PDA

View Full Version : Source: Trump to Accept Deal, but Make Move for Wall

jimnyc
02-12-2019, 12:14 PM
I still think this would be awesome! Get the 1. whatever from this deal with the democrats. And then pull another 4. whatever billion out of already appropriated money!!

---

Source: Trump to Accept Deal, but Make Move for Wall

President Donald Trump will likely accept the deal in principle made by a bipartisan congressional committee that will keep the government open even though it provides far less funding for the southern border wall than the president demanded, a conservative House member told CNN on Tuesday.

However, realizing the fact that Congress will never be serious about approving enough money for the building of a complete border wall that the president seeks, Trump will then immediately use executive action to start additional border barrier construction, the source said.

The source added that this means lawsuits will almost certainly be filed against the president for bypassing Congress to build parts of the wall that the legislature did not authorize.

Trump may have hinted at this strategy during his appearance in El Paso, Texas on Monday night. As he approached the stage to speak, he received word that congressmen had reached a deal in principle, telling the crowd the news and then adding, “Just so you know, we’re building the wall anyway,” according to The Hill.

Politico reported that Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard Shelby, a lead Republican negotiator, said after announcing the tentative agreement that “The White House has been consulted all along.”

Shelby added that he’s been given “latitude” to negotiate on behalf of the administration.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/trump-border-wall-budget/2019/02/12/id/902334/

STTAB
02-12-2019, 12:33 PM
I'll believe it when I see it, until then I'm VERY disappointed if Trump signs this.

jimnyc
02-12-2019, 02:22 PM
I'll believe it when I see it, until then I'm VERY disappointed if Trump signs this.

ONLY to the extent that the funding would be about 25% of what he wanted. Now, if he were to be able to sidestep the 'tard show somehow, and get the funding he needs, then I'll be much less disappointed.

STTAB
02-12-2019, 02:25 PM
ONLY to the extent that the funding would be about 25% of what he wanted. Now, if he were to be able to sidestep the 'tard show somehow, and get the funding he needs, then I'll be much less disappointed.

I don't think he could have allowed another shut down, but damn I'm just sick of the Republicans caving every chance they get. Hopefully he has the Army Corp of Engineers pitch in another $2.5B

jimnyc
02-12-2019, 02:32 PM
I don't think he could have allowed another shut down, but damn I'm just sick of the Republicans caving every chance they get. Hopefully he has the Army Corp of Engineers pitch in another $2.5B

Agree there, it's ALWAYS the right caving in somehow and relenting to the left. And even with investigations, always of the right and lacking of the left???

STTAB
02-12-2019, 02:47 PM
Agree there, it's ALWAYS the right caving in somehow and relenting to the left. And even with investigations, always of the right and lacking of the left???

Because the right is a bunch of sniveling coward. Hell look at all the Republicans who ran away in 2018 instead of running for reelection. Now normally I'm for sitting Congressman going home, but when you look around and realize that if 40 of you retire at the same time your party will lose control of the House and you do it anyway, you're a bunch of cowards who dont really care about this country.

aboutime
02-12-2019, 04:43 PM
http://www.theamericanmirror.com/

After El Chapo conviction, use seized $14 BILLION to build border wall?
FEBRUARY 12TH, 2019
BY MARTIN WALSH
Could El Chapo’s seized drug money be used to build the border wall?

High_Plains_Drifter
02-12-2019, 07:01 PM
If he accepts this SHIT deal, then I guarantee you, his numbers will go DOWN.

I'll lose faith in the man myself.

I know he's fighting a ONE MAN BATTLE. He doesn't even have the support of his OWN PARTY. But he IS the PRESIDENT, and he has the AMERICAN PUBLIC BEHIND HIM. He should tell them to GO POUND SAND. Give him the money or the government WILL close down, and it will STAY closed down, PERMANENTLY, or until THIS time, the DEMOCRATS CAVE... PERIOD.

I'm so sick of GUTLESS republicans I could PUKE, and I know damn well I'm NOT ALONE.

KarlMarx
02-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Well, true, the Republicans could have, and should have, approved funding for the wall when they had both houses of Congress. So, shame on them for bringing this situation about.

But, this whole border wall non-issue was dreamed up by the Democrats to hurt Trump politically. However, Trump’s approval numbers are up. That’s why the Democrats gave him the $1.375B, they are starting to realize that this may be back firing on them.

There is several hundred million dollars of funds already at Trump’s disposal for wall construction. I heard something around $600M. So that brings the total up to $2B.

For the rest? Trump will declare an emergency and get the balance from funds earmarked for defense per the National Emergency Act.

The Democrats will challenge it in court but the case will eventually wind up in the Supreme Court. A court that has a majority of conservative jurists, no less. It is likely that the Supreme Court will rule in Trump’s favor.

The wall gets built, the Democrats get to eat crow while wearing egg on their faces, Trump’s number go up..... and just in time for the 2020 presidential campaign...

Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus

It’s a Trump slam dunk win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk