion within the police force that Smollett’s story was not fully accurate.

By extension, media figures would not be being told by their police sources, as I have been told is currently happening both routinely and with vigor, that the authorities are acting on the assumption that they will never find any evidence to fully substantiate Smollett’s story. This isn’t just happening via idle speculation either, the police are doing so with great specificity, even including an alternative theory for what really happened (current attempts to find the origin of the rope found around Smollett’s neck long after the event was over are believed to be the most likely game-changer, if there ever is one in this case).

In truth, the Chicago police are terrified of even hinting they doubt Smollett's story. There is no major city in the U.S. where the cops are more distrusted by blacks than in Chicago. The police risk a riot if they let it be known they think Smollett is trying to hoax them.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/none-dare-call-it-a-hoax-the-jussie-smollett-saga-continues/

Jussie Smollett’s neighbors cast doubt on his attack story

CHICAGO — Nearly two weeks after “Empire” star Jussie Smollett claimed he was the victim of a racist, homophobic attack, cops have yet to identify any suspects — and some people in his tony Chicago neighborhood are growing skeptical.

“I don’t believe it happened the way he said it did,” said Agin Muhammad, who lives in the same swank high-rise near the Navy Pier as Smollett.

“I’ve been in this neighborhood five years. I don’t believe it, not around here … Half the people are gay and the other half are black.”

A patron at Lizzie McNeill’s Irish Pub, about a block from the scene of the alleged Jan. 29 incident, said Smollett’s story “doesn’t really make sense.”

“It’s a lie, because Chicago is the most liberal city around,” said the man, who wouldn’t give his name. “They have cameras everywhere … Why can’t they find the attack?”

Cops have said they found plenty of surveillance video, but none that captured the incident.

Meanwhile, Chicago police said Sunday that Smollett has yet to turn over data from his cellphone to verify that he was on the phone with his music manager, Brandon Moore, when he was allegedly attacked.

Moore has said he heard Smollett’s assailants shout a “racial slur” and the words “MAGA country,” an apparent reference to President Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan.

“We have no reason to doubt the statements, but for a criminal investigation, we need to independently confirm the phone records,” Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said.

“We offered to take the phone to download the data and he expressed he couldn’t be without his phone for several hours.”

Rest - https://nypost.com/2019/02/11/jussie-smolletts-neighbors-cast-doubt-on-his-attack-story/

Safe to say that 'ol Jussie doesn't care much for Trump

A much earlier tweet of his about Trump:

https://i.imgur.com/yTYDAf4.png

https://i.imgur.com/UtM7tUX.png

https://i.imgur.com/c5ikbco.png

https://i.imgur.com/oZeAux0.png

There is much more, but I'm not searching right now.

KarlMarx
02-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Is this what Ellen Page was muttering about the other day during that incoherent screed of hers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimnyc
02-11-2019, 07:28 PM
Is this what Ellen Page was muttering about the other day during that incoherent screed of hers?

Yes, sure was! And she also ranted about Chris Pratt because of the church he goes to. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
02-12-2019, 12:06 AM
It's his phone, and it's investigators with the police. He can safely allow a copy to be made in minutes. Why won't he allow for an appropriate investigation after what happened to him? Some sites are already calling this a "hoax", and even this one. I won't call it that just yet, not until proof of such comes out, or the police declare it so.

---

Smollett Turns Over “Limited & Redacted” Phone Records – Police Say Records Do Not Meet Burden For Criminal Investigation

‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett claims he was attacked by white racist Trump supporters a couple weeks ago in the streets of Chicago at 2 AM when he ventured out to get a sandwich at Subway.

Mr. Smollett alleges two white males hurled racial and homophobic slurs at him, beat his ass, poured bleach on his head and put a noose around his neck.

Jussie Smollett told investigators that he was talking on the phone with his manager when the assault happened — his manager corroborated Smollett’s story and claimed he heard the attackers yell, “this is MAGA country!” while they beat up Smollett.

Chicago Police say that detectives have reviewed hundreds of hours of surveillance footage and have not found any that shows the alleged attack on Jussie Smollett.

Chicago is the most surveilled city in the world yet there is ZERO video of the assault!

For two weeks Jussie Smollett refused to give his phone records to investigators so they can corroborate his claims he was on the phone with his manager.

Now this…

Chicago Police told ABC News that Smollett finally gave detectives his “limited and redacted” phone records Monday afternoon.

The police later told ABC News reporters that the phone records provided to detectives do not meet the burden for a criminal investigation.

Chicago police spokesman says “Detectives may be following up with him (Smollett) to request additional data to corroborate the investigative timeline.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/hate-hoax-smollett-turns-over-limited-redacted-phone-records-police-say-records-do-not-meet-burden-for-criminal-investigation/

Elessar
02-12-2019, 01:43 AM
Just who exactly is this punk, and why is he all of
a sudden important?

A liar and seeking a spotlight....but is getting one he did not anticipate.

Best to shut up and not show your ignorance.

jimnyc
02-13-2019, 05:13 PM
Something stunk about this story from the get go. Him an avid hater of Trump, the MAGA crap, the noose... his refusal to cooperate to help capture the assholes who did this?

Something just stinks in this case and he's not coming across as someone who was attacked and someone who wants justice.

---

Is 'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett's Story Falling Apart?

Chicago police say they will be requesting more phone records from "Empire" star Jussie Smollett regarding the racist and homophobic attack he allegedly faced two weeks ago. Smollett has turned over heavily redacted phone records, but evidence has begun to emerge suggesting his story was fabricated. Rumors are swirling that police are even considering charging him with filing a false report.

On Monday night, Fox 32 Chicago anchor Rafer Weigel reported that police "received cell phone records today from Smollett's camp. They were limited and redacted but detectives will analyze them."

https://i.imgur.com/Gn3qgvE.png

Weigel had previously reported that the police superintendent plans to hold Smollett accountable if the investigation reveals he made a false report. "[Chicago Police Superintendent] Eddie Johnson says [Jussie Smollett] is still being treated as the victim in this case but if the investigation does reveal he made a false report he will be held accountable," he tweeted. That threat seems more likely.

https://i.imgur.com/yA0IPbK.png

Late Monday evening, ABC7 Chicago reported that an empty hot sauce bottle that smelled like bleach was found near the location of the alleged attack. Smollett had told police that the attackers — who wore "Make America Great Again" hats and screamed "This is MAGA country!" — had poured an unknown bleach-smelling liquid on him and put a noose around his neck after they yelled racist and homophobic slurs at him at 2 a.m. on January 29.

Chicago police confirmed a New York Post story about the hot sauce bottle.

"It's unclear if that is related to the incident as it was not discovered during any of the earlier canvasses but we took it for analysis," Chicago Police Department (CPD) spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said. "The FBI is providing CPD with technical assistance on this case at our request. I'm not sure if the bottle went to their lab or one of ours."

As for the phone records, Guglielmi said, "We are very appreciative of the victim's cooperation, however, the records provided do not meet the burden for a criminal investigation as they were limited and heavily redacted. Detectives may be following up with him to request additional data to corroborate the investigative timeline."

Chicago police have not been able to identify any legitimate suspects in the case, nor have they been able to find any surveillance footage of the attack. There is speculation that the hot sauce bottle may have been placed after the fact to prop up the hoax if Smollett indeed made a false report.

Some locals smell a rat.

"I don’t believe it happened the way he said it did," Chicago resident Agin Muhammad told the New York Post. Muhammad reportedly lives in the same high-rise as Smollett.

"I’ve been in this neighborhood five years. I don’t believe it, not around here…. Half the people are gay and the other half are black."

In "Empire," Smollett plays a gay character, Jamal Lyon. The actor has also come out as gay.

Many Americans are waking up to the possibility that Jussie Smollett's story may be a hoax. Jeff Giesea, an entrepreneur who has written for NATO and the Harvard Business Review, tweeted, "The weight of evidence supports what we’ve suspected all along: This is a hate hoax. [Jussie Smollett] should be arrested for filing a false police report & sued. In this era of disinfo, these hoaxes and their media enablers must be held accountable."

https://i.imgur.com/RTIgkjt.png

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/is-empire-star-jussie-smolletts-story-falling-apart/

Abbey Marie
02-13-2019, 06:38 PM
The new Tawana Brawley...

jimnyc
02-13-2019, 06:50 PM
HATE HOAX UPDATE: Chicago Police Will Re-Interview Jussie Smollett Over Redacted Phone Records

Jussie Smollett still won’t turn over his phone.

Actor Jussie Smollett arrived in Chicago on January 28th. He went out to get fast food at 2 a.m. when he said he was allegedly attacked by two Trump supporters in MAGA hats who recognized him in the freezing cold, beat him, poured bleach on him and put a noose around his neck.

It was -15 to -30 degrees wind chill on Tuesday morning.

Smollett said the mysterious MAGA men poured bleach on his head but bleach freezes at 18 degrees.
The weather on Tuesday was a low of -9 degrees.
Frozen bleach will not pour.

Jessie Smollett said he was assaulted and suffered a cracked rib but condo surveillance video shows Smollett walking past security to the elevator without telling them he had just been attacked by thugs who “beat the hell out of him” and “broke his ribs.”
On Saturday Smollet admitted his rib was not broken.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/hate-hoax-update-chicago-police-will-re-interview-jussie-smollett-over-redacted-phone-records/

jimnyc
02-14-2019, 09:26 PM
Sources: Police investigating whether Jussie Smollett staged attack with help of others, allegedly being written off 'Empire'

CHICAGO -- Chicago police confirmed Thursday that detectives are talking to two persons of interest in connection with the alleged attack on "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett.

Multiple sources have told ABC7 Eyewitness News that police are investigating whether Smollett and the two men staged the attack allegedly because Smollett was being written off of "Empire."

A source familiar with the investigation told the ABC7 I-Team that Smollett failed to appear for an interview with detectives earlier Thursday, but has since spoken with police.

Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson contacted ABC7 to say they are continuing to treat Smollett as a victim and the investigation remains ongoing.

Chicago police told ABC News, "Police are investigating whether the two individuals committed the attack - or whether the attack happened at all."

Smollett released a statement Thursday evening, saying, "Today Jussie did answer routine followup questions for Chicago Police Department and continues to cooperate."

Smollett's representatives said he is not being written off "Empire."

Twentieth Century Fox Television and Fox Entertainment released a statement saying, "The idea that Jussie Smollett has been, or would be, written off of EMPIRE is patently ridiculous. He remains a core player on this very successful series and we continue to stand behind him."

A source briefed on the Smollett investigation confirmed to ABC News that Chicago police are questioning the two persons of interest -- one of whom has appeared on "Empire."

The law enforcement official also told ABC News that the homes of the persons of interest were raided Wednesday night. Police removed shoes, electronic devices and other items they believe could help them determine if the two people played any role in the assault.

Chicago police said they "cannot confirm any of those reports." No charges have been filed.

Earlier, police said the two persons of interest are not suspects and have not been charged. Investigators are only talking with them at this time. The two were picked up Wednesday night at O'Hare International Airport, police said.

Chicago police told ABC News they were tracking the two persons of interest and were aware of who they were "for a while." Chicago police told ABC News they are both cooperating and have been questioned all day.

Smollett said he was attacked around 2 a.m. on Jan. 29 in the 300-block of East North Water Street in Chicago's Streeterville neighborhood. He told police two masked men shouted homophobic slurs at him, attacked him, put a rope around his neck and poured a liquid on him that smelled like bleach.

Smollett, 36, is black and openly gay.

Rest - https://abc7chicago.com/sources-smollett-staged-attack-with-help-of-others-allegedly-being-written-off-empire/5138497/

jimnyc
02-14-2019, 10:06 PM
ABC Sources: Police Investigating Jussie Smollet for Staging Attack; Police Cannot Confirm

According to a new report, Chicago police are investigating the possibility that actor Jussie Smollett worked with two men to stage an attack against him last month.

Jussie Smollett claimed to be the victim of an attack in downtown Chicago in January. The Empire actor said that two men in masks beat him, wrapped a rope around his neck, put a chemical on him and called him racial and homophobic slurs. He also said that the attackers yelled “This is MAGA country!”

Now, Chicago police have identified two persons of interest, both of whom are reportedly Nigerian and appeared on Empire as extras.

ABC7 Chicago reports: (https://abc7chicago.com/sources-smollett-staged-attack-with-help-of-others-allegedly-being-written-off-empire/5138497/)

Multiple sources have told ABC7 Eyewitness News that police are investigating whether Smollett and the two men staged the attack allegedly because Smollett was being written off of “Empire.”

A source familiar with the investigation told the ABC7 I-Team that Smollett failed to appear for an interview with detectives earlier Thursday.

A source briefed on the Smollett investigation confirmed to ABC News that Chicago police are questioning the two persons of interest — one of whom has appeared on “Empire.”

Mere moments after the ABC report, the Chicago Police Department issued a firm refutation, saying, “Media reports anout the Empire incident being a hoax are unconfirmed by case detectives.”

“Supt Eddie Johnson has contacted @ABC7Chicago to state on the record that we have no evidence to support their reporting and their supposed CPD sources are uninformed and inaccurate,” the department’s spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Thursday.

(video on site)

Multiple sources have told ABC7 Eyewitness News that police are investigating whether Smollett and the two men staged the attack allegedly because Smollett was being written off of “Empire.”

A source familiar with the investigation told the ABC7 I-Team that Smollett failed to appear for an interview with detectives earlier Thursday.

A source briefed on the Smollett investigation confirmed to ABC News that Chicago police are questioning the two persons of interest — one of whom has appeared on “Empire.”

Mere moments after the ABC report, the Chicago Police Department issued a firm refutation, saying, “Media reports anout the Empire incident being a hoax are unconfirmed by case detectives.”

“Supt Eddie Johnson has contacted @ABC7Chicago to state on the record that we have no evidence to support their reporting and their supposed CPD sources are uninformed and inaccurate,” the department’s spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Thursday.

https://i.imgur.com/PQ7g33G.png

During a tearful interview that aired on Good Morning America Thursday, the 36-year-old actor said that he was “pissed off” at those who didn’t believe his story.

“It’s like, you know, at first it was a thing of like, listen, if I tell the truth then, that’s it, because it’s the truth. Then it became a thing of, like, oh, how can you doubt that?” he said.

“Like, how can you not believe that? It’s the truth. Then it became a thing of, like, oh, it’s not necessarily that you don’t believe that this is the truth. You don’t even want to see the truth.”

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/02/14/abc-sources-police-investigating-jussie-smollet-for-staging-attack-police-cannot-confirm/

Abbey Marie
02-15-2019, 09:21 AM
Another brilliant entertainer. These people are a joke.

jimnyc
02-15-2019, 12:06 PM
I heard the story about the Empire gig being false.

ALL kinds of stories - and now the latest is that it may have all been a setup? Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. His OWN words showed the hatred.

---

Persons of Interest in 'Hate Crime' Investigation Are Friends of Smollett, May Have Staged Attack

Chicago police on Wednesday questioned two persons of interest in the Jussie Smollett hate crime investigation, according to reports. Both are African-American associates of Smollett and both were seen in the surveillance video, according to Fox 32 Chicago correspondent Rafer Weigel. Neither is officially considered a suspect -- yet.

https://i.imgur.com/9mChRuX.png

“After a meticulous investigation with the use of advance technology, interviews with the victim & witnesses & transportation records, detectives have identified two persons of interest in the Empire cast member case,” Weigel tweeted.

This comes after Smollett said on ABC's "Good Morning America" that he believes the two persons of interest seen in the surveillance photos were the persons who attacked him. "I don’t have any doubt in my mind that that’s them. Never did," he said. During the interview, Smollett also addressed doubts about the alleged attack and broke down in tears over fears that the perpetrators will never be found.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/persons-of-interest-in-jussie-smollett-hate-crime-investigation-are-friends-of-the-actor/

jimnyc
02-15-2019, 12:12 PM
‘Empire’ Extras Detained for Alleged Staged Attack on Jussie Smollett to Be Charged

Two men in connection with the alleged staged attack of Empire actor Jussie Smollett could be charged as early as Friday, according to a report.

CBS 2 investigative journalist Brad Edwards, citing a source with intimate knowledge of the Chicago Police Department’s investigation into the matter, reports the alleged attack on Smollett was “potentially orchestrated” by the actor and the two men, who are persons of interest in the case. A spokesperson for the Chicago police told Edwards that CBS 2’s report and others are “unconfirmed” at this time.

The “persons of interest” are brothers of Nigerian descent who worked on Empire and are in police custody, being questioned about their connection to the attack. A lawyer for the brothers told CBS 2 that the pair could be charged on Friday. “They were actually detained at customs at O’Hare airport yesterday around 5:45 p.m.,” Gloria Schmidt, the brothers’ attorney, said. “They had no idea what was going on, and they’ve been detained since then.”

CBS 2 reports:

Following a police raid, the front door of their home is busted off its frame. Belongings are thrown across the living room. Bedroom doors are damaged and clothes tossed everywhere.

https://i.imgur.com/2oaMWmh.png
https://i.imgur.com/GxKCp75.png

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/02/15/report-empire-extras-detained-for-alleged-staged-attack-on-jussie-smollett-to-be-charged/

jimnyc
02-15-2019, 12:35 PM
Getting worse and worse...

---

Report: Jussie Smollett case takes major turn as sources claim it was staged

The Jussie Smollett case appeared to take a major turn Thursday, when multiple media outlets reported that he was being questioned by police.

A number also alleged that he and the two “persons of interest” — who were also reportedly being questioned — may have staged the attack after learning that “his character was being written out of the show ‘Empire.'”

https://i.imgur.com/VQbjaOg.png

https://i.imgur.com/iJS7Wvi.png

Several reports indicated that it was the heavily-redacted phone records that tipped police off that something wasn’t right. Smollett had turned in his phone records to provide evidence of the attack, but had removed a number of calls prior to handing them over.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/14/report-jussie-smollett-case-allegedly-staged/

jimnyc
02-15-2019, 12:39 PM
Wow, and worse and worse!

---

NEW: Charges Against Both Persons of Interest in Jussie Smollett Case Expected Before 5:45 PM Friday

The Jussie Smollett hate hoax story officially blew up Thursday.

According to reports, Chicago police took two persons of interest in Smollett’s hate hoax crime into custody late Wednesday night.

The persons of interest were NIGERIAN BROTHERS — THEY WERE BLACK — NOT WHITE MAGA SUPPORTERS!

CBS Chicago reporter Charlie De Mar said Thursday that police raided the home of the two persons of interest Wednesday night. Police took bleach, shoes, electronics and more. Both men are of Nigerian descent and appeared on the show ‘Empire.’

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/new-charges-against-both-persons-of-interest-in-jussie-smollett-case-expected-before-545-pm-friday/

jimnyc
02-15-2019, 01:51 PM
BREAKING: Two Suspects and Workout Partners of Jussie Smollett Are UNDER ARREST — BEING HELD BY POLICE

HATE HOAX UPDATE—-
Multiple sources told ABC 7 Chicago on Thursday that Jussie Smollet and two other suspects were being questioned by police for staging the racist sub-freezing attack in January.

Sources said Smollett’s character was being written out of the show Empire.

The two suspects are brothers and friends of Jussie Smollett.
Smollett follows their Instagram account.

And they work out together!
The brothers appeared on “Empire” in the past.

https://i.imgur.com/l0pgg10.png

https://i.imgur.com/izj0Sfj.png

Abimbola ‘Abel’ (left), 25, and Olabinjo ‘Ola’ Osundairo (right) are the two brothers being questioned over the Jussie Smollett attack. (Daily Mail)

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/breaking-two-suspects-and-workout-partners-of-jussie-smollett-are-under-arrest-not-able-to-leave/

jimnyc
02-15-2019, 02:21 PM
So "it appears" that maybe these guys are the 2 who picked him up from the airport, and they possible concocted this story in advance.

If he did conspire to bring forth a false report, and get the country into a racist tizzy, I hope they charge him to the fullest extent and place him in a prison cell.

And he also changes his story again! Originally he stated that they said "MAGA country" as they left. Now it's changed to the beginning. I don't think you forget such things. :rolleyes:

---

Persons of interest had home raided, bleach found

Jussie Smollett is being questioned again by Chicago PD ... and officers are also talking to another man, an actor who has also appeared on "Empire" ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected to the case tell us the actor, not Jussie, was picked up by Chicago PD Wednesday night right after he flew into O'Hare Airport. We're told Jussie was brought in Thursday morning for additional questioning. Another man who was with the actor at O'Hare was also taken in for questioning.

The two individuals are being questioned as "persons of interest." Police won't say if they are the same 2 people seen in the grainy image released last month. But, law enforcement sources tell TMZ, they believe the 2 people were at the scene of the alleged attack.

As for how cops ID'd the 2 people they're questioning -- we're told they used rideshare and/or taxicab records to track their locations the night of the alleged incident.

Jussie is on record saying he believes the 2 men in the grainy image are the ones who attacked him.

2:50 PM PT -- Chicago PD has confirmed ... the 2 men taken in for questioning are the same men in the surveillance video screen grab. The PD confirms transportation records, along with interviews with Jussie and other witnesses, led to the ID of the 2 men.

3:30 PM PT -- Police raided the home of the 2 men who cops picked up at the O'Hare Airport Wednesday night ... this according to WBBM TV reporter Charlie De Mar, who says he spoke to the family of the 2 men. Both men are Nigerian and were extras on "Empire." Based on what the cops have already said, it appears these are the same men who were captured on the surveillance video.

https://i.imgur.com/cQ7H310.png

According to the report, police seized 5 bottles of bleach, a red hat, 2 laptops and other items.

The family said the 2 men left for Nigeria the day of the alleged attack. This is consistent with what law enforcement sources previously told TMZ ... that the men left for Nigeria and returned Wednesday night, and the police tracked their travels and were waiting for them when they landed in Chicago.

By the way ... when we broke the story about the various details of the alleged attack, our Jussie sources said the actor identified the 2 men as white. We do not know the skin color of the 2 men from Nigeria.

Important to note ... the red hat may be a red herring, because Jussie never said the men were wearing MAGA hats ... rather, he says they screamed "MAGA country."

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/14/jussie-smollett-attack-police-questioning-persons-of-interest-empire-actor/

Jussie Smollett says he is ‘forever changed’ in first interview since alleged attack

Chicago police say they have identified two “persons of interest” in the assault case involving Jussie Smollett, just hours after ABC’s “Good Morning America” aired an interview with the “Empire” actor in which he described the alleged attack.

“After a meticulous investigation with the use of advance technology, interviews with the victim and witnesses and transportation records, detectives have identified two persons of interest in the Empire cast member case. No further information available at this time,” police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said in a statement. In a tweet Thursday, Guglielmi said that the individuals seen on surveillance tape images released last month “are not yet suspects but were in area of concern and are being questioned.”

In the interview that aired Thursday morning, Smollett told Robin Roberts that he is “pissed off” following the racist and homophobic attack, which Chicago police are investigating as a potential hate crime.

“I will never be the man that this did not happen to. I am forever changed,” Smollett said during the interview, which marked his first detailed public account of the attack. Police say Smollett, who is black and openly gay, was assaulted around 2 a.m. on Jan. 29 by two “unknown offenders” who yelled racial and homophobic slurs, poured an unknown chemical substance on the actor and wrapped a rope around his neck.

Chicago police have not made any arrests and have not found video of the alleged assault, leading some people to doubt his account of what happened. Smollett, who wiped away tears throughout the interview, told Roberts he is angry about the assault and about people not believing his story.

“At first, it was like, ‘Listen, if I tell the truth, then that’s it, because it’s the truth,’ ” Smollett said. “Then it became a thing of, like, ‘Oh, how can you doubt that, like how do you not believe that. It’s the truth.’ And then it became a thing of, like, ‘Oh, it’s not necessarily that you don’t believe that this is the truth, you don’t even want to see the truth.’ ”

Smollett told Roberts that before the alleged attack, he had gone to a Subway restaurant shortly after landing in Chicago, where the Fox drama is filmed.

He was on the phone with his music manager, Brandon Z. Moore, as he left the restaurant. As he crossed the street, Smollett said he heard someone yell “Empire,” which he ignored. It was after hearing homophobic and racial slurs that he turned around and confronted a man in a ski mask.

Smollett said the attacker told him, “This is MAGA country” and used a racial slur before punching him in the face. “So I punched his a-- right back.”

“We started tussling,” Smollett said. A second attacker began kicking him in the back. “Then it just stopped, and they ran off. "

Rest - https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2019/02/14/jussie-smollett-says-i-fought-back-first-interview-since-alleged-attack/?utm_term=.4f95fab62646

jimnyc
02-15-2019, 06:33 PM
The new Tawana Brawley...

AND...

Kerns: Is Jussie Smollett the Modern Tawana Brawley?

Multiple sources have told ABC7 in Chicago that police are investigating whether the attack on “Empire” TV star Jussie Smollett was staged.

Though a Chicago Police Department spokesperson said that claim is “unconfirmed,” two suspects have been arrested who were reportedly close with Smollett — appearing on the set of “Empire” with Smollett as well as recently working out at a gym with the openly-gay, African American star who claims that two men attacked him and screamed, “This is MAGA country!”

If the attack turns out to have been staged, it will be the biggest racially-motivated hoax since the Tawana Brawley case in the late 1980s.

A Fox Nation documentary titled, “Scandalous: The Mysterious Case of Tawana Brawley” chronicled an alleged racially-motivated attack against an African-American teen in New York in 1987. The teen claimed that she had been raped by four white men and was left with “racial slurs” scrawled all over her body. Brawley showed up at an emergency room with text written on her body including the words “KKK,” “n**ger” and “b**ch.”

The case served as a “springboard” for a young civil rights activist by the name of Reverend Al Sharpton, who led the charge of riling up the African-American community and assisting the teen and her family with the claims. The activism included marching in the streets of New York to demand “justice” for the alleged racially-motivated attack and high-profile press conferences to accuse members of the New York law enforcement community perpetrating the vile acts.

The story rocked New York and fanned the flames of racial tensions even beyond the Empire State.

Like the Smollett case, the attack caught the attention of Hollywood stars including Bill Cosby who donated $25,000 as a reward for information on the case and boxing promoter Don King who pledged $100,000 toward Brawley’s college education.

The Nation of Islam’s Louis Farrakhan also joined Rev. Sharpton as nearly 1,000 people from the African-American community marched in the streets chanting, “No justice, no peace.”

However, as details emerged the African-American teen’s story begin to fall apart and FOX News reported that “after an extensive investigation filled with twists and turns, a grand jury found the allegations to be nothing more than an elaborate hoax.” The grand jury found that not only had she not been the victim of forcible sexual assault, but that she likely had concocted the story as a ruse. It is believed that Brawley had simply run away from home for the weekend and — fearing her step-father’s punishment — had created an elaborate tale of an attack.

Although the grand jury ultimately cleared the accused men, severe damage had been done – one of the officers committed suicide from the stress of the case and a race war was incited throughout New York by Sharpton and his allies.

The Fox documentary called the Brawley case “the lie that made Al Sharpton famous.”

Could the Smollett case fall into the same category?

It is unthinkable, but it is possible that this is “Tawana Brawley 2.0.”

The African-American TV star has thus far refused to hand over complete cell phone records from the night of the attack, which Chicago police state has made it difficult for law enforcement to get to the bottom of the case. He also failed to show up for further questioning with police on Thursday, though his representative claimed he made himself available later in the day for a conversation. (It isn’t clear if the availability was in person or over the phone.)

If Smollett staged his own attack, it could be the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people since the Brawley case, which took place 31 years ago this winter.

Unlike the Brawley case, the penalties for falsely reporting a crime ought to be swift and fierce in order to deliver a message that false claims are not only a waste of precious law enforcement resources, but an affront to every true victim of crime, bigotry and racism in America.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/15/kerns-smollett-brawley/

jimnyc
02-15-2019, 07:42 PM
Supposedly at least one of them was an extra on Empire. And if Jussie tries to claim he knew nothing.... How n the hell did he claim to the police that it was 2 white men?

---

Jussie Smollett Assault: Oh, So The Suspects Aren't White, MAGA-Hat Wearing Racists

UPDATE: And now those two Nigerian persons of interest are now suspects (via Associated Press):

Chicago Police say the two men being questioned in the attack on “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett are considered suspects.

Department spokesman Anthony Guglielimi said Friday that the men are in custody and have been arrested based on probable cause that they may have been involved in a crime. But he says they have not been charged in the Jan. 29 attack.

Police have identified the men only as two Nigerian brothers.

ABC News added that the two men "have a relationship with Jussie."

https://i.imgur.com/LlbEvEj.png

https://i.imgur.com/LDSgSSY.png

***Original Post**

Let’s rewind to January, not that long ago. Jussie Smollett, star on the television series Empire on Fox, alleged that he was the victim of a possible hate crime. He got punched, had poured bleach on him, and had a rope tied around his neck. The attackers allegedly yelled “this is MAGA country’ during the reported assault (via USA Today):

Rest - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/02/15/jussie-smollett-assault-yes-police-are-looking-into-whether-attack-happened-at-n2540628

LongTermGuy
02-15-2019, 08:27 PM
https://www.glocktalk.com/attachments/ef5d04d9-74e4-486d-be94-17d37ad06428-jpeg.524794/

jimnyc
02-15-2019, 08:37 PM
Now in the OTHER direction... But the changes in the stories, the changes in the RACES, things don't add up - and as time goes on by, things become less and less believable.
---

Chicago Police on Jussie Smollett Case: 'No Evidence It's a Hoax'

On Friday, Chicago Police announced that they had arrested two suspects in the alleged assault on Empire star Jussie Smollett. Both are Nigerians, and one appeared on Empire in the past. Police had questioned them earlier this week. While police told PJ Media they have yet to find any video documenting the alleged attack, they insisted there is no evidence it is a hoax.

"Interrogations will resume today with the two individuals and their attorney. While we haven't found any video documenting the alleged attack, there is also no evidence to say that this is a hoax," Anthony Guglielmi, chief communications officer at the Chicago Police Department, told PJ Media.

"The alleged victim is being cooperative at this time and continues to be treated as a victim, not a suspect," he added. Smollett claimed that on January 29, masked white attackers wearing MAGA hats had screamed "This is MAGA country!" before seizing him, putting a noose around his neck, and pouring an unknown bleach-smelling liquid on him.

Smollett turned over redacted phone records to police, and Guglielmi said those records "do not meet the burden for a criminal investigation as they were limited and heavily redacted," ABC7 Chicago reported. Even so, it appears police have not discovered conclusive evidence that Smollett was lying.

This week, The New York Post discovered a suspicious hot sauce bottle with bleach-smelling liquid that may have been planted at the scene to corroborate Smollett's story, which might be a hoax.

On Wednesday, CPD confirmed to PJ Media that even though the hot sauce bottle was not found at the scene during the initial police canvases and the video footage did not capture the attack, they still consider Smollett a victim.

As for the men arrested, Olabinjo "Ola" Osundairo and his brother Abimbola "Abel" Osundairo are Nigerian bodybuilders and aspiring actors On February 1, Abel Osundairo posted a video to Instagram showing him in Nigeria. In January 2019, Abel posted a video to Instagram using Smollett’s song “Ha Ha (I Love You)" as a backing track. Ola Osundairo appeared in Empire playing Chris Rock's bodyguard.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/chicago-police-on-jussie-smollett-case-no-evidence-its-a-hoax/

jimnyc
02-16-2019, 02:31 PM
Oh man, this case has been all over the place. A regular hate crime, then possibly a false report, then no false report and the suspects released - only to find out they were possibly released for turning on Jussie. Crazy thus far.

---

Police Seize Bottle of Bleach From Jussie Smollett’s Apartment as Detectives Review “New Evidence”

The Jussie Smollett hate hoax officially blew up this week.

The Smollett hoax took an interesting turn Friday night after Chicago Police released the two Nigerian brothers who were held for 48 hours and questioned as “persons of interest.”

CWB, a local Chicago crime blog is reporting the Nigerian brothers, who appeared as extras on the show ‘Empire’ may have flipped on Jussie Smollett.

It was reported Friday that Jussie Smollett hired high-powered criminal defense attorney Michael Monico. Mr. Monico also represents Michael Cohen.

According to reports, police released the Nigerian brothers based on “new evidence” in the case — detectives are analyzing a bottle of bleach seized from Jussie Smollett’s apartment.

While it is common for a person to have bleach in their home, detectives will compare the chemical substance found on Smollett’s clothing to the bottle of bleach seized from his apartment.

Via Fox News reporter Matt Finn: Breaking: Chicago police confirm to Fox News CPD seized a bottle of bleach from Jussie Smollet’s apartment. Tonight police still call Smollett a victim. Suspects told detectives something that requires more detective work.

For context: Smollett reported his attackers poured bleach on him. First time Police tell us they took a bottle of bleach from Jussie’s apartment.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/police-seize-bottle-of-bleach-from-jussie-smolletts-apartment-as-detectives-review-new-evidence/

Uh Oh! Latest Report From CWBChicago Indicates Nigerian MAGA-Bros Flipped On Jussie Smollett

CWB has done an OUTSTANDING job reporting on the Jussie Smollett case (https://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/02/2-out-smollett-at-plate-lakeview.html), and now their latest roundup includes a quote that indicates the two Nigerian brothers, who were briefly arrested yesterday, have been released because they’re cooperating with the Police.

https://i.imgur.com/x4Eo2Ng.png

Jussie has his own high-priced defense lawyer now (odd, that), and the brothers have their own, SEPARATE, attorney. She commented yesterday as her clients were set free:

Standing outside Area Central Police Headquarters Friday night, the Osundairo brothers’ lawyer dropped hints that the road ahead may be rough for Smollett.

“My guys are walking home. They are not charged,” Gloria Schmidt said before indicating that the Osundairo’s had information about the Smollett case that was shared with police after some “coordination.”

And, she pointed out, “I’m not part of Jussie’s defense.”

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/uh-oh-latest-report-from-cwbchicago-indicates-maga-bros-flipped-on-jussie-smollett/

2 OUT, SMOLLETT AT THE PLATE: Lakeview brothers released by cops and feds as all eyes turn to Jussie

Chicago police late Friday released two Lakeview men who had been questioned for two days as “potential persons of interest” and, later, “potential suspects” in the alleged hate crime attack of Empire TV star Jussie Smollett early on Jan. 29 in Streeterville.

“Due to new evidence as a result of today's interrogations” Abimbola "Abel" Osundairo and his brother Olabinjo "Ola" Osundairo were released, said Anthony Guglielmi, the top spokesperson for Chicago police. “Detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”

The Osundiros are no longer considered suspects by investigators, whose full attention is now focused squarely on Smollett, according to well-established sources.

CWBChicago has learned that federal investigators sat in as Chicago police interrogated the Osundario brothers for two days after the men were taken into custody at O’Hare airport on Wednesday evening. The Osundiros flew into the airport minutes earlier, returning from a trip to Nigeria that began hours after Smollett reported being attacked.

The brothers, who have a relationship with Smollett and served as extras on his TV show, saw their status with police evolve from “potential persons of interest” to “potential suspects” to being “unable to leave” custody because investigators had “probable cause that they were involved in a crime” to being set free in the course of 48 hours.

Meanwhile, Smollett has lawyered up big time.

High-priced defense attorney and former federal prosecutor Michael Monico told WGN radio host Roe Conn on Friday that he was representing Smollett “at the moment.”

Federal investigators have been looking into the origins of a hate letter that was mailed to Smollett from the southwest suburbs about a week before he reported being attacked. The mailing, which contained a white powder that reportedly turned out to be Tylenol, mentioned Smollett by name and included anti-black and anti-gay slurs as well as a stick figure bound in a noose. Its return address was “MAGA,” a reference to President Donald Trump’s 2016 “Make America Great Again” slogan. Many of the elements of the letter were reflected in the details of the attack that Smollett gave to police.

The actor has been outspoken about his displeasure with Trump, most recently telling Good Morning America that he believed that his opposition to Trump may have been a motivating factor for his purported attackers.

“I come really, really hard against 45,” he said. “I come really, really hard against his administration and I don’t hold my tongue.”

But, in a case of misery making strange bedfellows, Smollett’s new attorney, Monico, also represents Michael Cohen, the former long-time personal attorney for the president.

Rest - https://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/02/2-out-smollett-at-plate-lakeview.html

Abbey Marie
02-16-2019, 03:41 PM
Meanwhile, the police waste time that could be much better put to use catching actual criminals.
I understand Chicago has a few...

jimnyc
02-16-2019, 07:41 PM
If this does in fact turn out to be another Tawana Brawley case - "a fake rape case" - a fake and false report case - a hate case meant to drum up sympathy for him, and hatred towards the Trump camp in addition...

From a celebrity no less.

If true? Double his sentence.

If true, only a real scumbag would do such a thing, to draw up hatred - someone who HAS pure hatred in his heart.

---

Nigerian Bros Purchased the Rope Found Around Jussie Smollett’s Neck From Ace Hardware – Smollett May Have Paid Them to Perform Scheme

BREAKING NEWS.

Fox 32 reporter Rafer Weigel said Saturday afternoon that Chicago police sources confirmed detectives were able to show that the Nigerian brothers who were “persons of interest” and questioned by police, bought the rope found around Jussie Smollett’s neck at Ace hardware.

Jussie Smollett alleged two white Trump supporters violently attacked him at 2 AM in the streets of Chicago when he was walking home from Subway with a sandwich in his hand.

Smollett told police the attackers were white and hurled homophobic and racial slurs at him while they beat him, poured bleach on him then put a noose around his neck.

Strangely, Mr. Smollett still had the rope around his neck when the police arrived to his apartment to take a report of the attack.

According to Rafer Weigel, the Nigerian brothers agreed to cooperate with police after the police threatened to charge them with battery.

“There are unconfirmed reports that Smollett paid the two brothers to perform the alleged scheme,” Rafer Weigel reported.

https://i.imgur.com/d9Uw0iW.png

The Smollett hoax took an interesting turn Friday night after Chicago Police released the two Nigerian brotherswho were held for 48 hours and questioned as “persons of interest.”

CWB, a local Chicago crime blog is reporting the Nigerian brothers, who appeared as extras on the show ‘Empire’ may have flipped on Jussie Smollett.

It was reported Friday that Jussie Smollett hired high-powered criminal defense attorney Michael Monico. Mr. Monico also represents Michael Cohen.

According to reports, police released the Nigerian brothers based on “new evidence” in the case — detectives are also analyzing a bottle of bleach seized from Jussie Smollett’s apartment.

Another hate hoax goes up in smoke!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/breaking-nigerian-bros-purchased-the-rope-found-around-jussie-smolletts-neck-from-ace-hardware-smollett-may-have-paid-them-to-perform-scheme/

DEVELOPING: Chicago Police “Eager” to Speak to Jussie Smollett Again “Urgently” – No Longer Considered “Victim” in Case?

-Hate hoax update-

Chicago police are eager to speak with Jussie Smollett and the police are no longer commenting on whether Smollett is still considered a “victim” in the case.

“We have been in touch with Smollett’s attorneys. We contacted his attorneys last night after interrogation for a meeting. We made our intentions clear.” Police spox Anthony Gugliemi told ABC News.

“Anthony Gugliemi [Chicago police spox] would not comment on whether Smollett is still being considered a “victim” in the investigation,” ABC 7 Chicago reported.

https://i.imgur.com/qNSBcIP.png

Until Saturday evening, the Chicago police department made it very clear that Jussie Smollett was still considered a “victim” in the case.

That the Chicago police spokesman is no longer commenting on whether Mr. Smollett is still considered a victim is very telling.

-REWIND-

Fox 32 reporter Rafer Weigel said Saturday afternoon that Chicago police sources confirmed detectives were able to show that the Nigerian brothers who were “persons of interest” and questioned by police, bought the rope found around Jussie Smollett’s neck at Ace hardware.

Smollett told police the attackers were white and hurled homophobic and racial slurs at him while they beat him, poured bleach on him then put a noose around his neck.

Strangely, Mr. Smollett still had the rope around his neck when the police arrived to his apartment to take a report of the attack.

According to Rafer Weigel, the Nigerian brothers agreed to cooperate with police after the police threatened to charge them with battery.

The Smollett hoax took an interesting turn Friday night after Chicago Police released the two Nigerian brotherswho were held for 48 hours and questioned as “persons of interest.”

According to reports, detectives are also analyzing a bottle of bleach seized from Jussie Smollett’s apartment.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/developing-chicago-police-eager-to-speak-to-jussie-smollett-again-urgently-no-longer-considered-victim-in-case/

jimnyc
02-16-2019, 08:23 PM
And now the police are more involved and are thinking he paid someone to stage this attack. :rolleyes:

So if so, what was his goal? To gain sympathy? With all of his tweets towards Trump over time, was his goal to make it seem like "MAGA" people attacked him? Was this politically motivated?

---

Report: Chicago Police Believe Jussie Smollett Paid Two Men to Stage Attack

The Chicago Police Department believe Empire actor Jussie Smollett staged an attack on himself last month, according to a report.

“Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault. The sources tell CNN that the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement,” tweeted CNN crime and justice reporter Shimon Prokupecz Saturday evening.
Earlier Saturday, Fox 32 Chicago’s Rafer Weigel, citing several police sources, reported Abimbola “Abel” and Olabinjo “Ola” Osundairo — the two Nigerian brothers arrested and later questioned by police about the alleged incident — purchased the rope found around the actor’s neck the night of the alleged attack at an ACE hardware store.

The dramatic developments come after Chicago police released the two men, citing to “new evidence” obtained in their interrogations.

“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete,” said Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

In a phone interview with New York Times reporter Sopan Deb, Guglielmi would not confirm Weigel’s report, but did say, “After we spoke to the former suspects last night, detectives reached out to Jussie Smollett’s attorneys and expressed interest that we need to talk to him again.”

On Wednesday, the Osundairo brothers were arrested by police at O’Hare Airport after returning from a trip to Nigeria to visit family, and brought in for questioning. The brothers were reportedly spotted on surveillance footage in the Chicago neighborhood where the alleged incident occurred. Gloria Schmidt, an attorney for the brothers had told CBS 2 that her clients could be charged on Friday. “They were actually detained at customs at O’Hare airport yesterday around 5:45 p.m.,” Schmidt said. “They had no idea what was going on, and they’ve been detained since then.”

“When they first learned about what happened to him they were horrified. This is someone they know. This is someone they’ve worked with, so they don’t want to see somebody go through that,” she continued.

The lawyer confirmed the Osundairos had been extras on Empire and went to the gym with Smollett.

Smollett, who is black and gay, has said two masked men shouting racial and anti-gay slurs and “This is MAGA country!” beat him and looped a rope around his neck early on January 29 before fleeing the scene. He said they also poured some kind of chemical on him. Smollett, 36, said he was out getting food at a Subway sandwich shop in downtown Chicago when the attack occurred.

Smollett has maintained that he has been truthful about the incident, contending his story has not changed since it took place. “I am working with authorities and have been 100% factual and consistent on every level,” the actor said in a statement to ESSENCE magazine. “Despite my frustrations and deep concern with certain inaccuracies and misrepresentations that have been spread, I still believe that justice will be served.”

Michael Monico, the high-powered criminal defense attorney representing longtime Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, revealed Thursday that he is also representing Smollett, a sign the actor-singer may be gearing up for a major legal battle.

In his first interview since the alleged attack, Smollett told ABC’s Good Morning America he was targeted due to his outspokenness against President Donald Trump and his administration. “I come really, really hard against 45. I come really hard against his administration. I don’t hold my tongue,” he told interviewer Robin Roberts.

The alleged encounter spurred Democrat presidential contenders and score of Hollywood celebrities to condemn the attack — for which many of those entertainment and politic figures blamed President Donald Trump.

“The racist and homophobic attack on Jussie Smollett is a horrific instance of the surging hostility toward minorities around the country. We must come together to eradicate all forms of bigotry and violence,” Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) said of the alleged attack.

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) commended the alleged assault, describing it as an “attempted modern day lynching.”

“No one should have to fear for their life because of their sexuality or color of their skin. We must confront this hate,” she said.

In response to the alleged attack, Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) had even called on the House to pass legislation that would designate lynching a federal hate crime — re-upping the bill, which passed the Senate in December.

jimnyc
02-16-2019, 08:30 PM
Chicago Police Now View Jussie Smollett as ‘Active Participant’ in Alleged Assault

The Chicago Police Department is no longer looking at Empire star Jussie Smollett as a victim in his alleged assault — but rather an “active participant.”

Smollett has also retained two criminal defense attorneys as his claims about being attacked by “Trump supporters” continues to crumble.

“The new direction of the investigation is now based on the premise that Mr. Smollett was an active participant in the incident,” a law enforcement source close to the situation told Deadline.

Two brothers who knew Smollett and were originally brought in for the assault have told police that they were paid by the actor to stage the attack. The police department said in a statement that “due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”

The brothers agreed to work with police after being threatened with charges.

“The two men in question are Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, who were released by authorities at 9 PM Chicago time after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours. Chicago detectives are now following the lead that the brothers purchased the rope that was placed around Smollett’s neck in the early hours of January 20 when he was supposedly attacked by two men screaming racist and homophobic slurs,” Deadline reports.

Following the brothers being released, police told ABC News that they have new information that “could change the story entirely.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/chicago-police-now-view-jussie-smollett-as-active-participant-in-alleged-assault/

jimnyc
02-16-2019, 08:43 PM
Seems like for the most part that things are caving in from all angles.

---

CNN: Chicago Police Believe Jussie Smollett Orchestrated Fake MAGA Attack

CNN reported Saturday night that Chicago Police now believe that actor Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate an alleged assault on him. He said his assailants wore MAGA hats.

Two brothers who were arrested Wednesday were released without charges Friday after Chicago police cited the discovery of "new evidence." CNN reported that the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement. He allegedly

Smollett told authorities he was attacked early January 29 by two men who were "yelling out racial and homophobic slurs." He said one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.

CNN said its sources said that there are records that show the two brothers purchased the rope found around Smollett's neck at an Ace Hardware store in Chicago.

Earlier story:

Chicago police released without charges two Nigerian brothers arrested on suspicion of assaulting "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett and said they have new evidence to investigate as a result of questioning them.

"The individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete," Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said in a brief statement late Friday.

He gave no details of the new evidence.

Smollett, who is black and gay, has said two masked men shouting racial and anti-gay slurs and "This is MAGA country!" beat him and looped a rope around his neck early on Jan. 29 before running away. He said they also poured some kind of chemical on him.

Smollett, 36, said he was out getting food at a Subway sandwich shop in downtown Chicago when the attack happened.

A spokeswoman for Smollett said she had no comment on the release of the two men Friday.

The two men, identified only as Nigerian brothers, were picked up at Chicago's O'Hare Airport on Wednesday on their return from Nigeria after police learned at least one worked on "Empire," Guglielmi said. He said he did not know what the man's job was.

Guglielmi also said police searched the Chicago apartment where the men lived. But he said he had no information on what was found.

Police have said they found no surveillance video of an attack but continue to look. Investigators also said they were contacting stores in the hope of finding out who bought the rope that was around Smollett's neck.

Rest - https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/jussie-smollett-police-believe-orchestrated/2019/02/16/id/903080/

jimnyc
02-16-2019, 08:55 PM
Brothers say Jussie Smollett paid them to participate in alleged attack, source says

The two Nigerian brothers arrested in connection with the assault on "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett are no longer suspects in the attack. They're now cooperating with police.

A source close to the investigation confirms to CBS News the brothers told detectives Smollett paid them to participate in the alleged attack on January 29 and that they purchased the rope — which was found around Smollett's neck — at a nearby hardware store. The source said detectives have evidence to corroborate the sale, something the men's attorney alluded to Friday night.

"New evidence that was brought to their attention, obviously I had it, my clients had it," said Gloria Schmidt, the brothers' attorney.

The Chicago Police Department released a statement Saturday night saying information from the brothers had "shifted the trajectory of the investigation."

"We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the Empire case has in fact shifted the trajectory of the investigation. We've reached out to the Empire cast member's attorney to request a follow-up interview."

Police said the two men — identified as Ola and Abel Osundairo — were captured on surveillance video at the time that Smollett said he was attacked.

Rest - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jussie-smollett-case-brothers-say-empire-actor-paid-them-to-participate-in-alleged-attack-source-says-2019-02-16/

Jussie Smollett
Reportedly Paid Brothers to stage 'attack'

Jussie Smollett has turned from a presumed victim to suspect in the criminal investigation into the alleged racist, homophobic attack, and sources say there is mounting evidence the 2 brothers who were arrested and subsequently released were acting at Jussie's behest and reportedly paid.

Our sources say the brothers -- both of whom worked on the "Empire" set -- "completely cooperated" with Chicago cops during their interrogation over the last few days.

One law enforcement source tells TMZ at least one of the brothers turned over his phone and there is a call between him and Jussie in the vicinity of the "attack," but before it happened.

CNN is reporting the brothers purchased what looks like the rope Jussie had around his neck at a Chicago Ace Hardware store. CNN is also citing law enforcement sources saying Jussie paid the brothers to orchestrate the phony assault.

Rest - https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/16/jussie-smollett-attack-brothers-rope-suspect-staged/

Jussie Smollett Viewed As “Active Participant” By Cops In Alleged Assault

(UPDATED with Chicago PD statement) BREAKING: The focus of the Chicago Police department’s probe into the alleged assault of Jussie Smollett almost three weeks ago has shifted – to the Empire star himself.

“The new direction of the investigation is now based on the premise that Mr. Smollett was an active participant in the incident,” a law enforcement source close to the situation told Deadline today.

“We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the Empire case has in fact shifted the trajectory of the investigation,” a Chicago PD statement late Saturday declared. “We’ve reached out to the Empire cast member’s attorney to request a follow-up interview.”

Lawyers for Smollett have been contacted by law enforcement in the last several hours with a request that the actor resubmit to questioning by detectives, I also hear. In anticipation of such requests, the Empire star has in recent days retained attorneys Victor P. Henderson and Todd Pugh. The Chicago-based lawyers specialize in criminal defense.

Today’s new “trajectory” statement is the first update on the case from the department’s remarks last night that “due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”

This comes as CNN is reporting that sources in the Chicago PD tell them that the actor who plays the openly gay Jamal Lyon on the hit Fox drama “paid two men to orchestrate the assault.”

The two men in question are Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo.

Rest - https://deadline.com/2019/02/jussie-smollett-attack-suspect-chicago-police-cnn-empire-1202559032/

jimnyc
02-16-2019, 09:31 PM
With actual numbers that were supposedly paid out, it sounds as if they know perhaps more about this case than letting on?

These guys bought the noose. Jussie paid them a lot of money in advance. These guys were arrested. They didn't like the sound of jail, and ratted out in a heartbeat.

Look back a long while back and you'll see that I liked this show and Jussie! I can't believe he's going to possibly go from celebrity to overnight dirtbag for trying to pull this scumbaggery. :rolleyes:

---

Report: Chicago Police Believe Jussie Smollett Paid Two Men to Stage Attack

The Chicago Police Department believe Empire actor Jussie Smollett staged an attack on himself last month, according to a report.
“Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault. The sources tell CNN that the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement,” tweeted CNN crime and justice reporter Shimon Prokupecz Saturday evening.

Earlier Saturday, Fox 32 Chicago’s Rafer Weigel, citing several police sources, reported Abimbola “Abel” and Olabinjo “Ola” Osundairo — the two Nigerian brothers arrested and later questioned by police about the alleged incident — purchased the rope found around the actor’s neck the night of the alleged attack at an ACE hardware store.

CBS Chicago’s Charlie De Mar reports at least one of the brothers bought the rope at Craft Beaver hardware store the weekend of January 25th. The rope was purchased at the direction of Smollett, De Mar, citing sources, added.

https://twitter.com/CharlieDeMar/status/1096933982481117184

Further, the brothers were paid $3,500 before traveling to Nigeria and promised an extra $500 upon their return, according to De Mar.

The dramatic developments come after Chicago police released the two men, citing to “new evidence” obtained in their interrogations. “Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete,” said Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

In a phone interview with New York Times reporter Sopan Deb, Guglielmi would not confirm Weigel’s report, but did say, “After we spoke to the former suspects last night, detectives reached out to Jussie Smollett’s attorneys and expressed interest that we need to talk to him again.”

On Wednesday, the Osundairo brothers were arrested by police at O’Hare Airport after returning from a trip to Nigeria to visit family, and brought in for questioning. The brothers were reportedly spotted on surveillance footage in the Chicago neighborhood where the alleged incident occurred. Gloria Schmidt, an attorney for the brothers had told CBS 2 that her clients could be charged on Friday. “They were actually detained at customs at O’Hare airport yesterday around 5:45 p.m.,” Schmidt said. “They had no idea what was going on, and they’ve been detained since then.”

“When they first learned about what happened to him they were horrified. This is someone they know. This is someone they’ve worked with, so they don’t want to see somebody go through that,” she continued.

The lawyer confirmed the Osundairos had been extras on Empire and went to the gym with Smollett.

Smollett, who is black and gay, has said two masked men shouting racial and anti-gay slurs and “This is MAGA country!” beat him and looped a rope around his neck early on January 29 before fleeing the scene. He said they also poured some kind of chemical on him. Smollett, 36, said he was out getting food at a Subway sandwich shop in downtown Chicago when the attack occurred.

Smollett has maintained that he has been truthful about the incident, contending his story has not changed since it took place. “I am working with authorities and have been 100% factual and consistent on every level,” the actor said in a statement to ESSENCE magazine. “Despite my frustrations and deep concern with certain inaccuracies and misrepresentations that have been spread, I still believe that justice will be served.”

Michael Monico, the high-powered criminal defense attorney representing longtime Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, revealed Thursday that he is also representing Smollett, a sign the actor-singer may be gearing up for a major legal battle.

In his first interview since the alleged attack, Smollett told ABC’s Good Morning America he was targeted due to his outspokenness against President Donald Trump and his administration. “I come really, really hard against 45. I come really hard against his administration. I don’t hold my tongue,” he told Robin Roberts in a sitdown that aired Friday.

The alleged encounter spurred Democrat presidential contenders and score of Hollywood celebrities to condemn the attack — for which many of those entertainment and politic figures blamed President Donald Trump.

Reacting to the alleged incident, comedian Billy Eichner tweeted: “Heartbroken and furious reading about the attack on @JussieSmollett. I want Trump and all MAGA lunatics to burn in Hell.”

“The racist and homophobic attack on Jussie Smollett is a horrific instance of the surging hostility toward minorities around the country. We must come together to eradicate all forms of bigotry and violence,” Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) said of the alleged attack.

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) commended the alleged assault, describing it as an “attempted modern day lynching.”

“No one should have to fear for their life because of their sexuality or color of their skin. We must confront this hate,” she said.

In response to the alleged attack, Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) had even called on the House to pass legislation that would designate lynching a federal hate crime — re-upping the bill, which passed the Senate in December.

President Trump also weighed in on the matter, calling the alleged attack “horrible,” adding that “It doesn’t get worse,”

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/02/16/report-chicago-police-believe-jussie-smollett-paid-two-men-to-stage-attack/

Abbey Marie
02-17-2019, 09:35 AM
Wonder how the pretty gay guy will fare in prison?

KarlMarx
02-17-2019, 11:23 AM

I think you can draw your own conclusion.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-17-2019, 02:11 PM
Don't worry, the democrat propaganda wing will be doing their best to protect him and kill the story. He'll probably wind up with probation and a suspended sentence.

Russ
02-17-2019, 07:58 PM
This guy is a scum-sucking bottom-dweller to make up this hoax that he was attacked. I find it particularly pathetic that he left the noose around this neck while he strolled into the hotel to report the "attack". What kind of real victim would leave a noose around their neck if two real thugs were lurking somewhere nearby? :rolleyes:

It is interesting that he decided to swear to the police that he was attacked by white men wearing MAGA hats and yelling "this is MAGA country". This blatant attempt to vilify white men and also anyone that would wear a MAGA hat is one of the reasons his story fell apart. The description sounded too convenient (like the "bushy-haired man in the Sam Shephard case) and also didn't sound like how a hate crime perpetrator would actually act.

This twit's hoax might not have fallen apart if he hadn't added the MAGA details and the stupid noose. But then again, maybe those false details are the only reason he did it.

CSM
02-18-2019, 07:29 AM
This guy is a scum-sucking bottom-dweller to make up this hoax that he was attacked. I find it particularly pathetic that he left the noose around this neck while he strolled into the hotel to report the "attack". What kind of real victim would leave a noose around their neck if two real thugs were lurking somewhere nearby? :rolleyes:

It is interesting that he decided to swear to the police that he was attacked by white men wearing MAGA hats and yelling "this is MAGA country". This blatant attempt to vilify white men and also anyone that would wear a MAGA hat is one of the reasons his story fell apart. The description sounded too convenient (like the "bushy-haired man in the Sam Shephard case) and also didn't sound like how a hate crime perpetrator would actually act.

This twit's hoax might not have fallen apart if he hadn't added the MAGA details and the stupid noose. But then again, maybe those false details are the only reason he did it.

What? Doesn't every conservative, MAGA loving citizen carry a bottle of bleach and a rope around with them in case they run into some liberal, gay snowflake at 2 a.m.???

Voted4Reagan
02-18-2019, 08:14 AM
1. On phone with Manager at time
2. Carrying a Subway Sandwich
3. Managed to punch his attacker back while holding on to both said Phone and Sandwich.
4. Both Phone and Sandwich weren't dropped in the "Attack"
5. Temperature at the time was -40 Degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Bleach Freezes at 19 Degrees F.
7. Wont turn over Phone records
8. Redacts Phone records to point they are useless
9. claims 2 white guys attacked him calling him names and tying a noose around his neck.
10. Turns out the 2 SUSPECTS are BLACK and from Nigeria (A known hotspot for white supremacy)
11. The 2 are brothers and know Smollet from working with him.
12. Smollet says the 2 men in the tape are the ones that attacked him.. The brothers are those men.
13. Brothers now say Smollet PAID THEM to fake the attack.
14. 2 weeks before the attack Smollet was with Democratic Presidential hopeful Kamala Harris at a rally where theyspoke about LYNCHING.

Please feel free to add to this list........

STTAB
02-18-2019, 09:32 AM
I waited to comment on this story because I hate the rush to judge before all facts are known principle that we are not apparently living by, but at this point is seems pretty clear that this was a false flag, and dude should spend the exact same amount of time in jail as a real attacker would have. I assume that someone wearing a MAGA hat and mock hanging a negro in Chicago would receive a life sentence, so........

Russ
02-18-2019, 09:37 AM
What? Doesn't every conservative, MAGA loving citizen carry a bottle of bleach and a rope around with them in case they run into some liberal, gay snowflake at 2 a.m.???

I expect to see ads for everyone to get their "MAGA Citizen Kit". "Be ready, in case you run into a mindless, Trump-hating twit who's about to lose their small role in a vapid late-night drama. Kit includes ski masks, noose, whiteface (optional), fake bleach, and phone number of Kamala Harris".

High_Plains_Drifter
02-18-2019, 10:15 AM
https://i.ibb.co/SsTP6jt/Paul.jpg

FakeNewsSux
02-18-2019, 11:25 AM
And let's not forget the leftist media's role in spreading this bigoted hate toward white Trump supporters:

https://caching.grabien.com/c/streams/0558/GALWAZWWLibXMAhWFWglcw/1550550048/558175.mp4?key=GALWAZWWLibXMAhWFWglcw

STTAB
02-18-2019, 11:57 AM
https://i.ibb.co/SsTP6jt/Paul.jpg

This is ALWAYS the case with leftists, the most dishonest people alive.

jimnyc
02-18-2019, 12:51 PM
Let's bet on how many folks go public to retract their hateful comments? I'm betting EASILY less than half of those on the left, that SO QUICKLY jumped out to condemn the people who didn't even exist.

---

Smollett and AOC: Dems Reach New Heights of 'Magical Thinking'

What's with the left? Why have they so abandoned logic and reason that not only do they contradict virtually everything they stood for ten years ago (secure borders, etc.), their spokespeople have gone so far off the deep end as to embrace the incoherent proposals of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (no high-paying jobs for Long Island!) and to encourage the extraordinarily bizarre and increasingly hysterical narrative of Jussie Smollett?

It is as if the Democratic Party has decided, once and for all, to adopt the psychological concept of "Magical Thinking" as its modus vivendi.

Good Therapy defines magical thinking as "the belief that one’s own thoughts, wishes, or desires can influence the external world. It is common in very young children. A four-year-old child, for example, might believe that after wishing for a pony, one will appear at his or her house."

MT pops up in various guises from a child believing in Santa Claus to adults adhering to numerous utopian cults, secular and religious. That communism would result, as Marx declared, in the "withering away of the state" was one form of magical thinking. Political correctness, in essence, is also magical thinking because there is no such thing, nor should there ever be. It's almost as oxymoronic as "settled science."

Democrats (liberals and progressives in general) have been headed in the direction of magical thinking for some time and, in fact, have been well over the line since the advent of Trump. Remember, moments after the inauguration, thousands of women marching through the streets of our major cities wearing pudenda hats because something terrible was about to happen to their sex? Nothing did.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/smollett-and-aoc-dems-reach-new-heights-of-magical-thinking/

Will They Retract? Pelosi, 2020 Dems, Liberal Groups Believed Jussie Smollett Hate Hoax

After Empire star Jussie Smollett claimed he was attacked in Chicago last month, liberals rushed to defend him and to connect his alleged attack to broad currents of "hate" directed at black and LGBT people. On Saturday, however, Chicago Police confirmed that new evidence has "shifted the trajectory of the investigation," as various outlets reported that police suspect Smollett paid two black men to orchestrate the hate hoax.

The Empire actor claimed to have been attacked by two masked white men who tied a noose around his neck, poured bleach-scented liquid on him, and chanted, "This is MAGA country!" Smollett, who is openly gay, also claimed the attackers shouted racist and homophobic slurs at him. The police statement confirmed growing suspicions about Smollett's story as more evidence has come to light.

If indeed Smollett's story is a hoax, and if police are on the verge of charging him with filing a false report, the liberals who defended his story will have to answer for themselves. Will they retract their statements about the trend of "hate" Smollett's attack revealed?

Here are nine prominent liberal politicians and organizations that spread the Smollett story.

1. Nancy Pelosi

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) called the alleged attack "racist, homophobic," and "an affront to our humanity."

"The racist, homophobic attack on [Jussie Smollett] is an affront to our humanity," Pelosi tweeted. "No one should be attacked for who they are or whom they love. I pray that Jussie has a speedy recovery & that justice is served. May we all commit to ending this hate once & for all."

The racist, homophobic attack on @JussieSmollett is an affront to our humanity. No one should be attacked for who they are or whom they love. I pray that Jussie has a speedy recovery & that justice is served. May we all commit to ending this hate once & for all.

— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) January 30, 2019

2. Joe Biden

Former Vice President Joe Biden, a likely candidate for president in 2020, expressed solidarity with the Empire star and condemned the "homophobia and racism" in the alleged attack.

"What happened today to [Jussie Smollett] must never be tolerated in this country," Biden tweeted. "We must stand up and demand that we no longer give this hate safe harbor; that homophobia and racism have no place on our streets or in our hearts. We are with you, Jussie."

https://i.imgur.com/EhLGxV1.png

3. Kamala Harris

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), a candidate for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination, praised Smollett and denounced the attack as an "attempted modern day lynching."

Jussie Smollett "is one of the kindest, most gentle human beings I know," Harris tweeted. "I’m praying for his quick recovery. This was an attempted modern day lynching. No one should have to fear for their life because of their sexuality or color of their skin. We must confront this hate."

https://i.imgur.com/yMOaUy9.png

4. Cory Booker

Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), another 2020 presidential candidate, used Smollett's story to push for federal legislation.

"The vicious attack on actor Jussie Smollett was an attempted modern-day lynching. I'm glad he's safe," Booker tweeted. "To those in Congress who don't feel the urgency to pass our Anti-Lynching bill designating lynching as a federal hate crime– I urge you to pay attention."

https://i.imgur.com/BQ8yQYO.png

5. The NAACP

Derrick Johnson, president of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), connected the alleged attack to President Donald Trump.

"The recent racist and homophobic attack on acclaimed actor and activist Jussie Smollett is troubling. The rise in hate crimes is directly linked to President Donald J. Trump’s racist and xenophobic rhetoric," Johnson said in a statement. "It is dangerous for any society to allow a tone of divisiveness and hatred to dominate the political discourse. As this rhetoric continues to bleed into our everyday lives, dangerous behavior will continue to place many law-abiding individuals at risk."

As if that were not enough, the NAACP president compared Trump's rhetoric to "terrorism." He concluded, "We pray for a full physical and mental recovery Jussie Smollett and many unnamed victims of this forum of hate based terrorism."

6. The Human Rights Campaign (HRC)

Chad Griffin, president of the HRC, not only failed to question the Empire star's story, but described the attack as part of a trend.

"This shocking attack on our friend and tremendous advocate Jussie Smollett is, unfortunately, not an isolated incident," Griffin said in a statement. "There is an alarming epidemic of hate violence in our country that disproportionately targets Black people, LGBTQ people, and religious minorities — and particularly those living at the intersections of multiple identities."

Griffin used the story as an opportunity to push "state laws that protect LGBTQ individuals from hate crimes." Indeed, according to FBI statistics, 1,130 of the 7,175 hate crimes in 2017 targeted people based on sexual orientation, and 119 targeted people for their gender identity.

These attacks are horrific, and the crimes reported to the FBI are less likely to be hoaxes. Yet by tying these incidents to Smollett's story, Griffin may have detracted from their seriousness.

7. GLAAD

The LGBT activist group GLAAD said that it "stands with Jussie and against such hate violence."

"Our hearts are with Jussie Smollett as he recovers from a hate-motivated and repugnant attack in Chicago," GLAAD president and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis said in a statement. "Jussie has always used his voice and talent to create a better world, and it is disgusting that anyone, especially someone who has done such good for so many, would be targeted by undeniable hatred."

"GLAAD condemns these despicable acts as well as the racism and homophobia that drove them," Ellis added. Will she condemn the hoax just as vocally?

8. The ACLU

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) also condemned the "racism and homophobia" behind the alleged attack on the Empire star.

"LGBTQ people of color live at multiple intersections of oppression, too often facing violence compounded by both racism and homophobia," the ACLU tweeted. "This isn't the America we want to live in. Our thoughts are with Jussie Smollett and all survivors."

https://i.imgur.com/KMJI4tY.png

Does the ACLU still consider perpetrators of hate hoaxes "survivors"?

9. The SPLC

Last, but certainly not least, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) seized on the story, using it to bolster its list of "hate groups."

"Hate crimes — especially against LGBTQ+ and black people — are increasing," the SPLC tweeted, believing his story verbatim. "Actor Jussie Smollett, who is both black and gay, was attacked by two men who allegedly shouted, 'This is MAGA country!' after they beat him and put a rope around his neck."

https://i.imgur.com/MdrIF89.png

Later, the SPLC used the story to prop up its own smear campaign.

"We track hate. In 2017 alone we counted 51 anti-LGBT groups in the US," the far-Left smear group tweeted. "The violent attack on Jussie Smollett, albeit despicable, is not unique. POC & the LGBTQ community are most commonly targeted – especially those at the intersection of both identities."

https://i.imgur.com/Pugv4Qt.png

The SPLC's "hate map," which plots the organizations it brands "hate groups" on a list with the Ku Klux Klan, inspired a 2012 terrorist attack against the Family Research Council (FRC), a mainstream Christian group the SPLC marked an "anti-LGBT hate group." Last year, the SPLC paid a settlement of $3.375 million to a Muslim reformer it falsely branded an "anti-Islamic extremist." The group is currently facing multiple defamation lawsuits.

Each of these politicians and groups has a chance to reverse their statements on the Jussie Smollett hoax. Will they?

https://pjmedia.com/trending/will-they-retract-pelosi-2020-dems-liberal-groups-trusted-jussie-smollett-hate-hoax/

Nolte: Looks Like Jussie Smollett Chose Wrong Surveillance Camera to Capture ‘Attack

Jussie Smollett appears to have picked the wrong location for his “hate crime” to be caught on video, if we compare his Good Morning America interview to the latest reports about the two Nigerian men who say the actor-singer paid them to stage an assault.
As of now, it looks as though police believe Empire star Smollett not only lied about a phony hate crime committed against him by supporters of President Trump, he also hoped to arrange for the hoax to be recorded by a surveillance camera.

According to CBS Chicago, Smollett, who is black and gay, paid $3500 to two brothers (who are also black) to stage a racist and homophobic attack on him.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/02/18/nolte-looks-like-jussie-smollett-chose-wrong-surveillance-camera-to-capture-attack/

jimnyc
02-18-2019, 01:24 PM
And this here in a nutshell describes SO MANY folks on the left, and further explains why you will barely see any of them not only retract their comments, but then condemn him and everyone involved.

This is a part of our mainstream news. They couldn't care less about the truth, only what they want the truth to be.

I would shake my head if this were a 17 year old black kid who idolized him because of his great singing abilities - but this is the news to millions.

---

Washington Post Editorial Board’s Executive Assistant ‘Heartbroken’ Jussie Smollett May Have Staged Attack, Says She ‘Needs it to Be True’

In an extremely dark op-ed for the Washington Post, the executive assistant for the editorial board lamented about how heartbroken she will be if Jussie Smollett wasn’t actually targeted in a hate crime.

Instead of feeling relief that maybe there isn’t as much hate out there as she thought, Nana Efua Mumford wrote about her heartbreak that maybe he wasn’t actually attacked by some evil Trump supporters in an article titled, “I doubted Jussie Smollett. It breaks my heart that I might be right.”

“I wanted to believe Smollett. I really did. I know that there is a deep, dark racist history in Chicago and, if proved true, this would be just one more point on the list. I wanted to believe him with every fiber of my being, most of all because the consequences if he were lying were almost too awful to contemplate,” Mumford wrote about her desire for another hate crime to confirm her world view that racism is rampant in her hometown.

In her high school diary-entry style rant, Mumford continued on to say that if it is confirmed to be a hoax, the incident would be “touted as proof that there is a leftist conspiracy to cast Trump supporters as violent,” yeah — ya think? Here she is wishing for a hate crime to be true so she can continue to demonize the 63 million people who voted for the president, gee — why on earth would anyone think that there is a media conspiracy?

“If Smollett’s story is found to be untrue, it will cause irreparable damage to the communities most affected. Smollett would be the first example skeptics cite when they say we should be dubious of victims who step forward to share their experiences of racist hate crimes or sexual violence,” Mumford wrote. “The incident would be touted as proof that there is a leftist conspiracy to cast Trump supporters as violent, murderous racists. It would be the very embodiment of ‘fake news.'”

Mumford explained that because she doesn’t want supporters of the president to be able to prove the media bias and efforts to demonize them — she needs this story to be true.

“And that reason, more than any other, is why I need this story to be true, despite its ugliness and despite what it would say about the danger of the world I live in. The damage done would be too deep and long-lasting. This could be one tragedy that the Lyon family — and more importantly, the ordinary people who loved the show and invested in Smollett and his character — could never overcome,” Mumford concluded.

In case anyone wasn’t already convinced the Washington Post is extremely biased, there you have it.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/washington-post-editorial-boards-executive-assistant-heartbroken-jussie-smollett-may-have-staged-attack-says-she-needs-it-to-be-true/

jimnyc
02-18-2019, 02:08 PM
12 Top Democrats’ Tweets About The Jussie Smollett ‘Hate Crime.’ They Didn't Age Well.

The anti-Trump mainstream media and many top Democrats uncritically pushed a dubious — and since-discredited — account of a "MAGA"-backed homophobic and racist attack on "Empire" star Jussie Smollett.

Smollett contends he was targeted by two Trump supporters, who verbally and physically accosted him as he was walking home from a Subway sandwich shop in downtown Chicago on January 29. The actor says the men called him a "f*****" and a "n*****," tied a noose around his neck, poured bleach on him, and kicked him in the ribs.

The suspicious "hate crime" account by Smollett, however, has just about fallen apart based on new evidence. Police sources have told reporters that Smollett hired two Nigerian men to stage the attack. The actor has also reportedly been resistant to full cooperation with authorities, such as waiting a full two weeks to turn over "limited and heavily redacted" phone records meant to corroborate his account.

Top Democrats, such as House Speaker Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), media darling Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), and presidential hopefuls Senator Cory Booker (D-NY) and Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA), swiftly posted uncritical tweets regarding Smollett’s suspicious account of the attack, in a clear effort to help push a beneficial partisan narrative, which is essentially: "President Trump and his deplorable supporters are unleashing hate on marginalized groups and must be stopped!"

Here are just some of the tweets from these top Democrats that have aged poorly, to put it mildly:

House Speaker Pelosi wrote: "The racist, homophobic attack on [Jussie Smollett] is an affront to our humanity. No one should be attacked for who they are or whom they love. I pray that Jussie has a speedy recovery & that justice is served. May we all commit to ending this hate once and for all."

Pelosi has since deleted the tweet without explanation or follow-up. It's unclear if Pelosi, for example, still wants justice to be served if Smollett really did orchestrate the attack.

https://i.imgur.com/MXbYNPU.png

Rep. Ocasio-Cortex (D-NY): "There is no such thing as 'racially charged.' This attack was not 'possibly' homophobic. It was a racist and homophobic attack. If you don’t like what is happening to our country, then work to change it. It is no one’s job to water down or sugar-coat the rise of hate crimes."

https://i.imgur.com/1dmJVDJ.png

Senator Booker: "The vicious attack on actor Jussie Smollett was an attempted modern-day lynching. I'm glad he's safe. To those in Congress who don't feel the urgency to pass our Anti-Lynching bill designating lynching as a federal hate crime—I urge you to pay attention."

https://i.imgur.com/CHPP6vN.png

Senator Harris: "[Jussie Smollett] is one of the kindest, most gentle human beings I know. I’m praying for his quick recovery. This was an attempted modern day lynching. No one should have to fear for their life because of their sexuality or color of their skin. We must confront this hate."

https://i.imgur.com/CgCqDk0.png

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA): “Jussie is my friend - a very talented & beautiful human being. It is so hurtful that homophobic haters would dare hurt someone so loving and giving. I'm dedicated to finding the culprits and bringing them to justice. Jussie did not deserve to be harmed by anyone!”

https://i.imgur.com/5B6bCUj.png

Governor Andrew Cuomo (D-NY): "New York State calls this attack on Jussie Smollett what it is — a hate crime. Homophobia and racism will not be tolerated — not now, not ever."

https://i.imgur.com/053Lwks.png

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), currently serving as House Intelligence Chairman, wrote: "I met [Jussie Smollett] at the Pride Parade in Los Angeles, and I've seen the passion and moral clarity of his activism first hand. This week he was the victim of an horrific attack. We pray for your speedy recovery, Jussie, and reject this act of hatred and bigotry."

https://i.imgur.com/Cw5CbMu.png

Governor Gavin Newsom (D-CA): "This kind of violence should be unacceptable. We cannot continue to allow racism, homophobia, transphobia, anti-semitism, or any other form of hate continue to drive violence in our country."

https://i.imgur.com/dEvkedQ.png

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX): "Hate in any form is unacceptable - I was deeply troubled to hear of the attack on him and I am relieved that [Jussie Smollett] is safe and receiving medical attention and is not deterred from being the best actor and performer can be - #NoHate."

https://i.imgur.com/aPymvvQ.png

Rest - https://www.dailywire.com/news/43604/here-are-all-top-democrats-tweets-about-jussie-amanda-prestigiacomo

Despite The Evidence, Some Prominent People Still Stand By Jussie Smollett

Now that the alleged crime that "Empire" star Jussie Smollett claims happened to him looks more and more like a fabricated hoax, his friends and allies have begun to either backtrack on their initial support, hold their condemnations, or double-down on their defense of the actor.

According to USA Today, Smollett has at least one prominent supporter still publicly holding out hope that police will eventually exonerate him of having committed a hoax hate crime: Brett Mahoney, Executive Producer of "Empire."

"I believe and stand by @JussieSmollett," Mahoney tweeted on Sunday night. "Keep your head up."

It appears that the "Empire" writing staff may agree with Mahoney, due to the fact his tweet of support was later shared on the "Empire" writers' official Twitter account.

Rest - https://www.dailywire.com/news/43607/despite-evidence-some-prominent-people-still-stand-paul-bois

jimnyc
02-18-2019, 04:34 PM
Is it possible that these 2 guys acted on their own, and then tossed Jussie under the bridge with everything they know about him? Maybe with all they knew about him, they used that to assault/rob him?

I suppose it's possible, but this was never reported as a robbery, simply a hate crime assault.

Jussie was VERY clear about it being 2 white men. These guys are very black, one cannot mistake that.

Apparently these guys admitted to buying the noose, and it's been backed up by the store they claim they got it from.

Jussie was on the phone with his manager, but to date they refuse to release that portion?

I hate to see the guy go down like this if that's how it all turns out to be. But if so, this was planned out to make Trump supporters look bad, in various ways. To make things worse where they need not be.

---

Empire star Jussie Smollett DENIES he paid two Nigerian brothers $3,500 to attack him in extraordinary statement and says he is 'angered and devastated' by claims he orchestrated the assault

---Actor Jussie Smollett orchestrated an assault against him, Chicago police say
---He has furiously denied the claims saying 'nothing is further from the truth'
---Issued a statement through his lawyers Saturday night who now say one of the suspects was Smollett's personal trainer for a music video
---'It is impossible to believe that this person could have played a role in the crime against Jussie or would falsely claim Jussie’s complicity', they say
---Attorneys say Smollett 'has now been further victimized by claims'
---Both men, Nigerian brothers, are friends of Smollett and said to be anti-Trump
---The brothers were reportedly paid $3,500 and were promised additional $500
---Smollett has hired high-powered defense lawyer Michael Monico
---Smollett said last month that he was the victim of a racist, homophobic attack
---Initial reports said two noose-wielding men yelled 'this is MAGA country'
---Police say new evidence emerged in interrogations that requires investigation

Empire star Jussie Smollett has furiously denied paying two Nigerian brothers $3,500 to attack him and says he is 'angered and devastated' after investigators in Chicago claimed he orchestrated his own assault.

Smollett’s attorneys, Todd S. Pugh and Victor P. Henderson, told Entertainment Weekly: 'As a victim of a hate crime who has cooperated with the police investigation, Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with.

'He has now been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying.'

Rest - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6713267/Chicago-police-believe-Jussie-Smollett-PAID-two-Nigerian-brothers-ATTACK-street.html

Jussie Smollett Case: Clues Into Potential Motive Behind The Attack

(CBS) –“Empire” actor Jussie Smollett, upset after a racist letter sent to the show’s studio didn’t get a “bigger reaction,” is suspected of paying two men to attack him a week later, according to multiple sources with direct knowledge of the investigation.

“When the letter didn’t get enough attention, he concocted the staged attack,” a source told CBS 2 Investigator Brad Edwards. Other sources corroborated that information.

The blockbuster revelation into at least part of Smollett’s potential motive comes two days after CBS 2’s Charlie De Mar reported Smollett and two brothers — Ola and Abel Osundairo — staged the attack on Jan. 29 in Streeterville.

De Mar spoke on the phone exclusively with the Osundairo brothers Monday afternoon. In a joint statement, they said: “We are not racist. We are not homophobic and we are not anti-Trump. We were born and raised in Chicago and are American citizens.”

Smollett received a letter containing a white powder Jan. 22. The letter was mailed to Chicago’s Cinespace Studios, where the show “Empire” is filmed. The letter prompted a HAZMAT response. CPD says the “white substance” was later determined to be aspirin.

Rest - https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/18/jussie-smollet-motive-staged-attack/

I guess it's easier to quietly delete and walk away than to address it and apologize for rushing to judgement and ...

Pelosi deletes sympathetic tweet for Jussie Smollett

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi deleted her original tweet sympathetic for “Empire” actor and singer Jussie Smollett amid reports that Smollett may have staged the alleged January 29 attack against himself.

Smollett claimed to law enforcement he went to a local Chicago Subway eatery at 2 a.m., and he was physically assaulted by two men in ski masks who poured a bleach-like substance on him and tied a rope around his neck like a noose.

Smollett, who is gay and black, also told police his attackers yelled racial and homophobic slurs at him as well as told him, “This is MAGA country.”

Politicians and celebrities alike rallied around Smollett, including Pelosi, who tweeted on January 29, “The racist, homophobic attack on [Smollett] is an affront to our humanity. No one should be attacked for who they are or whom they love.”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/17/pelosi-deletes-tweet-jussie-smollett/

jimnyc
02-18-2019, 04:37 PM
Sure, and NONE of these tech companies EVER discriminate for ANY reason.

This is a black eye for the anti-Trump group and the TDS group. And they would rather that not be the topic of the day for a long time.

---

Censored: Facebook Bans Conservative Articles on Jussie Smollett Hate Hoax

Over the weekend, Facebook prevented people from sharing two conservative articles on the unraveling case of Empire star Jussie Smollett, which seems to be a hate hoax. Both Rod Dreher, author of The Benedict Option: A Strategy for Christians in a Post-Christian Nation, and Daily Caller reporter Jen Kerns saw their articles censored on Facebook.

"You are not allowed to say on Facebook that Jussie Smollett carried out a hate hoax," Dreher tweeted on Sunday with a screenshot of Facebook blocking his article at The American Conservative.

https://i.imgur.com/GSZYEMt.png

According to the screenshot, Facebook blocked the article because it appeared to be "spam" and said the post "goes against our Community Standards."

Facebook lifted the ban later on Sunday.

On Saturday, lawyer Harmeet K. Dillon shared the news that Jen Kerns's article had been blocked, also allegedly for "violating community standards."

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/censored-facebook-bans-conservative-articles-on-jussie-smollett-hate-hoax/

jimnyc
02-18-2019, 05:24 PM
From Infowars no less. And from a black activist. But he's downright pointing out the truth, and damn good for him. If shit like this were allowed to happen and go unchallenged, it could have terrible consequences. I don't see a race war coming from it, but just building on already harsh feelings out there - and then some based on the hate crime and all.

---

Black civil rights activist says Jussie Smollett could have started "race war"

Black civil rights activist Najee Ali is calling for the arrest and prosecution of actor Jussie Smollett for allegedly lying about being the victim of a hate crime, saying Smollett could have unintentionally triggered a “race war”.

During a press conference yesterday, Ali, who is the director of Project Islamic HOPE, said Smollett’s actions were an insult to real victims of hate crime.

“It’s a slap in the face. We have many members of the black community and the LGBTQ community who have been the victims of racism and hate crimes, so for Smollett to say that he was a victim…and we believe is a lie…certainly is an injustice to those true victims…,” Ali said. “Jussie Smollett must be brought to justice for lying.”

Ali also expressed concern that Smollett “could have created a race war” because more “extreme” members of the black community were so angry that they wanted to “retaliate” violently.

“If Jussie Smollett really wants to do what’s right, he’ll stop this campaign of lies,” said Ali.

After initially believing the story that Smollett was attacked by racist Trump supporters who yelled, “This is MAGA country,” Ali said he changed his mind after Smollett’s “campaign of lies continued to be unraveled.”

Ali’s response is more honest than most leftists’ reaction, the vast majority of whom have refused to address the issue despite vociferous initial tweets that blamed the attack on Trump and his supporters before any evidence was in.

Rest - https://www.infowars.com/black-civil-rights-activist-says-jussie-smollet-could-have-started-race-war/

Russ
02-18-2019, 07:53 PM
Black civil rights activist says Jussie Smollett could have started "race war"

Black civil rights activist Najee Ali is calling for the arrest and prosecution of actor Jussie Smollett for allegedly lying about being the victim of a hate crime, saying Smollett could have unintentionally triggered a “race war”.

I actually think that Jussie Smollet's hoax hate crime, combined with his blatant attempt to vilify white Trump supporters, should qualify as a Hate Crime.

Abbey Marie
02-18-2019, 08:43 PM
I’ve heard even Al not-too-Sharpton has very strongly criticized Jussie.

STTAB
02-19-2019, 10:49 AM
In a just society Jussie would get the help he clearly needs in the mental ward of a prison hospital.

jimnyc
02-19-2019, 10:59 AM
What exactly spurred this whole thing?

Apparently Jussie received a letter in the mail at the set for "Empire". It was made using cut out letters and weird writing. It had "powder" in it which turned out to be crushed aspirin.

Not many people cared about the story and it didn't get the attention Jussie thinks it should have gotten.

NOW - police are thinking maybe these nigerian brothers sent the letters thanks to Jussie. Sounds like it perhaps started with that letter - and he was responsible for that as well!!

---

HATE HOAX UPDATE: Investigators Suspect Nigerian Brothers Linked to Threatening Letter Sent to Jussie Smollett

Investigators now suspect that the Nigerian brothers who were paid by Jussie Smollett to take part in the faked attack are also behind the suspicious letter sent to Smollett in early January.

Investigators retrieved a magazine from the Osundairo brother’s apartment in Chicago.

https://i.imgur.com/LPhvIoj.png

CBS Local reported: (https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/18/jussie-smollet-motive-staged-attack/)

Smollett received a letter containing a white powder Jan. 22. The letter was mailed to Chicago’s Cinespace Studios, where the show “Empire” is filmed. The letter prompted a HAZMAT response. CPD says the “white substance” was later determined to be aspirin.

The note was crafted with letters apparently cut out from magazines to form words. The pieced-together message contained racial and homophobic threats directed at Smollett. A magazine is one of the pieces of evidence retrieved from the brother’s home last week during a search conducted by CPD. Investigators also recovered a book of stamps.

When asked about the letter in a televised interview last week, Smollett said, “On the letter, it had a stick figure hanging from a tree with a gun pointing toward it.” It also had “MAGA” — reference to President Donald Trump’s campaign slogan Make America Great Again – written as the return address.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/hate-hoax-update-investigators-suspect-nigerian-brothers-linked-to-threatening-letter-sent-to-jussie-smollett/

Abbey Marie
02-19-2019, 01:55 PM

Abbey Marie
02-19-2019, 01:58 PM

jimnyc
02-19-2019, 02:03 PM
Imagine had this been a righty actor, or someone doing the same about Obama and supporters of his? The backlash would be forever and non-stop news.

But now that this dipshit has been outed, the media has dropped it as if it were a hand grenade. The psycho left on twitter that would go insane had this been a righty - are now in cricketland, alongside the lefty media and leftist elite Hollywood.

KarlMarx
02-19-2019, 02:07 PM
Imagine had this been a righty actor, or someone doing the same about Obama and supporters of his? The backlash would be forever and non-stop news.

But now that this dipshit has been outed, the media has dropped it as if it were a hand grenade. The psycho left on twitter that would go insane had this been a righty - are now in cricketland, alongside the lefty media and leftist elite Hollywood.

And millions of Trump supporters were, by inference, accused if being a bunch of homophobic, racist, violent rubes by the media, by Hollywood, and Senators in Congress.....

Not to mention the President of The United States!

So where is the apology for this?

jimnyc
02-19-2019, 02:15 PM
And millions of Trump supporters were, by inference, accused if being a bunch of homophobic, racist, violent rubes by the media, by Hollywood, and Senators in Congress.....

IMO that was the intent for sure!

And the left, Hollywood and so many others, took the chance to jump all over Trump supporters and anything resembling them and held "us" responsible, which is also part of the intent.

You won't ever see apologies!

jimnyc
02-19-2019, 02:31 PM

Yup...

---

Nolte: Jussie Smollett Media Hoax Is a Hate Crime Against Trump Supporters

There is simply no question the media hoax perpetrated by Jussie Smollett is a hate crime committed against supporters of President Donald Trump.

A “hate crime” is defined as a bias crime, a crime committed against others based on who they are, or what they look like, or what group they hail from.

Filing a false police report is a crime, one that Smollett is almost certainly guilty of and might be charged with. The hate-bias part is even easier to prove. And Smollett is not the only one guilty of this. So too are his co-conspirators in the establishment media.

According to various reports, this was a meticulously planned hoax. Smollett, who is black and gay, hired to two men (who are also black) to disguise themselves as Trump supporters and beat him up on the street.

The detailed planning involved the apparent purchase of bleach, rope, red baseball caps, face masks, rehearsals, and the staging of the fake crime near a surveillance camera (that was thankfully pointing the wrong way).

The police were lied to, told about the red hats (that look like the president’s iconic MAGA hats), told the perpetrators targeted Smollett personally, told they hurled racial and homophobic slurs, poured bleach on Smollett’s black skin, wrapped a noose around his neck, and warned that “This is MAGA country!”

Obviously, the whole idea was to use this hoax as a means to single out Trump supporters, to frame, defame, smear, and denigrate a group of people — to commit a crime against them, if not a crime-crime, then a public relations crime that we would all be forced to answer for.

On top of his craven, bottomless, grasping, pathetic, neurotic need for publicity, what other motive could there possibly be? There are all kinds of ways to gin up publicity for yourself — legal and illegal, but Smollett chose this way, chose to play with the kind of fire that not only could have resulted in violence against Trump supporters out of someone’s misguided sense of retribution, but a full-fledged riot.

The establishment media are also guilty of committing this hate crime, and that they so eagerly participated in this one just days after committing a similar hate crime against the boys of Covington Catholic High School, is a just one more reminder that the media are indeed the enemy of the people.

The Smollett hoax smelled like a hoax from the word go. The media knew it and still they gleefully advanced it anyway. What joy they took in aiding and abetting this crime, this smear against people they hate — those of us who dare to think differently, vote differently, worship differently; who dare criticize them and not take them seriously.

Oh yes, the media were and are eager co-conspirators in this bias crime.

They all drive any hate, by bigotry, by prejudice, and by their desire to harm us because we are different, because they see us as “others.”

And if you think the media and Hollywood hate crimes against us are bad now, wait until the 2020 presidential campaign gets going.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2019/02/19/nolte-jussie-smollett-media-hoax-is-a-hate-crime-against-trump-supporters/

High_Plains_Drifter
02-20-2019, 02:38 AM
I wonder... where Pedo Pete disappears to when stories like this come up. Why isn't he in here spouting the lefty hyperbole?

jimnyc
02-20-2019, 11:00 AM
IF this is in fact true, that he sent the letter himself, and then setup the hate crime beating himself...

He can do jail time on the letter alone. He can easily be dropped from "Empire" and likely that WOULD be the end of his career. And I would HOPE that he gets serious charges for the fraudulent report and also sees time for that.

---

Nolte: Experts Say Jussie Smollett Could Face Career Ruin and Prison

Empire star Jussie Smollett is facing prison time and the loss of his career if it’s proved he lied about being the target of a hate crime, experts tell the far-left Variety.

According to police sources and all kinds of media reports, Jussie Smollett (who is black and gay) did lie about being assaulted by two racist, homophobic Donald Trump supporters in the middle of the night on January 29.

The story was preposterous to begin with. In order to believe it, one was forced to buy into the idea MAGA hat-wearing bigots were running around downtown Chicago in subzero weather carrying bleach and wielding a noose in the hopes of running into an openly gay black man like Smollett.

“This is MAGA country!” the face-masked yahoos reportedly yelled as they poured bleach on Smollett’s black skin and tied a noose around his neck. Bruised, humiliated, and still carrying his cell phone and Subway sandwich, Smollett somehow survived.

Nevertheless, due to their own prejudices and bigotry, a number of terrible people in politics, media, and Hollywood chose to believe Smollett’s story; and they ran with it, and now they look ridiculous (including a handful of Democrat presidential candidates) and are being forced to clean up their own appalling role in advancing Smollett’s hate crime.

On top of all this, it appears as though Smollett might have mailed that infamous hate letter (filled with powder that turned out to be harmless) to himself, or he at least had some role in arranging it.

What we do know is that Smollett’s co-conspirators have rolled on him. The two brothers (both black) he hired to stage the attack are singing like Sinatra, and that includes the news of the phony hate mail.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/02/20/experts-say-jussie-smollett-could-face-career-ruin-and-prison/

jimnyc
02-20-2019, 11:27 AM
BUSTED: Jussie Smollett Wrote The Racist Letter That Led To The Alleged Fake Hate Crime Against Him

It’s slowly coming together, folks. For many who were skeptical, your reservations are being validated left and right. For those who believed him, well, there’s no getting around this: you were wrong and you got suckered. The alleged hate crime against actor Jussie Smollett, who stars on the Fox show “Empire,” sparked another national outcry. Two white men punched him, poured bleach on him, and tied a rope around his neck. They wore red hats and told him, “this is MAGA country,” while hurling racist and homophobic slurs; Smollett is black and gay. Oh yes, blame President Trump. Blame his supporters. America is a racist trashcan, right? No doubt we have issues, but it’s not nearly as pervasive or systemic as the liberal media would have you believe. Case in point, this Smollett non-assault that appears to be a total hoax. And this isn’t the first time that such so-called racist incidents have been exposed as total hoaxes. It’s a lengthy history. And yes, I’m rejoicing over this. Excuse me for popping champagne over the fact that a hate crime didn’t happen. And yes, overjoyed that the liberal media got egg on their face once again with their astonishing ability to jump the gun and get everything totally wrong.

The two white men were actually Nigerian brothers who knew Smollett. One was an extra on “Empire.” The other was the actor’s former personal trainer. They bought the rope used in the attack, were reportedly paid by Smollett to execute this faux hate crime, and even held rehearsals. The two are cooperating with the police. The attack itself is similar to the plot of a playSmollett had auditioned for. It stinks to high heaven. And now, we’re hearing that this likely hoax was perpetrated because a racist letter sent to Smollett was not given enough media attention. Yep, some letter with a white powder, later determined to be aspirin, was sent to Smollett days before this non-hate crime was committed. With these new developments, Chicago Police no longer consider Smollett a victim. They want a new interview with him as well. To put a cherry on top of this, Smollett was involved in writing the racist letter sent to him (via CBS Chicago): (https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/19/jessie-smollett-letter-brothers-attack/)

https://i.imgur.com/upiKQo9.png
https://i.imgur.com/4Kan8LC.png

The two brothers involved in the Jussie Smollett attack told police that Smollett was behind creating a racist letter that was sent to the actor on the set of his show, “Empire,” according to two sources with first-hand knowledge of the investigation.

And when that letter did not get a “bigger reaction,” Smollett orchestrated the attack a week later with the two men–Ola and Abel Osundairo, sources said. Also Tuesday, sources said the two brothers were seen on a ride share video camera before being dropped off near the location of the attack.

The note was crafted with letters apparently cut out from magazines to form words. The pieced-together message contained racial and homophobic threats directed at Smollett. A magazine is one of the pieces of evidence retrieved from the brother’s home last week during a search conducted by CPD. Investigators also recovered a book of stamps.

[…]

Sources say at least one of the brothers bought the rope used in the incident at Smollett’s request. The sources also say the “Empire” actor paid for the rope, which was purchased at the Crafty Beaver Hardware Store in the Ravenswood neighborhood the weekend of Jan. 25.

[…]

The sources say the red hat was bought at an Uptown beauty supply store and that the attack was supposed to happen before Jan. 29. The brothers told detectives the three men rehearsed the attack days prior to it happening. Smollett paid the brothers $3,500.

Rest - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/02/20/busted-jussie-smollett-wrote-the-racist-letter-that-led-to-the-alleged-fake-hate-n2541897

Abbey Marie
02-20-2019, 12:38 PM
Actors generally aren’t too bright, though they seem to think they are...

STTAB
02-20-2019, 02:24 PM
Is it possible that these 2 guys acted on their own, and then tossed Jussie under the bridge with everything they know about him? Maybe with all they knew about him, they used that to assault/rob him?

I suppose it's possible, but this was never reported as a robbery, simply a hate crime assault.

Jussie was VERY clear about it being 2 white men. These guys are very black, one cannot mistake that.

Apparently these guys admitted to buying the noose, and it's been backed up by the store they claim they got it from.

Jussie was on the phone with his manager, but to date they refuse to release that portion?

I hate to see the guy go down like this if that's how it all turns out to be. But if so, this was planned out to make Trump supporters look bad, in various ways. To make things worse where they need not be.

---

Empire star Jussie Smollett DENIES he paid two Nigerian brothers $3,500 to attack him in extraordinary statement and says he is 'angered and devastated' by claims he orchestrated the assault

---Actor Jussie Smollett orchestrated an assault against him, Chicago police say
---He has furiously denied the claims saying 'nothing is further from the truth'
---Issued a statement through his lawyers Saturday night who now say one of the suspects was Smollett's personal trainer for a music video
---'It is impossible to believe that this person could have played a role in the crime against Jussie or would falsely claim Jussie’s complicity', they say
---Attorneys say Smollett 'has now been further victimized by claims'
---Both men, Nigerian brothers, are friends of Smollett and said to be anti-Trump
---The brothers were reportedly paid $3,500 and were promised additional $500
---Smollett has hired high-powered defense lawyer Michael Monico
---Smollett said last month that he was the victim of a racist, homophobic attack
---Initial reports said two noose-wielding men yelled 'this is MAGA country'
---Police say new evidence emerged in interrogations that requires investigation

Empire star Jussie Smollett has furiously denied paying two Nigerian brothers $3,500 to attack him and says he is 'angered and devastated' after investigators in Chicago claimed he orchestrated his own assault.

Smollett’s attorneys, Todd S. Pugh and Victor P. Henderson, told Entertainment Weekly: 'As a victim of a hate crime who has cooperated with the police investigation, Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with.

'He has now been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying.'

Rest - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6713267/Chicago-police-believe-Jussie-Smollett-PAID-two-Nigerian-brothers-ATTACK-street.html

Jussie Smollett Case: Clues Into Potential Motive Behind The Attack

(CBS) –“Empire” actor Jussie Smollett, upset after a racist letter sent to the show’s studio didn’t get a “bigger reaction,” is suspected of paying two men to attack him a week later, according to multiple sources with direct knowledge of the investigation.

“When the letter didn’t get enough attention, he concocted the staged attack,” a source told CBS 2 Investigator Brad Edwards. Other sources corroborated that information.

The blockbuster revelation into at least part of Smollett’s potential motive comes two days after CBS 2’s Charlie De Mar reported Smollett and two brothers — Ola and Abel Osundairo — staged the attack on Jan. 29 in Streeterville.

De Mar spoke on the phone exclusively with the Osundairo brothers Monday afternoon. In a joint statement, they said: “We are not racist. We are not homophobic and we are not anti-Trump. We were born and raised in Chicago and are American citizens.”

Rest - https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/18/jussie-smollet-motive-staged-attack/

I guess it's easier to quietly delete and walk away than to address it and apologize for rushing to judgement and ...

Pelosi deletes sympathetic tweet for Jussie Smollett

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi deleted her original tweet sympathetic for “Empire” actor and singer Jussie Smollett amid reports that Smollett may have staged the alleged January 29 attack against himself.

Smollett claimed to law enforcement he went to a local Chicago Subway eatery at 2 a.m., and he was physically assaulted by two men in ski masks who poured a bleach-like substance on him and tied a rope around his neck like a noose.

Smollett, who is gay and black, also told police his attackers yelled racial and homophobic slurs at him as well as told him, “This is MAGA country.”

Politicians and celebrities alike rallied around Smollett, including Pelosi, who tweeted on January 29, “The racist, homophobic attack on [Smollett] is an affront to our humanity. No one should be attacked for who they are or whom they love.”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/17/pelosi-deletes-tweet-jussie-smollett/

ANYTHING is possible, but let's be honest. This fucker was 100% behind this hoax.

jimnyc
02-20-2019, 04:39 PM
Interesting, let's see if this pans out.

---

Jussie Smollett Indictment Imminent – To Come ‘IN HOURS — Not Days’

Emmy award-winning anchor and reporter at Chicago’s Fox 32 is reporting that his sources in the Chicago Police Department said that Jussie Smollett will be indicted for filing a false police report in “hours, not days.”

Additionally, Smollett has added lawyer Mark Geragos to his legal team. Garagos is infamous for representing Michael Jackson and murderer Scott Peterson.

“Top attorney Mark Geragos has joined #JussieSmollett legal team. He is assisting Todd Pugh and Victor Henderson. #CPD sources tell me an indictment of #Smollett could be coming in ‘a matter of hours. Not days,'” Weigel tweeted on Wednesday afternoon.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/breaking-jussie-smollett-indictment-imminent-to-come-in-hours-not-days/

Voted4Reagan
02-20-2019, 06:45 PM

jimnyc
02-20-2019, 08:12 PM
So looks like he's screwed now.

---

Jussie Smollett attack: Smollett charged with disorderly conduct for filing false police report, prosecutors say

CHICAGO -- "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett has been charged with one count of felony disorderly conduct for filing a false police report, the Cook County State's Attorney's Office said Wednesday evening.

Smollett is due in court in Chicago at 1:30 p.m. Thursday. Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said CPD detectives will make contact with Smollett's legal team to "negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest."

Guglielmi said CPD detectives presented evidence before a Cook County grand jury Wednesday. The grand jury returned an indictment shortly before 7 p.m.

Wednesday evening ABC7 Eyewitness News obtained surveillance video of the Osundairo brothers linked to the reported attack from a beauty supply shop. The video shows the brothers purchasing items possibly used in the case.

Employees at Beauty House in Chicago's Uptown neighborhood said the brothers came to the business the day before the alleged attack, and a security guard said he remembers the siblings because they purchased ski masks.

Rest - https://abc7chicago.com/jussie-smollet-a-suspect-in-criminal-investigation-for-filing-false-police-report-police-say/5147410/

Jussie Smollett Charged With Disorderly Conduct

CHICAGO (CBS) — “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett has now been charged with disorderly conduct, the Cook County States Attorney says.

https://i.imgur.com/oxhh0rw.png

Disorderly conduct is a Class 4 Felony. CBS 2 Legal Analyst Irv Miller says Smollett could face probation to up to 1.5 years in prison.

He is expected in bond court tomorrow at 1:30 p.m.

Detectives will make contact with his legal team to negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest, according to a spokesman for the Chicago Police Department.

Detectives presented evidence before a Cook County grand jury, police say.

Rest - https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/20/breaking-jussie-smollett-is-now-a-suspect-in-a-criminal-investigation-for-filing-a-false-police-report/

Jussie Smollett now a suspect for filing false report to Chicago police

Chicago police on Wednesday said they believe that “Empire” star Jussie Smollett made up claims that he was the target of a racist and homophobic attack — and evidence against him was being presented to a grand jury.

“Case Update: Jussie Smollett is now officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation by #ChicagoPolice for filing a false police report (Class 4 felony),” police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi tweeted.

“Detectives are currently presenting evidence before a Cook County Grand Jury.”

Under Illinois law, Smollett, 36, could face up to three years in prison if charged and convicted of the crime.

The announcement followed a stream of recent reports that increasingly cast doubt on Smollett’s story, including that two Nigerian brothers told investigators Smollett paid them $3,500 to stage the Jan. 29 incident.

It also came about 30 minutes after the siblings, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were escorted into the grand jury offices at Chicago’s the Leighton Criminal Court Building.

The men were surrounded by about a half-dozen people in civilian clothing as they walked into the secure area on the fourth floor of the courthouse.

On Tuesday, the Osundairos had been about to testify before a grand jury when a last-minute, “Hail Mary” call to the prosecution from Smollett’s lawyers postponed their appearances, according to the local CBS News affiliate.

The defense said it might have new evidence in the case, CBS 2 reported earlier Wednesday.

Smollett, who is black and gay, claims that he was attacked around 2 a.m. near his apartment building in Chicago’s swank Streeterville neighborhood by two men who called him “Empire f—-t n—-r”, doused him with a liquid believed to be bleach and looped a rope around his neck.

Rest - https://pagesix.com/2019/02/20/jussie-smollett-is-now-officially-a-suspect/?_ga=2.96425503.267642857.1550199666-2051527208.1550003555

jimnyc
02-20-2019, 08:19 PM
BOOM! Federal Charges Expected In Jussie Smollett “Terror Hoax!”

Jussie Smollett is in DEEP trouble! It was earlier reported that Jussie’s hoax might’ve occupied some very significant law enforcement resources. Some of those resources were federal. Bad move, Jussie.

https://i.imgur.com/8ChIRb2.png

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/boom-federal-charges-expected-in-jussie-smollett-terror-hoax/

jimnyc
02-20-2019, 09:43 PM
The fake news story goes on and on and on...

---

Jussie Smollett - indicted for felony by grand jury ... Filing false police report

Jussie Smollett has just been indicted for a felony ... filing a false police report, and the stakes are 3 years in prison.

A Cook County Grand Jury handed down the indictment late Wednesday, after grand jurors heard testimonies and evaluated evidence.

We're told Ola and Abel Osundairo -- the 2 brothers -- told Grand Jurors they staged the so-called "attack" at Jussie's behest and even got paid for it. The brothers were caught on camera buying a bunch of supplies before the incident ... including ski masks, gloves, bandanas, sunglasses and red hats.

https://i.imgur.com/8n1SGIi.png
https://i.imgur.com/GfVKmu0.png

Although police officially called Jussie a "victim" until recently, multiple law enforcement sources have told us the police had real doubts about Jussie's story early on. They found it weird he kept the rope around his neck for 42 minutes after the "attack," and were suspicious when he took them to the scene and immediately pointed to a camera which he said captured the incident. Turns out, the camera was pointed in the wrong direction.

Abel and Ola told police they drove with Jussie in the days prior to the incident scouting a location and even rehearsed the "attack."

Law enforcement believes Jussie timed the "attack" for January 29 because he knew the Osundairo brothers were leaving for Nigeria that day.

Rest - https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/20/jussie-smollett-indicted-felony-charge-filing-false-police-report/

6:18 PM PT -- Jussie's attorneys, Todd Pugh and Victor Henderson, released the following statement ... "Like any other citizen, Mr. Smollett enjoys the presumption of innocence, particularly when there has been an investigation like this one where information, both true and false, has been repeatedly leaked.

"Given these circumstances, we intend to conduct a thorough investigation and to mount and aggressive defense."

jimnyc
02-20-2019, 09:56 PM
Jussie Smollett Charged With Felony Disorderly Conduct/Filing False Police Report – Bond Hearing Set For Tomorrow

Cook County State’s Attorney’s office approved of charges against ‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett Wednesday evening after the brothers testified to a grand jury for 2.5 hours.

Jussie Smollett has been charged with felony disorderly conduct and filing a false police report. Bond court hearing is set for Thursday at 1:30 PM.

https://i.imgur.com/HFYU44h.png

Chicago Police spox confirmed Jussie Smollett was charged for disorderly conduct for filing a false police report. Detectives will make contact with his legal team to negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest, Anthony Guglielmi said.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/breaking-jussie-smollett-charged-with-felony-disorderly-conduct-bond-hearing-set-for-tomorrow/

Jussie Smollett’s Legal Team Releases Ridiculous Statement – “Will Mount Aggressive Defense”

Cook County State’s Attorney’s office approved of charges against ‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett Wednesday evening after the brothers testified to a grand jury for 2.5 hours.

Jussie Smollett has been charged with felony disorderly conduct and filing a false police report. Bond court hearing is set for Thursday at 1:30 PM.

Detectives will make contact with his legal team to negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest, Anthony Guglielmi said.

So no pre-dawn FBI raid to arrest Jussie Smollett?

Jussie Smollett’s legal team released a statement Wednesday night after a Cook County grand jury indicted their client on a felony charge.

“Like any other citizen, Mr. Smollett enjoys the presumption of innocence, particularly when there has been an investigation like this one where information, both true and false, has been repeatedly leaked. Given these circumstances, we intend to conduct a thorough investigation and to mount an aggressive defense,” Smollett’s attorneys, Todd Pugh and Victor Henderson said.

https://i.imgur.com/cQ48Qkf.png
https://i.imgur.com/HTbMagg.png

It looks like due process is a thing again — as long as you aren’t a Trump supporter.

-REWIND-

On January 29th, ‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett told Chicago Police that two white Trump supporters ambushed him on the streets of Chicago at 2 AM while he was walking back to his apartment following a midnight run to Subway to grab a sandwich.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/jussie-smolletts-legal-team-releases-statement-following-grand-jury-indictment/

jimnyc
02-20-2019, 10:06 PM
BREAKING: Jussie Smollett Indicted by a Chicago Grand Jury

The "Empire" star is due in court on Thursday afternoon

UPDATE 8:53 p.m. EST: A Cook County grand jury returned an indictment against Jussie Smollett late Wednesday afternoon. The Empire star now faces a maximum of three years in prison if found guilty of the felony charges. According to Chicago Police Chief Communications Officer Anthony Guglielmi, authorities are working with Smollett's attorneys to “negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest."

https://i.imgur.com/hD1ereR.png
https://i.imgur.com/kIjspsr.png
https://i.imgur.com/FzcrD32.png

The actor is due in court on Thursday afternoon.

UPDATE 9:24 p.m. EST: Smollett's legal team has issued a statement saying that they plan to launch a thorough investigation and mount an "aggressive" defense on their client's behalf.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/jussie-smollett-now-officially-classified-as-a-suspect-in-criminal-investigation/

jimnyc
02-20-2019, 10:23 PM
I believe he's going to be charged heavily for sending the aspirin filled letter through the federal mail.

Then, he files a false police report in Chicago, pointing the finger at "2 white men". So of course now the resources were looking for just that, from witnesses and from cameras alike.

Of course the media and the anti-Trump and the kkk comparing to MAGA hat idiots...

He prepared ahead of time with a dry run, he was prepared! And $3,500 apiece. Then they lightly kicked his ass & placed a lame loose around his neck. They purchased the rope themselves and I believe there's proof of this. They basically rolled over quickly when the thought of jail time was presented to them!

The lefty hollywood type lost their lunch and appetites over this, and of course had to blame ALL Trump supporters and types over this. The whole "the MAGA hat is like the KKK hood" agenda is being pushed further.

But as time went on, the story crumbled and crumbled more and more. But the majority of those who condemned, just looked the other way. Those that want to altogether condemn the right and MAGA over this, are silent.

---

Jussie Smollett charged with felony for allegedly making up hate-crime attack

The actor's lawyers said he "enjoys the presumption of innocence," particularly in light of what they called leaks of "information, both true and false."

"Empire" actor Jussie Smollett was charged Wednesday with a felony for allegedly filing a false police report claiming he was the victim of a hate-crime attack in Chicago, according to the Cook County State’s Attorney office.

Smollett is charged with felony disorderly conduct for the allegedly false report he filed with Chicago police on Jan. 29, in which he claimed he was assaulted by two masked men who hurled racist and homophobic slurs.

The actor, 36, who is black and gay, also said his attackers poured what he believed was bleach over him and put a noose around his neck.

Chicago Police Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said detectives will contact Smollett's legal team "to negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest." The actor is due in court for a bond hearing at 1:30 p.m. Thursday.

The announcement of charges on Wednesday night came after Smollett's attorneys talked with prosecutors in the morning, according to police.

In a statement released after Smollett was charged, his attorneys said he "enjoys the presumption of innocence, particularly when there has been an investigation like this one where information, both true and false, has been repeatedly leaked."

"Given these circumstances, we intend to conduct a thorough investigation and to mount an aggressive defense," the statement from attorneys Todd S. Pugh and Victor P. Henderson said.

Rest - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/chicago-police-jussie-smollett-considered-suspect-his-report-hate-crime-n973036

jimnyc
02-20-2019, 10:56 PM
Smollett charged with disorderly conduct for filing a false police report

“Empire” star Jussie Smollett was charged Wednesday with disorderly conduct for filing a false police report. The charge arises from a hate crime hoax that he allegedly orchestrated last month.

“Felony criminal charges have been approved by @CookCountySAO against Jussie Smollett for Disorderly Conduct / Filing a False Police Report. Detectives will make contact with his legal team to negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest,” Anthony Guglielmi, the Chief Communications Office for the Chicago PD, tweeted.

https://i.imgur.com/Qyrk4iV.png
https://i.imgur.com/oFa3n6A.png

Smollett’s lawyers issued a statement saying, “Like any other citizen, Mr. Smollett enjoys the presumption of innocence, particularly when there has been an investigation like this one where information, both true and false, has been repeatedly leaked.”

According to Illinois statues, filing a false police report constitutes disorderly conduct, and is felonious. A conviction for a class 4 felony in Illinois carries a 1-3 year prison sentence and can include fines up to $25,000, according to the state’s general assembly.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/20/jussie-smollett-charged-disorderly-conduct/

jimnyc
02-20-2019, 11:06 PM
Game Over, Jussie: Smollett Formally Charged For Planning Fake Hate Crime

Well, it’s over for Jussie Smollett. His tale of a racially motivated attack on January 29 led to the liberal media jumping the gun. The tale quickly fell apart, and now he’s being formally charged for orchestrating his own hate crime by the Chicago Police Department. Smollett, an actor of the Fox series “Empire,” alleged that two white men assaulted him on that freezing cold night, punching him, poured bleach on him, and then put a rope around his neck. As it turned out, it was two Nigerian brothers, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, who knew the actor. One was his former personal trainer while the other was an extra on the show. They allegedly were paid by Smollett, had rehearsed the so-called assault, and even bought the rope used in the fake assault. Surveillance footage was released today showing the brothers buying the supplies used in the faux hate crime. As Beth noted earlier, Smollett was also not seen as the victim anymore by police, but a suspect in this incident. Now, the game is over (via NYT):

Jussie Smollett, the “Empire” actor who said he was the victim of a hate crime, was indicted Wednesday night by an Illinois grand jury that found probable cause that he had actually staged the assault he reported to Chicago police in January.

Law enforcement officials said a grand jury had decided that Mr. Smollett falsely reported being attacked in a case that quickly drew national attention, and charged him with a felony count of disorderly conduct.

Mr. Smollett, who is black and openly gay, had told the police that, while walking in downtown Chicago, he had been confronted by masked men who hurled homophobic and racial slurs at him, and announced it was “MAGA country,” a reference to President Trump’s campaign slogan.

[…]

In a statement Wednesday evening, the Chicago police said Mr. Smollet “is now officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation by #ChicagoPolice for filing a false police report (Class 4 felony). Detectives are currently presenting evidence before a Cook County Grand Jury.”

From the start, investigators had difficulty corroborating Mr. Smollett’s story, even with about a dozen detectives assigned to the case.

No surveillance cameras caught the attack. There were no witnesses. He had not reported it from the scene, and when he got home was still wearing a noose that he said the perpetrators had placed around his neck.

Investigators, though, were able to track two men who appeared on video footage not far from the scene that night. Using ride share data, they discovered the two were brothers who in fact knew Mr. Smollett. One had acted as an extra on “Empire.”

The two brothers are cooperating with the investigation

Rest - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/02/20/game-over-jussie-smollett-formally-charged-for-planning-fake-hate-crime-n2541971

jimnyc
02-20-2019, 11:13 PM
Man, can almost run a month worth of news on what took place with this guy! From committing a felony, to riling up the left, riling up the left to develop some hatred about the "MAGA" wearing Trump folks who sent Smollett a letter, and then kicked hi ass at 3am...

But it was all BS

---

Prosecutors Charge Jussie Smollett With A Felony

The Cook County state’s attorney’s office officially charged "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett on Wednesday with felony disorderly conduct for allegedly filing a false police report.

"Felony criminal charges have been approved by @CookCountySAO against Jussie Smollett for Disorderly Conduct / Filing a False Police Report," Chicago Police Chief Communications Officer Anthony Guglielmi tweeted. "Detectives will make contact with his legal team to negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest."

https://i.imgur.com/kD5vb0L.png

"Guglielmi said CPD detectives presented evidence before a Cook County grand jury Wednesday," ABC Chicago reported. "The grand jury returned an indictment shortly before 7 p.m. Smollett is not in custody at this time."

Smollett's attorneys released the following statement after their client was charged: "Like any other citizen, Mr. Smollett enjoys the presumption of innocence, particularly when there has been an investigation like this one where information, both true and false, has been repeatedly leaked."

Rest - https://www.dailywire.com/news/43751/breaking-prosecutors-charge-jussie-smollett-felony-ryan-saavedra

jimnyc
02-20-2019, 11:48 PM
Actor Jussie Smollett faces a felony charge for allegedly filing a false police report

(CNN)"Empire" actor Jussie Smollett faces a felony charge of disorderly conduct for allegedly filing a false report claiming two men attacked him last month, a Chicago Police Department spokesman tweeted Wednesday night.

Anthony Guglielmi said charges were approved by the Cook County State's Attorney Office and "Detectives will make contact with his legal team to negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest."

Filing a false police report is disorderly conduct, according to Illinois code. A class 4 felony is punishable by one to three years, the code says.

A bail hearing is anticipated for 1:30 p.m. CT Thursday, prosecutors said.

Smollett's transformation from victim to suspect in a reported attack that captured national headlines came on the same day that a high-ranking police source said Chicago detectives were working to obtain the actor's financial records.

A Cook County grand jury met Wednesday just weeks after the young actor reported being the victim of a hate crime on January 29.

Smollett's attorneys released a statement: "Like any other citizen, Mr. Smollett enjoys the presumption of innocence, particularly when there has been an investigation like this one where information, both true and false, has been repeatedly leaked. Given these circumstances, we intend to conduct a thorough investigation and to mount an aggressive defense."

Video appears to show brothers buy items

Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation have told CNN that police believe Smollett paid two brothers to orchestrate an assault on him.

Surveillance video obtained from a Chicago-area beauty supply store appears to show the brothers connected to the incident purchasing a ski mask, sunglasses, a red hat and other items the day before the alleged assault on the actor.

The January 28 video shows two men shopping. They paid in cash, said the owner, who wishes not to be identified.

The video was turned over to police on Friday, the owner told CNN.

The brothers, who were arrested and released in connection with the attack, met Tuesday with police and prosecutors at a Chicago courthouse, police spokesman Tom Ahern said. The county's top prosecutor, Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx, has recused herself from the investigation, according to a spokeswoman from her office.

Gloria Schmidt, the attorney for the brothers, told reporters Wednesday that her clients had not accepted a plea deal or immunity.

"You don't need immunity when you have the truth, " she said.

The brothers were paid by the actor, she said, but the amount is "not fitting the narrative that is out there now."

Rest - https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

hjmick
02-21-2019, 06:05 PM
Jussie Smollett: The first American to scam Nigerians...

pete311
02-21-2019, 08:14 PM
Dude is an idiot and deserves jail

jimnyc
02-22-2019, 08:26 AM
The case with Jussie Smollett is getting worse and weird. After he bailed out yesterday, he quickly went back to the "Empire" show, and had a sit down with the entire crew, and ensured them that it's all a lie and that he is of course innocent.

Here is the PDF/Writeup from the police. Sound like an innocent man being setup? I don't think so. (crappy typing as I had to have it converted from PDF to TXT.

---

Defendant: Jussie Smollett (DOB 6/21/82) - 36 years old
Charge: Disorderly Conduct-False Report (Class 4 Felony)

The Defendant Jussie Smollet is an Actor and Singer-Songwriter, who currently appears as a character on the Fox television show ?Empire.? Defendant Smollett currently resides in an Apartment in Chicago?s Streeterville neighborhood.

The People expect the evidence to show that:

On Tuesday, January 22, 2019, Defendant Smollett received a written letter at the Cinespace Chicago Film Studios, which is a facility on the Southwest Side of Chicago where the Empire Television Show is ?lmed. This letter contained written threats directed toward Defendant Smollett, and contained a then unknown white powdery substance. The letter also contained cut out letters pieced together which stated ?Smollett Jussie you will die black
and the word was hand written on the envelope where the return address is typically located. This powdery substance has since been determined to be crushed
ibuprofen tablets. The letter also contained a drawing of a stick ?gure, which appears to have a rope around the neck and a gun pointed at it. Law enforcement authorities were contacted, and the letter was turned over to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, which is currently conducting forensic analysis of the letter.

In January of 2019, and at all times relevant hereto, Defendant Smollett was close friends with an individual by the name of Abimbola ?Abel? Osundairo, who is 25 years old.

Smollett and Abel initiated their friendship in the fall of 2017. During the course of this friendship, Defendant Smollett and Abel socialized together, exerCised together, as well as worked together on the Fox television series Empire. Within that working relationship, Abel was a stand-in for a character named ?Kai?, who is a love interest of Defendant Smollet?s character on the Empire TV Show. Additionally, text messages between Defendant Smollett and Abel revealed that Abel was a source of designer drugs for Defendant Smollett. Speci?cally, since the Spring of 2018, on several occasions, Defendant Smollett requested Abel to provide him with ?Molly?, which is a street name for the narcotic Ecstasy.

Text messages generated by Defendant Smollett to Abel, speci?cally starting on the morning of January 25, 2019, reveal Defendant Smollett asking Abel when he would be leaving on his upcoming trip to Nigeria. This trip was scheduled to take place on the evening of January 29, 2019, and it had been planned by Abel and his brother Olabinjo ?Ola? Osundairo (27 years old) two months prior.

After Abel con?rmed the date and time of his trip, Defendant Smollett texted Abel stating ?Might need your help on the low. You around to meet up and talk face to face?? The two then made arrangements to meet at the Cinespace Studios that afternoon, where Defendant Smollett subsequently drove Abel home to Abel?s apartment in the Lakeview neighborhood. During the ride, Defendant Smollett indicated to Abel his displeasure with

the Empire Studio?s handling of the racist and homophobic letter he received three days prior. Defendant Smollett then stated that he wanted to stage an attack where Abel would appear to batter him. Defendant Smollett also suggested that Abel?s older brother Ola assist him with the attack. Defendant Smollett had met Ola on several previous occasions through Abel. Additionally, Ola had also appeared as an extra of the Empire TV show. Abel and Ola are both dark Skinned, black males, born in the United States, with Nigerian decent.
When Defendant Smollett and Abel reached Abel?s apartment at approximately 5:00 PM on January 25, 2019, Ola, who was then living with Abel, was summoned into Defendant
Smollett?s vehicle. Once inside, Smollett asked Ola if he could trust him. When Ola said he could, Smollett detailed his plans of the attack to the brothers. Defendant Smollett statedthat he wanted them to appear to attack him on the evening of January 28, 2019 near his apartment building in Streeterville. Defendant Smollett also stated that he wanted the brothers to catch his attention by calling him an ?Empire Empire Defendant Smollett further detailed that he wanted Abel to attack him, but not hurt him too badly and give him a chance to appear to ?ght back. Defendant Smollett also included that he wanted Ola to place a rope around his neck, pour gasoline on him and yell ?This is MAGA country.? Prior to the brothers getting out of Smollett?s car, Smollett provided Abel with a $100 bill to
purchase the rope, gasoline, ski masks, gloves and red baseball caps which resemble the ones that say ?Make America Great Again.? The ride from Cinescape Studios to the Osundairo brothers? home and the meeting between Smollett and the brothers is corroborated by CPD POD videos and cellular phone tower data of Smollett?s phone number.

On the late morning of Sunday January 27, 2019, Smollett drove his vehicle back to the Lakeview neighborhood to pick up the brothers and show them the scene where he wanted the staged attack to take place. Smollett then drove the brothers to the corner of New Street and North Water Street in Chicago where the staged attack was to take place. This was just outside Smollett?s apartment building. Further details were provided by Smollett which included that the staged attack was to take place near the stairs on the southwest corner of New and NorthWater Streets at the following night. Smollett also instructed the brothers not to bring theirrcell phones with them. Smollett directed the brothers? attention toward a surveillance camera on the corner, which he believed would capture the incident.
There was a change in the plan that bleach was going to be used rather than gasoline during the simulated attack. Smollett then drove the brothers home and provided them with a $3500 personal check made payable to Abel, which was backdated to January 23, 2019.

On the morning of January 28, 2019, the date of the planned incident, the brothers purchased the clothing items at a local beauty supply store and the rope at a nearby hardware store, using the $100 bill that Smollett had given them. These purchases were corroborated by surveillance video and a receipt. Abel also deposited Smollett?s check that same day in his own bank account. Later that evening, the plan had changed and the time of the attack had to be pushed back because Smollett?s ?ight into O?Hare Airport from New York had been delayed by four hours. Smollett?s plane eventually landed at O?Hare at 12:30 AM on January 29, 2019. At 12:49 AM, there was a phone call between Smollett and Abel which lasted three minutes. During this call, Smollett told Abel the attack would take place at exactly 2:00 AM at the preset location. Minutes later Ola ordered an Uber ride share to his home to leave for the crime scene. Cell phone records and Uber records con?rm this call and
the Uber ride.

The brothers then took the Uber to the 1400 block of North Wells where they exited the Uber and ?agged down a taxi which took them to within three blocks of the arranged scene at approximately 1:22 AM. The taxi?s in?car video captures the brothers ?agging the cab and riding in the back seat.

From approximately until approximately video evidence showed the brothers on foot in an area bordered by Lake Shore Drive on the east, Columbus Drive on the
west, Illinois Street to the north, and the Chicago River to the south. Video evidence also showed that Smollett returned back to his apartment from the airport at approximately 1:30 AM. At 1:45 AM, Smollett left his building to walk to a nearby Subway restaurant at Illinois Street and McClurg Court At 2:00 AM, the brothers were at the intersection of New St. and North Water Street; however, Defendant Smollett did not arrive exactly at the preset

time. The brothers then proceeded a quarter block north and waited near a bench until Smollett arrived, which was four minutes later. Surveillance cameras captured the brothers waiting at this location just prior to the staged attack. During Smollett?s interview on Good Morning America which aired on February 14, 2019, he identi?ed the people shown in a still of this surveillance video as his attackers. Also, during this interview, Smollett indicated that he was positive that these were his attackers. The two men in this video are in fact that Osundairo brothers.

It was at this time, that the brothers staged the attack of Defendant Smollett just how Sm?ollett had instructed them. While the staged attack was occurring, a witness, who is an employee of NBC News Chicago, had just parked and exited her vehicle just around the corner from the location of the staged attack. This witness indicated that she heard nothing at the time the staged attack was occurring, despite the fact that Defendant Smollett told CPD detectives that his attackers were ?yelling? racial and homophobic slurs at him, and he in turn was ?yelling? back at them. The staged attack lasted 45 seconds, and it was just outside the view of the
desired nearby camera that Smollett had pointed out to the brothers approximately 15 hours earlier.

Approximately one minute later, video evidence showed the brothers run from the location, southbound toward the Chicago River and westbound toward Columbus Drive Video evidence also captured the brothers entering a taxi at the Hyatt Regency Hotel across the river at 02:10 A.M.

Video evidence then showed that at 2:25 AM, the brothers exit the taxi on the 3600 block of North Marsh?eld Ave. and walk northbound. This was only a few blocks from the brothers? Lakeview apartment, which was also the original Uber pick up location to the staged crime scene. Video shows the brothers walking from where they were dropped off toward their home. Two minutes after the brothers exited the taxi, at 2:27 A.M., Defendant Smollett?s manager called the police to report the incident. At approximately 2:42 A.M., Chicago Police arrived at Smollett?s apartment. Chicago Police Of?cers observed that Smollett had a rope draped around his neck. This was captured on police body worn camera. Seconds later,
Smollett asked the Police to shut off the cameras. Smollett then made a police report where he claimed he was the victim of an attack in which the offenders struck him while yelling racial and homophobic slurs. Smollett also reported that the offenders placed a rope around his neck, poured a liquid chemical on him, and told him this is Country.? Defendant Smollett also reported for the ?rst time, that three days prior, on January 26, 2019, he received a phone call from an unidenti?ed phone number in which an unidenti?ed male caller stated, ?Hey you little before ending the call. Smollett also told police that the incident happened near a camera, which he stated should have captured the attack. This is the same camera that Defendant Smollett pointed out to the Osundairo brothers in preparation of this staged attack. Smollett also told police that the initial and primary attacker (now known to be Abel Osundairo) was wearing a ski mask which covered his entire face, with the exception of his eyes and the area all around his eyes. Smollett stated to the police that he could see that the area around this person?s eyes was white-skinned. As stated earlier in this proffer, the Osundairo brothers are dark skinned male blacks. During the Good Morning America interview referenced earlier, Smollett stated ?And it feels like ifI had said it was a Muslim, or a Mexican, or someone black, I feel like the doubters would have supported me much more. A lot These statements by Smollett further misled the police and the public to believe that his attackers were white.

On January 29, 2019 at 7:45 PM, just less than 18 hours following reported attack, Defendant Smollett placed a phone call to Abel and the duration of the call was ?ve seconds. Two minutes later, Abel called back Smollett and the call lasted 1 minute and 34 seconds. The brothers then boarded their ?ight to Nigeria and left the country. On January 30, 2019 at 10:46 AM, Defendant Smollett called Abel, who was in Istanbul Turkey, and the duration of the call lasted 8 minutes and 48 seconds.

For the next two weeks, the Chicago Police Department investigated this matter as a Hate Crime. Chicago police were able to identify the Osundairo brothers as the alleged attackers through an extensive investigation using Surveillance Videos, Police Pod Videos, in?car taxi camera videos, rideshare records, credit card records, bank records, and a store receipt. On February 13, 2019, the brothers returned from Nigeria, landing at Chicago O'Hare International Airport, and they were detained by US Customs. Members of the Chicago Police Department then placed them into custody. That same evening, the Chicago Police executed a Search Warrant upon the Osundairo brothers? residence where they recovered evidence which linked Abel to the Empire TV show. Chicago Police already had determined that Ola was af?liated with the show as well[ Following their arrest and through consultation with their attorneys, the brothers agreed to c00perate in the investigation. As more evidence, such as text messages, phone records, social media records, bank records, surveillancevideo and the receipt from the purchase of the rope was obtained by nvestigators, the investigation shifted from a Hate Crime to a Disorderly Conduct investigation. The Cook County State?s Attorney?s Of?ce approved charges of Disorderly Conduct against Defendant Smollett at 6: 10 PM on February 20,2019. At 5:00 AM this morning (January 21,2019), Defendant Smollett was placed into custody at Area Central Chicago Police Headquarters.

Abbey Marie
02-22-2019, 08:54 AM
I predict he gets either zero jail time, or just a few months and let out early. But mostly I think it will be zero.

jimnyc
02-22-2019, 09:07 AM
I predict he gets either zero jail time, or just a few months and let out early. But mostly I think it will be zero.

He's supposed to get THREE years for just the sending of the felonious envelope alone!!

jimnyc
02-22-2019, 09:51 AM
What a dumbass! Not only did he payoff these guys to help him, but he did so using his CHECKBOOK, and it's all been proven. :rolleyes:

---

Video: Charles Barkley Torches Jussie Smollett: “Do Not Commit Crimes With Checks”

Charles Barkley torched race attack hoaxer Jussie Smollett on the NBA on TNT Thursday night. Video clips posted online show Barkley cracking up co-hosts Shaquille O’Neal, Kenny Smith and Ernie “E.J.” Johnson. At one point Shaq laughed so hard he choked, doubled over and appeared to do a spit take (third screen image below).

Best lines: “America, do not commit crimes with checks!”; “You wasted all that damn time and money. You know what you shoulda did? Just went up in Liam Neeson’s neighborhood!” and the “bologna and government cheese” sandwiches at Subway that you want to go out at 3 or 4 in the morning for (in second video clip below).

Barkley and the NBA on TNT crew piled on with a graphic of a fake check made out to “MUGGERS” and another graphic mocking Smollett captioned, “Who me?”

https://i.imgur.com/bLCDFhC.png

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/video-charles-barkley-torches-jussie-smollett-do-not-commit-crimes-with-checks/

Abbey Marie
02-22-2019, 12:59 PM
He's supposed to get THREE years for just the sending of the felonious envelope alone!!

I know, right? But liberals control the narrative via the media, and that’s why he will likely be free.
Even his TV show is only suspending him for two episodes, for now. Unreal.

Black Diamond
02-23-2019, 09:19 PM
I smell a Nike ad campaign.

Gunny
02-24-2019, 11:49 AM
I know, right? But liberals control the narrative via the media, and that’s why he will likely be free.
Even his TV show is only suspending him for two episodes, for now. Unreal.

Mind-boggling is it can look like crap, smell like crap, feel like crap ... but if the left says it isn't crap then it must be so. So much of everything wrong in this country right now is as obvious as the sun and it just gets ignored for politics. If these idiots actually believe saying it ain't so makes it not so, they have some serious issues with cognitive reasoning.

Oh wait ... did I say "reasoning" and "lefties" in the same paragraph?:laugh:

jimnyc
02-24-2019, 03:04 PM
And why not? This scumbag is playing it smart. Even after the arrest, he went right back to the set, and apologized to his castmates but also told them he was 100% innocent. But he's also laying the roadwork on how best to get a minimum sentence. The proof? Some of it can be beat with a great lawyer like Mark Geragos, who I last heard he hired. But some of the other stuff on camera, and in text messages and other things, a judge would have to be in on it to somehow not find him guilty.

So with that, his best deal is to work out a deal with prosecutors - hence him already lining up this drug crap and I also hear perhaps going to drug rehab in addition.

A scumbag is a scumbag, nonetheless.

---

Now Jussie Blames Drugs?

You just knew this was coming: (https://pagesix.com/2019/02/22/jussie-smollett-claims-he-has-an-untreated-drug-problem/)

Jussie Smollett told cops he has an untreated drug problem — raising questions about whether he might try to use the claim to at least get any potential prison sentence reduced, according to a report Friday. The “Empire” star divulged his alleged drug problem after turning himself in Thursday morning on charges he filed a false police report involving a hate crime, TMZ reported. (https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/20/jussie-smollett-indicted-felony-charge-filing-false-police-report/)

Prosecutors said Abimbola “Abel” Osundairo, one of the brothers who helped Smollett allegedly stage the Jan. 29 hate attack, served as Smollett’s drug dealer, selling him Molly several times since the spring of 2018.

The 36-year-old actor, in claiming to have a drug problem, could be paving the way to use it as a “mitigating factor” when it comes to sentencing, the site said. In court documents, Smollett answered “no” to whether he had any mental or alcohol problems.

I'm as tired of this non-story as you are, but the item above does raise an interesting question: why would alleged illegal drug use be a mitigating factor in any possible sentence? Does one alleged crime mitigate another? Our "criminal justice" system is not only a joke, it's also become a tool of the social-justice Left, excusing one pathology by the invocation of another.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/now-jussie-blames-drugs/

Jussie Smollett claims he has an untreated drug problem

Jussie Smollett told cops he has an untreated drug problem — raising questions about whether he might try to use the claim to at least get any potential prison sentence reduced, according to a report Friday.

The “Empire” star divulged his alleged drug problem after turning himself in Thursday morning on charges he filed a false police report involving a hate crime, TMZ reported.

Prosecutors said Abimbola “Abel” Osundairo, one of the brothers who helped Smollett allegedly stage the Jan. 29 hate attack, served as Smollett’s drug dealer, selling him Molly several times since the spring of 2018.

The 36-year-old actor, in claiming to have a drug problem, could be paving the way to use it as a “mitigating factor” when it comes to sentencing, the site said.

In court documents, Smollett answered “no” to whether he had any mental or alcohol problems.

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/22/jussie-smollett-claims-he-has-an-untreated-drug-problem/

Gunny
02-24-2019, 06:12 PM
And why not? This scumbag is playing it smart. Even after the arrest, he went right back to the set, and apologized to his castmates but also told them he was 100% innocent. But he's also laying the roadwork on how best to get a minimum sentence. The proof? Some of it can be beat with a great lawyer like Mark Geragos, who I last heard he hired. But some of the other stuff on camera, and in text messages and other things, a judge would have to be in on it to somehow not find him guilty.

So with that, his best deal is to work out a deal with prosecutors - hence him already lining up this drug crap and I also hear perhaps going to drug rehab in addition.

A scumbag is a scumbag, nonetheless.

---

Now Jussie Blames Drugs?

You just knew this was coming: (https://pagesix.com/2019/02/22/jussie-smollett-claims-he-has-an-untreated-drug-problem/)

I'm as tired of this non-story as you are, but the item above does raise an interesting question: why would alleged illegal drug use be a mitigating factor in any possible sentence? Does one alleged crime mitigate another? Our "criminal justice" system is not only a joke, it's also become a tool of the social-justice Left, excusing one pathology by the invocation of another.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/now-jussie-blames-drugs/

Jussie Smollett claims he has an untreated drug problem

Jussie Smollett told cops he has an untreated drug problem — raising questions about whether he might try to use the claim to at least get any potential prison sentence reduced, according to a report Friday.

The “Empire” star divulged his alleged drug problem after turning himself in Thursday morning on charges he filed a false police report involving a hate crime, TMZ reported.

The 36-year-old actor, in claiming to have a drug problem, could be paving the way to use it as a “mitigating factor” when it comes to sentencing, the site said.

In court documents, Smollett answered “no” to whether he had any mental or alcohol problems.

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/22/jussie-smollett-claims-he-has-an-untreated-drug-problem/"Jussie now blames drugs". Doesn't get you off the hook for committing a crime when you're drunk.

What will get him off the hook is his "affluenza".

jimnyc
02-25-2019, 12:45 PM
I can't believe this guy continues to deny what happened. And many of his supporters still claim it was a setup against him. :rolleyes:

---

Chicago PD Superintendent: ‘A Lot More Evidence’ Against Smollett

Monday on ABC’s “Good Morning America,” Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson revealed “there is a lot more evidence” going against “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett’s version of an alleged hate crime.

Johnson said as of now, Smollett will still get his day in court, but he said physical evidence, video evidence and testimony “does not support the version he gave.”

“[T]here’s a lot more evidence that hasn’t been presented yet and does not support the version he gave,” Johnson told ABC’s Robin Roberts.

He added, “But there’s still a lot of physical evidence, video evidence and testimony that just simply does not support his version of what happened.”

Johnson wanted to make it clear that the Chicago Police Department is not coming out against Smollett. Instead, he said the evidence, facts and witnesses are saying Smollett created a fake hate crime.

“It’s important for people to recognize that it’s not the Chicago Police saying he did something,” he argued. “It’s the evidence, the facts and the witnesses that are saying this.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/02/25/chicago-pd-superintendent-a-lot-more-evidence-against-smollett/

STTAB
02-25-2019, 12:49 PM
"Jussie now blames drugs". Doesn't get you off the hook for committing a crime when you're drunk.

What will get him off the hook is his "affluenza".

The only way he gets off the hook at this point is if a jury lets him off. And actually it would have to be two juries, because he's going to face federal charges as well.