PDA

View Full Version : Academy of Thought and Industry - A new way to school

darin
02-13-2019, 09:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep_xMmhOqUI

Noir
02-13-2019, 11:31 AM
Looks good for those that can afford it - though I saw no indication of what the plan is if a student is failing with them, either they’ve never had any failures (seems unlikely) or it wasn’t brought up (a shame).

darin
02-14-2019, 02:40 AM
Looks good for those that can afford it - though I saw no indication of what the plan is if a student is failing with them, either they’ve never had any failures (seems unlikely) or it wasn’t brought up (a shame).

The vid didn't give any details. I think the biggest takeaway is: Get Govt OUT of education. :)

SassyLady
02-14-2019, 03:31 AM

Perhaps failure at this school is like life. You get up and try again. And they do fail. One kid got fired by a client. Founder said it was good ... a learning experience.

Also, I don't think they would accept students who don't want to be there and as long as they are participating they don't fail.

Abbey Marie
02-14-2019, 04:05 PM
Do they learn any traditional academics, like history or literature?

The Sage of Main Street
02-18-2019, 07:34 PM
Divide the class into teams and quiz frequently throughout the day. The team with the highest scores gets Friday off; the one with the lowest has to come in on Saturday. Students four grades older will be paid to teach the Saturday classes.

The present system is unnatural. It numbs the mind and produces an apathetic conformity. It also isolates our most valuable human resources. Under it, the High IQs benefit none of their fellow students, who are therefore easily misled into thinking that ruling-class parasites must create our advanced economy.

Abbey Marie
02-18-2019, 07:41 PM
Divide the class into teams and quiz frequently throughout the day. The team with the highest scores gets Friday off; the one with the lowest has to come in on Saturday. Students four grades older will be paid to teach the Saturday classes.

The present system is unnatural. It numbs the mind and produces an apathetic conformity. It also isolates our most valuable human resources. Under it, the High IQs benefit none of their fellow students, who are therefore easily misled into thinking that ruling-class parasites must create our advanced economy.

The carrot is the preferred method, but for those still unmotivated, you still need the stick. And Vo-Tech schools.